Flat Flight Attendant on her way!! - Houston, TX

Hello Real Self. I am so happy I found this site...

Hello Real Self. I am so happy I found this site and am ready to be as REAL as I can be. I have been reading everyones success stories and I am ready to share in what hopefully will be mine. I am a 41 year old mother of 3. Their ages are 12,8 and 5. I am going to have a TT, lipo and muscle repair. So ready!
Good luck!!!
Your gonna be fly fabulous! ;) your day is coming very soon and I will continue to follow your amazing results
I love it! Fly fabulous!! Thanks!

10 days and counting down!

I can't believe I am ready to start my official count down. 10 days until my TT! My emotions are all over the place. The only emotion I am not having is sadness. There is no way I could ever be sad about getting rid of this apron, fupa, over hang, dunlap or whatever name you want to call it. I'm ready for it to all be gone. :-) I have such a busy week ahead and I know these next days are going to fly by so quickly.

I have started making preperations for the big day. I rented a lift chair recliner since
my bed is high off the ground. I will miss sleeping with my husband, but since there won't be any "extra activity" I'm sure I will be just fine. Besides I know my mind will be on other things. I have also started buying comfy dresses that I can wear before and after I have my drains removed.

Question: Any suggestions on ANYTHING else you would recommend? Thank you!!
Wonderful!!! We can follow each others story! I didn't think about a lift chair. My bed is so high off the ground that I have a step stool. Think I'm just going to use my chase lounge to sleep in for the first week. Keep posting!!
I sure will!! You too!!
Don't forget you scar treatments for a nice healing scar.

Post op went well.

My post op went well and I am all paid up! I woke up this morning feeling more nervous than I ever have. Maybe it's because my best friend had her TT yesterday and I have not seen nor talked to her. I know she is home and resting so I have to just take comfort in that until I see her for myself. I have started making lists of ALL the thing I will need for after and it seems to keep growing, and growing. I'm so nervous. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband and he knows exactly what to say and do to calm my nerves.
Very exciting! You will do amazing!!
I'm excited too!!! Going to get my toilet seat and pillow today!!! Only 5 days to go!!!
Looking forward to hearing how your return to work is. I am also a Flight Attendant, my surgery is booked for October. Please keep us posted and good luck!

Tick, tock. Tick, tuck!!

I can't believe the time has finally come. In about 6 hours,I will be heading to the hospital to finally rid myself of something that I have been wanting to get rid of for over 4 yrs. Everything and everyone is in place for me to successful recovery. I am so blessed to have a wonderful and supportive husband who has taken every measure to make sure I will be taken care of and comfortable. At this moment I am surprisingly calm. I will let y'all know how I feel in the morning! :-/
Good Luck!, so happy for you
Thank you!!
Good luck with sx today. Sending positive vibes and prayers your way.

It's finally my turn!!

OMG! OMG!! Is all I keep saying. I can't believe it's finally my turn. I only woke up once to check the clock and then fell back to sleep. No nerves yet and hopefully it will stay that way. Who am I kidding? I am such an emotional person I am SURE I will shed a tear or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc....... Wish me luck, or a lil prayer. All are appreciated!! I will probably update once we get to the hospital. If I don't, SEE YOU ON THE FLAT SIDE!!!!!!

Before pictures

No nerves because you are prepared! Praying.......COMEON OVER TO THE FLATSIDE SISTA!!! I'm 9 days flat. You'll love it here. Hit us up when you're out....
Thank you. You were right!
Good luck Girly!! My prayers are with you for a beautiful tummy!!

Flat side? Who me? YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Hi everyone!! I am officially a FLAT SIDER!!! Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. I am resting comfortably and in little to no pain. I am so thankful for my husband. I hope you all have/had as great of a support person or people that I have. Yesterday, I have to be honest, I was thinking to myself WHAT HAVE I DONE. The pain was a bit much and moving around was a challenge. I coughed and thought I was going to explode.

However, today is a new day and I actually feel really good. My husband has me staying on top of my meds and I am actually just taking one pain pill at times. I am very excited to see what I look like under this garment.
Congrats!!! Happy healing
Thank you!!
We did it!! So glad to hear how you are doing! Same here, can't wait to see what's under my compression garment. Congrats girl!!

No more pain meds!

Besides a little soreness I am doing pretty good today. I am walking to the bathroom without any assistance. YEA me!! I have decided to stop taking the meds at 5:30am this morning and at 1:12p I am not having any issues. All I keep saying to myself is one day at a time. I have my first post op visit today and I'm ready to see this new belly.
My drains are out and i felt like a new woman. I have over done it. And its easy to do. its quite amazing how much it takes out of ya just riding around doing basic errands. listen to your body. if you hurt, lay down. do not push yourself......just makes ya swell and feel cranky
Thank you very much for the advice!
Happy for you. Its a slow process but so worth it!

Post op day 3

Hi group! Just thought I would check in. I am on day 3 post op and doing pretty good. I feel totally normal until I need to get up from the recliner, walk, go to the restroom, cough or laugh!! I went to my PS yesterday and of coarse the drains are still in and I am very swollen. I am just taking one day at a time and not rushing my healing.
My husband called my drains my balls too!!! Take it easy!!!
Glad to see you on the Flat side!!! Happy healing!! Praying for yah ;-)
Thank you and keep the prayers coming!

My sleeping area

I am still so sore from the lipo. How long will this last? Still moving around like an old woman. Very thankful that I rented a recliner for my recovery, I couldn't imagine getting in and out of my tall bed. Over all I am making some progress with walking more and a bit faster. I am still doing a liquid diet. My body has not picked up its apatite yet and that's fine with me!! I am loving the new shape I see that is transforming before me every day. I guess I will share this lil bit of info. because on all the post I read they do. I finally had a BM!!!!!! Took 5 days and one dose of MOM to get the pipes back to working.
Happy healing

New photo.

Looking good!
Wow!!! Nice work!!

Making some progress.

I hate they put the drains right there!!! So uncomfortable... Happy healing!
I know! Not used to anything sticking out of my vajaja, but has to be better than the sides.
I dont think so.... I'd rather have it on the sides... Easier to go to the bathroom.

I am the 7 dwarfs!!!

Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy and Sneezy!!! Who knew that I would be all of the 7 dwarfs wrapped into one person.

BASHFUL-because I have never been one to want to show my bodily flaws.
DOC-because I have had to deal with the drains, and surgical tape.
DOPEY- well we all know why!! The pain meds were awesome!!
GRUMPY-because of how my body looked. I was/ am tired of how my CG feels. Actually that has gotten better.
HAPPY- with my decision, with the progress I have made, with the thoughts of the future.
SLEEPY-because of the pain meds, sitting around, and just plain tired.
SNEEZY-seems like since my TT that's one of the main things I have been keeping at bay. There have been a few times I was about to sneeze and I stopped myself. I coughed once and don't ever want to do that anytime soon.
You look great and I am happy to read and see the results of another African American woman. I have stretchmarks, unlike you, but I am still so happy. I am only 6 days post op and I look forward to tracking each other's stories since our dates are so close together. It's good to be "ON THE FLAT SIDE" for the first time in my life. YEAH!!!! Hope you check out my profile and keep in touch.
Hi there and thank you! I have read your profile and will be checking up on your progress.
Me too!

Drains are finally out!!

Ding dong the drains are gone, drains are gone , drains are gone! Ding dong the wicked drains are gone!! They hurt at first when my PS started to pull on them and then it just felt weird. I am so glad they are out I don't know what to do. Oh yea, sit here and do nothing like I have been for the past 11 days!!
You are doing great!
Congrats ...the biggest part is behind you...now for the recovery! Stay restful and don't overdo anything. One can become ambitious and overdo it. Happy healing and again, congratulations!
Thank you so much for the great advise. I feel like I am ready to do so much more, but I know slow and steady is the way to go.

What's new?!

I have not posted in a few days so here goes. Once the drains were out I had to wait 24 hours to take a shower and drive. Let me just tell ya. That first shower wiped me out! It was my first time with out the compression garment standing for more than a few minutes. So thankful we have a shower seat built into our shower. Washing and lotioning my stomach feels so weird.

Now to the driving. I felt like I was Driving Miss. Daisy!!! I drove slower than normal. Turned slower than normal. And I kept messing with my seat belt so that it would not be too tight. I have been feeling really well. However, my body told me when it was time to slow down. After 2 days of outings my back, where I had the lipo, was so sore. I have truly learned to listen to my body and take it easy. I was not a small girl when I starred and am still in swell hell, but could not be happier with my results.
You look amazing darling with your cute little bb!
Aww. Thank you!!
Whoop whoop scar looks great too! :)

Healing right along.

I am starting to feel normal again. However, when I sit for too long and then stand I am slow moving and a little sore. Does this happen to any of you post TTers? I have not returned to work and don't plan on it until September. I need to take more pics of me in the morning when I am at my flattest. Swell hell starts to kick in during the evening. Since my TT I have lost...................17lbs!!! not gunna tell you how much of that he took off my tummy!!! LOL i actually have the pic, but have not posted it yet. I love my new curves and so does my hubby. ;-)

does my husband! I have have not been cleared to workout yet, so I have been going for small walks around my neighborhood.
Woohoo!!
Thank you!!
You look great. Ok, I'm curious, how much skin (weight) did he take off? And I would love to see the pics. I'm having my doctor take pictures too. :-)

More pictures

Pic

The real deal.

Side by side

How long till you went back to flying? How was it when you did? I'm a FA too. How long till all the swelling was gone ?
I'm an FA and I'm happy to answer any questions. :-)
How long did you take off work?
Dr. Rojan Amjadi