Flat Flight Attendant on her way!! - Houston, TX

Hello Real Self. I am so happy I found this site...

Hello Real Self. I am so happy I found this site and am ready to be as REAL as I can be. I have been reading everyones success stories and I am ready to share in what hopefully will be mine. I am a 41 year old mother of 3. Their ages are 12,8 and 5. I am going to have a TT, lipo and muscle repair. So ready!

10 days and counting down!

I can't believe I am ready to start my official count down. 10 days until my TT! My emotions are all over the place. The only emotion I am not having is sadness. There is no way I could ever be sad about getting rid of this apron, fupa, over hang, dunlap or whatever name you want to call it. I'm ready for it to all be gone. :-) I have such a busy week ahead and I know these next days are going to fly by so quickly.

I have started making preperations for the big day. I rented a lift chair recliner since
my bed is high off the ground. I will miss sleeping with my husband, but since there won't be any "extra activity" I'm sure I will be just fine. Besides I know my mind will be on other things. I have also started buying comfy dresses that I can wear before and after I have my drains removed.

Question: Any suggestions on ANYTHING else you would recommend? Thank you!!

Post op went well.

My post op went well and I am all paid up! I woke up this morning feeling more nervous than I ever have. Maybe it's because my best friend had her TT yesterday and I have not seen nor talked to her. I know she is home and resting so I have to just take comfort in that until I see her for myself. I have started making lists of ALL the thing I will need for after and it seems to keep growing, and growing. I'm so nervous. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband and he knows exactly what to say and do to calm my nerves.

Tick, tock. Tick, tuck!!

I can't believe the time has finally come. In about 6 hours,I will be heading to the hospital to finally rid myself of something that I have been wanting to get rid of for over 4 yrs. Everything and everyone is in place for me to successful recovery. I am so blessed to have a wonderful and supportive husband who has taken every measure to make sure I will be taken care of and comfortable. At this moment I am surprisingly calm. I will let y'all know how I feel in the morning! :-/

It's finally my turn!!

OMG! OMG!! Is all I keep saying. I can't believe it's finally my turn. I only woke up once to check the clock and then fell back to sleep. No nerves yet and hopefully it will stay that way. Who am I kidding? I am such an emotional person I am SURE I will shed a tear or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc....... Wish me luck, or a lil prayer. All are appreciated!! I will probably update once we get to the hospital. If I don't, SEE YOU ON THE FLAT SIDE!!!!!!

Before pictures

Flat side? Who me? YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Hi everyone!! I am officially a FLAT SIDER!!! Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. I am resting comfortably and in little to no pain. I am so thankful for my husband. I hope you all have/had as great of a support person or people that I have. Yesterday, I have to be honest, I was thinking to myself WHAT HAVE I DONE. The pain was a bit much and moving around was a challenge. I coughed and thought I was going to explode.

However, today is a new day and I actually feel really good. My husband has me staying on top of my meds and I am actually just taking one pain pill at times. I am very excited to see what I look like under this garment.

No more pain meds!

Besides a little soreness I am doing pretty good today. I am walking to the bathroom without any assistance. YEA me!! I have decided to stop taking the meds at 5:30am this morning and at 1:12p I am not having any issues. All I keep saying to myself is one day at a time. I have my first post op visit today and I'm ready to see this new belly.

Post op day 3

Hi group! Just thought I would check in. I am on day 3 post op and doing pretty good. I feel totally normal until I need to get up from the recliner, walk, go to the restroom, cough or laugh!! I went to my PS yesterday and of coarse the drains are still in and I am very swollen. I am just taking one day at a time and not rushing my healing.

My sleeping area

I am still so sore from the lipo. How long will this last? Still moving around like an old woman. Very thankful that I rented a recliner for my recovery, I couldn't imagine getting in and out of my tall bed. Over all I am making some progress with walking more and a bit faster. I am still doing a liquid diet. My body has not picked up its apatite yet and that's fine with me!! I am loving the new shape I see that is transforming before me every day. I guess I will share this lil bit of info. because on all the post I read they do. I finally had a BM!!!!!! Took 5 days and one dose of MOM to get the pipes back to working.

New photo.

Making some progress.

I am the 7 dwarfs!!!

Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy and Sneezy!!! Who knew that I would be all of the 7 dwarfs wrapped into one person.

BASHFUL-because I have never been one to want to show my bodily flaws.
DOC-because I have had to deal with the drains, and surgical tape.
DOPEY- well we all know why!! The pain meds were awesome!!
GRUMPY-because of how my body looked. I was/ am tired of how my CG feels. Actually that has gotten better.
HAPPY- with my decision, with the progress I have made, with the thoughts of the future.
SLEEPY-because of the pain meds, sitting around, and just plain tired.
SNEEZY-seems like since my TT that's one of the main things I have been keeping at bay. There have been a few times I was about to sneeze and I stopped myself. I coughed once and don't ever want to do that anytime soon.

Drains are finally out!!

Ding dong the drains are gone, drains are gone , drains are gone! Ding dong the wicked drains are gone!! They hurt at first when my PS started to pull on them and then it just felt weird. I am so glad they are out I don't know what to do. Oh yea, sit here and do nothing like I have been for the past 11 days!!

What's new?!

I have not posted in a few days so here goes. Once the drains were out I had to wait 24 hours to take a shower and drive. Let me just tell ya. That first shower wiped me out! It was my first time with out the compression garment standing for more than a few minutes. So thankful we have a shower seat built into our shower. Washing and lotioning my stomach feels so weird.

Now to the driving. I felt like I was Driving Miss. Daisy!!! I drove slower than normal. Turned slower than normal. And I kept messing with my seat belt so that it would not be too tight. I have been feeling really well. However, my body told me when it was time to slow down. After 2 days of outings my back, where I had the lipo, was so sore. I have truly learned to listen to my body and take it easy. I was not a small girl when I starred and am still in swell hell, but could not be happier with my results.

Healing right along.

I am starting to feel normal again. However, when I sit for too long and then stand I am slow moving and a little sore. Does this happen to any of you post TTers? I have not returned to work and don't plan on it until September. I need to take more pics of me in the morning when I am at my flattest. Swell hell starts to kick in during the evening. Since my TT I have lost...................17lbs!!! not gunna tell you how much of that he took off my tummy!!! LOL i actually have the pic, but have not posted it yet. I love my new curves and so does my hubby. ;-)

does my husband! I have have not been cleared to workout yet, so I have been going for small walks around my neighborhood.

More pictures