Advice Needed! I Feel Horrible! - Houston, TX

Please Help me! I feel awful about my tattoo! HiI...

Please Help me! I feel awful about my tattoo! HiI I got a tattoo in December of 2012 and want to start getting it removed in June. I thought long and hard about getting it but I just turn out the way I wanted! I’m not worried about money or pain, I just want to know...Will it work? Or will I end up w/a nasty scar?

Also, I anyone could recommend great places in Houston?

Do you think I will ever really get rid of this thing??

Hi guys! I posted about my tattoo under a previous...

Hi guys! I posted about my tattoo under a previous post (Lost my password)!

So I went in for my first treatment a month ago. First off, everyone talks at length about the pain...I felt nothing, Honestly, you guys, nothing...The hardest part was taking care of the blisters afterward.

It has been a month since my treatment and it has gotten a lot lighter, and some of the shading is already gone, but the lettering in my tattoo is slightly bumpy. I sent a picture to my laser tech and he said my tattoo is still healing, and that this was just a part of the process.

What do y’all think? I think it’s scarring and i’m afraid it’s going to get worse...My tech was really confident in his ability to restore my skin, but I don’t think my wrist will ever look like it did before. I feel awful!!

Thanks for reading!! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!! Going in April for number 2
Sugar Land Laser Tattoo Removal

They’re super nice! I’ll update further down the road!!

aloha TX16, I agree with blackberry11 (whose at least five sessions know) and Barbiedoll90 (who has had two so far I think) that the swelling and bruising are normal. I think you just need to be patient with your removal. It is trauma to your skin and it takes time to heal. Keep with the antibiotic/bacitrin ointment and a super good moisturizer afterwards. I use coconut and kukui oil and there are some super rich moisturizers out there. You could look into mederma scar therapy. Just be patient and let your body heal, I'm sure it will. take care and keep us updated. aloha...k
Thank you so much! At this point, I’ve pretty much accepted the fact that my wrist will never look like it did before. As long as I can get to the point where this thing is light enough to cover with makeup. It just breaks my heart because I wanted it for so long and it means so much to me. I just hate that it came out so big! Thanks for reading and good luck to you all!
I wouldn't say your wrist won't look the same again, I have seen some amazing results with black ink removal. There is on on this site, he just updated after his 15th session  "Have lots of patience - California" Check out his before and after, you will be inspired. Take care!
My outlines puff up like that too and then they go down... I thought I was scarring too but it went down... So I think it's just your body recovering from the trauma
Don't worry, mine felt bumpy as well, and it went down. I was convinced it was scarring, but it didn't. I am on my 5th session, no signs of scars. Hang in there!
Thank you so much!! I hope you are right!! Good luck to you as well :)
Dr. Gallas is in Katy. I haven't had tattoo removal, but I've had 2 procedures with him and I have been very pleased!
They don't do tattoo removal in Dr Gallas' office.
Yes, they do. It may not be on their website, but I have been given a quote for it.
Wait...I was thinking about another office I had been to. You are right, they don't.
Near Houston you can go to Sugar land laser tattoo removal. There prices are very reasonable.
I understand your ink regret, I'm experiencing that also. The bandage came off and I immediately made an appointment for removal. Began the first session six weeks after the ink was applied. Had session number two two days ago, eight weeks from the first session. The clinic I go to will start doing the R20 technique (three sessions in one day spaced 30 minutes apart). Clinical trials have indicated that this technique fades ink very nicely and without scarring. The medical journal article can be found at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22036610 If you explore options in your area (large American city) I'm sure that you will find a good place. As for working...well everyone is different because of 1) the location on your body 2) the artist's technique and skill, amateur are easier to remove as they don't go deep 3) the ink used, there is no regulations for ink and so it's a crap shoot to say at best 4) after care, follow the advice of your practitioner. But I have seen first hand results from people in my community that have had excellent results. So it's possible.
The study that you are referring to only used 12 patients. People who want to use a conservative approach to their laser tattoo removal should stay away from the R20 technique.
There's also a Spanish study with over 300 participants and that is very promising.
No tattoo removal is 100% which is horrible to think about. I think I would be happy with mine if it was removed enough to put makeup on it. Scars can also happen but I have only noticed scarring in places I have picked at during the healing process. I also have very sensitive skin so i'm always itchy
You are wrong! Many tattoos are 100% removable with the technology today...

Can you expound on this a little more, shinerbock? What laser or technology are you specifically referring to? Also, I noticed you don't have a review posted. Have you had this done?

I have not had it done, but there are many before and after pics out there. My buddy is going through it right now...
It really depends on the ink depth and density, a tattoo placed with less ink and higher up in the skin has better chances then a tattoo placed deep with a lot of inks...

You want a laser with the right wavelength for the color to be removed and to be able to do it without any complications. Also the laser should have a high peak power as that is the marker for the best tattoo removal laser. Peak power is the combination of speed and power of the laser. The safest and best laser would be a 1064nm laser for black ink and 532nm laser for red ink. Stay away from ruby lasers and alexandrite lasers they have high complications such as Hypopigmentation and Hyperpigmentation. You don't want to removal a tattoo to leave behind a scar.

Do you know if the Aztenza Laser is a ruby laser? That is the one my place is using as well as the majority of places in Houston! Thanks for the advice :)
I believe it has two types of lasers, because when I go they use different frequencies for different colors. Mine is getting bumpy too and I think it's scarring, so now I'm doing laser pixel resurfacing to smooth out the scars before continuing with the laser tattoo removal.
I don't really go by google image search because as we know images can be modified. No tattoo removal is 100% yes some can be totally removed but not all is what I meant by that
The Trinity by Astanza is a ruby laser, the Duality also by Astanza is not a ruby laser..
Thanks for the info :)