Looking Forward to Great Results - Houston, TX

I had smart lipo yesterday on my abs, flanks, and...

I had smart lipo yesterday on my abs, flanks, and sacrum. I was worried about being put under general anesthia, though that was the easy part. So far,day 1 after surgery, I am very sore. My Doctor and his staff was great. I can shower today which will allow me to get a look. I will update in a few days with pics.

Britt,

I have read every post on the site. And I have found that there is no standard. I am 6 dyas out and I still very very sore. perhaps this is normal and I need to just ower through. I will post an update after my 1st post op tomorrow.

Hi Amineh,

Yes I do not believe there is an across the board standard as everybody's body will react differently. Feel better, and keep us updated.

-Britt

Hi Amineh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the post. Yes please do keep us updated and pictures would be great. See you round the community. :)

Thanks,

-Britt

I had Smart Lipo MPX (3 lasers whose intensity can...

I had Smart Lipo MPX (3 lasers whose intensity can be adjusted by the surgeon) on my upper & lower abdomen, love handles and sacrum (area just above the butt). I am exactly 1 month out.

I went in on a Tuesday under general anesthesia. My surgery was scheduled for 8:30 and I was back home by 1 or so. Altogether I had the maximum amount removed. I was off for the remainder of the week, but didn't physically return to work until the following Wednesday. I was pretty sore and moving slowly for the whole first week and a half after surgery. I think this may have been due to the amount removed and the fact that I have never had any surgery, etc. I needed help for that entire week as well.

Now.... I was able to see results immediately, even though I was really swollen initially and still am a bit. My stomach is finally flat after a lifetime of pudginess. Its not swim suit model flat but it is culturally acceptably flat for me. LOL I don not have lumps, bumps , anything. I am still wearing my garment night and day and have had to change the sizes twice since the surgery. It doesn't bother me as I was a chronic girdle/ spanx wearer before because I had to be.

I am very happy I went through with it. I have my second post op tomorrow. I took pics the day after surgery. I will take more soon and be sure to share them. i have tried to update my RealSelf profile but there is some glitch. I guess I'll try again

It is the 2 month mark! I am finally able to work...

It is the 2 month mark! I am finally able to work out at an effective level, etc. I am uploading pics

Thanks for the update, Amineh. Glad to hear you're getting back to normal.

The pics didn't come through... :( If you're having trouble with them, please drop me an email (click my name, then click the email icon) and I'll upload them for you.

Just sent pictures should eb available in a few days

just sent pictures should eb available in a few days

I am now 3 months out and the results are great....

I am now 3 months out and the results are great. For the first time ever there is definition between my stomach and my hips. I anticipate a bit more improvement as I move toward 6 months. My pictures show a little assymetry. But Dr. Schusterman assured me everything would even out. It actually has since the last meeting which produced the pictures I just posted. I am also dieting and exercicing to acheive maximum 6 month results. But if there a re no changes I am estatic about the results.
Getting a quote on a touch up to the abdomen and my arms. Schusterman is the best! More later!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S is a world class, double board certified surgeon. His operation is extremely efficient and professional. He did his absolute best for me and I can't wait to see the end results.