Looking Forward to Great Results - Houston, TX

I had smart lipo yesterday on my abs, flanks, and...

I had smart lipo yesterday on my abs, flanks, and sacrum. I was worried about being put under general anesthia, though that was the easy part. So far,day 1 after surgery, I am very sore. My Doctor and his staff was great. I can shower today which will allow me to get a look. I will update in a few days with pics.

I had Smart Lipo MPX (3 lasers whose intensity can...

I had Smart Lipo MPX (3 lasers whose intensity can be adjusted by the surgeon) on my upper & lower abdomen, love handles and sacrum (area just above the butt). I am exactly 1 month out.

I went in on a Tuesday under general anesthesia. My surgery was scheduled for 8:30 and I was back home by 1 or so. Altogether I had the maximum amount removed. I was off for the remainder of the week, but didn't physically return to work until the following Wednesday. I was pretty sore and moving slowly for the whole first week and a half after surgery. I think this may have been due to the amount removed and the fact that I have never had any surgery, etc. I needed help for that entire week as well.

Now.... I was able to see results immediately, even though I was really swollen initially and still am a bit. My stomach is finally flat after a lifetime of pudginess. Its not swim suit model flat but it is culturally acceptably flat for me. LOL I don not have lumps, bumps , anything. I am still wearing my garment night and day and have had to change the sizes twice since the surgery. It doesn't bother me as I was a chronic girdle/ spanx wearer before because I had to be.

I am very happy I went through with it. I have my second post op tomorrow. I took pics the day after surgery. I will take more soon and be sure to share them. i have tried to update my RealSelf profile but there is some glitch. I guess I'll try again

It is the 2 month mark! I am finally able to work...

It is the 2 month mark! I am finally able to work out at an effective level, etc. I am uploading pics

Just sent pictures should eb available in a few days

just sent pictures should eb available in a few days

I am now 3 months out and the results are great....

I am now 3 months out and the results are great. For the first time ever there is definition between my stomach and my hips. I anticipate a bit more improvement as I move toward 6 months. My pictures show a little assymetry. But Dr. Schusterman assured me everything would even out. It actually has since the last meeting which produced the pictures I just posted. I am also dieting and exercicing to acheive maximum 6 month results. But if there a re no changes I am estatic about the results.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S is a world class, double board certified surgeon. His operation is extremely efficient and professional. He did his absolute best for me and I can't wait to see the end results.

Getting a quote on a touch up to the abdomen and my arms. Schusterman is the best! More later!

Thanks for the update, Amineh. Glad to hear you're getting back to normal.

The pics didn't come through... :( If you're having trouble with them, please drop me an email (click my name, then click the email icon) and I'll upload them for you.

Britt,

I have read every post on the site. And I have found that there is no standard. I am 6 dyas out and I still very very sore. perhaps this is normal and I need to just ower through. I will post an update after my 1st post op tomorrow.

Hi Amineh,

Yes I do not believe there is an across the board standard as everybody's body will react differently. Feel better, and keep us updated.

-Britt

Hi Amineh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the post. Yes please do keep us updated and pictures would be great. See you round the community. :)

Thanks,