7 months Post Op. Feeling Amazing - Houston, TX

I had the sleeve procedure on Dec 10, 2012,...

I had the sleeve procedure on Dec 10, 2012, recovery was hard. I had this massive gas in my shoulder and back area for a week after surgery. I couldn’t drink anything because it made the pain worse, so, I ended up back in the hospital for a day for re-hydration and pain meds.

Overall I have lost 25 pds and feeling so much butter. I hit a plateau right now. I am going to start working out Monday. I have a very busy schedule work 2 jobs so I am very tired most times but I really need to work out.
I am feeling really blue; has anyone else felt like this?

Well, had my 12 week doctors visit yesterday....

Well, had my 12 week doctors visit yesterday. Blood work came back good. Current weight is 138.8... sooooooooooo happy I have dropped 3 dress sizes. I haven't taken any pictures but will update soon. My mood has gotten better. I have received a lot of compliments. :) Super Happy.

4 1/2 months down. My current weight today is 128....

4 1/2 months down. My current weight today is 128. Super happy. Hair is falling off it's massive. I am taking my vitamins and trying to eat as much protein as possible. I'm not complaining I have a lot of hair so it works for me.

I am 128 pounds today. I couldn't be happier. This...

I am 128 pounds today. I couldn't be happier. This is has been the best experience of my life. I wouldn't change it for the world. I am currently wearing a size 4. I was a size 14-16 4 months ago. So happy!!!!

I am losing a lot of hair but I have so much as it is that it doesn't bother me.

7 months post op :)

Well, it's been 7 months since my surgery feeling great I am 123 pounds. Doctor says everything looks good to not loose any more weight. I told him I wanted to loose 10 more PDs.

I'm so happy :)
Dr. Brian Mirza

Friend Referral

I was 197 lbs day of surgery. I am currently 7 months post op and down to 128. I doubt I will ever see 110 lbs, but I will continue to try.
I'm 110 PDS YAY!!!!! So happy. 1 year anniversary Dec 10, 2013.

Happy almost anniversary. Amazing and congrats. How has it been since the summer? Would you be willing to update your review?

OMG, all has been well. I'm so happy. I tried to update my review but it wont let me save it. I did post a new picture I took it last month. That's me at 110 pounds.
Thank you Alicia. I feel great! From what my doctor tell me is to increase my HEALTHY calorie intake to maintain. So I suppose it is all based on diet. I want to be at 110 that is what I was many moons ago and still looked healthy.

Wow! You look amazing. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. You look thin and healthy. Why 10 more? How do you actually stop losing at this point? Is it all diet?

Was the price you paid without insurance?
I feel your story was a Godsend. I was thinking of doing plastic surgery at my weight of 180lbs because I have failed since 2006 at losing and maintaining weightloss. I then thought this is it you will never be thin just cut it up or cut it off. I started having proems securing a date for plastic surgery. Then I decided just give up this is not meant to be your journey. I have not read of any one with a low bmi having gastric sleeve. Now I read your story and feel this is it. The answer. Get to my healthy weight . The do plastic surgery. Thais for the inspiration
fatfree43- how are you? Did you get your surgery?
Hi Cramirez, You look amazing! You must be so very pleased with the results. The hair loss worries me though, because I have so little to start with LOL. Please keep us updated with your results :)
Hi Camirezz22 I notice that the cost of the surgery was $3,500 was this the entire cost or your co pay as part of your insurance? Thanks.
MM2 - yes, it was.

I'm confused. Was the $3500 your co pay or was the $3500 the entire cost of the surgery?

Thanks for the update. Congratulations, you're doing great! You look awesome in your photo!

138pds 3 months post Op.

Hi Cramirez,

We'd love an update on how you're doing! I hope you're well!

Kirsty

Good work
can anyone give me some good ideas about pre-surgery
happy 2 months post op. :) Here are my stats: 12/10/12 surgery day weight 172 12/27/12 weight 154 01/24/13 weight 149 01/28/13 weight 144 01/11/13 weight 142
Hi cramire iam getting ready for surgery can you give me some good helpful tips please.
And I wanted to add that some depression or blues after the sleeve is somewhat common. As you lose weight, the fat cells release hormones and it can wreak havoc on your emotions for a while. It can feel like a whirlwind for a while but it should level back out. Try to concentrate on the positives when you are feeling down. Think about "wow, I am getting healthy!" or "wow, my clothes sizing is getting smaller!" or "I am making positive changes, this is just temporary emotions getting in my way!"
Thank you sweet dreams. I have noticed that the plateau does last a couple of weeks and then boom I've lost 4 Pds. Awesome feeling!!! I'm glad to hear the blues mode is only temporary:). Thank you for the feed back. Today's weigh in 142.
Don't freak out over stalls. I had several over the course of my weight loss and they always stopped and I started losing again. It happens to almost everyone so don't worry too much. They usually only last a couple of weeks. Usually you will lose inches when you aren't losing weight. You will drop sizes when you least expect it! You already look much slimmer in your photos!

Wow! 25lbs in 6 weeks. Aside from recovery, how are you feeling mentally and physically in your clothes? What motivated you to do the surgery?

Hello Alicia. I am feeling great but there are days that I feel so sad and lonely but then I look at myself and notice the weight loss and I get so giddy and happy! My old clothes are very loose and doesn't look very good but I make the best of it. I'm not ready to buy new clothes just yet. Luckily, I had some old cloth that were small on me way back when I was a bit thinner. What inspired me to have the surgery? well, I tried working out, dieting etc and nothing seem to work anymore. I have had friends that had the surgery and told me about it and there were so happy with their results. They would tell me we were in your shoes. So I didn't think twice and I would do it again. I love my self so much now and I plan to love my body forever. Cecilia