7 months Post Op. Feeling Amazing - Houston, TX

I had the sleeve procedure on Dec 10, 2012,...

I had the sleeve procedure on Dec 10, 2012, recovery was hard. I had this massive gas in my shoulder and back area for a week after surgery. I couldn’t drink anything because it made the pain worse, so, I ended up back in the hospital for a day for re-hydration and pain meds.

Overall I have lost 25 pds and feeling so much butter. I hit a plateau right now. I am going to start working out Monday. I have a very busy schedule work 2 jobs so I am very tired most times but I really need to work out.
I am feeling really blue; has anyone else felt like this?

Hi Cramirez,

We'd love an update on how you're doing! I hope you're well!

Kirsty

Good work
can anyone give me some good ideas about pre-surgery

Well, had my 12 week doctors visit yesterday....

Well, had my 12 week doctors visit yesterday. Blood work came back good. Current weight is 138.8... sooooooooooo happy I have dropped 3 dress sizes. I haven't taken any pictures but will update soon. My mood has gotten better. I have received a lot of compliments. :) Super Happy.

Hi Camirezz22 I notice that the cost of the surgery was $3,500 was this the entire cost or your co pay as part of your insurance? Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Congratulations, you're doing great! You look awesome in your photo!

138pds 3 months post Op.

4 1/2 months down. My current weight today is 128....

4 1/2 months down. My current weight today is 128. Super happy. Hair is falling off it's massive. I am taking my vitamins and trying to eat as much protein as possible. I'm not complaining I have a lot of hair so it works for me.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am 128 pounds today. I couldn't be happier. This...

I am 128 pounds today. I couldn't be happier. This is has been the best experience of my life. I wouldn't change it for the world. I am currently wearing a size 4. I was a size 14-16 4 months ago. So happy!!!!

I am losing a lot of hair but I have so much as it is that it doesn't bother me.

Was the price you paid without insurance?
I feel your story was a Godsend. I was thinking of doing plastic surgery at my weight of 180lbs because I have failed since 2006 at losing and maintaining weightloss. I then thought this is it you will never be thin just cut it up or cut it off. I started having proems securing a date for plastic surgery. Then I decided just give up this is not meant to be your journey. I have not read of any one with a low bmi having gastric sleeve. Now I read your story and feel this is it. The answer. Get to my healthy weight . The do plastic surgery. Thais for the inspiration
Hi Cramirez, You look amazing! You must be so very pleased with the results. The hair loss worries me though, because I have so little to start with LOL. Please keep us updated with your results :)

7 months post op :)

Well, it's been 7 months since my surgery feeling great I am 123 pounds. Doctor says everything looks good to not loose any more weight. I told him I wanted to loose 10 more PDs.

I'm so happy :)

you look great!
I was 197 lbs day of surgery. I am currently 7 months post op and down to 128. I doubt I will ever see 110 lbs, but I will continue to try.
I'm 110 PDS YAY!!!!! So happy. 1 year anniversary Dec 10, 2013.
Dr. Brian Mirza