Worth Every Penny - Houston, TX

I had a coupes consultations with different...

I had a coupes consultations with different doctors about helping improve my smile. After 2 rounds of failed Invisalign I was ready to take a more drastic approach. I negotiated trying lumineers vs veneers and it was after my consultation with Dr Frazar that I realized that I would only truly be happy with veneers. I wanted a natural look and she was able to do that with veneers and no tooth prep, which is really what scared me about veneers. She recommended doing 4 veneers on my front teeth and blending them with my other teeth. The process was simple and not scary. I was very paranoid about my teeth first but after a month of having them I no longer think about them and I love all the compliments I get from them! Best decision ever. I wish I would have done this years ago.
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Dr Frazar and her staff were incredible. So friendly and patient. I trust her with my life. She is details oriented and really cares about how you feel about your teeth and she lets you make the decisions which I like. I didn't feel like she was pressuring me to do what she wants. Her office is like a day spa and they really take care of you.

Your veneers look great... but so do your natural teeth. Why go through the cost and pain when you have natural teeth that look as good as yours?
No teeth prep, are you sure, it maybe lumineers..
Was it really $8k for 4 vaneers?
I love it
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Great dental work, beautiful
Dr Frazar IS awesome. Her training and experience are excellent. One point to clarify: you don't lose your teeth with veneers. If some prep is necessary, very little is removed (1/2 mm), so most of the tooth remains. Minimal or no prep veneers are more conservative, but they aren't always an option and they are not reversible (to get them off requires cutting them off, resulting in need to replace with other set of veneers). I know Dr Frazar and have no doubt that your smile looks amazing and will last a very long time.
I don't understand how there was no tooth prep.. Is that because the teeth were healthy? Do you know what this procedure was called? I'm looking to have my top 6 done,.. Also curious about the cost of you 4? I'm so nervous and to me honest sick to my stomach thinking about the procedure and losing my real teeth,. But something will have to be done soon;( thank you for your time,..!!
I also had minimal tooth prep - they weren't crooked (I had braces as a kid)...but over the years they got chipped and dull and the lateral length was out of balance. Initially I got the top 6 done. A week later, I decided to get the 4th tooth on each side done as well. When I smiled, it looked like dark teeth and made the other 6 look fake. Once I got the other two, they were perfect!!!! You don't loose your teeth, it doesn't hurt and it just takes about a week to get used to how they feel with your speech. Best thing I ever did. Looking 15 years younger and feel so confident when I smile. Use the 0% interest dental payment plan if its available. They are expensive (8K) but I paid them off pretty quickly. If you can swing it, I highly recommend it! No fear!!!

If there is no prep, your teeth will end up thicker than they were before.  In some cases, the teeth are already small and people want them bigger in some dimension--longer or wider.  The good thing about no-prep is that, even though the teeth end up thicker, they don't have to damage your natural tooth.  For people with big teeth or teeth that protrude toward the lips, this isn't a very good option.  Your doctor will tell you if you are a good candidate :).  Eapyt3 listed her cost as $8000 for her four.

Is there a payment plan where you can pay monthly or do you have to pay it all up front
Aj_, this varies depending on your provider.  There are different types of payment options available, depending on your job and insurance and your doctor.  Like there are flexible spending accounts through some people's jobs, or loans that you can get for dental work.  Your doctor (or their secretary) would be the best person to ask this.

Thank you so much for reviewing your doctor here.  I wonder, if you could clarify a little bit what it was that you disliked about your teeth before the veneers?  They look fantastic on the before pic, but I know sometimes it's hard to see on pictures.  It looks like your left upper incisor is slightly shorter than your right?  But that's all I can see.  Thanks!

Thanks for inquiring. I did have a longer upper incisiot but the main complaint was my lateral incisor was rotated and after 2 rounds of Invisalign my tooth just wouldn't rotate. Well worth it to get it fixed finally once and for all.

Thanks!  I'm impressed that it could be fixed without filing. :)

As was I. I was terrified of having my teeth filed but she was awesome!