almost 3 months post op! so worth it ladies!!- Houston, TX

I am still struggling with the decision...right...

I am still struggling with the decision...right now I'm scheduled to get a mini-tt, breast augmentation...and lift only my lower nipple, lipo on mid abdomen and flanks as well as thighs. I am worried that the mini might not be enough...and I'm wondering if I should have both nipples lifted. How to decide?!!! Has anybody had experience with mini tt?

My pre-op appointment is tomorrow with dr. Basu. I...

My pre-op appointment is tomorrow with dr. Basu. I have decided to go with the full tummy tuck. I am nervous about what to expect at the preop tmrw. I want to make sure i ask all the right questions and make sure he knows whats most important to ne. I want my scar to be low and i dont want my implants to be too big. Im already a 36d...im just getting implants to fill upperpoles that are deflated from pregnancy and breastfeeding. Any suggestions or comments? Ive been following all the recent surgeries...and now its almost my turn.

I could barely sleep last night, thinking that in...

I could barely sleep last night, thinking that in a week I will be on my way to the operating room. I had my preop last week, and they gave me lots of information; however, I still don't feel prepared for what's to come. They gave me my prescriptions, so I need to fill those. I still have Christmas shopping to do for my son's. I'm starting to feel guilty that I will be out of commission for Christmas, since my surgery is on the 21st. I have an adjustable bed, so I don't need to worry about a recliner. What else do I need? What other supplies should I get? To all you ladies who have been through it, what have you used the most after surgery? I am not one to stock up for a month or cook in advance. My mom and husband will be very helpful with that, luckily! Any suggestions to calm me down will be appreciated!!!

I am on my third day post op. I am feeling a...

I am on my third day post op. I am feeling a little better today. I am thinking about taking off my compression garment and braving the shower....but honestly....I'm pretty scared. When was the first time you took off your compression garment? And how hard is it to get back on? The worst part for me so far has been getting in and out of bed. Uggghhh it hurts! I've been keeping up with my pain meds, but there still is pain! Mainly in my lower back and upper abs. The pain in my chest, from implants, is starting to subside. Anyway, headed back to bed after breakfast.

How long did it take everyone to start walking...

How long did it take everyone to start walking upright? I am 6 days post op and getting around just fine with minimal pain; however, I can't seem to walk upright yet, which kills my lower back! Its so annoying to look like a hunchback! I want to try to walk straighter but it feels so tight where the doc did muscle repair at the top of my abs near my sternum. It feels like if I stand up, it will rip! Anyone know what I'm talking about? I got one drain out yesterday, which was awesome. The other one comes out on New Year's Eve. Yes!! The drains are irritating where they go into your body. I haven't posted any pictures yet because I feel like you can't really see much with me all hunched over. So far my boobs look ginormous and I have a FUPA from the swelling. But other than that, things look good.

I am post op day 9 now. Pics were taken on day 7....

I am post op day 9 now. Pics were taken on day 7. Still lots of swelling, and not able to stand all the way up. Right now I feel like my boobs are huge. I hope they don't stay quite this big. I think my belly and bellybutton will look great when all the swelling subsides. Lipo on my outer thighs didn't seem like it made much difference, but maybe that's just because of swelling. The pain is definitely manageable at this point. Just got home from a trip to the park with the hubby, kiddos, and dogs. Did a little walking....but it hurts my back since I am still all "hunchbacked." I am hoping my scar gets a little bit lower once the swelling goes down in the "FUPA" area. Second drain out tomorrow. Yes! I hate it!

How is everyone else doing?

I've noticed some ladies getting openings on their...

I've noticed some ladies getting openings on their incisions. What does your doctor tell you to do about it? Mine is just tiny, on my side..but of course it worries me a little.

I have been working out like a mad lady since 6...

I have been working out like a mad lady since 6 weeks post op. Scale isnt showing too much difference, but i can see my body changing. I am starting to see ab definition which is so exciting! This week my lower abs are sore from ab work. But so far so good! My belly button scar is aggravating because it is so prominent. I have been so excited to wear a bikini on our trip to the dominican in two months, but i am worried about the weird bb scar. I can cover up the big scar with bathing suit, but not bb scar!!! Still getting lower ab swelling at night, but its not too bad. I am loving everything about my surgery!!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

HOw tall are you and what size implants did you get? Saline or silicone. Looks good thanks
I had openings on my boobs and Tt at @ 2.5 weeks. My guess is it would be spitting stitches. But I would check with your ps
I'd call Dr B's office and ask. I'm not sure spitting stitches start this early. I know you're only 2 weeks or so post op? I'd call just in case. They get calls for this ALL THE TIME so don't worry about bothering them. I had a lot of spitting stitches. Basically, you need to remove the cuplrit (I did most myself with tweezers) and then cover with gauze and let heal depending in how big the hole. Sometimes you need wet gauze/ointment. Last one I had Dr. B's nurse did silver nitrate to help it heal faster and it did. Hope that helps.
I had my mm on the 20th and I am still walking hunched over and have a lot of lower back pain. It gets a little better each day... Good luck with your recovery!
I think it's different for everyone. I walked some what upright at 2 weeks but it hurt.  @ 3-4 weeks I could walk upright:-)
I am 2 weeks po and still not fully straight and limp a little take your time it's not good to try to stand up straight right away. My doctor told me day 10 to try little by little.
I took a shower on my 3rd day postop, primarily for wanting to wash my hair, but by the time I washed my body I was DONE! Needed to go lay down & barely made it after putting the CGs back on and getting dressed. You should have someone with you the first couple times you shower and I don't think you could put on your CG by yourself. I put a chair in the shower, which was helpful. I've been keeping up with my meds too, too scared to even attempt to back off a little! I'm on day 4 postop. My back has been hurting too, but I think its from being hunched over, because mine hurts the worst when walking around. Glad your chest is feeling better, mine hasn't hurt at all; i just got a reduction/lift, no implants. Warning.....DONT LAUGH!!! My hubby & daughter made me laugh today and that was the WORST pain yet!!!
I had surgery Thursday 12/20 and the first time my garment was off was that evening to change my gauze/dressing (that was in the hospital by the nurse). I have to take mine off once a day to change it though, so my husband I did it Friday night and again last night. It felt pretty weird when it comes off. I had him do it slowly, undoing just the top of the velcro a little first, letting me adjust, then doing more. He changes my gauze then we put it back on, which is pretty tough. No way I could do it alone right now. The doctor showed us how to do it to get it tight. I'm laying/reclining when he does it, I hold the inner side in place, he stands to one side and pulls the other end up and out as far as he can to get a "running start" as my doctor said, then wraps it around. My dr drew a line on mine so we know how tight we are supposed to get it. I'm going to brave a shower tonight as well. And yes, getting up and down is the worse part. The nurses showed me how to "roll" up, but I couldn't quite get the technique at first, but now I think I have it down and its going a lot better. Good luck with your shower and happy healing!
Make sure someone is there with yyou when you take off ur CG and when you put it back on. you will feel a little light headed and mite feel like throwing up. good luck
My hubby help me get my CG back on. I don't know how to explain the feel of having ur CG..... Like your tummy muscles are unstable. As annoying as a CG can be I could not wait to get it back on. My back felt worse when ever I took it off. Good luck witg the shower:-)
Woohoo 1 week! The things that I need most in the 1st 2 weeks of surgery were a toilet seat riser- if you are getting a muscle repair, a walker, tums, a stool softener, baby wipes and it antibacterial wipes, tons of pillow- I liked having them on either side of me,and someone to help you alot!!!!
Hello jjcowgirl07, Good luck with you TT. I am tagging all my surgery date buddy so I can track healing. I go under the knife on 21st as well
buddies*
Thanks HTownMom! I don't know why I'm so nervous for a pre-op appointment...I guess its just getting real now. I just want to make sure everything comes out how I want it! How are you doing since surgery?
Doing better. Still have some swelling at night but depends on what I ate that day and how much water I drank. It's totally understandable to be nervous. You just want the best results and you don't know what to expect. Dr. B is good. Just bring low panties. My scar wasn't as low as I would have liked but it's pretty low. I am not wearing string bikinis anymore so no worries. Good luck!
Make sure to bring panties or swim bottom that shows Dr. B how low you want to go.
Yeah I am in the boat of getting a full TT bc it gives way better results and the tightness that we love. I think with the augmentation and the nipple lift you should be fine. Every thing else seems on the up and up but the TT.

Welcome to RealSelf! Here's what some doctors have to say about a full versus a mini TT. Usually a mini just addresses the skin and fat from the belly button down. Please let us know what you decide to do. And you can always post your photo in the Doctor Q&A community and see if you can get some feedback there.

Have you seen a board certified PS yet? How many kids have you had? When I initially went in to see mine, I asked about a mini b/c my tummy didn't seem that big to me compared to others I've seen. You can see my pics on my review. Anyway, my PS said I def. need a full and he would never recommend a mini for someone with 3 kids, which I have. The scar is not that much smaller with a mini. I think you'd get better results witha full. But you could ask the drs here on this forum and attach pics. Best of luck deciding.
Jj
I would suggest looking at before and after pic of a mini TT and those of a full TT to compare. I know a mini TT does not get the ab area as tight and flat as a full. Also read the comments of those who had a mini and see if they are satisfied or wished they had done a full TT. Just a suggestion but that is where I would start.... Good Luck