Lipo of the Neck and Fat Grafting Under Eyes - Houston, TX

Dr. Mentz is a wonderful doctor, excellent bedside...

Dr. Mentz is a wonderful doctor, excellent bedside manner, the professionalism and attention to detail are fabulous. After the surgery they sent a nurse to check on me at my home.

This has been really life changing, my confidence and self-image have been greatly increased. I cannot be more pleased!

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Several friends have had work done with Dr. Mentz, he was highly reccomended.

Wow! I just saw this. You do look great!
I know this is an older post.. but hopefully you can calm my nerves alittle!! Well, anyone who see's this! I had fat grafting done to my lower eye area... 5 weeks ago, although the swelling has gone done ALOT, I still have bruises under my eyes! Its actually starting to look like black circles! Can you remember during your 5 week mark? Where you still pretty bruised?? I really hope this is normal! :/ (( I agree you look great, your Dr. did a wonderful job!))
At the 5 week mark, I was still swollen- but the bruising was mostly gone. If you look at my second picture, that was at the 4th week. the bruise was about the side of a dime. If you had circles under your eyes before you had the procedure- you will continue to have them even with the fat grafting. (that is what my dr. told me)
Hi! how is the fat grafting result? Was your face swollen after the fat grafting? How was your neck after the lipo? Did it bruise or swollen? I am going to have the same prosedures soon and very nervous about it. Thanks for sharing.
The lipo was great, no bruising- no pain, I wore my neck strap as indicated. literally It was amazing- I looked amazing 2 hours post op! The fat grafting under my eyes caused severe swelling and bruising. It was uncomfortable, at one point my eyes were swollen shut. the doctors office prescribed a steroid to reduce the swelling. I thought that I would be able to go to work the next day- and there was just no way. I ended up missing 3 days of work. So estimate a total of 5 days down time. Also there is a make up that is really good- it covered the bruises under my eyes completely it is called Dermablend. They sell it at Dillards. It is for people post-op/ covering tattoos, etc.. very heavy medical coverage. That might help!
Thank you Rebecca, you look great. How old are you, the neck lipo result is amazing!

Thanks for sharing your story, Rebecca. I've never heard of getting fat grafting under the neck. What was this for?

It was under my eyes- sorry I had a typo on my headliner.

Ah ha, that makes more sense! I was a little confused. ;o)