Lip Augmentation - Houston, TX

I had a lip augmentation about a year & half ago...

I had a lip augmentation about a year & half ago with Michael Siegel, using filler juvederm. I've had this procedure before with a different doctor, but had recently moved back to my home city Houston, needing a new local doctor. I tried to book an appointment with one doctor, but unfortunately they were booked. So that practice referred me to Dr. Siegel, since he was located in the same building. They had talked highly of him, so I thought to give it a shot. He was quiet, but nice & respectful. I told him I wanted my lips a little fuller, and he quickly started the process without asking me exactly what I had I mind. Unfortunately, by the time he was done, my top lip looked extremely overfilled. I asked him why it looked this way, and he simply said it would come down. I also asked why did you not put any in my bottom lip. He said it wasn't needed. Anyway, I gave it a good long week to come down, but my results were horrible. My upper lip was overfilled, while my bottom looked very small compared. So I made a second appointment to correct the issue. When I went back with my boyfriend, we both told him the matter. He looked at me and said I was fine! Even my boyfriend said it didn't look right, PLUS every time I went out to the grocery store or restaurants, people would stare and start talking about it. It was one of the most disturbing experiences I've ever had. So I ended up going to a different doctor to have the whole thing removed. Thank my guardian angel because I was so scared! If you must get a lip augmentation please be careful on who preforms it ladies! It could change your life for the better, or the worst! Good luck!
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was nice, but did not care for giving a reasonable lip augmention. Like I said he brought down my self esteem, expecially when I went to public places. Had to go to a different doctor to have juvederm in my lips removed. Please be careful!

Thank you for your comments, we take all feedback seriously as it guides me in providing the best possible care to my patients. I am sorry that we were not able to achieve your desired look. My goal is to fulfill my patients' aesthetic goals to complete satisfaction. Although 100% satisfaction can not be achieved, the overwhelming majority of my patients end up with the results that they were looking for. I am generally able to deliver the desired results because I focus on defining the expectations of my patients during their consultation visit. Treatments provided are the combination of what patient's aesthetic goals are, as well as how much input they want from me, personally. No procedure is performed at my practice without the patient first demonstrating that they understand 1) what the procedure entails (process-wise), 2) the risks, benefits and options associated with the procedure, and 3) the requirements of any necessary follow-up care. This is why I find this review perplexing - it reads like you did not know what to expect, and it was posted one and a half year after treatment. Although your story does not match anyone we can find in our records, I am certainly sorry that the outcome that you were hoping for was not what you expected. Lastly, if you would like to discuss your experience at my practice further, I invite you to contact my office - my door is always open. Regardless, I wish you the best.
A great place I've had my lips done/fixed is Dr. Roth, in the Galleria of Houston. I definitely was, NOT satisfied with the results Dr. Siegel gave me. Sorry for the review, but this doctor personally affected my life. Lip augmentation is definitely a hit or miss. You have to be careful to to get them over filled, or else it looks un-natural. My results were very un-natural. Anyway, just be careful who you choose if your considering this procedure! Peace!
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! What did you have injected into your lips to augment them?
Your welcome, I had one syringe ofjuvederm as the filler.