Excited, Scared, Happy, Waiting to See a Brand New Me - Houston TX

Scheduled for Gastric Bypass in 5days woo hoo lol,...

Scheduled for Gastric Bypass in 5days woo hoo lol, 250 5ft3, after 5 kids and 2 years of trying to lose weight from carrying twins. I tried every diet and diet pill you could imagine. I worked out and ate right, the weight would come off and come right back double, this was my last resort, seeking advice, friends that has also had it and support....xoxo

Surgery went great. I was up and walking 3 hours...

Surgery went great. I was up and walking 3 hours after my surgery.My one week follow up was Friday and i'm down 13lbs:=) Very excited! I was off pain meds by day 3 and driving by day 5. I was told getting up and walking is very important for faster healing. So far the gas pain was horrible. I took pepcid, walked around the house and burped alot and it helped the gas to release.I plan to get on my eliptical today and go pretty slow to start off my working out process:=)

15 months later.....

Hi everyone, it's been over a year since my surgery, I must say i'm very happy! I started out at 270, today i'm a healthy 145. I work out 4 times a day and eat right. I didn't get much hanging skin, but I definitely need a tummy tuck and breast lift! :)
Dr. Said Bina

I found my surgeon on Healthgrades.com He is absolutely awesome.

Hi, I was wondering which insurance you had. Most do not cover this type of procedure and I would like to get this after the New Year. You look great and thanks for sharing your pics and information.
You look fabulous.. I'm 270 :) I'm so excited as my surgery is in 7 days.. Hope to look like you, I carry in my hips butt n thighs.
Thanks so much hearts 1980, how did your surgery go? It will be hard at first, then you will see how easy it gets! Good luck hunny! Those curves will look Dangerous! Lol
Sorry, my crazy phone, I'm up walking already! The walking helps with the gas pain, the pain meds are life savers, I'll keep you posted:=)

Hi there, I'm so glad your surgery went well, I hope you're feeling better and everything's going well for you. Looking forward to reading your updates!

Well ladies, so far so good:=) my surgery went great and I'm up walking alreafy
Thanks Sharon and Kristy, I'll keep you updated:=)

Oh my, you've been through a lot to get to this point! Good luck on Friday. I'll be sending happy thoughts your way. :)

Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure everything will go well for you! Take it easy and please do let us know how you're doing after your surgery.

My surgery is Friday, can't wait:)
Hi Kirsty, It has been crazy! At the last minute my surgeon decided he wanted to do the sleeve instead of the bypass, the sleeve isnt covered by my insurance unless my bmi is 50, mine is 44. He did this the day before surgery! I was upset and humiliated to say the least. Well I have a new surgeon and he is absolutely wonderful! He says I'm perfect for the bypass, 5 ft 2 250! It's scheduled for Aug 17, I have my fingers crossed and thanks for checking on me:)

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, that must have been difficult to say the least! I'm glad you're all set up with someone new though. Well, 1 week to go and hopefully you'll have your procedure done and over with. Please do keep us updated with how you're doing!

Hey Abuvave,

How did your surgery go? I hope you're doing well, would love to have an update on your progress!

Hi Abuvave,

Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. Wow, not long at all until your surgery, I hope everything goes well for you.

It's not an easy journey and it's not a "quick fix" but as long as your prepared for the changes that you have to make I am sure you'll do great. Post-op you really need to make sure you get enough water and protein (most people use protein shakes).

We do have some pre- and post-op WLS guides, that you may find useful. You can find them on this page: http://www.realself.com/weight-loss-surgery/info

Good luck with your surgery and please do come back to update your review and let us know how everything went!

Kirsty