Difficult Decision - Houston, TX

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be one of "those" people that would ever have a Facelift. But, after years of not wearing sunscreen and smoking for over 20 years, my face was showing serious signs of abuse. My mind was made up when a very special lady in her late seventies at church said one of her regrets was not having a facelift 15 years ago. Since I had just turned 65 I decided now was the time to either have the facelift or cover the mirrors in my house.

I went to 4 or 5 plastic surgeons in the area and decided on Dr. Gill. He didn't say he would make me look like my granddaughter but he did tell me he thought I would be happy with the results. I had an upper eye lift, full face lift and neck lift. He explained the procedures to me and why he would do specific procedures. His office staff was second to none.

The procedures I had done by Dr. Gill required an overnight stay. I am so glad I had the nurses to help me get through the night to administer the pain medication and keep ice packs on my eyes through the night. The next morning Dr. Gill changed the bandages and removed the two drain tubes and I went home early afternoon. I forgot to mention the surgery was around 4 1/2 hours.

The pain was manageable with medication after the first 24 hours. The swelling started to subside after 72 hours. Bruising was never very bad. I did have sores in my mouth and throat which is very typical for me when I take large dosages of antibiotics. I slept with my head elevated and wore a compression for 3 weeks.

You look great!
Thank you.
You look so great!! I bet you are thrilled! I was wondering what your thoughts on the chemical peel were? Would you do that part again?

5 week photo

Awesome, Im so happy for you! You look fantastic!
Wow beautiful results...good for you! Things only get better with time...

Wow! Amazing results. Any lasting discomfort at this stage?

Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf.

5 week post op check-up

Went in to see PS today and everything is looking good. I am to begin massaging scars 3 times a day. This is to help the scars flatten out and diminish in size. Still loving my new face.

Can't believe how great u looked even after one week. Wonderful. Very helpful comments for me.
Thank you! I feel great!
Awesome granny. You look about 35! The guys are going to be hitting on you. Are you ready for that?

Haircut

Finally got in to get a much needed haircut.

Dear Awesome Granny, I'm considering a similar procedure with Dr. Gil. I'm very nervous about. Just reading & seeing your post has me feel a little better. I hope my results look as good as yours.
You look absolutely fantastic and happy. I turned the 68 yr old corner and think it is time to do something, Botox and fillers can only do so much and can't help those horrid "jowls" I over exaggerate but I think I look like a bulldog. Did you take Arnica pre and post operation? Also, my concern is that I live alone and don't have anyone to assist me also have pets to consider. My pets can be taken care by a sitter but do you feel that a person can handle the recovery on their own? I know the surgeon I will be using does have a connection with close by hotels for recovery that first night - opinions? You must be extremely happy with your recovery and the results.
Awesome Granny, your results are truly awesome! The doctor took 20 years off of you! It's remarkable how little bruising you had.
Houston Plastic Surgeon