On my Way to Feeling Like a Woman Instead of a 12 Year Old! - Houston, TX

Welp Hello! I don't really know how to start this...

Welp Hello! I don't really know how to start this off so I'll just jump on into it. I'm 19 years old, 5'9" and 145 lbs with a bra size of 36 A.. barely. I have the problem where my bra sticks out farther than my boobs do so you can see the bra more than my boobs. Pretty embarassing. I've thought about getting a breast augmentation ever since I knew what it was my freshman year in high school. Then it was only because I was tired of all of my peers making fun of me and my flat chest but now it's graduated to something more, I want to feel like a woman and not a 12 year old. It's about how I feel about myself, not what other people say, however to this day (I'm a sophomore in college) people still make comments about how little my boobs are. I've researched and researched and I know this is what I want. Am I nervous? Of course! But am I excited? Absolutely! My mom had her first breast augmentation when she was 22 and was so happy she did it so she's guiding me along this process and is my main supporter. Of course she would rather me be comfortable in my own body without the surgery, but she understands that's a difficult thing to do. My boyfriend is also supportive but is worried something will happen during the surgery or after but he knows it's want I want. Event though he said he loves mine just the way the are, he wouldn't mind seeing bigger boobs either ;)

I've had surgery before so I know the anesthesia won't have too bad of an effect on me, but I'm really worried about the pain. I'm a sissy and don't handle pain very well. Thank God I'm doing it over Christmas break though so I will have a month off from school to recoup. My mom, grandma, and boyfriend will rotate taking care of me so I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to that.

He recommended I get the silicon gummy bear implants, dual plane technique, inframammery incison which is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. I originally wanted saline but I just don't think they fee or lookl as natural and the risk of rippling would drive me crazy. I am nervous about the silicon implants though in case of rupture, but the new gummy bear ones are supposed to stay pretty much to form in the rare case they do. I don't want all of those toxins leaking inside my body!! In terms of size, I want very natural looking full C, lower end of D. I'm taller than 90 percent of girls and am kind of broad shouldered so I know my body will look good with that size. Dr. Basu agreed and that's the size he recommended as well. I just scheduled my surgery yesterday for December 19th and I already know that feels like a million days away! The time won't pass fast enough. I'm excited to be able to wear cute shirts and tank tops that fit! Now I'm counting down to my pre-op then surgery!! Ahhh :))

FYI. The reason I'm having the surgery so young is why wait?! They won't get any bigger and I'm not getting any younger so bring on a full chest!! :)

So I went to my Pre-Op appointment today!! Ahh :)...

So I went to my Pre-Op appointment today!! Ahh :) This means my surgery date is getting so close! As always, I had a great experience at Dr. Basu's office. His nurse is amazing and sat and talked with me for over 2 hours about what to expect before, during, and after surgery. She told of her personal augmentation and really calmed my nerves about the process. I will be arriving on Wednesday at 2 for surgery at 3 and they will begin IV antibiotics then I will go in for surgery (1 hour) and I'll recover for 1-2 hours then be free to go home! They gave me a prescription for Vicodin and Phenergan for nausea so I'm going to go get those filled pretty soon. They also gave me my after surgery bra to keep swelling down and she said I'll be in that for about 3 weeks. We decided on size (most exciting part) and I went with 450cc because of how tall and broad shouldered I am... I'm looking forward to surgery so much I'm not going to be able to concentrate on finals!! Ahh :)

So I'm getting really nervous for my surgery.. I...

So I'm getting really nervous for my surgery.. I had a really scary thought a couple of days ago: What if I get stretch marks?! How common is this?? EEk :(

Well I had my surgery this afternoon! It was...

Well I had my surgery this afternoon! It was scheduled for 3 so I arrived at 2 and they got me right in and got the ball rolling. My nurse was very nice and I changed and she got my IV in to start fluids and shortly after my antibiotics. The anesthesiologist came in and talked to me then Dr. Basu came in and marked me. I told him I wanted to go with 425cc because I would rather be smaller than bigger. He said this would give me a full C. Right after marking me, I went into the OR and the next thing I know I'm in recovery! I barely remember leaving or the ride home. I got home and slept after take my nausea medicine. I woke up and ate some soup and took my Vicodin because the pain and pulling was getting pretty intense. I am pretty upset though because he made me a D. He told my mom post op that the gap between my breasts was too large since my shoulders are so broad and I'm tall. She's pretty upset as well. I don't think they look bad but I sure do hope the swelling goes down. I can't believe he made me so big, I really just don't know what to think about it. I will upload pics soon

Well I had my surgery this afternoon! It was...

Houston Plastic Surgeon

I found out about him from Real Self :) I already have the Dr, Dr. Basu in Houston Medical District. He was the second consult I went to and I just felt really comfortable. He's part of the FDA Medical Board and Safety Board and has been in Times magazine and voted Houston's Best Doctor twice so he comes with pretty good recommendations.

Would love to hear how things are for you now! I am getting 425cc mod plus at the end of this month and my stats are similar...somewhat. I hope you are feeling better about the size?
Hope you are doing well!
Similar before stats as you with height/weight and I got 425cc silicone. At times I think they're a little large, but think after they settle they'll be perfect. I am loving them though! I hope you have a speedy recovery!
"Capsular Contracture" this is the body rejection lingo I was speaking about. This happens 1 out of 3 women after 3 years of the implant.
Hi Girls...if you were to have leakage from the silicone it stays within itself. Either way be very sure this is something you want. Do plenty of research including those who explant. This completely changed my mind on the horror stories. Within 3 years the chances of either man made item will either rupture or your body will reject. I'm not saying not to do the surgery. Just be sure you are ready for the implications that may come up down the road. Research.....
Are surgeries are coming up :). Maybe ask your dr if you can use cocoa butter lotion on the new girls to prevent stretch marks. I used that on my belly during all three pregnancies and didn't get one.
Angiemcc: My doctor is on the board of medicine for the FDA and you don't have to be 22 it's their recommendation. You sign a waiver and you are able to get the silicon implants at any age. Sunny81: why'd you decide to get the saline implants? I've been trying to decide if silicon is the right thing to do. I'm nervous about rupture and the risk of disease and infection after but I don't want the possible rippling effect from saline. What's your opinion? Good luck with your surgery btw!! Keep me posted :)) Leeanem: yay!! We are pretty much the same on everything!! Yes I'm in college and I'm tired of looking like a freshman in high school while everyone else looks so womanly!! Good luck with your surgery and let me know how everything goes!! Thanks for everyone's comments!! It's nice to have support.
The risk of rupture and not knowing scares me. There is also increased cost I was told with saline and mammograms you have to get afterwards to look for leaks. I think, not quite sure on that one. I just wanted to be sure if there was a leak I was safer and I knew for sure less the risk of disease or infection. Rippling is a chance. Looks like we are about the same in sizes and such. Your surgery is day before mine. You decide on CCs yet? I'm doing 350. Keep me posted and stay in touch.
I meant mammograms with silicone implants... Oops
Hello!!! I'm 23 and I'm getting implants the same day you are. Thought we could swap stories and keep in touch! I'm 5'5" 130 lbs, barely a 34 A and I am looking at getting 300 filled to 325. I would like to be a C. I go in for my pre-op Dec. 6th and I'll try on sizers to make sure that's what I want. I have been under anesthesia before as did well except they had some trouble waking me....not sure why. I don't remember it though. I'm guessing you're in college? I totally wish I would have had this procedure earlier...so I could enjoy them in college, but it wasn't financially feasible. So happy I found someone who's going through this the same time as I am :)
It seems we are close in size and going for about the same size. I am 5'8'' and 135 pounds. Surgery date is 12/20. I'm getting 350cc moderate profile saline implants. Just counting down the days now :).

Thank you so much for starting your story on RealSelf! I totally thought you had to be 22 to get silicone implants, but maybe the gummy bears are different?

It sounds like you've really thought about this and done your research. It's great that your mom is so supportive!

You might want to check out this list of what to set up and buy for your recovery.

Toots12:
Thank you for your comment and the encouraging words! I'm about to go read your story lol
Hey.. your story sounds alot like mine.. lol... my bra would fit the exact same way. i am 14 days post op today and i am still sore and swollen. I am a complete baby when it comes to pain and i worry about everything. i drive my co-worker crazy with all my complaints because i think everything is going wrong. you will be fine and it will get here quicker than you think.....