Explant and Lift - Houston, TX

In 2008 I was somewhere around a 36 C, but very...

In 2008 I was somewhere around a 36 C, but very unhappy with the way I was already sagging at 28. I'm 5'2" and weighed about 120 lbs when I went to a doctor for a lift. He convinced me that implants would provide the results I was looking for without the scars. Unfortunately I listened and now , 5 years later, I'm so tired of having a chest much too large for my frame. My back always hurts and I can never find clothes that fit. Physical activity is very uncomfortable so I now weigh 150. My plan is to get these things out and have my boobs lifted like I originally wanted. I'm currently buying 36 DD and hope to go as small as possible. Consultations start next week! Photos will follow.

Had my consultation with Dr. Horndeski yesterday....

Had my consultation with Dr. Horndeski yesterday. I'm bummed about the cost. I had no idea it would be so expensive! I guess it makes sense as more work goes into lifting than stuffing a balloon in. I've decided to go with his suggestion of deflating the implants and wearing a sports bra for a while. This way my skin can tighten and I'll have a better idea of my current size. Then, when I'm ready for the surgery I'll know if I still want to go smaller, as I really wanted to be a small C. My plan is to go in Monday for the "deflation". I didn't even know this was possible before Dr. H! I will say I was impressed by how much time he spent with me and his willingness to share pictures and details regarding his procedure was much more informative than what I've experienced with other doctors. I also found a picture of my chest before I ever had the implants, so once I start posting pictures I'll put that one up too. From what I understand, I should be able to go months without removing the implants after he deflates them so I'm thinking of planning my lift around Christmas so I'll have some more time off of work.

I'm a wuss.

Okay, so I was supposed to go in Monday to have the implants "popped", but I chickened out. I can't say if it was more out of fear (pain) or being afraid to make that final "commitment" to the surgery. (once they've been deflated, you have to remove them eventually). Since I'm using precious student loan money to pay for it, I'm finding it so difficult to make up my mind. I'll never stop wanting it, and $10,000 will never just magically be available to me, so I need to just suck it up and do it. *sigh*

I'm going to try again Monday. Again, I probably won't be able to get the lift until December. I start school in August and the student loan money won't be available early enough to get it done this summer like I wanted. MAN I hope doctors stop telling girls to get implants instead of lifts!!! $%&@

Had them popped!

Finally worked up the nerve to let Dr. Horndeski deflate my implants this past Monday. So far you really can't tell a difference. I can, but the pictures don't show what I see. Since I never found anyone on here who had this done, I'll describe my experience:
I had to lay down on the table/chair. They raised it up and injected a local into each breast. Then they went right to work and inserted the needle (I couldn't see what they actually used because my ginormous boob was in the way.) Next thing I heard was what sounded like someone peeing in a cup. It was my boob draining into a cup! The left one pretty much drained completely and the right one only a little. I'm lopsided now, but it's fine. Soon I'll have them taken out and lifted! Yay! So after the draining I just put on a sports bra and went home. Easy! I'll wear a super tight compression bra for a couple of weeks and then go back in. Planning to get the lift early July, if I get enough money in time. If not I'll just have to postpone until Christmas. I'm just happy to have a little of the weight off, even though I'm all skin and they pretty much lay flat on my tummy. No man in my life so that's great! (it's great any day of the week, but a bonus now!) I'll post pictures of before and after, but you can't tell. Maybe when I go back and he takes more it'll be more noticeable. We shall see! Anyhoo...I highly recommend anyone considering a removal/lift to get them deflated. This way you can let your skin tighten a little and decide if you're happy with your natural size. If you return within a couple of weeks they can just replace the implants. I do not intend to have any replacements, so I'm happy to let them shrink up as much as possible!

Countdown begins..

I have a post op on the 30th of April and my surgery is scheduled for May 13th, which is the DAY AFTER my last law school final. What the heck is wrong with me??

I'm going to post pictures since it's been about a year since I had my implants drained. My boobs didn't shrink like I wanted them to, but I really didn't try hard enough. I love food waaaay too much.

Correction

I have a PRE-op (not post op) on the 30th. DER! My brain is mush right now. Good night!

Getting closer!

Well, I had my pre-op and I'm all set. My surgery is set for May 15th and I've added some bonus lipo to the spare tire, underarms and inner thighs. It's my pre-graduation gift to myself (even though I've got a few more years in grad school to go!) I'm pleased with Dr. Mentz. I told him I wanted to be much smaller and he's the first doctor who didn't try to talk me out of it. The last time I let a doctor convince me of something other than what I wanted, I wound up miserable. I'm very excited to have a smaller chest! I'll post some more pictures as soon as the doctor's office emails them to me.

Not sure I've I've covered everything so here's a recap of what I'll be doing:
implant removal (they're already deflated)
reduction
lift
lipo on the underarms, tummy (and around) and inner thighs

Wish me luck!
Dr. Mentz

So far so good! Very very nice man and I felt like he truly cared about helping me make the right decisions.

How has everything been? Did the right one eventually deflate and have you decided when you are going to explant and lift? Thank you for sharing your story. I am looking to do the same thing soon :)
Soooo sorry it's taken me this long. I started law school last August and haven't had a free moment since. I'm finally ready to do the deed! My right one eventually deflated over time. They haven't gone down in size much, but I've been having a hard time with my weight. The stress of school and not having time to exercise or prepare a healthy diet doesn't help. I really wanted to go with Dr. Horndeski, but I would have had to travel too far. I have only days between semesters in school and 2 fur babies at home I've gotta take care of so I opted for a doctor close to where I live. I had a consultation with him and felt very pleased. May 13th!! No backing out now! I'm sooo nervous because I just can't decide how small to go. I'd love to have a "B cup", but everyone tells me not to go so small when I've never been that way before. I'm only 5'2" though, and I feel like I'd be happier with that size. Who knows.
Congratz on th popping! :) My doc is reccomending that I go this route as well as I have saline implants. I am totally freaked out about it though. I just kinda wished he could just remove them, but since I fully intend on having a lift he wants to deflate and do the lift one month later. I am wondering if you could answer some questions and put my mind at ease about this whole deflation thing. I am not worried about the pain but more how the empty shells will feel inside my body. Do they poke and irritate you\/ Can you wear a tight sports bra? and do you think it is visable through clothes (cause I will eb working in the interm to pay for these suckers to be lifted). any advice and info you have for me would be appreciated. You look amazing and time will make it even better. Krissy
Thank you! I have to say I was so nervous about what I would look like after, but I couldn't be happier. What you feel or don't feel depends entirely on your weight and/or natural size, I believe. I had fairly large breasts to begin with (full C), so there's a lot of breast tissue still here. I can't feel a thing. You can't see anything either. I've heard if you don't have a lot of breast tissue that you might see them poke your skin, but honestly if you're having them removed in a month it'll be nothing. It takes some time for the skin to tighten up and by then you probably still won't notice anything. I catch myself feeling around all the time to try and find the shell. I don't think my right breast has entirely deflated, but it's gone down a bit since Monday. I haven't felt anything. It's almost like I didn't have anything done! I'm beginning to notice a little less back pain, and it's wonderful. They told me to wear as tight of a sports bra as I could find, which I am. My favorite thing in the world is to come home and take off my nasty bra, but I've been keeping it on and even sleeping in a sports bra. It's not so bad, but the one I wear during the day is SUPER tight and leaves grooves in my shoulders. I always needed an extra large and this one is a medium. I really want them snug in my silly hope that they'll just keep shrinking! lol Go for it. If your experience is anything like mine, it'll be great. This is the first time in my life I've done things for me and not for some boyfriend or to look better. I think that really fuels my happiness now, so make sure you're doing everything for the right reasons, make sure you like and trust your doctor, and make sure you ask any questions you have. If he's a good doctor, he'll be happy to answer them! I'm so glad I did this. Can't feel a thing and, like I said, this sports bra has them smushed up so flat against me and I still don't feel anything! Not knowing your natural size I can't guarantee it'll be EXACTLY the same for you, but of everything I read it seems like anything you did feel would be minimal. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to help out! Keep me posted how your stuff goes!

Good luck with your consultations and don't be surprised if some doctors try to talk you into replacing with smaller implants. You really need to stick to your guns and/or find a supportive doctor from the get-go. Glad you're seeing more than one.

Please keep us posted! We are here for you.

Thank you for the support!
Your story is unfortunately all too common--women who want a lift and are talked into implants instead. You'll find all the support you need by getting to some of the women on this site. I don't any surgeons in the Houston area but am happy with the PS I chose here in Dallas.
Which doctor did you go to?
Dr. Melmed--you can find out more in my review under 2B Healthy. He's known for his work in explants and has done more than 3000.
He sounds like he's worth a trip to Dallas. I noticed you went through insurance. Did you also have a lift? I've been reading so many reviews I can't remember who had what. My main concern is cost but if insurance will help me I'd love to try. Do you know what claim he filed with them? Also, do you know if he has a website? I googled him but only articles, etc. came up. No site for just him. Thanks for the help!
He doesn't have a website but you can learn a bit about him from these links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ujM8c-W9Q I know that he wrote a letter about my symptoms and problems which was sent to my insurance company (Blue Cross & Blue Shield). I heard back about a week later that insurance would pay. He does an internal lift while he's in there taking out the implants, but the lift is not covered my insurance. Still, if insurance will pay the bulk, it's a good deal plus he's amazing!