Wish i knew risks w BBL before- Houston, TX

I am 32yrs old 5 ft and weight 165lbs. I have...

I am 32yrs old 5 ft and weight 165lbs. I have always been happy with my apple shape body, I have learned through the years to dress with certain clothes to accentuate my beautiful twins (36D) as my husband so kindly refers to them and to form a somewhat waistline. But the lack of a butt/ hips has always left me feeling a little more boyish than womenly. This has always been a family joke since my one year older sister has a killer ass and thick legs and I got the short end of the stick.

So In Sept 2012 after my sister begain the uncomfortable conversation at a family dinner (of all places) about the video she saw on youtube about the brazilian butt lift and suggesting this to me as a great way to get some curves. Me and my newly married husband discussed it on the way home. He gave me the usual pep talk about he loves me the way I am and will support me in any decisions I make but it would be awsome to have a little more cusion.

It took two months of research and many conversations with my hubby that I finally went and saw Dr. Cortes Saturday and Dr. LaPuerta Monday. We had all our questions answered, saw tons of pre and post op pt photos and quotes given. I loved the fact that I had my husband go with me for moral support and took his option very seriously since with all honestly he was helping finance the treatment. After all pros and cons we choose Dr. Cortes even though his quote was 1500 more. The one night stay at the hospital did it for my husband who works nights and was concerned I would be alone that first night.

We applied for financing and got approved, so I called and scheduled for first appointment available in Jan. 2013 and scheduled my blood work with the hospital Dec 28th and pre op vist with Dr. Cortes Jan 5th.

Now all my nerves begin to go on overdrive.

Went to my pre-op appt at the hospital did all...

went to my pre-op appt at the hospital did all typical pre registration and blood work. Everything went well

Well its day 7 after dr went in to remove a...

Well its day 7 after dr went in to remove a hemotoma that formed and cause my right leg to go numb. I have already gained some feeling just not at my toes yet. I have had great support from my sister and husband that have helped so much since I had issues of standing and walkin around. I went in yesterday for my first post op. Dr. Said everything is healing great just need to walk a bit more and strengthen my leg.

I should be able to sit by thursday so looking forward to it. But im not sure how to use the boppy pillow.

11 mnths w/o movement in right foot

Had my last surgery in july poss. Infection from wound that wouldn't close. I still go to therapy twice a week for electro stimulation (cost 140 wk out of pocket). I'm only working part time bc my foot swells if I'm up longer than 5 hrs. Very very slow healing. Still have no movement in my right foot.

selfies

Houston Plastic Surgeon

After surfing the web endlessly I narrowed my search down to three doctors. I consulted with Dr. LaPuerta and Dr. Cortes in early Nov.2012 since the third was not available til early next year due to the holidays (I was told). Both me and my husband choose Dr. Cortes even though the quote was the highest. He had the idea of how I wanted my body shaped and was the only one to include hospital stay for min. of one night that was what won us over.

I'm extremely nervous about risks/complications. >_
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of feeling in your right foot. How are you doing now ?
Im srry mama but glad you chose one of the most caring docs. May I ask exactly what complications you are hvng nd wats causing the no movement in your foot
I can't say enough of Dr. Cortez he has been great during all this. It seems the fat put pressure on the nerve that controls my right leg. I did have a second surgery imm. after to relief pressure but damage was done. After second surgery my wound would not close for nearly 4months. Dr did his best to heal the wound w great after care but my body keep leaking. My drain might have been removed to soon. I have gained feeling on most of my leg not my foot though.
Prayers for you I actually have seen another girl with the same problem with the no feeling in her foot. Maybe diff scenarios though hang in there mama xoxo
any pics yet?
Still in hospital had a little complication but. He has been on top of everything visiting me everyday twice in some cases. I will post pic as soon as i can. Have felt no pain just a bit uncomfortable being on my stomache so much.
Im going with Dr. Cortes in Aug. 2013. But good luck to you & I already feel like everything will go fine with your sx. Plz post pics!!!! *GOOD LUCK!*
He is a great choice very sweet and understanding. I will post pic within days.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us. Wow, your date will be here before you know it! I hope everything goes well for you!

I'm sure you'll get lots of support here, the BBL ladies are generally a lovely, supportive community. Good luck and please do keep us updated with your progress!