Thanks Dr. Cortes!! Houston, TX

I've been researching for a couple of years now...

I've been researching for a couple of years now and went to a few consultations. I actually made a appointment with Dr. Stanley Hegg...tragically he passed. I am sad for his lost.

Now I'm back to trying to find the right Doctor. So stressful. I am considering Dr. Yily from Dominican Republic. She has been corresponding with me via email and has been consistent.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions on this Doctor, as well as the traveling process.

Oh and I'm from the Bay Area (live in Hawaii) which is why I was going with dr hegg since my family is there. But now im going to fly to the bay from Hawaii first and then to Orange County airport and my round trip was only $130 with southwest from sfo to Orange County so consider that it's not bad going down to LA.
I was also a client of Dr. Hegg before he passed I was suppose to have surgery the week after. So like you I had to search again. But I found Dr. Ghada Afifi from Los Angeles area. Her results are very similar to dr hegg as well as her prices. Look at her clients esp. Betsie she has nice results. I'm scheduled for surgery next month already too. Her wait list isn't bad at all.
I'm scheduled with Dr. Cortes from Houston. I love his work.

Yeppppy! So I finally scheduled my bbl appt with...

Yeppppy! So I finally scheduled my bbl appt with Dr. Cortes. I'm so nervous. Will update with pics soon.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Can anyone tell me if I should buy my own...

Can anyone tell me if I should buy my own girdles?? Dr. Cortes will provide 2 but I'm wondering if I need more. Additionally, any suggestions on massages?

hey i have been trying to get a consultation date set up but no one has been responding to my emails...do u know how long u had to wait in order to get a scheduled consultation?
U can call the office and ask for Lucy. I'm traveling from out of town so I didn't do a consultation with him. Just sent him pics...but will see him a day before my sx for the actual consult.
For massages I just looked up lymph massage in my zip

Wooohooooo....Dr. Cortes ROCKS!!!

I am soooooo happy I went with. Dr. Cortes!!! Woohoo...lol..after seeing these recent photos of the sx he performed I am just too impressed! I am loving his results. The way he sculpt the body and the curve this man can give you is AMAZING!!!

I've been researching the bbl procedure for the last 6 years and haven't come across a Doctor that I am remotely comfortable with.

My surgery is in October, wish I can do it sooner but due to work I just can't do it now. I'm a Registered Nurse and work in a hospital so my hours are so unpredictable. I'm very thankful for this website...it's gives me a lot of positive perspective into this procedure.

For ones who had their surgery already please feel free to throw any advice or suggestions my way :)

Yayyyyy I had my consult with dr Cortes today myself! Very excited! I'm 90% sure about him.. I love the fact that there is no lipo limit and how he produces big beautiful hourglass bodies along with big bubble booties! Will update on my blog about the consultation.. He is very charming , professional and takes his time to listen to every annoying question (as did dr salzhauer during our Skype consultation )
I'm traveling from San Francisco so haven't had a face to face consultation with him but I'm positive he's the Doctor I want. Paid my deposit and is schedule for October 3. I'm so looking fwd to this!! I will be curious to know which physician you'll pick...will be following your blog ;)
Ok my love.. I'm 90% certain of Cortes.. Will receive my quote this morning (excited)

Love this!!!

This is what i want exactly!!!

Better wish pic

Following and seeing all these post op photos of what Dr. Cortes has done makes me want to jump for joy!! He is awesome and competent in what he do. I am so excited and happy I picked him as my BBL surgeon. In addition I talked to his wife today on the phone about billing; etc and she is so nice and helpful.

Awesome wish pic! I'm scheduled 4 November 1st with dr Cortes! Yayyy
yeepppy...thats great...cant wait to see your results.
I weigh 139..I'm 5'5"... Gotta be 165 for sx. Exactly 26 lbs to gain.. Sounds silly but losing 5-10 for summer (prob leave it at 5) n then will slowly start to gain in August..

another wish pic

Love this shape.

Great choice!! I know your excited!! Mines is scheduled July 18!!
I'm happy...u made a great choice yourself! Cant wait to see your results :-D
Yay... a Nor Cal girl going to Cortes. I went with Salama but found Cortes after I had put my deposit down. I like my results from Salama but Cortes is going to make me look better after I have a tummy tuck and hips added since I have already done the bbl. I'm originally from Cen Cal (Modesto) but live out here in San Antonio. I will not go to any drs out here but found Cortes and he is amazing. Drove 3 hra to have a consultation with him amd he's amazing and knows his work. I know you will not be disappointed.

October is too far away!

I need October to come now! I'm soooooo ready...here's another wish pic..

I dont know whats best to gain 10-15 lbs or lose 10-15 lbs. He wants me to lose 10...send new pics and he'll decide if I should lose that last 5lbs. Its easy for me to gain weight and hard to lose lol

I feel so fat....

Initially the Doctor wanted me to gain 10-15lbs. I weight 143 in April now I'm 148 and considering I'm petite at 5'1 that's overweight! I know I need to gain a little more but I'm so uncomfortable with my size right now I feel like losing and going back to 143lbs. I need directions/ advice.

That's a tough situation about gaining weight.. I know he'll suck it all out. You want enough fat for booty and hips. Good luck love.
thanks babe
I know how you feel my sx is 9 days away and I've gained 35lbs he tells me your so muscular. I need you to gain another 10lbs. I'm soooo sick of eating.

1 1/2 month to go!

My surgery is near but so far away! I've gained 6lbs so far... talked to Doctor's office today. I wanted to know if I should stop gaining weight...lol...I feel like a blimp. Doc did I need to gain 5-10 more :-(

He assured me he'll suck it all out and put it all in my buttocks and hip. So I feel alot better. I'm gonna start purchasing all the stuff I need next month. Ladies, feel free to suggest any items I need or any recovery expectations. It'll be greatly appreciated.

I live in San Francisco but my bf lives in Houston so I planned on staying there for 3 weeks. I'm so excited about the surgery... I'm Asian so you know I don't have a butt! Lol.

I will upload pre op pics shortly.

Cottenelle Wipes is a definite!!!!
Good luck on your journey. You're almost there.

SO HARD TO GAIN WEIGHT!

I've been eating everything been still now gaining weight like I want to...erggggggg... this is so frustrating!

I totally know how you feel about the weight. It sucks :( But it's not so bad. Every time I look in the mirror and feel grossed out I remind myself that all that fat will be gone and it will have been put to good use. Don't worry! I am Asian too (half) and unfortunately got the Asian butt genes :/ Soon to be fixed :) I am rooting for you and am looking forward to hearing about your results! Sorry I don't have much to offer since I am still 11 days pre-op.
do you have a appt set with Dr. Cortes already?

Need Hotel in Houston

Does anyone know of any reasonable hotels in Houston area by Dr. Cortes office? Me and the bf are arguing at the moment and might not have a place to stay after my sx :-)

I really wanna stay 2 weeks if I can find something...

Check your inbox
Hi! Actually I am doing to Dr. Campos in Tijuana next Thursday.

sad

I'm pretty bummed... Me and my bf broke up so I can't stay with him in Houston anymore. I just made reservations at Hotel 8 for 11 days im cashing out$720 for this. :-(

I'm so upset I don't think I wanna move forward with the sx but my best friend is encouraging me too move forward and do it. Suggestions from anyone traveling out of town for sx... what do I need in room? can I sit on plane at 11 day?

Need fat! LOL

It's been 2 1/2 months already and I've only gained 6lbs! The Doc wanted me to gain 15lbs total.. I've been eating like crazy but can't seem to gain fat fast enough.

Ladies from Houston do you guys know of any cheap transportation places... I'm arriving from Hobby Airport and need to go all the way to Conroe so it's gonna be a bit of a drive.

My surgery is in a month so I'm really nervous.. plus this is bitter sweet for me because i just broke up with my fiancee :-(

Time will be here before you know it.
I am also getting my surgery by Dr. Cortes the October 15th. I am getting butt implants though.
Whewww your day is just around the corner! I'll be following your journey. I'm very interested in seeing your outcome .

2 more weeks till I see Dr. CORTES!!

My sx is in two weeks! I'm so excited but scared at the same time. I haven't bought anything...I really don't know what I need.. called doctor's office and Lucy said just comfortable clothes... they will give me the rest. I'm so looking forward to my sx but I'm afraid of the cons... what if it comes out looking worst or something bad happens... I'm pretty scared n nervous cus the time is so near.

I'm so nervous
that's great.. good luck with everything!
when is your sx?

pre op pic

I hate taking pics, especially of my butt so here's a current one... will try to upload a all body one with no clothes... still need to gain more weight for Dr. Cortes :-(

Hey ma, don't know if it's too late but I stayed at a motel near by. Very nice for the price and it had cable, wifi, small fridge and microwave which is most important in case you won't be going out to eat. The owners name is Sam here's his number 832-439-8317 is called corp inn suites. Very nice for the price and clean. I had a room w/2 Queen beds for the whole week $275. Not bad. They come and clean the room everyday and give you fresh towels. I enjoyed my stay and even better that Dr cortes staff came to visit me there to remove my drain and fit me into a new garment. That's was sweet of them. It's close to his Conroe office. You should check it out if it's not too late and use the extra money else where or whatever else you may need. Sorry to hear about the break up. I will say I hope tout have someone committed to helping you with the recovery, it's not easy at all. I fainted on the third day after surgery which is when I went to shower. Well it was Street my shower. I shouldve gone straight to lay downinstead of trying to get back in my garment. I literally keep coming in and out of fainting I scared my 18 yr old daughter who was the one helping me. So rest before and after taking your shower, I will say that. Take your garment off wait at least 20 min, shower quickly, then lay back down another 20 minutes to regain your strength. Then have someone help you back into your garment. Wish you the best sweety.
thanks sweetheart... that's very nice of you. I will phone them now. how are you healing... you look great!
Drink high calorie protein shakes at night with a piece of cake on the side and a plate of spaghetti.....man now im hungry lol

Down to a week!

My sx is in 1 week and I'm making transportation arrangements with the cab company out in Conroe but it is so expensive traveling from my hotel room at Super 8 -Hotel back and forth to the Hospital for the consultation and surgery. It's $65 each way and I have to go 2 days! Totally bill to $260.... and that's not including the trip from airport to the hotel room on day 1 and the last day to go home. They want $120 from airport to hotel each way!!!!! I'm so stressed out!!! Any transportation suggestions????

Wow thats crazy! Im having my SX with Dr Cortes October 15th and ny pre-op is October 14th. I also need transportation. I had no idea it would be this costly. What are we girls gonna do, we need help.
I know this sucks I'm hoping to see him in the Houston Texas office instead of the Conroe
Im wondering if we are able to change our appts? Im already scheduled to go to the hospital for blood work on Monday October 14th at 9am then see Dr.Cortes the same day at 2pm. My surgery is the following morning and I have to be there for 5am.

soooo nervous!

I called the Conroe office today and spoke with Lucy. She has been very helpful. She was able to change my appointment consultation with Dr. Cortes from Conroe office to the Houston office because it's more convenient and I am coming from the Hobby Airport so transportation back and forth from Houston to Conroe is very very expensive. This is a great relieved because I was going to cancel the surgery its been so stressful because I'm down to the last week and I'm not even prepared.

I've been procrastinating and reality has hit. I haven't packed, I haven't went shopping, my mind is all over the place.

So initially I scheduled a reservation for super Hotel 8 in Conroe but I was able to find another hotel in Houston which is closer to Dr Cortez Houston office and its called New Six Inn & Suites, it's a lot cheaper than super hotel 8!! super 8 quoted me a price of 820 for 12 nights. the new six Inn and Suites quoted me six hundred and twenty dollars for 12 nights and its way better than super 8 hotel. There's more amenities.

I made reservation with the cab out in Houston for all the days I will be there and the price is not too bad considering I will be strictly in Houston and not in Conroe. Initially the cab bill for that whole week stay back and forth to appointments will be 520 dollars but now that I am able to change my consultation appointment to Houston my cab bill will only be totally 250 which is okay for me.

My best friend will be coming to take care of me she is totally an angel sent from God I don't know what I would do if she did not volunteer to come. I wouldn't be able to do this by myself. I knew this procedure and the whole trip will be expensive but I did not know that I will be spending over $12,000 for everything and that's not including food.

On another note I am very excited and I'm really looking forward to this procedure. I've been to Houston handfuls of times because my ex boyfriend lives out there. He took me to a seafood restaurant call Papadeaux... does any of my Houston ladies know if this is close to my hotel? I'm on 34th Street. I'm planning on going my first night there.

Ladies thanks for all your support, any suggestions and advices will be greatly appreciated. Love you guys! :-)

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. That really sucks. My boyfriend started sayng things like " im scared your gonna leave me after your surgery" or saying things like " your gonna wanna go out and wear sexy clothes after your surgery" and thins like " your gonna wanna go out to clubs and stuff now".... I had to get him straight real fast and tell him " dont start that mess. its not about you right now, its about me"...lol Sometimes you gotta tell em girl..lol But anyway i am sorry yall broke up.....As far as your best friend, thank God for her. ......................... I'm driving in and I was thinking about all that stuff you was thinking about too like hotel and cab and money ) but thank God I got all that done. Im really happy that your going. I wish I was going soon but mine is not until March. ...........PS: To gain weight, eat losts of starches. Potatoes, fries, rice, breads, things like that.
Yea, it sucks that or relationship ended this way. But I'm over it. Moving on to bigger n better things. I paid my hotel already so that's out of the way now all I owe is the Hospital payment then I'm done. I'm fortunate to be able to pay for all of this out of pocket. I so deserve this. And you're absolutely right.... I'm doing this for me.... no one else! Good Luck with your journey!
Thank you and Imma keep watching your story

:-P

I was totally fine until I read about a death in DR with Dr. Cabral. I know having surgery is a risk PERIOD. But man, after reading this story it scared the crap out of me! I'm glad I paid more for a certified surgeon here in the US.

My prayers goes out to the family of the deceased woman. I attached the link to article of the story.

COUNTDOWN!!! YA READY?
As ready as can be!
Do they allow a payment plan

link to story

Let me know if you have any ?s!
hehe how do I sit on bloppy pillow? ass out? sit ass on it? thighs in between pillow? on pillows? I know I sound dumb but need to know.. lol. Thanks.
Just came across your review, good luck with everything hun! I've been wondering how to sit on the boppy too, lol!

Surgery

I'm heading to Houston tomorrow morning. So excited for this trip! I'm pretty much packed and got everything squared away. A couple more days and my surgery will be here and I will be a changed person... well only on the outside at least..lol.

Soooooooooooooo freakin happy for you
WOW! The time seems to be going so fast ill be on my way there next Thursday. please keep us updated.
I hope you will keep us updated with your story. I am there next week on Sunday.

Rough night :-(

So finally settled into my hotel! I had such a crazy long day/night! Where do I begin.... got off the plane at 7pm.. Cab driver didn't know how to get to our hotel.. took him 45 mins to find the place. Prior to trip I reserved and paid for my hotel through Expedia...I thought I came up cus with 12 days stay my total was $643. Okay long story short... if I can make it short.. Lol..we finally arrived at the hotel... this place was RACHETT!!!! Omfg! Went to go check in and I was already hesitant... he gave us or keys and we went to find our room... well we got lost! The hotel looks like project buildings! There were drug addicts, prostitutes, wild kids... just CRAZY! We still couldn't locate our room so I told my bff let's just head back to the office and cancel our reservation. Luckily, our cab driver was stl waiting for us... thank the Lord!

Went to office and the clerk suggested we take a look inside the room first before we change our mind...I said okay... well bad idea! We went upstairs to look inside the room and it smelled like penis, stinky vagina and cigarettes....Hahahahahaha.

That was it... I'm cancelling. Well, expedia charged $58 for cancelling reservation. So there goes that. The whole refund will be credited in 7-10 business days... so now I have to wait for my money! Cab driver took us to another hotel...Days Inn and it was surprisingly cheaper and alot better! Lost $58 but got a better hotel with more amenities. I'm exhausted!

Pre op appt at hospital tomorrow morning at 9am then with Dr. Cortes at 12:45. Sx Thursday at 5am. I feel so overwhelmed! I can't wait for this to be over with. Please pray for me.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Praying you had a successful Sx. Happy heading!
Aww sorry you had such a hard time. Cant wait to see your results!!
Thinking about you : )

woooohoooo

Everything went well dolls! I'm not in pain just feel sore. Sx lasted only 3 1/2 hours. I can't really see my results yet still very very swollen. But my friend said there's hips and ass! lol. I'm still here in the Hospital..will be leaving at noon to go to my hotel. Once im settle in I will take some pics.

Thanks for all yall support and prayers! :-)

Hey any pics yet?
I'm really swollen now so can't take any pics yet but tomorrow when I take garment off to shower I will snap some pics.
I am so excited to see the new you. How do you like you new body?

pic up

here's a quick pic... still sore... stomach as flat as a iron board!

I'm loving it..

front

here's a front pic lumpy legs :-(

Wow! You look great hun. I wish you could post up more pics. Love to see the front and the side view. He really did a good job on you though.

front pic

lumpy legs :-(

Omg I am looking forward to seeing more pics of u. I am super excited about getting my bbl with implants next Tuesday.
How r u feeling? What happened to your pics ?
I'm alot better... still swollen but will upload tonight :-)

pics

Hey gals...im feeling great one week post op today. Just very swollen and having a hard time sleeping on my stomace, otherwise I'm fine. Dont have great pics right now but had my bff take some earlier which is attached below. I love my results so far. It looks alot better in person. Hips are very prominent. NOT too much projection but I'm still healing so let's see how it'll look after a few months.

I have to head back to Cali Sat and I'm not looking forward to sitting on the plane for four hours!! Hope this doesn't mess up my fat. It's so hard sitting on this half syrafoam I bought at Cortes office. Boppy not working either. erggggggggg. Any suggestions about sitting on plane ladies?

pics

You look great sweety! Cortez is on my list also. About the plane ride have Dr. Cortes right you up a letter, also you might want to call ahead to the airline and see how full your flight is maybe you can get a row to yourself and you can lay down a bit. Congrats!
thanks! I do have a letter... but haven't call airline... that's a great idea. Thanks doll :-)
You look amazing already. If I end up looking like you I will be super happy

pics

U look good girl... this is just the beginning! ! I'm still recoverin lol
Looking good!!! I've been reading ur journey.. R u still not seen any projection? This is what I'm scared off.. Dr Cortes does a great job w hips but I see no projection on his before n after pics . Did u want big hips?
yes I told him to focus on hips. I don't see much projection but it could be I didn't have enough fat for all of that. Overall I'm content with my results... I'm very petite so didnt want too much going on bavk there. lol

Finally Home!

I had the longest flight from Houston to SF yesterday! While we were on board the plane they unexpectedly told us our flight will be delay due to the rain and wind. 3 whole hours sitting on that plane just waiting for the Marshall to give a ok for the run way to open! My feet got extra swollen! It was horrible, the most uncomfortable plane ride ever :-(

Well I'm finally home..thank goodness! Im feeling better and better each day, no pain really only sore. Bruises and swelling are really bad, otherwise I'm good.

However, the only thing bothering me is at night when Igo to sleep. Laying on my stomach is such a hassle! My lower back is constantly in pain. Any suggestions ladies? In addition, about the garment, I'm constantly having crease on my mid section is this normal? When can I sleep on my back and side again? Will play dress up and upload pics later. Thanks dolls!

Here are tips I can give you.....Don't starve yourself or get on a all veggie diet mix it up...you need lots of protein during your recovery and after....Drink lotz of water and Gatorade, After most swelling goes down keep yourself at a steady weight.....don't worry about your shape at the moment cause it will shape beautifully as the months go by....trust me this process takes a lot of patience and dedication.....don't sit directly on your buttocks until your atleast 2 months PO.....Laying on your back and hips I recommend to do it altleast at 3 months PO when the fat is completely established....plus even if you try to do it before that it will be extremely uncomfortable....walk, walk, walk, it helps with stiffness and to build up your endurance back up....if you have any Q's feel free to ask me....:)
Thanks so much... everything you've given me above are all helpful. I'm just gonna have to get use to sleeping on my stomach lol. Mariel do you think I will lose alot of volume as I heal? My garment is right around but area but loose on legs and upper torso but right around lower stomach is this right? Overall I'm very happy with my results and hour I don't lose too much volume... Thanks girl!
**oops typo... meant to say tight around butt area

pics

Aww sorry to hear about your flight. You look awesome. Did you use the boppy pillow? I think that's what they call it
Wow u look absolutely amazing!! R u wearing a garment ?
yep

n

p

Damn I went mia n ur lookin bad ass!!! Happy healin it gets better..
haha.. thanks boo!
you look great ma!

better

I'm getting better n better everyday. The only thing bothering me right now is my left leg. It gets so swollen to the point where sometimes I can't walk. The swelling comes and goes. I'm hoping this gets better.

On another note, I find that sleeping on a pillow at night helps significantly. I'm getting used to sleeping on my belly now. lol. However, I'm a lil worry about sitting on the boppy to drive and at work. I'm still having a hard time.

Bruises are slowly fading. Yeppppy. Still a bit swollen all over but not as bad with the exception of my left leg. I'm happy with what Dr. Cortes has done he's very knowledgeable in what he does. Ladies that are deciding on Doctors... don't hesitate with Dr. Cortes... he's confident and good in this line of work. I'm glad I picked him. I'm sure there's lots of Docs in San Francisco but I just had to travel to Houston for the best! :-)

Girl you look great. Love the hour glass shape. You gonna end up pullin you a black man with all that....lmao
LOL
My man is black and he just can't wait for me to have a sexy big booty, small waist and wider hips. He is just as excited about it as I am.

I'm shrinking!

I'm so depressed. My hips and buttock has shrunk a little. Im so afraid that it willl shrink too much. Im happy with my shape and size now..dont want it any smaller. What do I do at this point?

Hey girlie , I got in touch with Dr. Cortes office today and spoke with Deanna . She was a doll ! I'm emailing everything over to Lucy to get to Dr. Cortes for review . Hopefully , Lucy will call me next week with some good news ! : ) I'm hoping for a New Years booty !!!! I don't see a lot of before pics of you . Did you post any ? Just wanted to compare the before and after . Also , you didn't get the implants , right ... Just fat transfer ????
Did you reach out to texAZZgirl?
I did I messaged her

black spots

hey ladies is it normal to have these black spots around the lipo site? If yes when will it eventually go away?

better pic

Those spots are bruising under skin!
Will it go away?
Yes maam its only a bruise..remember u will take a while..I still have my dark marks

Turning heads!

Me and my bff went out to a Cuban bar today and omg... heads were turning! Even females were complimenting me! Lol. I love it!

I'm feeling better n better each day. swelling and bruising has gone down 90%. I'm one of the lucky ones because recovery was a piece of cake for me. My bff wants to get a bbl more cus as you can see in the attached pic she needs ass pronto! Told her I will be there for her and support her like how she was there for me!

Ladies starting their journey, if you have the right Doctor and he knows what he's doing this procedure is so with it! You can't go wrong with Dr. Cortes! He's good!

Hey I read ur story I want to go to Cortez can u send your after pics
Hun let's see some pics so we can see what your talking about. I bet you look amazing.
Where are your post op pics????
Houston Plastic Surgeon