Hasn't Been What I Was Expecting After Reading All the Great Reviews - Houston, TX

I enjoy being a tall voluptuous woman and just...

I enjoy being a tall voluptuous woman and just wanted to improve my shape with a fuller bottom.

So I did research and looked for a doctor. Didn't have any luck with finding a doctor in Dallas, and ran across a lot of good reviews on Dr Cortes. So after research, I decided to go with him.

My husband did most of the emailing , phone calls, and appointment making and ran into several complications resulting in multiple phone calls. I should have taken this as a sign to rethink my selection.

After arriving for my scheduled appointment, the office was packed. I did not get seen until 2 hrs after my scheduled appointment. There was an assistant who provided answers to a lot of my questions, which I am grateful.

The surgery started on time, and took only 3 hrs instead of the 5 we were expecting. The doctor put 1500cc of fat into each butt cheek.

The hospital personnel were a great help, I was released early the following morning.

After going home, I have been in a lot of pain. Very uncomfortable and nauseous. I'm concerned that my stomach doesn't look the way it should. When I sit to use the bathroom, there are very strange folds on my stomach. I was told that it was fluid and that it will go away after time with the compression shaper. I'm not feeling very confident. Can anyone tell me if they had this same issue?

We have sent several text messages to the doctors office only to receive automated messages with no answer on the subject matter question.
I'm sad to say, I'm regretting my choices.

Day 10 post op

I don't see the doctor till next Monday. how will I know if I need to have my stomach drained? What does the red patch on my stomach mean? Why are my eyes swollen again?

Lymphatic massage on day 10 post op

Today I had a lymphatic massage, the lady was very nice. I was very nervous and cried a little bit because I was afraid that it was going to hurt. She was concerned that Dr Cortez gave me the go ahead to start having the massages done. So due to me only being 10 days post op and unable to lay on my back, she had me lay on my stomach and worked a little bit on my back for 30 minutes. I am happy to say that it wasn't painful and I think it may be beneficial. However I did get lightheaded and nauseous about an hour after. So hopefully that's just the toxins working their way out of my system.

Day 11 post op

I want to thank Mariel2013 for reaching out to me, calling me with helpful info and reassuring me.

I went to the store today and bought some Arnica gel, vitamin C, and Bromelain to help with my recovery. Will let everyone know how it helps.

12 day post op

Before surgery I weighed 220, today I'm weighing in at 227. I know some of this is from being swollen with fluid.

Day 18 post op

Doing tremendously better. Had my stitches removed Saturday and the incisions are healing nicely. Dr said the seroma on my stomach was small so he didn't need to drain it.

I had my second lymphatic massage today. The stomach wasn't bad but my inner thigh hurt!

Swelling has gone down a little, but there's a lot to go.

I believe the Bromelain, vitamin C, and Arnica gel have been a big help!

Energy is slowly improving.

Sitting in the car is difficult. Truck is easier with help.

Day 20 post op

Stomach

Day 24 post op

Today was my first day back to work. It was difficult only because the cushion that the doctor gave me is not very comfortable. When I sit down on the cushion they gave me, after about five minutes my legs and feet go numb and start to tingle. So I did a lot of standing today. Standing made it hard to type, but I made it through it.

Right now I am only wearing the corset. I recently bought a size small for my waist, and for some reason on my right side it digs in a lot deeper on that side. Very uncomfortable.

1 month post op

Today is my 6th day back to work. I've been sitting on a stool and letting my bottom hang off the back. Not comfortable, but my legs don't fall asleep a fast they do on the cushion. After sitting for a while the fluid in my upper thighs get harder and tight. I had my 3rd massage last week, and it's helping. I'm using a size small in one of my waist clinchers, and when it's on my right side goes in much further and get sore quicker. I will post a pic the next time I put it on. Also I've noticed my left inner thigh seems to have had more fat taken, as it curves in. Will post pic.

Right side pics

7 week post op

My inner thighs are ugly from lipo. Pretty bummed. Upper thighs and lower abdominal are still numb. Bottom swelling seems non-existent.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I've seen him a total of 4 times, & he was not a man of many words. All 4 visits weren't even a total of 15 minutes. The first time was at pre op, he came in took some pics and grabbed the fat on my belly, told me I was a good candidate and that my stomach would be flat. The second time was right before surgery, he marked my body. Third time the morning after surgery to release me. Fourth time was for the first post op, he came in and asked me how I was doing. I told him that I liked how my bottom was looking, but that the way my stomach was looking was freaking me out. So he says to me, "well the surgery wasn't for your stomach." Not very professional in my opinion.