Hasn't Been What I Was Expecting After Reading All the Great Reviews - Houston, TX

I enjoy being a tall voluptuous woman and just...

I enjoy being a tall voluptuous woman and just wanted to improve my shape with a fuller bottom.

So I did research and looked for a doctor. Didn't have any luck with finding a doctor in Dallas, and ran across a lot of good reviews on Dr Cortes. So after research, I decided to go with him.

My husband did most of the emailing , phone calls, and appointment making and ran into several complications resulting in multiple phone calls. I should have taken this as a sign to rethink my selection.

After arriving for my scheduled appointment, the office was packed. I did not get seen until 2 hrs after my scheduled appointment. There was an assistant who provided answers to a lot of my questions, which I am grateful.

The surgery started on time, and took only 3 hrs instead of the 5 we were expecting. The doctor put 1500cc of fat into each butt cheek.

The hospital personnel were a great help, I was released early the following morning.

After going home, I have been in a lot of pain. Very uncomfortable and nauseous. I'm concerned that my stomach doesn't look the way it should. When I sit to use the bathroom, there are very strange folds on my stomach. I was told that it was fluid and that it will go away after time with the compression shaper. I'm not feeling very confident. Can anyone tell me if they had this same issue?

We have sent several text messages to the doctors office only to receive automated messages with no answer on the subject matter question.
I'm sad to say, I'm regretting my choices.

Day 10 post op

I don't see the doctor till next Monday. how will I know if I need to have my stomach drained? What does the red patch on my stomach mean? Why are my eyes swollen again?

Lymphatic massage on day 10 post op

Today I had a lymphatic massage, the lady was very nice. I was very nervous and cried a little bit because I was afraid that it was going to hurt. She was concerned that Dr Cortez gave me the go ahead to start having the massages done. So due to me only being 10 days post op and unable to lay on my back, she had me lay on my stomach and worked a little bit on my back for 30 minutes. I am happy to say that it wasn't painful and I think it may be beneficial. However I did get lightheaded and nauseous about an hour after. So hopefully that's just the toxins working their way out of my system.

Day 11 post op

I want to thank Mariel2013 for reaching out to me, calling me with helpful info and reassuring me.

I went to the store today and bought some Arnica gel, vitamin C, and Bromelain to help with my recovery. Will let everyone know how it helps.

12 day post op

Before surgery I weighed 220, today I'm weighing in at 227. I know some of this is from being swollen with fluid.

Day 18 post op

Doing tremendously better. Had my stitches removed Saturday and the incisions are healing nicely. Dr said the seroma on my stomach was small so he didn't need to drain it.

I had my second lymphatic massage today. The stomach wasn't bad but my inner thigh hurt!

Swelling has gone down a little, but there's a lot to go.

I believe the Bromelain, vitamin C, and Arnica gel have been a big help!

Energy is slowly improving.

Sitting in the car is difficult. Truck is easier with help.

Day 20 post op

Stomach

Day 24 post op

Today was my first day back to work. It was difficult only because the cushion that the doctor gave me is not very comfortable. When I sit down on the cushion they gave me, after about five minutes my legs and feet go numb and start to tingle. So I did a lot of standing today. Standing made it hard to type, but I made it through it.

Right now I am only wearing the corset. I recently bought a size small for my waist, and for some reason on my right side it digs in a lot deeper on that side. Very uncomfortable.

1 month post op

Today is my 6th day back to work. I've been sitting on a stool and letting my bottom hang off the back. Not comfortable, but my legs don't fall asleep a fast they do on the cushion. After sitting for a while the fluid in my upper thighs get harder and tight. I had my 3rd massage last week, and it's helping. I'm using a size small in one of my waist clinchers, and when it's on my right side goes in much further and get sore quicker. I will post a pic the next time I put it on. Also I've noticed my left inner thigh seems to have had more fat taken, as it curves in. Will post pic.

Right side pics

7 week post op

My inner thighs are ugly from lipo. Pretty bummed. Upper thighs and lower abdominal are still numb. Bottom swelling seems non-existent.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I've seen him a total of 4 times, & he was not a man of many words. All 4 visits weren't even a total of 15 minutes. The first time was at pre op, he came in took some pics and grabbed the fat on my belly, told me I was a good candidate and that my stomach would be flat. The second time was right before surgery, he marked my body. Third time the morning after surgery to release me. Fourth time was for the first post op, he came in and asked me how I was doing. I told him that I liked how my bottom was looking, but that the way my stomach was looking was freaking me out. So he says to me, "well the surgery wasn't for your stomach." Not very professional in my opinion.

I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience with dr.cortres. I am 4 weeks out today and I'm happy with my procedures. I'm still swollen and healing and uncomfortable sometimes but I guess because I hated my body before and understand how the body heals I've been able to be more patient with the process. I just remember how my tummy used to just hang with skin and how my boobs just looked like I had breast fed 6 children lol. That mental pain makes the phisical pain seem way less. Just give it time because your pics look like you are getting better results. If you want you can inbox me and I can give you any advice that I can.
I actually can't find many people satisfied with him browsing through right now. It surprises me how little skill is shown in his work. And this is coming from me, who thought she did her research and chose the best. I wish all these reviews were up when I was choosing a ps and girls not holding back even though I understand it is not easy writing a bad review.
Hey girl I feel you! You should go see my after pics from using dr cortes! I'm so pissed right now!
Thank you for sharing, keep positive your procedure is very fresh still, and I hear it takes time for our skin to tighten again. I know it's 6 months to heal completely. I'm now doing research on Dr.Meade in Dallas. So if anyone has input to share message me I really appreciate your reply mnl1985 Thank You :)
How are you doing mama? How's the swelling? How's your tummy?
Hi there. You need a good Faja (compression garment) to hold you all in. Otherwise you'll be swollen and will not get a good shape. Try a Fajate.
Did Cortez tell you not to sleep on your back?
He told me to sleep on my stomach.
If you're using a corset make sure you get the steel boned ones. Those will not bend at all. Since i have been wearing mine, it has straightened out my tummy more and the lines from the girdle digging on my sides have vanished. I have pics of me wearing the one I bought. So all Dr. C said was, the procedure wasnt for your stomach? Thats not cool, from what I see in a lot of females that go to diff PS all over the world they focus on giving them a a small waist, butt, and shape. So that kinda worries me that he will say the same. Only time will tell. Lucy actually told me that too though but IDK.
I'm not shocked at your experience with your surgeon. I think the biggest problem comes with them being too busy. I am 2 weeks post op with a tt and I barely had a total of 10 minutes with mines. Yet I expected a tab bit more out of Cortes though. I could've sworn your bottom would be bigger than that. He suppose to be the buttmaster. Maybe with time fluffing would come
I know how it is sitting on that white thing from Dr. C office!!! It's horrible... I have a desk job and when i too sit for more than 5 min my legs go dumb!!! I just cant wait to see him on the 25th so he can look at my stomach and let me know if it a seroma. When i sleep its so uncomfortable. I sure do hope things get easier for you soon!!
Back at you sweetie!
U may have a seroma that liquid built up has to be aspirated with a syringe is too big to go on its own
Sounds scary. I don't want to drive 4 hrs back to his office. I wonder if I can see a local doctor.
Use foams on your side .cut it very slim . I used that for a while and work out the best for me
Awesome. Thank you!
Reading your story makes me nervous. I just paid my balance today. I was very confident up until today but after being given the run around for THIRTY minutes while trying to PAY THEM and then reading this, I'm feeling uneasy. Ugh! Glad you're feeling better, at least!
I'm sorry to have scared you. I just wanted to share my story about my own personal experience and kind of be more realistic with what really goes on. I've seen so many positive blogs and stories but there is obviously another side to these type of surgeries. overall right now I do like my bottom, my stomach however still has a long way to go it's still very much bumpy and I can still see fluid...but it's better than it was. my inner thighs are still sore and hard but feeling much better. hopefully you will have help while you're on leave from work, and ultimately a better experience all around.
It's so important that we share our stories, so people know as much about surgery as they can. Our experiences will all be different, but if we only shared the great outcomes (like the PS's do on their websites) we would be walking into this blind...I am so thankful for what I have learned here, it helped be find a much better surgeon for my last surgery my LBL and for that I am very thankful!!!
I cancelled my surgery with them. Something didn't feel right. First my surgical price jumped up 1000.00 because I was too late locking in the price and they wouldn't make any exceptions to this rule even though I was travelling out of state. They also kept my deposit even though I cancelled well in advance. I feel Cortez is too aggressive with the lipo and too many girls got burned. Trust your instincts and compare your body type to the girls who have gotten good results. Something was nagging at me telling me he wasn't the right doctor for me. I'm sure he is the right choice for some girls, I feel things will feel right and you won't feel so stressed or something nagging at you when you have chosen the right doctor. I'm not in a position to be losing 500.00 to them for absolutely nothing but I am so so glad I cancelled, total relief.
I'm glad you went with your gut. We have to make absolutely sure that we are comfortable, and that the doctor cares about us. Good luck with your future search and keep us posted. It's unfortunate they didn't give you your deposit back, it's not like he's not making enough money as it is!
I consulted with him too and ended up going with another surgeon after reading some of these reviews. I think a woman would have to have good elasticity in her skin to snap back from the aggressive lipo he does.
Don't be sorry. I don't wanna hear all sunshine and rainbows. I'm here to hear realistic stories and develop somewhat of an idea on what to expect. I thank you for sharing yours!
Hello Jenn I'm new to RS and been wanting a BBL for a long time . I'm 43 by the way. It seems very frustrating to find a good Doctor and i had read so many good things about Dr.Cortes up to now. Now I'm not sure i wanna keep my appointment for my consultation on Wednesday. Does anyone have any advice on a good BBL doctor in Texas? Jenn thanks for posting your experience your right women need to know the good and bad. I really need to research if there are others with bad experiences with Dr.Cortes so far I have only read yours.
Wow so sorry your interaction with your surgeon has been like that...I was blessed not only to find a great surgeon but also a new friend...I guess it's just different personalities... All that really counts is how you like your new you!