Top Notch Weightloss Surgery - Houston, TX

Following a Gastric Sleeve Surgery I had lost...

Following a Gastric Sleeve Surgery I had lost almost 200 pounds leaving a large apron of skin around my midsection as well as various sagging areas on my back, sides, and groin.

My initial weightloss was 200 lbs. and left a great deal of skin to be removed and scuplted.  My surgery was going to be complicated and my status put me at higher risk of complications.  To say that Dr. L performed amazingly would be true understatement.  I'm impressed with how things look at this stage and I know it's only going to get better as I heal and my body adjusts.

Houston Plastic Surgeon

When I first considered my Lower Body Lift following extreme weightloss following a gastric sleeve operation I was given three names by my staff nutritionist. Out of the three, without a doubt, Dr. L provided me with the greatest sense of comfort and understanding concerning the procedure--especially after visiting his office and meeting his highly professional staff. The process was quick and efficient from first meeting to the surgery and I am now a full week from when the original surgery was performed. Since the surgery I have been treated with the same care and consideration they showed me when I first walked in the door. I've even had some small issues in recovery and Dr. L as well as his staff has seen me through it all. I can, therefore, only give highest praise and recommend anyone seeking a similar surgery to seek him out.

Hi JT, Thanks for your review. It sounds as if you've had amazing success with your weight loss. I hope your recovery from the body lift is going well!

I was given a great book by Dr. LoManoco about follow up surgery from bariactric procedures--he was a co-author on it. You may wish to track down a copy as it seems to be the best source material I've ever seen on the topic. There is also a TV show called "Big Medicine" which deals specifically with this topic. I do warn the show can be graphic.

From thereon, I'd offer these lesser known recommendations: purchase/pack button up shirts (so you don't have to stretch or raise arms to dress; I'd also recommend a robe for home), find high protein foods to aid your recovery (similar to foods recommended following your sleeve procedure) because that will aid the fight against visible scars, and purchase an elevated toilet seat for your home. I personally used a shoe string around my neck to hang my drains from when showering, but you should check with your doctor before doing that. They may want you to have a assistant when bathing.

Lastly, don't be afraid to contact your surgeon or staff following the procedure if you have questions. I know I had issues with my drain, at one point the drainage changed color and I got really scared. I called my surgeon at 9:40 at night and thankfully the situation was dealt with and all worries abated.

Hope this general list helps, feel free to ask for specifics.
i too had the gastric sleeve and am having the lower body lift in July. Any words of advice?