Blue Peel Done Today - Houston, TX

2 layers on the face, 2 layers on the neck and...

2 layers on the face, 2 layers on the neck and chest. Some pain/burning sensation, but, did take a valium and hyrdocodone prior to the applicaton. Also they have an air blower tube that you control that will help with heat/burning sensation.

Day one: Of course, I look like a smurf. I am slightly concerned that I have zero pain, only slight facial tightness and little, if any, swelling. I had a blue several years ago (don't remember how many layers though). I was fairly swollen,had some discomfort and facial tightness for a few days-ultimately great results. I hope this isn't a DUD application.

In case you are wondering, I had it done by a very reputable dermatologist. We will see what the next 3 or so days brings.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

This is my second blue peel. I had another one...

This is my second blue peel. I had another one several years ago-different doctor, and the results were great. Both times mine were performed by experienced, cosmetic dermatologists. 2 layers on face, neck and chest. Application was not painful per se, but did sting and burn some. They had me take a valium and a hyrdrocodone about an hour prior, so this was helpful. They also had a fan hose with cool air that I controlled to help with the burning/tingling sensation. The stinging and burning was over after the application was over, for the most part. I looked like a smurf. I took off of work for 3 days Wed-Fri so I would also have the weekend for healing and peeling. Today is Friday and I am clearly peeling-BUT- only in a few areas. There is ZERO peeling on my chest all that is there now is a slight blue tinge.My cheeks-minimal, if any, peeling, and nothing on my forehead. Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed. I took off 3 days from work for this? Even if the part that is peeling looks great, I cannot say it is worth it as the part that actually peeled, represents less than half of the area where the peel solution was applied!

Hi,

That is unfortunate that your first one went so well and you were probably expecting for this one to go the same, but did not, not fun at all. Please keep us updated of where you go from there.

Thanks for the review, enjoy your week.

-Britt

I wrote a review for this and for some reason it...

I wrote a review for this and for some reason it comes up under unregistered user. My review of the process itself is the same, but, after a few days, my face began to peel. Exactly one week later, I am able to return to work. It took a little longer than i thought to be in a condition where I could return to work. My chest never peeled (which I will talk to the doctor about) but the face turned out great! Marked improvement. I don't have acne or any issues like that mainly improvement in texture and hyper pigmentation. I am fair skinned and freckle easily. I had 2 layers done. When I called the Dr.'s office to explain my concerns when I wasn't peeling as I had expected, the dr. herself called me back-and she was out of town on vacation. I will do it again in a year or so.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Suzanne Bruce

Updated on 15 Jul 2011:
The doctor seemed rushed and distracted during my consult and my peel. Despite this dr.'s excellent rep, for me, this is never a good sign. I should have gone with my gut after the consult, but, everyone has off days and she came highly recommended, so, I proceeded. We will see how the office handles my lack of results.