Caring and Knowledgeable Professional! - Houston, TX

After losing 90 pounds, my arms had a huge amount...

After losing 90 pounds, my arms had a huge amount of excess hanging skin that needed to be removed.

Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. L is caring and knowledgeable. He always has time to talk to you and explain procedures, possible outcomes, risks, etc. I never felt hurried during any of our appointments and know that I would be able to get ahold of him within minutes if I had an emergency.

Hi there, congrats on your weight loss. I too had weight loss surgery. I have lost over 120lbs. I am very interested in having my arms done, but not sure when I should start to inquire. What did your dr say the timing of your arm surgery? I am also close to the Houston area, so I amy look into a consult with Dr. L. :)
I had my arm surgery before losing all of my weight. I know that most people discourage doing this because of the possibility of requiring a revision in the future, but my arms were so bad they would have prevented me from enjoying the summer at the pool and beach. I believe it is a very individual thing and you really need to see your plastic surgeon to make the decision. It will depend upon how much skin vs. fat is left on your arms at this point and a surgeon is the best person to evaluate that.

I am very happy that I did my arms when I did and will be even happier as summer gets here. Dr. L is the best! He is incredibly skilled and caring in all that he does and I would recommend him to anyone!

Thanks for sharing. How have you found the few days after surgery? Have you had much discomfort?

Not at all! In May of 2010 I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. I have lost 90 lbs so far and plan to lose the remaining 50 or so pounds in the next 6 months. I have absolutely no doubt that I will accomplish it. It is truly a life-changing wonderful experience and, I feel, the best of all weight loss surgeries. I eat very small amounts and don't have to worry about issues with vitamin deficiencies from malabsorption.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have, just let me know.

Oh, that's fabulous. I have a family member looking into bariatric surgery right now so I'll take all the info I can get! :) She's leaning towards gastric bypass. I have to admit though that the VSG looks appealing, not having to deal with nutrition issues so much. But then everyone is different.

If you have time, it'd be awesome if you could write a review of your sleeve gastrectomy too, for others who are considering it.

Thanks for sharing your review. Congrats on your weight loss! Do you mind me asking how you did it?