2 months post op! New pics! Was on the Fence, but Did It! - Houston, TX

When gabbing with the girls, in the last 4 years...

When gabbing with the girls, in the last 4 years or so, about elective procedures, I always said I would have a Tummy Tuck. But, I never really thought it was an actual obtainable goal. I have three boys all 5 years apart. I was in my twenties with the first two and bounced right back. The last baby was the smallest at 7 lb 10 oz. I gained 50 lbs.
I am 5' 7" and avg weight (give or take a few) is 140 lbs.

I have a coworker that had a TT about a year ago. I confided in her and told her how I always thought about it, but never too seriously. I bombarded her with questions every time I saw her. She suggested that at least I go in for a consult. So I did, then I started thinking it could really be something I could do for myself.

I "interviewed" 3 different doctor's and their staff. I went with the questions for a mini TT and/or lipo. Each Dr said that I would be happier with the results of a full TT. Each time I visited with one Dr. I came up with a list of questions for the others. So I would call back each practice and ask questions. I kept going back and forth between two. I went back and visited with them again and then pulled the trigger with a deposit. I love the practice I went with and every time I speak to them, my selection is reconfirmed.

After that, the emotions became too much and I was ready to back out and use the deposit towards botox or something else. My emotions were all over the place. I was back and forth of would I be happier with muffin-top roll or a scar. Was I being too vain? I mean, my case wasn't like any others I had seen. If I just invested in a personal trainer and hit the gym 5x a week, I could possibly get results that I wanted. But, how long would that take and how would I fit that in between work and family? I reached out to only a few people and got nothing but encouragement and positive feedback.

So here I am ...3 days post-op. So that is the short story. Everything has fallen in to place, I cannot believe it! I still have tons of emotions. My biggest fear was location of the incision due to not having a ton of skin to remove, but it seems to be okay and I look forward to it healing.

Hey! No problem- yes, I didn't have a lot, but enough to make me want a TT. I had mine done 11/15 and love getting dressed every day! If you want I can send you updated photos. I talked to my surgeon about scar location. The dr was able to go lower if I was okay with a small vertical scar too. That sounded great to me. I am pretty happy with my scar and look forward to it healing 100%.
would love to see updated pics, thanks!
but ya, i feel the same way - if it means a lower scar, by all means gimme the small vertical! lol
thx again!
Hi Jen. Stumbled upon you while browsing around here. I'm having tt on Monday and was told I might end up w a little vertical incision where old bb was because I don't have lots of skin. Is that what I see in your pics- a little vertical where your old bb was? Sorry I'm not sure how to private message or I would've done that instead of posting here lol thx!

Posting post op pics. 2 months post op- starting...

Posting post op pics. 2 months post op- starting to fee almost back to normal!

Thanks! No have not warn support garment since 6 weeks. Almost back to normal, except random tightness and numbness.
I had my surgery on the 16th Nov! Are you still wearing a spans or Flexees? I felt terrible end of day yesterday!! Your scar looks great! Great improvement overall! Congrats!
Looks very good!

Staff was amazing! Each individual I crossed paths with were very personal and comforting. I was given both the Dr and RN e-mail address for any questions at any time.