2 months post op! New pics! Was on the Fence, but Did It! - Houston, TX

When gabbing with the girls, in the last 4 years...

When gabbing with the girls, in the last 4 years or so, about elective procedures, I always said I would have a Tummy Tuck. But, I never really thought it was an actual obtainable goal. I have three boys all 5 years apart. I was in my twenties with the first two and bounced right back. The last baby was the smallest at 7 lb 10 oz. I gained 50 lbs.
I am 5' 7" and avg weight (give or take a few) is 140 lbs.

I have a coworker that had a TT about a year ago. I confided in her and told her how I always thought about it, but never too seriously. I bombarded her with questions every time I saw her. She suggested that at least I go in for a consult. So I did, then I started thinking it could really be something I could do for myself.

I "interviewed" 3 different doctor's and their staff. I went with the questions for a mini TT and/or lipo. Each Dr said that I would be happier with the results of a full TT. Each time I visited with one Dr. I came up with a list of questions for the others. So I would call back each practice and ask questions. I kept going back and forth between two. I went back and visited with them again and then pulled the trigger with a deposit. I love the practice I went with and every time I speak to them, my selection is reconfirmed.

After that, the emotions became too much and I was ready to back out and use the deposit towards botox or something else. My emotions were all over the place. I was back and forth of would I be happier with muffin-top roll or a scar. Was I being too vain? I mean, my case wasn't like any others I had seen. If I just invested in a personal trainer and hit the gym 5x a week, I could possibly get results that I wanted. But, how long would that take and how would I fit that in between work and family? I reached out to only a few people and got nothing but encouragement and positive feedback.

So here I am ...3 days post-op. So that is the short story. Everything has fallen in to place, I cannot believe it! I still have tons of emotions. My biggest fear was location of the incision due to not having a ton of skin to remove, but it seems to be okay and I look forward to it healing.

Posting post op pics. 2 months post op- starting...

Posting post op pics. 2 months post op- starting to fee almost back to normal!

Staff was amazing! Each individual I crossed paths with were very personal and comforting. I was given both the Dr and RN e-mail address for any questions at any time.

Thanks! No have not warn support garment since 6 weeks. Almost back to normal, except random tightness and numbness.
I had my surgery on the 16th Nov! Are you still wearing a spans or Flexees? I felt terrible end of day yesterday!! Your scar looks great! Great improvement overall! Congrats!
Looks very good!
Fantastic!!
Scar looks great, Jen! Gives me a great idea of where I'll be in 7 weeks. Thanks! :)

Beautiful!!

Hey! No problem- yes, I didn't have a lot, but enough to make me want a TT. I had mine done 11/15 and love getting dressed every day! If you want I can send you updated photos. I talked to my surgeon about scar location. The dr was able to go lower if I was okay with a small vertical scar too. That sounded great to me. I am pretty happy with my scar and look forward to it healing 100%.
would love to see updated pics, thanks!
but ya, i feel the same way - if it means a lower scar, by all means gimme the small vertical! lol
thx again!
Posted pic
Hi Jen. Stumbled upon you while browsing around here. I'm having tt on Monday and was told I might end up w a little vertical incision where old bb was because I don't have lots of skin. Is that what I see in your pics- a little vertical where your old bb was? Sorry I'm not sure how to private message or I would've done that instead of posting here lol thx!
I actually have seen two physicians both different opinions...I like the second physician best so I think I just need to ask for what I want...thanks and good luck...
Update! I have been busy with the holidays! I had one of the two drains removed of Wednesday. I have been getting around pretty well. I just have to get creative on how to hide the last drain. I get really tired by the end of the day and begin to feel pain on my sides and upper abdomen. I think it is fatigue and swelling.
Go see another dr! This is your choice and your body. Do your research. I thought all I needed was a mini, but each said I would not get the tightening of the abs that I was wanting. They also said that my belly button may look droopy with a mini and if I might have ended up with a "roll over" because the bottom would be tight and the upper tummy still loose.
you look really good for 3 days post-op. hope your pain is not too bad. A friend of mine was up and around the next day. A little crazy I think. I'm confused due to two different consults. both different.
Yes, all 3 docs suggested full. They said I may not be happy with the results of a mini.
you had a full?
Maumee-
I highly suggest getting your hands on a recliner. I borrowed my neighbors and have spent a major portion of the last week there. I think the back ache is the worse part. Running a close second is the burning sensation on the sides from the lipo. I was not anticipating that. My abs feel like I did a zillion crunches and the skin at the top of my tummy, right below my boobs, feels really tight. I also did not anticipate the emotional roller coaster. I had a bad day today... a few tears and feelings of when will this be over with and if I made t he right decision, but I know I did. It was also my first day without my nurse, my awesome husband.

Looking good girlie:)

You look terrific, Jen!!! We are the same height/weight (I'm 150) and our before pics are similar. Makes me feel good I"ll get decent results Jan 9th for my TT. Thanks for the review and for posting!! How are you feeling? I'm worried about sleeping sitting up and hunched over to walk, etc. Glad you are satisfied with tour result. You look fabulous!
You look great! Good for you. I think you made the right decision. I don't think you could have flattened your pre tummy without the procedure b/c it looked like mostly skin.
Dr told hubby it was mostly skin. I am very, very tight. starting to wonder if I will ever be completely upright again...j/k. I will, with time.
Wishing you a speedy and pain-free recovery. I have a ton of questions for you!!!
Recovery not so bad, more emotional than anything else.
Ask away! I was thankful I found this site. It has so much information!