Septoplasty Revision/septal Perforation Repair - Houston, TX

After basic, supposedly straightforward,...

After basic, supposedly straightforward, septoplasty in New Zealand (4/2009) I was unfortunately left with sizable septal hole/ perforation, which resulted in almost constant pain & discomfort, difficulty breathing & poor sleep. Any exercise was very stressful, due to labored breathing, which resulted in weight gain. Through internet research my wife found a world-renowned surgeon & we began communicating. After very successful 4.5 hour surgery Nov 2011, life is greatly improved & enjoyable!

who was the surgeon you went to in 2009 in new zealand?

I'm so sorry you had to deal with the perforation. I'm glad you were able to have this fixed. Thanks for sharing here on RealSelf! It's stories like yours that help others searching for information on septoplasty and septo revision.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

This is a difficult, lengthy, specialized surgery with several followup visits of varying lengths for analysis of healing, removal of stitches, review of aftercare procedures etc. Thus the high cost of a highly-trained specialist; not only with ENT credentials, but also facial plastic surgery training. I cannot submit photos or videos easily as surgical procedure was 'way up' inside my nose -- which is also 'straighter':)