Resolve One Issue, New Issues Created - Houston, TX

Well, I picked a 'top doc,' but he...

Well, I picked a 'top doc,' but he doesn't really like when you ask him questions... Kinda his way or the highway it seems. Anyway, I had a projected nose with a bump... Got rid of that, but now there is

1. A huge indention at the base of my left nostril.

2. Seems like the tip is elevated (piggish)

3. Seems swooped up

4. Has gotten wide/fat from the front. Many celebrities go under the knife just to get rid of this problem.

The reason I'm saying 'Undecided' instead of 'Not Worth it' is because my old nose was not good at all... So, I've gone from a nose that was a 0 out of 10 to a nose that is a 3 out of 10. Do not expect a perfect result. Also, the isolation period of recovery is horrific as see massive swelling and wonder if you'll ever look good. Then, there is the issue of wondering what everyone will think. So, if you are going to do this, understand that none of this is a perfect science. 78% of people were happy with their rhinoplasties... I'm in the 22% at the moment of 'not happy.' I was going to get a chin implant, too, but since that's only 51% happy, I'm too scared for that now.

Also, notice how many people get revision rhinoplasties??? There's a reason for that... new, strange issues pop up... Get rid of your current issue and create another. Also, swelling is persistent... Don't let them say it'll be gone in 2 weeks.. Maybe 70% gone in 2 weeks... Then 30% after that.

:/ look dam good to me
I can understand what you are going through 200%, as I experienced exactly the same thing and not satisfied with the outcome, even though everyone says it looks better. I had a big nose like yours. However, after the operation, I have the exact same problems as you. My nose is wider from the front, from the side it looks a bit piggish and the bridge is too small. My upper lip has become bigger and points outwards. Been 9 months and it is still is swollen. However, I do think your profile and quarter views looks much much better. Would be great to see your picture now.
I can understand what you are going through 200%, as I experienced exactly the same thing and not satisfied with the outcome, even though everyone says it looks better. I had a big nose like yours. However, after the operation, I have the exact same problems as you. My nose is wider from the front, from the side it looks a bit piggish and the bridge is too small. My upper lip has become bigger and points outwards. Been 9 months and it is still is swollen. Would be great to see your picture now.
dude, your after pics demonstrate a vastly improved nose. In size and shape.
Personally I really like the new nose. You look like a hot Israeli
I honestly think the changes are drastic in a good way. There is no a perfect result, your is VERY GOOD.

Thanks for posting your photos. Your result is dramatic in a good way. I think you look great!

I think you look really handsome now! there are always going to be imperfections like you said, but I think the rhinoplasty achieved something for you. I'm a female who underwent Rhinoplasty 2 months ago. My boyfriend says my nose looks better than before, but I feel like all I can see are imperfections and things I want to revise! In fact, sometimes I think it looks worse! So, I do know how you feel, but take it from an non-biased stranger - you look very good now and I would never think twice about your nose, whatever you might think. As I said, very handsome, don't change a thing at this point.
if it helps ... I think you are more handsome after compared to before :)
I think it looks better after opposed to before. You can tell a huge difference with nostril views. I also don't think it looks wide but hope you are dealing ok..
I think it looks good.
Bellport I agree he is handsome.
Is there anyways you could let us know of the plastic surgeon your used... or PM me. thanks =)
Well ur still a handsome guy ;) but I hope that doctor does something about that dent so u can be happier with ur results
thathoustonguy - I think the new nose looks great

Ny state of mind- I hope you are ok! I am sure it is just lots of swelling that will go away, it is your bodies way of protecting itself. 10 days is still very early and some ppl become more swollen than others and take longer for it to go down. try icing and walking around a bit to get circulation going :)
Hi, I am 10 days post op...from the front my nose was very straight and thin, profile was very long......now my profile is very pretty and small and the front is sooooooo swollen....I can't believe I so swollen, the top swelled up, the bridge did too and the tip swelled up even more.....I am so upset ;(. .....like you said, solve one issue and another one is created....when the cast came off, it was swollen then after it swelled up even more.....I can't believe a thin straight nose like mine would be this swollen and fat. ;'(. I don't want to go anymore.......have you noticed ANY type of swelling going down? I haven't yet...
I think it looks great, good luck!!!
It looks great...Much improved...
This is my first post; I generally just read others, but I waslooking at your before and after and was surprised to read that you are not 100% happy as to me the improvement looks phenomenal! I do not know how far you are post op in these photos; but I myself 7 month post op and continue to get amazed at how my nose STILL changes for the better with every month. I still like my front view less in the a.m. as my nose still gets swollen over night, and it looks its best at night or on the days I avoid salty foods. Good luck to you!
yes.. after seeing all your before and after pictures..it really doesnt look bad..actually very natural and def swollen..kp us posted...all the best!
Hey, Trent I actually love your new nose. You're still very swollen, which is understandable given the time frame since you've had the surgery. Nevertheless if you're unhappy, you should give it some time before thinking about a revision. The allotted time is a year. However, at 6 months you should be able to get a better idea of what your nose will actually look like in the long run.
I like your new nose! It makes you look younger
I think you nose fits ur face well.
Like you said you are still swollen
I must say that is a very nice change. You're still swollen from front view but nose look nice and side much much better. You look good and you'll see it will change with time. good luck .
Well, I must honestly say, that your after pictures are remarkably better than the before ones! I think it looks really good!

Kinda hard to compare the before and after from the front 'cause they are taken in completely different lightning (the before has more shadow and after has more harsh light), but from what I am seeing, it looks good.

But I do know that you may not view it in the same way since it is your face. But just as an outsider saying, I think you look really good :)
He's a top doc as far as his reputation at large. Probably why it's his way or the highway.

If I were many of you, I'd advise alar base reduction as well if he is 'deprojecting' your nose... It'll make your nose fatter if you don't.

I told him that's what I wanted but he said it'd be a game-time decision. I woke up and was very upset that that had not been done.

I may get that done later this year as there is far less recover time, but you have to do more explaining to people if you are a male because the scars are visible... But, you can put light some makeup on them to reduce visibility, even if male.

Also, part of this whole thing is the SHOCK of looking in the mirror and looking differently.... and, thinking you may have to go in for a revision.

20% of people get revisions... which means that probably 40% of people want them! So, if all goes well with your surgery, hopefully you'll end up on the good half of things.

Trent