Male Facelift, Neck Lift and Upper Eyelids - Mexicali, Mexico

I went with Dr Luque at the Hospital de la Familia...

I went with Dr Luque at the Hospital de la Familia in Mexicali. The procedure cost $4500 and I was in the hospital for two days before being sent home to Phoenix. Since having the procedure i have had difficulty breathing at night. I have developed severe sleep apnea, something I never had before. I was feeling so desperate, I bought a cpap machine on craigslist and that has allowed me to sleep. Of course, I hope I do not have to use that for too long. (Note: the doctor told me after the procedure that he had had to cut a muscle in my neck.) Since coming home I have not heard from the doctor, though I have called and emailed. He told me before I left, that I need not come back for any followup appointment. I wanted to get an idea if everything looks right and whether . I have included the pics one week post op. Thanks

before pics

I forgot to put the before pics in.

They called today

They responed today. I guess they were out on holidays.

Day 13-- feeling great

Well, the apnea has gone away and I retired my cpap machine to the closet. It feels so good to sleep well again.
Dr Juan Luque

Very happy with the work he did, so far.

Tim, hows it going. I have a small amount of residual under the chain, but still a big improvement. hope all is good! Greg
I am so happy to hear a HAPPY OUTCOME from Mexicali. I am having Surgery April 3, 2014 with Dr. Victor Ramirez and I am posting all my before and after pictures and details on Real Self. Follow my blog (s) for updates. *Very Excited* realself.com/review/mexicali-baja-california-mommy-makeover-abdominoplasty-full-tummy-tucks-full
woo hoo! you look pretty darn handsome. i'm so glad you're sleeping better. it's kind of chilling to imagine a doctor cutting a muscle... how did you find dr. luque?
If you're not to see the doctor again, who is going to remove the stitches? Are they all dissolvable? I found with even my dissolvable stitches some would pop up and I would need to have them removed.
Hello, I know what you mean. Some of the stitches are persisting after 34 days and am not sure what to do. Should I cut them off myself?
Looking good! Thanks for posting
Glad to hear your breathing is back to normal...that's scary stuff...And glad you are healing well...When you travel out of the country for surgery, the norm is that you find a local Dr. for follow ups, but for me since it was only a 6 hour drive I have gone back for my follow ups, plus my surgeon has called me on his own just to check in...
Yes indeed u look great. It took away like 15yrs u look like u r in ur late 30's now. Thank u for sharing pictures n ur experience with us.
Thank you so much. That is very encouraging!
you look great! hope everything goes back to normal soon!
Thank you! I am feeling much better!
My incisions were hidden much better. GregLaz
Please share your photos and your Doctor's name
That is great. Thanks.
Dr Drake Vincent. He has 24 hr, 1 week, and 4week follow-ups (included in price). The cash price for the Extended mini left was 6200.00, the general anesthesia 800., platysma band correction 780.00, Co2 under eye lids (he expanded to crows feet) 580.00, silicone filler 380.00. I'll add more before and after pictures soon.
Tim you do look great..I didn't mean anything negative about your incisions - they are doing fantastic. As I can grow side burns, I had to have my upper incision placed in the hair line...its all good.
Opps...'I CANNOT GROW SIDE BURNS'
Ha. No problem Greg:). Thanks for your comments. You look great in your photo. Would like to see some Before pics.
You look great! my only concern is that the doctor said you don't need follow up appointments? I just ask my PS last Friday how many many times He will see me after surgery and He said He'd like to see me for a year. Good luck and I hope that you PS get in touch with you
Thank you. I spoke to them about everything yesterday. They think the apnea will subside. So I am feeling much better overall. Thanks again.
Well, you look great, but I'm concerned about your sleep apnea and your doctor's lack of response. Could it be because of the holiday? Did he mention he'd be unreachable?

Please keep us posted as this unfolds. I hope you're able to sleep well soon!
Thank you. He did not mention that he would be unreachable, but it is possible he went away for the holiday.
Sleep apnea may be from anxiety, our entire body goes through trauma after this kind of surgery. Did the dr say why he cut a muscle in your neck and what muscle? I had severe dry eye after my surgery and was afraid it would not go away but after 4 weeks of suffering it did go away, I hope everything goes back to normal for you very soon. It is not good that the Dr does not respond to your calls and emails, thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your support. I hadn't thought of the anxiety, but no doubt, that is contributing as well.