Male Facelift, Neck Lift and Upper Eyelids - Mexicali, Mexico

I went with Dr Luque at the Hospital de la Familia...

I went with Dr Luque at the Hospital de la Familia in Mexicali. The procedure cost $4500 and I was in the hospital for two days before being sent home to Phoenix. Since having the procedure i have had difficulty breathing at night. I have developed severe sleep apnea, something I never had before. I was feeling so desperate, I bought a cpap machine on craigslist and that has allowed me to sleep. Of course, I hope I do not have to use that for too long. (Note: the doctor told me after the procedure that he had had to cut a muscle in my neck.) Since coming home I have not heard from the doctor, though I have called and emailed. He told me before I left, that I need not come back for any followup appointment. I wanted to get an idea if everything looks right and whether . I have included the pics one week post op. Thanks

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

before pics

I forgot to put the before pics in.

Well, you look great, but I'm concerned about your sleep apnea and your doctor's lack of response. Could it be because of the holiday? Did he mention he'd be unreachable?

Please keep us posted as this unfolds. I hope you're able to sleep well soon!
Thank you. He did not mention that he would be unreachable, but it is possible he went away for the holiday.
Sleep apnea may be from anxiety, our entire body goes through trauma after this kind of surgery. Did the dr say why he cut a muscle in your neck and what muscle? I had severe dry eye after my surgery and was afraid it would not go away but after 4 weeks of suffering it did go away, I hope everything goes back to normal for you very soon. It is not good that the Dr does not respond to your calls and emails, thanks for sharing.

They called today

They responed today. I guess they were out on holidays.

you look great! hope everything goes back to normal soon!
My incisions were hidden much better. GregLaz
Please share your photos and your Doctor's name

Day 13-- feeling great

Well, the apnea has gone away and I retired my cpap machine to the closet. It feels so good to sleep well again.

Tim, hows it going. I have a small amount of residual under the chain, but still a big improvement. hope all is good! Greg
I am so happy to hear a HAPPY OUTCOME from Mexicali. I am having Surgery April 3, 2014 with Dr. Victor Ramirez and I am posting all my before and after pictures and details on Real Self. Follow my blog (s) for updates. *Very Excited* realself.com/review/mexicali-baja-california-mommy-makeover-abdominoplasty-full-tummy-tucks-full
woo hoo! you look pretty darn handsome. i'm so glad you're sleeping better. it's kind of chilling to imagine a doctor cutting a muscle... how did you find dr. luque?
Dr Juan Luque

Very happy with the work he did, so far.