Horrible Outcome, Worse Than Before!

I have bags under my eyes and was just not ready...

I have bags under my eyes and was just not ready to have surgery done yet. So I went to a plastic surgeon to find out what could be done without surgery. He then told me Juvederm injected in the lower eyelid would get rid of the bags completely because he would fill in the the areas around the bags so it would be all smoothed out.

Boy was he wrong!!! It looked ok the first day but then the Juvederm "relocated" all the way from the inner corner or my eyes to past the other corner.

Now instead of just having little bags under one side of each eye I have HUGE ones ALL the way under my eyes !! Please look at my pics and do not have this procedure done under your eyes.

Dr. Jack

Because he told me that the swelling was normal and would not help me get this injection reversed.

I just had juvederm injections in my lips 48 hours ago by an extremely reputable R.N. whom I have used for permanent makeup tatooing several times with great results. I have significant bruising in my lips and one that extends below the lip line about 1/3 of an inch. I was not prepared for any bruising. I know they will eventually go away, but I am very self-conscious. I have been advised by make-up technicians that using arnica gel will speed the resolution of these bruises. Does anyone have any knowledge of this kind of bruising and how long it will last? On the day of the procedure I took two excedrin tablets, not even thinking about the injections. could this have contributed to the bruising? I was not warned about aspirin products or advised not two take them before the injections. Any one have any ideas how to heal these bruises any faster? I'm using heavy concealer, but it looks pretty bad.
Put Whitch Hazle on some cotten eye pads & lie down for @ least 20 min. Great for bruising & swelling! Willnot hurt your eyes,makes them look & feel better;)
Try some hyaluronidase (ie. Vitrase) at your derm's office (cheaper than at a PS - unless the office who botched you offers it free). Also, yes, it does last longer around the eyes. I've been stuck with a combo of very lumpy Restylane and Cosmoderm for over 2 yrs now. I finally got the Restylane portion dissolved last spring, but the Cosmoderm remains as hard lumps that I massage and it seems to be slowly flattening. (Cosmoderm is human collagen and was supposed to last less than 6 mos). Anyway, I'm currently stuck with lumpy, hard Cosmoderm & it looks like I have malar bags, to boot. (I also had the Tyndall effect when the Restylane was there.) BTW, I'm not positive on this, but I think if you had a better injector who had injected less and also injected deeply (under the muscle), you might have had a better outcome. However, I'd be very careful injecting deeply around the eyes. Think I'd have a very experienced occulaplastic do it. Nothing is worth risking the eyesight.
Has anyone tried the ultrasonic or microcurrent facials and did they help dissolve the juvederm? My laugh lines were overinjected and now I look like a chipmonk!
And you are VERY brave and I commend you for putting yourself out there just to save others from doing the same. We are all here to help one another.... someone had mentioned wanting to know other alternatives for eye bags...I have been dry brushing my facial skin for a while now....dry brushing not only exfoliates naturally but stimulates circulation and promotes thickening of the skin. Of course, you do not brush under your eye area as firm as you would the rest of your face, but doing it hard enough so that you can feel the bristles gently scraping your skin. As time progresses, you can increase intensity as your skin will become accustomed to doing this daily. It doesn't take very long...just 5 minutes or so for the whole face. Feels great too!! I know several people that have really smoothed out their under eye area from bags and wrinkles with this method (as well as a less lined face). Mind you, this takes several weeks sometimes a few months to achieve and you typically go through a period of where it will look worse before it gets better....I use a regular toothbrush for my facial brushing....and of course, make sure what ever brush you use that it is used DRY!! But any way...you can google dry brushing and find a wealth of info on it.....
I could not agree with you more. I should have done my homework first, but the doctor who injected me told me he`d done this a million times (and even showed me before and after pictures with fantastic results), so dump me I trusted him. Just glad this stuff is not permanent.... BTW does anyone know a good plastic surgeon in Alabama?
Hi there. I was reading your older posts and wondering if you ever got resolution as it's been over a year since your last post. Actually, I have a look similar to your photos but got botox at the same time as my filler (restylane) and am pretty sure that the undereye bulge is NOT filler but herniated fat resulting from botox placed too close to the eye area (in my "elevens" and crowsfeet), which is why having hyaluronidase did no good. Would be curious as to whether you ever got botox and whether you ever had resolution of the eye bags after your treatment. Hope you're doing well.
Juvederm around the eyes does last longer than most areas... If you do a bit of homework about Juvederm you will find that highly vascularized areas such as the lips (which we use movement wise moreso than the under-eyes), Juvederm does not last as long and any good derm will clearly state this. Eyes are not moving in such a way (and don't have nearly the same vascularization that the mouth does) so therefore last longer in that area. NL's last longer than the lips because the movement and vascularization is different than the lips as well. My derm stated this to me right up front and I was getting absolutely nothing done with eyes or lips. He also stated that he doesn't recommend it even under the eyes because it's too risky and good results are very hard to achieve.... All in all, I think with the amount of problems that seem to occur with Juvederm under the eyes, people are absolutely crazy to get this stuff in that area. I do really sympathize with your plight, but just a tiny bit of snooping on the net and people would realize that the outcome of Juvederm injections under the eyes is more times a miss than a hit...something I myself would never risk. I scoured every inch of the net before I decided to get my injections in my NL's...it is better to be safe than sorry....
To those who complain about the business side of things: It may come as a shock to you but doctors are in a business and not charity work. Just like you research a washer and dryer you buy, you should research a procedure you are asking someone to perform on you. As you probably recall, there was a piece of paper you signed you agreed to all and any complications of this procedure. It's called informed consent. Read it. I sympathize with people who had a bad outcome but at some point personal responsibility fairy should tap on your forehead and say "Hello".
I never signed an informed consent form. I went to a very well known dermatologist. I did check out the procedure first, but you doctors would never admit to bad outcomes, this might lessen your production.
I think these docs who don't admit that they have had bad outcomes should be taped on the head first. The before and after pics turned out to be Allergan stock fotos. I never signed a consent form, should I sue now?
I have Juve bags now too. I cannot find another doc to fix it. They don't want to get involved with another doctors mess.
I had WAY too much zyplast collagen injections about 21 yrs ago & am still having horrible exsperienes from it. It says in small print that it can cuase cysts @ each injection sight,which cuases drainage under the skin(where the cyst & noduales are) It also cuases (R.S.C.G.D.)-Rapid Skin Cell Growth Disease !!!All collagen injections say the same thing,so does Juvaderm! Stay away from them ALL!! PLEASE! I am trying to get the word out to everyone. I will go on talk shows asap. Soon as I get over this last bout, again. I a misserable & it has ruined my life!
Doctors are only concerned with the money. I know, I work in a doctors office. All they care about is daily "production". Get them in ,get the money and on to the next walking dollar.
Yes, I think so too, but it has been 1 year now and it still looks the same..... I wonder if the juvederm lasts longer under the eyes or not. Thanks!
It has horrible risk(read the small print) & don,t think"It won't happen to me) Please stay away from the junk!
i think the proplam is with ur doctor not with Juvéderm. but don't worry it's will become normal in time
Thank you for your reply, I am glad you`ve found a doctor who knows what he is doing! It has been 1 year now since I was injected and it still looks like the picture I posted. Thanks for all your help and support, guys!
How is it going with the under eyes? I am dealing with the same problem. Juvederm too superficial in the tear troughs.

Did you have it dissolved? Has it gone away yet?
I am sorry for your poor results and the stress of having to deal with the matter. I had asked about having the bags under my eyes removed, though was told what I instead required was a filler and was told Restylane would work. I had this injected into the top layer of the skin rather than into the underlying deeper tissues and indeed the results have been very good and there has been no movement of the filler itself. I had later gone to another doctor (for convience sake) and he had done some deep injections, those these have given the area a somewhat translucent and darkened look, though it's really not all that bad. In the future, I'll instead be going back to the fellow that had done the original work, as he really seems to be better at doing his job. I hope that time will soon make your condition better.
You all need to read the fine print & know these injections,Juvedern& Collagen,Both have horrible side effects, it cuases Cysts & rapid skin cell growth disease, a build up of skin tissue that hardens like calluses,making it harder to get the junk out from under your skin, with the help of "EFUDUX" You can get it from your reg. Dr. A Dermotologist won't help becuase they make $ on it & don't want clients to know.
the second doctor I went to said he could not do anything because he did not know exactly where it was placed!
You can have it removed by a doctor (hopefully a different one!) using 18G needle, pricking the skin and squeezing it out. Sound dramatic but it works.You will have a week or 2 of bruising but it's better than waiting up to 6 months for it to resolve, since it is a relatively immobile area - compared to NLF or lips. Dissolving doesn't always render best results.
Apply by gently tapping on "Efudux". A cream you can get from your reg.Dr. Maybe even dilute it with a mild cream. It will take your good cells & atack the bad ones. Gently remove w/ a cotton ball after leaving it on while you sleep. Saturate the cotton ball with saline & a very mild face soap,Physoderm soap, does not burn. Please don't scrub,as you will be tempted to try & hurry it up. Those injections cuase CYST,NODUALES & Rapid Skin Cell Growth disease. The cyst have a drainage which collects under your skin. The sooner you get rid of the injected spots the better. If left untreated can turn into CANCER! Please Beware & good luck. Sincerely
I know how you feel!