Two Weeks Post Op from Brow Lift, Upper and Lower Eyelid, Mouth Corners - Honolulu, HI

I'am exactly two weeks post op today. I'am a young...

I'am exactly two weeks post op today. I'am a young 53 year old women. i choose to have eye surgery to remove the heavy skin that covered my lid along with the bags under my eyes and my downturned mouth corners. My surgeon suggest the Brow Lift. after many discussion I choose the open brow lift after reading everything available on all procedures.

It is the gold standard still and really the only way to guarantee it will last and not need to be repeated. I was worried about the actual procedure and the large incision from ear to ear, but trusted the opinion from my surgeon who said i would not get the results I wanted with the endoscopic. So here I come to the outcome and wish I knew beforehand. First off this is a painful procedure and I'm far from recovered. If i had to work I would not be able to at this point. I have stopped the pain pills and have no bruising, my forehead and eyes are still swollen and numb from my eyes back to the incision, with far more numbness on one side. it is a very strange feeling indeed. I can go out but do not feel normal due to the sensation in my head. I have been reassured this is common and the nerves come back to life over the next few months. what I experience after surgery was a incredibly tight band feeling around my head, very swollen and bruised eyes and major migraine headache throughout the last 2 weeks. I was given Hydrocodone for pain but asked for a stronger prescription of percocet 4 days post op. I slept on my back with my head elevated at 45 degree angle for 10 days plus I ice packed my forehead and eyes every hour for the first three days and used cold compresses of salt water solution on my eyelids. I believe if I had only down my eyes and mouth recovery would have been a breeze but i would not have gotten the full results. At this point I can tell I will be very happy with the final results....I look completely natural now with no" startled deer in the headlights" look I have seen so often in before and after pics! My suggestion is be ready for surgery! I had a ice cooler next to my bed with my cold saline water my cool eye gel masks and iced peas with a bag of clean ice to add to my water bottle I keep by my bed.

I had a auto hot water pot to make tea or soup in my room and crackers to take medication. I'm very self sufficient and strong but I suggest you really do have someone with you the first 3 days to monitor your pills and prepare food, but mainly for moral support because it is scary the first 3 days with all the swelling,pain and weird sensations in your head. Be prepared for a longer recovery then you have been told and do not plan anything for the first 2 weeks....i'm happy to address any question and will post my progress very week to keep you up to date on my recovery

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

I would have like to have seen my surgeon at my post op instead of just the nurse who removed my under eye stitches. I did not see my surgeon until visit number 3 when my staples where removed.