Hyperpigmentation & Freckles - Honolulu, HI

Yesterday afternoon I had my AFT Photofacial. Part...

Yesterday afternoon I had my AFT Photofacial. Part 2/3 of my treatment plan. I am Japanese and part Irish, so I have freckles that seem "out of place" here in Hawaii where Asians mostly have "non-freckling" skin. So, I took to this treatment to reduce my freckles and look a little more "in place" Japanese. Normally, back home on the east coast (around more Irish descent) it's part of a normal process of having freckles after the summer and watching them fade in the winter. Nope, not Hawaii (it's always summer here). And even though I tan nicely;- I was still warned by a dermatologist to treat my skin like I'm pale Irish because I freckle (I'm more at risk for skin cancer among darker skin tones)
Plus, I have 1 larger hyperpigmentation spot that I don't find endearing;- really want it gone...so AFT after my Pixel treatment last month.
This AFT/IPL is almost nothing in the pain department compared to Pixel. And, It was speedy (like something that can be done on a lunchbreak). Right after treatment- some smaller spots flaked off with a quick swipe of a powder puff. I went out to dinner a few hours later with makeup on to hide the "coffee ground" freckles poppin' off my face in high contrast. This morning, my skin looks less red (Using Skin Medica products left from Pixel again) and it looks TIGHT and pores tighter too.
Posting a photo of the "Coffee ground" face look today. Will update later. No complaints so far. They said they'd check up on me Friday. I'm lookin forward to seeing the results.

Honolulu Med Spa

Did you end up happy with your results and what percentage of your spots did you feel it diminished? Did you do more like a series? I have sensitive Asian skin as well and was unsure about getting one of these due to being prone to hyperpigmentation.

Whoa! Looks like the freckles on your cheeks are gone! Does it look that way in real life too, or just in the picture?

Thanks for posting a picture! I have to say, I think your freckles are cute! I'm Irish too, so I'm a bit fond of them...but I know how it is when you just plain aren't comfortable with something about yourself - so with that in mind, may they fade away for you. :)

It sounds like you are handling the healing pretty well! Please keep us posted on what you see as your skin continues to heal.

P.S. Lucky to be living in Hawaii!!!! :)

Your skin looks amazing! I want to do this too, but I surf and I'm afraid I won't be able to go in the sun after the procedure and waste money. Any comments?