Mommy Makeover Changed my Life - Honolulu, HI

I am a 37 year old mother of 2 amazing sons. I...

I am a 37 year old mother of 2 amazing sons. I have never felt comfortable in my own skin, as they say. Then, when my marriage fell apart and I met the true love of my life, I simultaneously became crippled by my insecurities. I had only thought of myself as a mother for so many years that when I was required to consider myself as a woman, I was literally consumed by my poor self image. I was forced to recognize that I did not participate in things that showed any part of my body. I put so much energy into hiding what I thought were my terrible flaws that I was unable to nurture my mind and my soul.

I never ate the fun food and I exercised 5 days a week and just couldn't make the changes I was working toward. Then, a friend who had breast implants years ago gave me the best advice. She said that if I knew that surgery would change my life, I had to do it. She understood that I was not seeking perfection, I was seeking liberation.

That afternoon, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Schlesinger. I honestly didn't expect sincerity and compassion from the surgeon. I left the office stunned that he had been so genuine and caring with me. He heard what I said, and understood what I meant, and gave his full effort to help set me free.

I am writing this 3 1/2 months post op and I...

I am writing this 3 1/2 months post op and I couldn't be happier with my results. Everyone who is considering this procedure should be told repeatedly, as I was by Dr. Schlesinger, that this is one of the few procedures that don't show results for some time. Most if not all of my swelling is gone, and my measurements show that this incredible doctor removed 41 inches from my frame, and counting. I feel great! Stronger, more healthy and more confident than ever, I no longer have to devote any portion of my time to hiding the parts of my body that I once felt so ashamed of. Dr. Schlesinger has been so thoughtful and informative during all my follow-ups that I always knew that I was on the road to my new self.
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Schlesinger after having consultations with other Doctors. The moment I met him I knew that he was the one I could trust without hesitation. I first met with Dr. Schlesinger because I wanted to live the rest of my life without the crippling insecurities that consumed so much of my energy. The moment I met him, I knew that he was sincerely invested in helping me overcome these struggles. He was honest about the expected results and optimistic that he could give me what I was hoping for. The results of his work have changed my life. For the first time in my entire life, I love my body. I am proud of the way I look. The incredible results from the Liposuction to my abdomen, thighs,waist, and butt have literally set me free from the debilitating insecurities I once had. Dr. Schlesinger is amazing.

Thanks for your doctor testimonial. To add your review to the mommy makeover community, we need to know more about YOU! Why did you want a Mommy Makeover? What was your recovery like? What are some pros and cons of the procedure?

I look forward to reading more of your story!