Breast Revision Due to CC - Honolulu, HI

I just had a breast revision on 11/9/2012, due to...

I just had a breast revision on 11/9/2012, due to a capsular contracture on left breast. Day 4 and I feel great! They look great!

Always had scar tissue build up on left breast. PS would squeeze the heck out of popping it, making it feel nice a soft again...till it got firm again. Got tired of doing this over and over again.

Had saline implants from 2000. Decided to switch them to silicone gel. It feels a bit heavier than I expected and it feels more natural. I went from 250cc to 304cc. Looks nice and firm.

Doctors appointment this morning to remove drainage on left underarm. Yeah, can't wait.

I'm glad you're pleased with your results and hoping CC is a thing of the past for you. Thanks for sharing on RealSelf!

Update 11/14/2012 Appointment went well. ...

Update 11/14/2012
Appointment went well. Drainage still on till Friday, 11/16. I would rather have fluids drain out instead of in me somewhere.

I've gained 3 pounds since my surgery. No activity for 4 to 6 weeks. This is quite hard for me to do. I go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week...free weights, cardio, zumba, yoga, foam roller. I can't even go on the treadmill. Not to mention my everyday housewife duties.

How do you recover without gaining any weight? I am hoping this is just water gain.

Any suggestions?
I forgot to mention that the doctor inserted a strattice on my left implant, which reinforces weak tissue following my capsule resection.

Update 11/16/2012 Drain under left arm removed....

Update 11/16/2012
Drain under left arm removed. Ouch! Looks good. Daily massage 3x a day.

Update 11/19/2012
Noticed that left breast is larger than right. Not sure if its still swollen. I can see the difference when raising both arms. Called PS office to let them know that I was very concern. Nursed said that it was too soon, 10 days post op. Still recovering. Nursed asked if I wanted to come in for her to check or I could wait for next appointment. Decided to recovery and wait for next appointment.

Update 11/30/2012
3 weeks post op. Left breast still looks the same. I am very worried. They looked good the day I went in to remove the drain. Then after...don't know what happened.

Update 3/17/2013 I developed bottoming out on...

Update 3/17/2013

I developed bottoming out on my left breast, whiched was revised with a capsulorrhaphy on 3/6/2013. PS was apologetic at the outcome of my left breast and I was happy he fixed the problem.

First week of recovery was painful. Took pain pill as needed. I was actually bedridden for 5 days.

Pain and swelling is at minimal. Pain pill as needed. I can start massaging left breast in upward motion, due to internal sutures on bottom of pocket.

Light house cleaning. No pulling or lifting 5 lbs or more for 8 weeks. I can start exercising at 8 weeks, but will wait till the first week of June. I am to wear an underwire bra 24/7 for 6 months, which I don't mind at all. Wearing the bra will help with the healing process.

Breast looks so much better!
Hi Ewagal, I wanted to see how your revision is going since you had a capsulectomy with Strattice. I am about to get the same and would like to hear how things are now that you are 4 months post op. Thanks!

Not happy

Not happy with the results of my replacement implants from saline to silicone. My left breast bottomed out, which resulted in a capsulorrapy. Then soon after, my right breast developed capsular contracture.

Left breast is nice and soft. I do from time to time feel pain under my arms and under my breast, where the stiches are. Right breast sits higher and is firmer due to the contracture. Pain whenever I'm squeezing it.

It's been 8 months with the revision, almost 5 months with one correction and probably another in the future. Been recovering more than actually enjoying them. Having to wear an underwire bra 24/7 for the left breast is a bit of a hassle.

PS prescribed Singular, which will hopefully help soften the contracture. To date, it has soften a little. PS said I should give it at least 6 more months to see result.

It does not look promising. I still see the difference. More so when I'm not using a bra. I just want to remove them and not have to worry about future complications.

I should have just had them explanted.

Oh well, lesson learned.
Who was your doctor ? We need to know , we're considering surgery in Hawaii
Dr. Shim Ching
Hello. I'm from Hawaii too and looking to get a revision. If I may ask, which doctor did you go to??

Website and referral.