Breast Revision Due to CC - Honolulu, HI

I just had a breast revision on 11/9/2012, due to...

I just had a breast revision on 11/9/2012, due to a capsular contracture on left breast. Day 4 and I feel great! They look great!

Always had scar tissue build up on left breast. PS would squeeze the heck out of popping it, making it feel nice a soft again...till it got firm again. Got tired of doing this over and over again.

Had saline implants from 2000. Decided to switch them to silicone gel. It feels a bit heavier than I expected and it feels more natural. I went from 250cc to 304cc. Looks nice and firm.

Doctors appointment this morning to remove drainage on left underarm. Yeah, can't wait.

Update 11/14/2012 Appointment went well. ...

Update 11/14/2012
Appointment went well. Drainage still on till Friday, 11/16. I would rather have fluids drain out instead of in me somewhere.

I've gained 3 pounds since my surgery. No activity for 4 to 6 weeks. This is quite hard for me to do. I go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week...free weights, cardio, zumba, yoga, foam roller. I can't even go on the treadmill. Not to mention my everyday housewife duties.

How do you recover without gaining any weight? I am hoping this is just water gain.

Any suggestions?

Update 11/16/2012 Drain under left arm removed....

Update 11/16/2012
Drain under left arm removed. Ouch! Looks good. Daily massage 3x a day.

Update 11/19/2012
Noticed that left breast is larger than right. Not sure if its still swollen. I can see the difference when raising both arms. Called PS office to let them know that I was very concern. Nursed said that it was too soon, 10 days post op. Still recovering. Nursed asked if I wanted to come in for her to check or I could wait for next appointment. Decided to recovery and wait for next appointment.

Update 11/30/2012
3 weeks post op. Left breast still looks the same. I am very worried. They looked good the day I went in to remove the drain. Then after...don't know what happened.

Update 3/17/2013 I developed bottoming out on...

Update 3/17/2013

I developed bottoming out on my left breast, whiched was revised with a capsulorrhaphy on 3/6/2013. PS was apologetic at the outcome of my left breast and I was happy he fixed the problem.

First week of recovery was painful. Took pain pill as needed. I was actually bedridden for 5 days.

Pain and swelling is at minimal. Pain pill as needed. I can start massaging left breast in upward motion, due to internal sutures on bottom of pocket.

Light house cleaning. No pulling or lifting 5 lbs or more for 8 weeks. I can start exercising at 8 weeks, but will wait till the first week of June. I am to wear an underwire bra 24/7 for 6 months, which I don't mind at all. Wearing the bra will help with the healing process.

Breast looks so much better!

Not happy

Not happy with the results of my replacement implants from saline to silicone. My left breast bottomed out, which resulted in a capsulorrapy. Then soon after, my right breast developed capsular contracture.

Left breast is nice and soft. I do from time to time feel pain under my arms and under my breast, where the stiches are. Right breast sits higher and is firmer due to the contracture. Pain whenever I'm squeezing it.

It's been 8 months with the revision, almost 5 months with one correction and probably another in the future. Been recovering more than actually enjoying them. Having to wear an underwire bra 24/7 for the left breast is a bit of a hassle.

PS prescribed Singular, which will hopefully help soften the contracture. To date, it has soften a little. PS said I should give it at least 6 more months to see result.

It does not look promising. I still see the difference. More so when I'm not using a bra. I just want to remove them and not have to worry about future complications.

I should have just had them explanted.

Oh well, lesson learned.

Website and referral.

Who was your doctor ? We need to know , we're considering surgery in Hawaii
Dr. Shim Ching
Hello. I'm from Hawaii too and looking to get a revision. If I may ask, which doctor did you go to??
Dr. Shim Ching
Hi EMN13808, do you have a story about your first BA ? I'm in Hawaii too looking for an excellent surgeon to do my revision. Was your first one done in Hawaii ? What Doctor ? Do tell , we all need to know the ones that arnt so good !!
Glad I cancelled my consultation with him , I did because he had less than 20yrs experience. So sorry your not happy, keep talking to let people know.
Hi Ewagal, I wanted to see how your revision is going since you had a capsulectomy with Strattice. I am about to get the same and would like to hear how things are now that you are 4 months post op. Thanks!
Capsulectomy revision (11/2012) with strattice resulted in a capsulorrapy (3/2013). So far it's been good. It looks way better. Although, I do have pain under my arm and under the breast where PS stitched. I have some rippling, which I think is the strattice. Recovery is longer. I have to wear an underwire bra 24/7. I have to shower with it and I have to lay on my back when changing. It's to help with the healing. I developed capsular contracture on my right breast. Not happy with how they look..left nice and soft..right sits higher and is firm. I'm going to give it a few more months. If I see no improvements, I am probably going to remove them to avoid future complications. Good luck to you!
I am confused. Is the strattice in the breast with CC or the one that bottomed out? It sounds like its in the one that bottomed out and you still have CC in the other? I just read your update too so is probably adding to my confusion...
Sorry for the confusion. Back in November 2012, I had a revision done, replacing implants from saline to silicone, due to cc on my left breast. Strattice was inserted to reinforce weak tissues in my left breast. Couple months later, left breast with strattice bottomed out. Another surgery in March 2013 to fix that problem. Then soon, after, my right breast developed cc.
My goodness you have been through the wringer!! If my capsulectomy with strattice doesnt work I too am going to think long and hard about explanting! I REALLY hope the Singulair works for you- I am wishing you the best!
Hello...sorry it took me this long to reply. You probably had your revision by now. Dr. Shim Ching is the plastic surgeon I went to. If I had could turn back the hands of time, I would have gone back to the first doctor, Dr. Guido Lozada. Dr. Lozada only uses saline implants. Reason I didn't go back to him is because I wanted a younger doctor. Because of his reviews, I choose him. To date, I am still not happy with the results. Left breast is soft. Sits nicely. I do from time to time feel pain. I don't like how the nipple area healed. It's the way Dr. Ching sutured it. It looks deformed. The right side is higher and has cc. I have to wear underwire bra 24/7. If I don't, you can really tell...lopsided. Dr. Ching know that I want to remove them. As of now, I have the time to remove them, but no time for recovery, which is about 4/6 weeks.
Sorry for the reply. Dr, Shim Ching is the plastic surgeon. I choose him because of his good reviews. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would go back to the first ps, Dr. Guido Lozada. To date, I am still not happy with the results. Left breast is soft. Sits nicely. I do from time to time feel pain. I don't like how the nipple area healed. It's the way Dr. Ching sutured it. It looks deformed. The right side is higher and has cc. I have to wear underwire bra 24/7. If I don't, you can really tell...lopsided. Dr. Ching know that I want to remove them. As of now, I have the time to remove them, but no time for recovery, which is about 4/6 weeks.
Thanks for sharing your story, please tell us more and can you post pictures ? Yea when I had my areola lift done ,by another doctor, it looked like Frankenstein !! Yikes !! And my pocket was made too large so my breast on one side fell to the side when I lay down . What's wrong with these Doctors ?? We pay so Much for the surgery and have to put all our trust in them and the results suck !! What protection is their against this being done ? We are not lab rats to be tested on !!!! I'm sooo glad you posted this !! People need to know ! This site is helpful !!
Sorry no pictures. Too embarrassing to show. I also went to him cause a relative had gotten her ba from him. Her too had to go back to redo one of her implants. After I had mentioned about my mishap then she tells me about hers...yikes...red flag. Dr. Ching is very concerned about me not being happy about the results. Unfortunately, things do happen. Have any of you...Blutee, scrappy37, emn13808...found a good ps and had your revisions?
I havnt had my revision yet , I want to be sure to pick an EXCELLENT Doctor, I'm gonna keep reading results here to see who I choose, possibly may do it out of state. I want it done right the first time !!
I forgot to mention that the doctor inserted a strattice on my left implant, which reinforces weak tissue following my capsule resection.

I'm glad you're pleased with your results and hoping CC is a thing of the past for you. Thanks for sharing on RealSelf!