Horrible Scars and No One Cared

I did Lifestyle lift in the Beverly Hills office...

I did Lifestyle lift in the Beverly Hills office about three months ago. The procedure was very painful. I ended up with terrible scarring. And on top of that, I do not see any major change.

I did not see the doctor after surgery. Some one who was not a doctor took my stitches out. I felt I was rushed. The same way I felt even before my surgery.

A month later, I keep requesting to see a doctor. Eventually after an hour wait he came in and said the scars would be ok and did not give enough chance to explain myself.

It has been few months and scars are not even slightly better. I was searching this site and came across some one raving about Dr {edited}. I went to see him in his Beverly Hills office last week. I was crying during my consultation. He was so compassionate. Dr {edited} felt so bad for me and promised to fix my scars for free. I saw couple of people in his waiting room that had surgery with him. They looked great and the incision line was so hidden (nothing like mine). I wished I looked at this site before and went to Dr {edited} instead.

Editor note: you must be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. Readers should click on your username to reach the private contact form.

I wish a doctor felt bad for me when another butchered my nose.
I wish I had a doctor that felt sorry for me I got butchered by a doctor too a very bad nose job and on top of it my left nostril drips.
Thank you defiantly not getting one.
To "Nurse Annette": Doesn't surprise me that an "RN" (which is probably a lie) would attack another RN, as it is well known.. "nurses eat their young". It seems you cannot even read & correctly understand what I said here, let alone give sound advice; what I wrote was my honest comment of MY EXPERIENCE...NOT YOURS! Like I said, the girl was "non-medical" (NOT A NURSE, NON AN AID, nothing!)...she could not even get the head gear on straight let alone do the simple procedure of removing sutures! She clipped/cut my skin! you moron...and she totally missed removing a suture! I don't give a SH!# who normally does the suture removal...after that experience...I will insist it be the surgeon! It's 2 minutes to do it! FURTHER, how dare you say I don't "sound" like a "real nurse"...your just another b!#ch trying to look superior...which you are far far from being. I'm sure your friends tell you what you want to hear as from your attitude it is clear no one crosses YOU! Angry..only at you and the idiot who couldn't get her head gear straight and cut my face! Your a nasty person who shouldn't have patient let contact as you long long long ago lost your compassion, if you ever had any (which I doubt)! As for the LifeStyleLift (LSL).....WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND IT! HUGE MISTAKE! SERIOUSLY QUESTION ANY ONE WHO USES TV TO ADVERTISE THEIR PRACTICE OR PROCEDURES! So FO!
ent's were the first doctors to do facial reconstruction. google dr. howard gillies.
ent's were the first doctors to do facial reconstruction. google dr. harold gillies.
Reconstructive surgery took off during WWI, due to the horrific injuries many of the soldiers suffered...yes, ENT's the first, as I think it was decades later that the specialty of Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery was accepted as a legitimate area of requiring special training
I am sorry to say but he did do a bad job. My sister had it done in Florida and hers turned out great. Her scars are so thin and tiny, you can't see them and see looked 10 to 15 years younger. I would take your doctor to court and if you win get another doctor to repair your scars because they do look jagged.
@retasue47 - are you a poser for LSL? Why do you feel the need to put in every post about your sister's " great LSL", especially for people with bad experiences. Rather insensitive of you, and only seems to serve LSL. Just wondering.
@lovelylady Maybe she puts it in because people who have busy lives don't have time to read every single post to find out background info and this is quicker and easier. I had a GREAT LSL and I am thrilled with it and your comment to her is way out of line. I'm not a poser for LSL but I've got nothing but praise for them, the result I got and my excellent surgeon. Facts are facts and you aren't "just wondering" you are accusing her of being a liar with no proof or reason and attempting to cover it up by saying "insensitive". Shame on you.
@limobarbie, I have been on this forum for enough years to notice when something seems 'not quite right'? When does someone who hasn't even had the procedure take to the boards so frequently to mention "their sister's" great results..... and YES - HER REMARKS ARE INSENSITIVE. If your friend tells you about something bad that happened to them, do you compare how great "your sister's" experience was to theirs ? The advice to go to another Doctor = good, commenting on ''sister's'' 10 to 15 years improvement at the same time = insensitive, almost mean.
Wow, I posted twice and you are attacking me because I said I was sorry hers didn't turn out well but my sister's was great. That I would sue if I was her because it shouldn't look like as I have evidence being my sister's lift how it is suppose to look. I didn't know nobody was allow to comment unless they had something bad to say. You are a very rude person. Yes, there are bad doctors everywhere but one thing my sister did was investigate her doctor before going to him. My girlfriend went to a regular plastic surgeon as you would say and the work she had done turned out terrible but since we weren't talking about the regular plastic surgery procedures I didn't mention her. It all depends on what doctor you go to and as far as being insensitive, you are the one that is so very rude and full of hate.
Thank you for speaking up to that very rude woman.
TO ALL: Everyone's situation (face & skin) is different & unique, each surgeons experience & training may vary widely. As a health care professional who's worked on a reconstructive floor as well as a burn unit, I would warn against personal "friend" or "family" recommendations as the "be all" confirmation that you will experience the same positive results. Research the procedure your surgeon recommends for you, get second opinions (3rd & 4th if needed), find out what others have had go wrong or have gone right with the procedure and physician. Ask about possible problems you could have from the procedure. Look up disciplinary records w/ the State of (fill in the blank) Medical Licensing Board to see if the doctor you may be deciding to use has had patient complaints or malpractice issues. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!...after all...IT IS YOUR PRECIOUS FACE! Further, I would do the least invasive procedures (least risk) that will get the results you are after. Many women are just going overboard w/ "fillers" and "Botox" and "Lifts"...I recommend going to surgeons specifically that work on the "face" and that as the only area they do. They usually have better & more refined skills pertaining to facial procedures. At my age (over 55) I stay away from "cutting"...I go for "Thermage" which is a radio frequency based treatment to tighten the skin & build up collagen within the skin. That combined w/ fat transfer & peels (professionally done) has brought me some good results...but it's also about the skill level of the practitioner. Chat with them and get a real feeling for who they are and how professionally the treat their patients...then give yourself time to assimilate what you have learned and make an INFORMED DECISION! Watch out for "verbal promises" as some groups/physicians & nurses will tell you just about ANYTHING to get your money! The most expensive surgeon to the least expensive doesn't guarantee either way you'll be happy with your results. Also ask yourself what is it you really are trying to achieve as when you go in for consultation, you will undoubtedly be offered additional more expensive additional surgeries. You want to look like yourself...just turn back the clock a bit. Going for drastic change is a big mistake...multiple procedures in one day...not good. Your made of living tissue, not plastic....so find a surgeon who sees you as a person and respects you and doesn't try to push you into more surgery/procedures than you are comfortable with. Think it over...carefully! Do not let anyone pressure you to sign a contract or schedule surgery on the spot! Hope this is helpful!
And FURTHER...have a good & thorough physical before undergoing any surgery. Blood pressure in check, good cardiovascular health, no issues with diabetes, no blood dyscrasias/abnormalities...all health issues addressed, treatment history, past complications can drastically effect how you heal! To lie to the doctor & staff is just fool-hearty and very dangerous. Be in the best health you can before going for any procedure. Know your drug allergies and be honest about your health & medications (even herbals & supplements).
To: "Lovelylady" I whole heartedly AGREE with YOU! And even after the lift...... :bimbobarbie" is no beauty! We all know the saying, "One thing you can't hide it when your crippled inside"...and she has an internal "limp"..
Although I think this is very good advice, I did do the homework. My doctor was a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that had no disciplinary actions against him. All I wanted was to have my chin and jowls tightened, but for $13,107, I got neither. And Lifestyle Lift will not give me a refund. I couldn't find an attorney that will even take the case, because it is fixable with further surgery. But I don't have any more money for corrective surgery. I really can't stress enough, for those who had bad surgeries, to file a complaint with the BBB in Utah and ask your state's Attorney General to investigate Lifestyle Lift for false and misleading advertising. FL and NY both sued and were awarded with $300,000 each. If more people complain, then the company can't continue to ignore us.
Yes I know how difficult it can be to find a good attorney willing to take on your case. For me to get a credible attorney I'd have to go to the "attorney referral line" here in Southern California and pay a relatively small fee of #35. Fixable doesn't really explain it to me as to why an attorney wouldn't want the case...maybe expand your search. BBB is a good place to start. $13, 000 is a huge amount of money. Chin Strap area...my area of concern too! Best to you!
PS: I know the medical boards won't say anything against an MD unless it's gone to the "disciplinary stage"...they don't want to be sued (The State Medical Board doesn't)..so they're limited as to what they can publish or say against a physician.
I don't like the idea of being helpless. Lets all post our results on the viral media. If we all do it, at least we can put a dent in their squeaky clean reputation.
Thanks, I'll try the BBB. That attorney also told me that juries weren't sympathetic about facelifts. Did I miss something here? It's not about the type of surgery, it's about what was done to us. With his kind of thinking then all elective surgery would fall into that category. So if people have their tubes tied, a mastechtomy, etc., then did they also get what they deserved? Wake up world!
Don't go there if they do not have board certified facial plastic surgeons. ENT docs don't fit the bill.
I did go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and ended up with a bad Lifestyle Lift, so don't think that they are the answer.
I got the same scarred and lumpy ears!
How exactly can I b contacted privately regarding the Dr. in Beverly hills that helped? I go to LA quite often. I would love to have his name. Maybe there is hope for me after all. Click on my username? I tried that but nothing happened! help! Please