Horrible Scars and No One Cared

I did Lifestyle lift in the Beverly Hills office...

I did Lifestyle lift in the Beverly Hills office about three months ago. The procedure was very painful. I ended up with terrible scarring. And on top of that, I do not see any major change.

I did not see the doctor after surgery. Some one who was not a doctor took my stitches out. I felt I was rushed. The same way I felt even before my surgery.

A month later, I keep requesting to see a doctor. Eventually after an hour wait he came in and said the scars would be ok and did not give enough chance to explain myself.

It has been few months and scars are not even slightly better. I was searching this site and came across some one raving about Dr {edited}. I went to see him in his Beverly Hills office last week. I was crying during my consultation. He was so compassionate. Dr {edited} felt so bad for me and promised to fix my scars for free. I saw couple of people in his waiting room that had surgery with him. They looked great and the incision line was so hidden (nothing like mine). I wished I looked at this site before and went to Dr {edited} instead.

Editor note: you must be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. Readers should click on your username to reach the private contact form.

Don't go there if they do not have board certified facial plastic surgeons. ENT docs don't fit the bill.
I got the same scarred and lumpy ears!
How exactly can I b contacted privately regarding the Dr. in Beverly hills that helped? I go to LA quite often. I would love to have his name. Maybe there is hope for me after all. Click on my username? I tried that but nothing happened! help! Please

To send someone a private message, you click on their username. You are then taken to their profile page on which you'll find a gray rectangle that says "Send Private Message to..."

I hope this helps!

You have scars and my friend and I have earlobes that were
So sorry to hear your scars, if it makes you feel better, my friend and I (we had lifestyle lift at the same time), our ears are sewn to our face, no lobes, and as the doctor pulled the ear down to SEW it to my face, he elongated my ear and its hard to wear hats or my hair pulled back. Very sad. Wish I knew of this site before I paid the $9300 dollars. The side of my eye looks like George Lucas's company (Lights and Imagination) did my eyes for some freak show. I finally accepted my fate, accepted the jowl lines that never went away, my long ears, and my deformed eyes, not to mention I finally found out how to hide the scars in the back of my head. I still am blown away that this company can remain in business. Amazing.
all i can conclude is that with LSL you may get a doctor with adaquate, or even excellent, surgical skills and cosmetic procedures experience or, plain to say, not at all. for me, it's not worth the risks. you're far better off researching surgeons in private practice. for one thing, a doctor in private practice will HAVE to address a patient's post-op concerns directly. from what i've read, LSL doctors seem to just fade away and the patient is left talking with the LSL office manager - which usually doesn't resolve anything.
ANY surgery is a "risk". It is absolutely necessary to do your homework regarding your surgeon's credentials before undergoing ANY surgery. I believe that you CAN take the "risk" if you've researched your surgeon well. Certainly, there are surgeons working for LSL that are not board certified in plastic surgery. If you're unsure about your surgeon's credentials or experience, it's YOUR responsibility to ASK. I'm an RN and I'm 58 yrs. old. I had a LSL almost 3 weeks ago at the Bloomington, MN location. I did my homework prior to my appt., and my surgeon came with amazing credentials -- he's a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with impressive before and after photos of surgeries he's performed. My results are fabulous! Everyone I know says I look 15 yrs. younger, and I feel like it inside too! Educated & knowledgeable consumers are usually the happiest and most satisfied consumers in the end.

Dear Lisa It has been 2 1/2 years and my scars are still visible. The side of my eye looks like it was done in George Lucas's Lights and Imagination facility. You are so right, Beverly Hills or Palm Beach, all the same. No way does a doctor want to see you after the operation! My cousin, a doctor, took the rest of my stiches out 4 months later, when the back of my ear hurt and voila! stiches still there. It was a major mistake and I came to realize - it is what it is, and I was dumb enough to continue, after the first "doctor" consulation, when he got upset because I was asking quesitons.! My own fault and I'm disgusted. I still have ringing in my ears, my right ear is still longer and larger than my left (since he pulled the ear lobe down to stitch! and I can't wear my hair up either due to visible scars on neck where my hair used to be! Its a mess and jowels never did go away. Take a deep breath - and choose your battles. This one we will never win They have attorneys on retainer. I can't believe that the states, individually, don't shut these people down. Sinful they are in business and so duping people.

I agree with you! I had the same thing happen when I had fat transfer to the cheeks & above eyes and they make a tiny cut & suture it up afterwards; they sent in some non-medi girl to remove the stitches...she had some kind of magnifying apparatus on & she had no clue as to what she was doing! She left a piece of stitching in and snipped my skin by accident...I was really pissed they would have HER do it when it would only take the surgeon seconds to do this! As an RN I am really outraged that a surgical office would allow this. Next time..if the surgeon can't/won't do it..I'm gone! I could've done better doing it myself. Please do learn to speak up to these people...They like to act like they're better than everyone..truth is many of the people working in these offices have extremely limited experience..proceed with caution!
Please take it easy on yourself. You were not "DUMB" enough. I am an intelligent medical professional who also made a stupid mistake BUT...the onus is on the medical professionals who are providing sub-standard care. They are the ones who should be ashamed. Not us!!
I so dislike looking at my face
Dear Victim...I meant my comment to be directed toward you. Please do take it easy on yourself. We seem to take the blame for bad follow-up care, devious marketing, poor customer service and, at times, outright malpractice. We are not stupid people and should not be embarrassed. Please stop blaming yourself and put the blame where it belongs. I, too, felt stupid and embarrassed until I realized that the embarrassment should belong solely to the practitioners of these lifts who hear nothing but "cha-ching" with each procedure and the sound of the cash register drowns out the sadness of the victims. I am so sorry you dislike looking at your face. So far I dislike looking at my face only half the time. Be well.
This is what God has to say about you face. Be encouraged! Love you! Psalm 139:13-16 (Message Translation) Oh yes, you shaped me (victim) first inside then out, you formed me in my mothers womb. I thank you high God you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I (victim) are marvelously made! I worship in adoration what a creation (she is)! You (God) know (victim) inside out, you know every bone in (her) body. You know exactly how (she) was made bit by bit, how (she) was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched (her) grow from conception to birth, all the stages of (her) life where spread out before you. The days of (her) life all prepared before (she'd) lived one day.
favored: What you write is lovely. I should have accepted what God had given me.
I'm an RN. You don't sound like a nurse. If you are truly an RN as you say, then you would KNOW that it is exceedingly RARE for a surgeon to remove sutures-- that has ALWAYS been a nursing duty. Drs. are simply too busy to do that themselves. You are incorrect as you describe "some non-medi girl" removing your sutures. ALL of the medical staff, aside from the surgeons are Certified Medical Technicians-- they are well-qualified to remove sutures. I had a LSL about 3 wks. ago and I look fabulous! Everyone tells me I look 15 yrs. younger. You're just an exaggerating angry woman. Hope something goes well for you.
Dear Nurse Annette, I think you misdirected your comments toward me instead of the person who spoke about suture removal. Be that as it may, even if a med tech removed her sutures, she seemed to have done an inadequate job. Why would you think realmeasucansee would lie about her occupation?
I agree with your assessment Annette. Anyone who is an RN knows surgeons don't remove sutures. My Lifestyle lift is 4 months old and my BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON did a beautiful job! I look 10-12 years younger, I had minimal pain and followed instructions to the letter and additionally, I wore my compression wrap virtually 24/7 for the first month to support the internal sutures and to minimize swelling. It falls upon US, the PATIENTS, to do our due diligence. I investigated my surgeon thoroughly--with the medical board and with the courts looking for complaints to the board and lawsuits and he was good all the way around. I saw photos of HIS work and talked to previous patients and I am thrilled to pieces over the great results I got from my LSL and I recommend my surgeon, Dr.James Scheu in St. Louis with the highest accolades.
You'd be shocked at the number of people who stop up at accident sites claiming to be doctors and/or nurses. I agree with Nurse Annette, she's not an RN.
I think my point was that whether or not she is a nurse, in her judgment and from her perspective she received inadequate care. It was my experience that there was little close examination post-op. Perhaps that is what made her even more unhappy. I would also suggest that people who stop at accident sites claiming to be medical personnel, even with the Good Samaritan laws, are idiots or psychopaths. I don't think realmeasyoucansee fits that category but I will humbly reserve judgment. I, as a patient, did do my due diligence and followed instructions to the letter and investigated my surgeon as thoroughly as possible and still got the Lifestyle shuffle. It is now more than six months post-op and I look as though I'd never had the surgery. My contention is that this procedure is not for everyone but they will never counsel you as such once you might be on the hook. An ethical surgeon will, most certainly, advise against what your little heart may want if it is unsuitable.
You are exactly right. NO ethical surgeon operates on everyone. Medicine is becoming nothing but business these days. On the flip side, my LSL was beautifully done, looks natural and I was blessed with a good surgeon and the St Louis LSL is an excellent example of competitive medicine. In the 2000s when I first looked into the cost of a face lift, it was $25K and LSL and places like it pushed to cost down to where it was affordable.
Hi Lisa,

Sorry about your troubles. Now I'm scared! Who was the good doctor who fixed your scars??? Thank you so much!
THANK you Lisa i did get the information on him. Next time I am in LA I am going to make an appointment at his office
I was to have a procedure this coming 15th of April. I am 67 years old and to be honest look very good still, everybody say I do not look my age. I have agree to the fact that when I went to the consultation in the office downtown Chicago, very impersonal when I expected to be seen by a doctor I was seen by a consultant only, my consultation was on 19th March, I cancel the procedure because of bad behavior of the customer service when I call for information the day I was supposed to meet the surgeon on April 10th, very uncaring people, could not find my file, could not find the time and date of my appointment when I wanted to reconfirm it, I was driving and said so and they did not care and put you on hold for more than 15 minutes etc. I never made it to see the surgeon that date I was so frustrated and upset I decided to cancel the all thing. I was going to change my mind but there was so much insistance, calling and pushing on their side to not cancel that I started to get concern as to why such pushy people for something like this. Maybe because I gave them a big deposit and did not want to lose it or whatever. I just wanted to get rid of some lines around my mouth because the rest of my face is still in very good shape. I wan to share with you people that back some 18 years ago I underwent a total face lift, and it was performed by the internal surgeons under the chief surgeon, I was recommended to one surgeon specifically by my doctors, and I have to tell you that the surgery was performed early in the morning, and went home the same day around 5pm. The following day he took all bandages out, removed some little stitches around my ear and told me: You are looking very good and will look better as the swelling goes totally down, he said I was so lucky did not bruise a lot and did not swell that much but as he said not everybody is the same. Only the day of the surgery I had to take medication for pain and none thereafer, I had bruise on one side of my mouth and little on the other side, a swelling. Some staples in the back of my head by my hearline, that was the most unconfortable thing beause I could not lay down on my back, those came off about 3 weeks after surgery, he said to make sure of healing, he said I heal very fast, and truth it was, I went back to work after a week and had some swelling still, and the bruises I covered with makeup. The results were amazing, I was not that terrible bad, but my neck was, he pull my right eye lid up to put it at the same hight as the left something I always had since birth, and stitches came off after a few days, results amazing. My surgery last for a long long long time, I have to say that maybe this is the reason why I still look so good, he made it last, as he said, extreme tightening will only help the skin to get loose sooner and I really believe that. He now is in Pennsylvania and I has his own consultation and office. He did a great surgery for me, and was there for me every time I went as I was requested to go see him almost for three weeks after he removed the back staples on my hairline in the back. I have no scarfs, there were gone very soon, and the one under my chin, you have to look very close to see a little shadow. My eye looked great after and still does. After all these good and bad comments I decided not to go for this, especially after the encounter with such unprofessional customer servie behavior, and lack of communication, they seemed to not have the time for the customers, they are so busy doing the surgeries that forget the front encounter which is the customer service, they represent their envirnment and their behavior is not the best. If I decide to do something I will look for a real plastic surgeon even if it will cost me more money. I hope this helps a little.
Ida Kudos to you! I'm so happy that this site can help people. I wish I had known about it.