Red Sore Watering Eyes with Eventual Ptosis and Blepharoplasty - United Kingdom, GB

I suffered with red sore watering eyes that...

I suffered with red sore watering eyes that eventually affected my life drastically. I dreaded waking up in the morning as everything I wanted to do or did was not not an enjoyable experience. Even day to day chores were a challenge. I was beginning to lose faith in the medical profession. I didnt understand how what I thought was I simple problem was so difficult to resolve. It was a problem to drive as my eyes used to flood but not run. It was like trying to see underwater.

Can you tell us a little bit more about your surgery and recovery experience?
Hi Jill I am only now 2 weeks 4 days post op. The experience of the surgery wasn't as traumatic as I imagined. I had no pain during the op and very little in the hours that followed. The swelling and bruising has diminished substantially and I am now able to apply make and go out and no one would ever know I had this procedure so recently. I have a slight concern that one eye looks fractionally bigger or may be more open than the other but it is still early days so I am trying to be positive. Patience is the key! I do remember asking my consultant if this may happen during the healing process and it seems to be the opinion of other doctors when I researched. I have to accept that my eyes are still healing. So I really hope this will resolve in the weeks to come. It seems to be more noticeable when I stand away from a mirror rather than inches from it.
Keep us posted with your healing with some review updates.  I can tell you from experience that it really does take months to see any results.  Taking pictures every week helps you to see the changes better.  Hang in there!
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

I first saw Mrs. Shah-Desai in February 2014 after making many trips to Moorfields at A&E and as a patient, and having two punctoplasty surgeries performed. One NHS and one privately at Moorfields. . Both failed to put things right and there was more drastic surgery planned. I feel angry and let down as I was seen and examined by so many doctors there who were incapable of giving a correct diagnosis and treatment. Mrs. Shah-Desai has given me back a quality of life with the correct diagnosis, medication and advice to purchase and use blephasteam goggles and to take omega 3 eye. I was also diagnosed with ptosis on my consultation and was photographed and had field vision tests carried out which showed restricted vision. I have just had surgery to rectify this problem and have every confidence this will be successful. Mrs. Shah-Desai not only is a skilled surgeon with amazing expertise but she possesses understanding and kindness and has a natural friendly way about her. I would have no doubt in my recommendation.