Just Got my First Chemical Peel Done to Get Rid of my Acne and Acne Scars - Harker Heights, TX

I was recommended by an esthetician at a medspa to...

I was recommended by an esthetician at a medspa to get jessner peel done in order to get rid of my acne and scars problem. I was nervous at first because i have a really sensitive skin and i am only 19! I thought that it would be too harsh for my skin but it wasnt that bad. I just got 1 layer though since it was my first time. Its been 3 days already and my skin just starting to peel around my mouth and nose area. So far so good. No major peeling yet.

Day 4 & 5

My skins peeling a lot on day 4 and the new skin is very sensitive! It gets so red when i put moisturizer on. I don't know if its supposed to be so sensitive since it's day 4-5 already. Red patches appeared around my mouth and at a corner of one eye which later i'm afraid might develop scars. I'm starting to worry because it's been 5 days and its still really sensitive and the peeling has't finished. Another thing, my forehead still hasnt peeled as much.

Day6

The peeling is almost done! My skin feels really smooth. I tried putting make up on today when i went out. As in the picture, you can see that my make up face still looks kinda ashy. It doesn't look perfectly smooth. I can't wait for this to be done! Btw, my skin is not as sensitive anymore most of the redness are gone. hurayy~

Day 6 with picture

Pictures of my healing face
Allisha

Sorry, didn't mean to post that! I am in a similar situation, I am turning 20 in a month and just getting over severe hormonal cystic acne (thanks to a combo of spironalactone, bcp, and cosmedix products). So I have a bunch of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne that I have been trying to get rid of. So far I have had 3 peels done and one ipl treatment. I had one jessner peel, which is superficial and it didnt help that much. The ipl treatment also didnt help much and it hurt a LOT. The second peel I had was a Cosmedix deep sea peel, which is a medium peel and that helped quite a bit with the red spots. That one hurt a bunch and I definitely peeled more than during the jessner, so I would recommend a medium peel for lightening up acne marks. I have tried SO many products and think that the medium peel by far has given me the best results. I just had the third peel done yesterday, which was a Cosmedix Timeless peel (medium depth) layered over a jessner peel and I havent started peeling yet but I am hoping I will have results that were as good as the deep sea. I love love love Cosmedix products! They are all natural and seem expensive but you only need a little bit, so they really are worth the price. My favorite is probably the Cosmedix Clear, which is a fabulous spot treatment and is the only thing that worked at making my cysts go away. I also use Refine which is a retin A resurfacing cream, and benefit clear as a face wash. I got a Clarisonic Mia about a month ago and so far really like it. If you're on the fence about it because of cost, buy it through Sephora, because if you dont like it, they have a fantastic return policy. For sunscreen, I use Elta MD spf 47, which is specifically for acne prone and hyperpigmentation skin. It goes on clear, is non-greasy, and feels just like a moisturizer. I also contains 5% niacinamide which is proven to help with pigmentation. Lastly, I use aztec healing clay mixed with acv a few times a week and that helps with my acne. I hope some of this information helps! I know how awful it is to have acne in college when almost everyone has clear skin. And the red marks are even more frustrating because they last so freaking long! Anyways I hope your skin gets better soon!
hello

You look so young for 19, which you might not love now but you certainly will when you get older!! So glad you are doing your best to take good care of your skin. I think you were very smart to start off conservative with the single layer peel just to see how your skin reacts. From the photos it looks like you are getting some nice results, the hyperpigmentation seems less, but perhaps its just the way the photos look. Are you noticing the same thing IRL?

I notice that my skin seems to be lighter but it gets super sensitive and it doesn't peel as much as i thought it would. Before i didn't have any scars around my mouth and now i see patches around it and its making me nervous! I still have 2 more session left and i don't know if i should get it done again. Maybe i should wait and say 2 more days since the doctor said it takes about 7 days to recover. Sigh~
Also my acne scars on the left cheek still look the same:( and yea i look way too young for my age. I'm about to turn 20 in a few months!