33 Yr Old Mother, Working on Myself for Once. - Jefferson, LA

My story? Well in my 20s I noticed that my teeth...

My story?

Well in my 20s I noticed that my teeth started shifting...no big deal I guess. I was so wrong! Fast forward to this year. I have developed a FULL fledged underbite. So since I've been paying for dental insurance and I never use it...I decided to check into braces.

My journey started on April 28, 2014. My orthodontist (Dr Leeann Evans, Harahan La) has made AMAZING progress! The slight crowding has evened out some and my teeth are shifting. She's done this in stages. She started closing gaps on the lower rear from having molars extracted. Then the upper braces on August 4th and finally the bottom completed on August 27th.

Is it painful? ABSOLUTELY! I find I'm in the most pain after getting wires changed and the day after I got the brackets put on.

But it's all worth it. I stopped smiling a long time ago. I don't like the smile that I have. In 2-3 years, I'll have the smile that I dream of!
Dr Leeann Evans

Dr Evans is great. She's very creative and has done great work so far. She was willing to try to correct my underbite without surgery.