61 Yr. Old Had SmartSkin Laser W/ Fat Transfers - Haledon, NJ

It's been 2 months since I had the SmartSkin Laser...

It's been 2 months since I had the SmartSkin Laser procedure including fat transfers to my face. The first 2 days I was totally unable to speak from the swollen lips and the crusting from the laser drove me insane. There was absolutely no pain. I was told one week but it was more like 2 wks. before I could submit the outside world to my face. The first month was fantastic; everything looked amazing....and then all the swelling started to subside and 2 months later I look exactly the same as when I started. The same lines, crevasses and sagging in exactly the same places and ALL of the fat that was transferred to my lips and jaw has totally disappeared. Very disappointing!

Close up of chin/lips @ 2 months

Everything is back to the way it was before the procedure.
Goodnight Center

Oh I'm so sorry for your disappointing outcome. I have the same fear but also not liking the way I look now at 12 days post. I know it's hard to tell what the outcome will be with fat transfer. Do you have any after pictures at 2 months out to share?
I have Cosmedic's post shots of me 9 weeks out, and I look just as bad. I filed a small claims action against Cosmedic for not disclosing skin could wrinkle more, for false testimony to the BBB, and for aggressively promoting "look 5 years younger", when there is no evidence such is likely or even possible. Mfr of DOT laser does NOT list it for skin tightening. There are lots of skin tightening treatments out there; most of which are not painful, and cost a small fraction of DOT. DOT is fast $ for a doctor. Did your Dr. recommend DOT? Did Dr. say 'dramatic results' on his web page? I wish I had better news for you, but I don't. I have had 5 Refirme treatments so far trying to undo the DOT mouth wrinkling. I can never undo the emotional trauma of 3 weeks post looking so much older, avoiding friends, and embarrassment. Hopefully, with you also having fat transfer, it won't look as bad. Best of luck.
Pride thanks for the info. That sounds awful! I have not had laser yet. Was just thinking about it.
Glad to hear that! Investigate, like you are. Providers can promise the world, but broad Consent-forms can excuse them from being liable for ANYTHING. DOT disclaimers substantially say they promise nothing and disclose skin can result in "scarring and permanent discoloration". Best of luck.
Thank you SO MUCH for your input, and so many helpful tips. First I filed a complaint w/ BBB, Dr's office testified falsely on every pertinent point, for which I have documentation proving they knew what they said was false. I'm filing a small claim in 3 days for false advertising, not disclosing skin could age, false BBB testimony, and egregiously insidious deceptive advertising without disclaimer. Sneaky how Cosmedic offers "complimentary" fillers with laser sale: fillers camouflage lack of results, warding off complaints. Though I didn't write sooner, your feedback has been on my mind every day. Thank you so very much, and I will let you know how it goes.
What a bummer! I hope that your doctor can help. Let us know what he says! At least you got a great initial result, so now you know what you want the results to be. Another lady was saying that she didnt really look like herself, so it is kinda nice that you were thrilled from the get go. Hope that doc fixes things right up for you!!!
I won't get to see him until July because his office is closed for renovation (though I did send him pix). I don't see what he can possibly do to help since what he did before only worked for 8 weeks. I definitely won't spend another $7,100 for something I already know doesn't work for me.
Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Did you follow up with your doctor to discuss your results?
Not yet. His office is under construction right now and won't reopen until sometime in April.
Feel free to post a question to our Doctors on the site to see if they can share any information regarding other treatments you can try.

Take care!