61 Yr. Old Had SmartSkin Laser W/ Fat Transfers - Haledon, NJ

It's been 2 months since I had the SmartSkin Laser...

It's been 2 months since I had the SmartSkin Laser procedure including fat transfers to my face. The first 2 days I was totally unable to speak from the swollen lips and the crusting from the laser drove me insane. There was absolutely no pain. I was told one week but it was more like 2 wks. before I could submit the outside world to my face. The first month was fantastic; everything looked amazing....and then all the swelling started to subside and 2 months later I look exactly the same as when I started. The same lines, crevasses and sagging in exactly the same places and ALL of the fat that was transferred to my lips and jaw has totally disappeared. Very disappointing!

Close up of chin/lips @ 2 months

Everything is back to the way it was before the procedure.
Goodnight Center

I had the same result--at first it looked great but within 3 months was gone--very expensive and disappointing result
This laser thing is a scam. Unlike a normal business, which gets in trouble for false advertising, doctors cannot be sued in most states for false advertising or negative results; their only 'have to' is performing the service. Please write and send your results to the Department of Health, to the FDA (regarding the machine that was used), and to your local BBB. Write a negative review on Yelp. Reminder: MY scam doctor made up all kinds of lies to DOH and BBB, saying I didn't follow post-care. DOH does not follow back up with you, so you can prove you DID follow post-care. So write BBB FIRST, so Dr. can make up lies there, then you can present proof that Dr. lied when submitting complaint to the DOH. The DOH complaint counts for the most.
Oh I'm so sorry for your disappointing outcome. I have the same fear but also not liking the way I look now at 12 days post. I know it's hard to tell what the outcome will be with fat transfer. Do you have any after pictures at 2 months out to share?
I have Cosmedic's post shots of me 9 weeks out, and I look just as bad. I filed a small claims action against Cosmedic for not disclosing skin could wrinkle more, for false testimony to the BBB, and for aggressively promoting "look 5 years younger", when there is no evidence such is likely or even possible. Mfr of DOT laser does NOT list it for skin tightening. There are lots of skin tightening treatments out there; most of which are not painful, and cost a small fraction of DOT. DOT is fast $ for a doctor. Did your Dr. recommend DOT? Did Dr. say 'dramatic results' on his web page? I wish I had better news for you, but I don't. I have had 5 Refirme treatments so far trying to undo the DOT mouth wrinkling. I can never undo the emotional trauma of 3 weeks post looking so much older, avoiding friends, and embarrassment. Hopefully, with you also having fat transfer, it won't look as bad. Best of luck.
Pride thanks for the info. That sounds awful! I have not had laser yet. Was just thinking about it.
Glad to hear that! Investigate, like you are. Providers can promise the world, but broad Consent-forms can excuse them from being liable for ANYTHING. DOT disclaimers substantially say they promise nothing and disclose skin can result in "scarring and permanent discoloration". Best of luck.
Thank you SO MUCH for your input, and so many helpful tips. First I filed a complaint w/ BBB, Dr's office testified falsely on every pertinent point, for which I have documentation proving they knew what they said was false. I'm filing a small claim in 3 days for false advertising, not disclosing skin could age, false BBB testimony, and egregiously insidious deceptive advertising without disclaimer. Sneaky how Cosmedic offers "complimentary" fillers with laser sale: fillers camouflage lack of results, warding off complaints. Though I didn't write sooner, your feedback has been on my mind every day. Thank you so very much, and I will let you know how it goes.
What a bummer! I hope that your doctor can help. Let us know what he says! At least you got a great initial result, so now you know what you want the results to be. Another lady was saying that she didnt really look like herself, so it is kinda nice that you were thrilled from the get go. Hope that doc fixes things right up for you!!!
I won't get to see him until July because his office is closed for renovation (though I did send him pix). I don't see what he can possibly do to help since what he did before only worked for 8 weeks. I definitely won't spend another $7,100 for something I already know doesn't work for me.
Hi there :) Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Did you follow up with your doctor to discuss your results?
Not yet. His office is under construction right now and won't reopen until sometime in April.
Feel free to post a question to our Doctors on the site to see if they can share any information regarding other treatments you can try.

Take care!
I also had disappointing results from the same treatment and when I complained to the doctor his answer was "you singed a waiver"
See how to proceed against doctor in my other comment to you. The waiver said NOTHING about the procedure causing aging of your skin. Contact the Department of Health. These doctors are making millions scamming, and because they are doctors, and females are too embarrassed to put up a big stink about it, their scam continues. Do you really want to take it like a loser? Not me. It took 10 years for GM to admit to killing folks with their ignition problem. It is our duty to put up a stink every day till these sleazy doctors are stopped.
Also, when you complain to the BBB, require the doctor provide their 'before' and 'after' pics, and all documents they have on you. You can then use those photos to proceed further with your complaint to the DOH.
I did request my records from him and it took several days to receive them. They are hand written so who knows the changes that were made! I have not yet looked over the papers and have not looked to see if there are pictures included but will do so. Actually I also had a no lift face lift and fat injections. After the swelling went down there was absolutely NO difference and the fat was gone by 3 months. I am embarrassed to admit that I am computer illiterate and my friend looked up this Doctor and he is an ENT! Looks like he had some courses and is now a plastic surgeon to unsuspecting patients
Let me know after you've seen Dr.s before & after pics. My face looked like it had substantial fat loss. I cropped portions of the before & after, and placed them next to each other. That is most effective at showing what has really occurred. Keep in mind, BBB and DOH may just glance at pics, Dr. before & after pics are on separate pages, and BBB and DOT may not quite see what has occurred unless you crop sections side by side.
I am embarrassed to say that I am very computer illiterate so do not know how to crop a picture and do not want to put my whole face on the internet! What is DOH?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

DOH stands for Department of Health. Realself does not allow me to contact you directly to help you. Do you have any photo-editing software? It is very easy to crop a picture.
I will ask a friend to help me
If you want, send it to me directly in a PM and I can crop it for you and post.
after looking at the medical records I see that he included NO pictures--said that I am not entitled. Even more there was no mention of the fact that he did NOT use an eye shield --only an ointment--or give the laser frequency he used. Thankfully I had a friend (a Dr,) with me to vouch for his statement. It took days to to get the records--which gave him time to look them over. They were hand written not electronic. Should I still contact the BBB?
Complaining to the BBB is how I GOT my before/after pictures. I signed a consent to release my records, so Dr. could say things to BBB. I told the BBB how laser had aged my face, Dr. said it hadn't and had pictures. Well, the BBB must have said they would mark them as uncooperative if they didn't send the pics, cause that is when Dr waited till the last minute of time they had to respond, and Dr. sent the pictures. IMMEDIATELY transfer them to your computer, as as soon as BBB case closes, they are removed from BBB. So, yes, now is the time to complain to the BBB!!!
I will call first thing Monday morning. Thank you for all the excellent advice!!!