Best Investment!!!

Back in college I started losing my hair to the...

Back in college I started losing my hair to the point of I starting shaving my head to camouflage my baldness. I was the guy who always wore a hat because i was very self-conscious about my hair. I looked my age with a hat but without a hat I looked much older than i was. So i started doing research on hair transplants. I really didn't know where to start because there were so many hair transplant clinics. I started to narrow the list down by first eliminating the "chains" .. Bosley, MHR, Hair Club for Men.. they sounded like car salesmen.. I then found a facility in Atlanta called Hair Restoration Specialist. When I went for my consultation they spent plenty of time with me and explained exactly how i would look when i got my hair.. They were not pushy at all which i really liked because I don't like to be pushed into making any decision. I have had 3 procedures with them estimating arond $17000 total. All 3 procedures were done about a year apart and they were totally painless. I can't say enough about how happy I am to have my hair back and not have to be confined to a hat because of my insecurity. Now that I have hair im no longer self-conscious when Im riding my motorcycle or out with friends. If you have an insecurtity about your hair i suggest to do something about it. And i would recommend Hair restoration Specialist to anyone that is looking to get hair Transplants

WOW ! Your Hair Looks Great
Thank you!

Hi there, welcome!

Wow, you look awesome! You must be really pleased.

Is this something that will last a lifetime now, or will you need to have it redone at somepoint?

Recent photo

Congrats buddy! Even I have been planning for a hair transplant. So help me out with my queries. Where you asked to take propecia(finasteride) after the surgery? And I was told that the transplanted hair follicles shed and then grow back. How true is that?
Thank you.. The way Hair Restoration Specialist of Atlanta presented it to me was that hair transplants is a two step process. .. Replacing the hair you have already lost with hair transplants and then maintaining your genetic hair with propecia because hair-loss is a life long phenomenon. Kind of like changing your oil in your car. Even though your car runs fine you still need to maintain your car by changing your oil. And to answer your second question... the actual hair falls out but the follicle or the root remains and will start to regrown a new hair after 90 days.
*regrow

Self Portrait.

I definitely need a haircut today.

I've read "Understand-Speaks-the-Truth"s comments here and elsewhere and he is nothing but a troll. He lashes out at Johnwar simply because johnwar got good results and he didn't. He comes off as an extremely bitter person and a bit like a conspiracy theorist in the way he rants about the "Hair Transplant Industry". Hair transplantation is a big step and I would get all the facts and then make a decision. I certainly wouldn't make a decision based upon what some troll says on a forum.
John your results are awesome. Congrats. It's good you don't listen to the haters. It looks like you did your research and picked an awesome place. I'd consider traveling to atlanta and have mine done there
Thanks for your post, very interesting. I also take finasteride (propecia) which I've done for 15 years. To be honest my hairline has at times looked like all your photos, sometimes thin and receding, and sometimes with long term use of the drug, the right products and styling, a full head of hair. It's largely depended on how consistently I took the drug and other superficial factors. Finasteride and rogaine thicken the hair which can provide a huge visual improvement. Incidentally I think it's good practice to declare the other treatments you're undertaking straight up, rather than in the comments section. It helps the reader make an informed assessment. I'm glad you found the transplants a good investment, especially considering how much you paid, though personally I'm unsure that the transplant was the reason for the apparent improvement.
Hair Restorations Specialist of Atlanta

Very Happy with the professionalism of the Medical Staff. Always followed up with any of my questions before and after my procedure.