Best Investment!!!

Back in college I started losing my hair to the...

Back in college I started losing my hair to the point of I starting shaving my head to camouflage my baldness. I was the guy who always wore a hat because i was very self-conscious about my hair. I looked my age with a hat but without a hat I looked much older than i was. So i started doing research on hair transplants. I really didn't know where to start because there were so many hair transplant clinics. I started to narrow the list down by first eliminating the "chains" .. Bosley, MHR, Hair Club for Men.. they sounded like car salesmen.. I then found a facility in Atlanta called Hair Restoration Specialist. When I went for my consultation they spent plenty of time with me and explained exactly how i would look when i got my hair.. They were not pushy at all which i really liked because I don't like to be pushed into making any decision. I have had 3 procedures with them estimating arond $17000 total. All 3 procedures were done about a year apart and they were totally painless. I can't say enough about how happy I am to have my hair back and not have to be confined to a hat because of my insecurity. Now that I have hair im no longer self-conscious when Im riding my motorcycle or out with friends. If you have an insecurtity about your hair i suggest to do something about it. And i would recommend Hair restoration Specialist to anyone that is looking to get hair Transplants

Recent photo

Self Portrait.

I definitely need a haircut today.
Hair Restorations Specialist of Atlanta

Very Happy with the professionalism of the Medical Staff. Always followed up with any of my questions before and after my procedure.

I've read "Understand-Speaks-the-Truth"s comments here and elsewhere and he is nothing but a troll. He lashes out at Johnwar simply because johnwar got good results and he didn't. He comes off as an extremely bitter person and a bit like a conspiracy theorist in the way he rants about the "Hair Transplant Industry". Hair transplantation is a big step and I would get all the facts and then make a decision. I certainly wouldn't make a decision based upon what some troll says on a forum.
John your results are awesome. Congrats. It's good you don't listen to the haters. It looks like you did your research and picked an awesome place. I'd consider traveling to atlanta and have mine done there
Thanks for your post, very interesting. I also take finasteride (propecia) which I've done for 15 years. To be honest my hairline has at times looked like all your photos, sometimes thin and receding, and sometimes with long term use of the drug, the right products and styling, a full head of hair. It's largely depended on how consistently I took the drug and other superficial factors. Finasteride and rogaine thicken the hair which can provide a huge visual improvement. Incidentally I think it's good practice to declare the other treatments you're undertaking straight up, rather than in the comments section. It helps the reader make an informed assessment. I'm glad you found the transplants a good investment, especially considering how much you paid, though personally I'm unsure that the transplant was the reason for the apparent improvement.
I haven't written on this blog in quite some time. However, your post motivated me to comment. Please understand that I am roundly negative on hair transplants and my comments are not for you, but to educate uninformed readers of this blog. First of all, I would like to start with the most basic and obvious point: namely, the lack of information you provide. How many grafts did you transplant? Was it strip or FUE? I imagine it was FUE and you transplanted about 1,700 grafts at an average price of $10 a graft. Also, how old are you? That is important when analyzing the long term ramifications of your surgery. If you are in your early 20's and your dad eventually went NW5, then get ready for a long and terrible battle with hair loss in your 30s and 40s. This whole story is not as easy as you try to make it seem. Beyond this, I think it is important for readers to realize that you sir, do not truly suffer from male pattern baldness. All you have is the most minor thinning in the front, a NW2, a normal and natural look. You are not NW 3 or higher. Your results can be great, because your hair loss is almost nonexistent. I think it is wrong and unethical for you to post your clinic's name and phone number on here. It makes it seem as if your story is fabricated by the clinic and put on this website to generate sales. Also, the tone and content of your post sounds like it is coming straight from a hair transplant sales rep (talking bad about the bigger clinics and then pumping your own). I'm not saying this is necessarily true, but it does make your testimony suspect. Please couch your language in more realistic and honest terms. People need to hear the true story of the long-term impact of hair transplants. Your post doesn't do that. You are a small hair loss patient (NW2) posting up great results without either mentioning the procedure or your age. You also pump the surgeon and provide the phone number. Men need to consider the long-term REALISTIC picture of hair transplants. Your post just doesn't do that.
Dude, first of all I am sorry if you are "roundly negative on hair transplant" and feel the need to try to discredit me or my story. The truth of the matter is that I am an average guy who was suffering from hairloss front to back and decided to do something about it. I am happy with my results and I really could care less what you think or don't think about my post. It always amazes me the people that think they are experts on the situation. And here you are trying to warn me for future doom and gloom with my hair. Thanks man and I hope you have a great day too.
Dude, nothing personal. Don't get so angry. I'm happy for you that you have had such a positive result. I honestly hope that it holds for you. It does hold for some and not for others. And that is my point. Your post just doesn't paint a clear picture of the whole story. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be. But trust me. I know more about hair transplants than you do. Been around this game a lot longer and seen it all. If you look at your pictures pre-op you can clearly see that you only have minor loss in the front at this point. You don't suffer hair loss "front to back" as you say. It may inevitably head down that path. Genetics is the final judge and arbiter. But for right now, you barely suffer from hair loss at all! Ask anyone NW4 or NW5 what real hair loss is about. In general, all I was trying to say to you was that in giving out the clinic phone number you limit the quality of the recommendation you are giving. Please give the community the best info possible. That includes number of grafts, your age range, and where you were placed on the Norwood-Hamilton Scale at this point in time. All of this would be helpful in helping people draw their own conclusions. But, honestly, on a positive note you do look great! Keep it up. Don't drink, don't smoke (anything!), exercise, and take good care of each and every strand for as long as they stay on your head. Good luck!!!!
Well said, I think you came on too strong. Not everyone is a good candidate for HT. It's hard to see into the future and that is the big gamble. The sad fact is nothing else out there can give you a better cosmetic impact but it comes with some risk. I'm waiting for the "cure" that is always 10 years away lol.
My husband is looking into it and inspired by your story!!! Thank you so much for sharing your pics! Hope you're enjoying it!
This is a life long commitment. I started at 37 and now 53. I've had 8 procedures very happy for few years but the loss continues, first in front then on the crown. Taken fin and rogaine with limited success. The problem is some transplanted hair does fall out over time, I've lost about 30% and you start running out of donor hair as you age due to miniaturization. Not so happy with the results right now and I can't shave my head too many scars. I'm thinking one last procedure lol. I said that 2 procedures ago. Good luck John.
Wow, you really do look good! Thank you for sharing your story. I have been trying to get my husband to consider hair transplants but we don't think that we can afford it. Do you know of anywhere that offers financing options or payment plans? We also live close to Atlanta.
Congrats buddy! Even I have been planning for a hair transplant. So help me out with my queries. Where you asked to take propecia(finasteride) after the surgery? And I was told that the transplanted hair follicles shed and then grow back. How true is that?
Thank you.. The way Hair Restoration Specialist of Atlanta presented it to me was that hair transplants is a two step process. .. Replacing the hair you have already lost with hair transplants and then maintaining your genetic hair with propecia because hair-loss is a life long phenomenon. Kind of like changing your oil in your car. Even though your car runs fine you still need to maintain your car by changing your oil. And to answer your second question... the actual hair falls out but the follicle or the root remains and will start to regrown a new hair after 90 days.
*regrow
wow! tht sounds great. wat about the side effects of propecia but? and is tht going to be life long?
I have not had any side effects at all from taking the propecia. And all i know is that the propecia is supposedly keeping me from losing anymore of my existing hair.

Awesome, glad you don't have to top it up regularly!

Hi dude, Congrats. You got lucky :). Now you are looking great.Hope you are enjoying your life. Where did you have your hair transplantation? Even i live in Atlanta. I'm facing hair loss. So, planning for hair transplantation. So, could you please help me out. From where did you had your hair transplantation? Thanks,
I got my hair transplants done at Hair Restorations Specialist in Atlanta. Their number is 404-231-3100. You are more than welcome to email me and I can send you my personal number if you are really interested in knowing about it. mboydatlanta@yahoo.com
WOW ! Your Hair Looks Great
Thank you!

Hi there, welcome!

Wow, you look awesome! You must be really pleased.

Is this something that will last a lifetime now, or will you need to have it redone at somepoint?

Well the hair that Hair Restoration Specialist moved will be permanent. But I do take propecia and Rogaine to hold onto my existing genetic hair that was already there before my procedures. So im not planning on getting anymore. I am very happy with my results.
Oh, and thank you for the compliment Kirsty!