No More Baby Belly! - Greenville, SC

I am a mother of three kids and two are twins. I...

I am a mother of three kids and two are twins. I was 120 pounds wore a size 2 before I became pregnant with my twins. I am a fairly small person and carrying twins took a toll on my body. My abdominal wall was separated from top to bottom and never came back together after delievery. (A condition called diastasis recti). Basically my belly looked like I was 5 months pregnant ALWAYS. I had to completely buy all new clothes. Ones that were baggy and wouldn't show my big belly. If I worn anything fitted then it was very common for strangers to ask if I was expecting. I tried everything... exercise, diet, etc... Nothing was going to get rid of the belly and the extra skin. No matter what those silly websites tell you about diastasis recti.... YOU CAN NOT FIX IT! Once I began to realize there was no hope I started investigating the tummy tuck option. I went to three different doctors for consultations. Finally picked the one for me and then set the date. I did it close to the holidays so my husband would have time off work and able to help me. ( Suggestion.... IF you have small children then I would suggest picking of time of year when they are most likely to stay well and not pass on any potential sick germs to you. If you got a cough or stomach bug I think it would almost kill you with pain after a tummy tuck).
I really have grown to love my doctor. I didn't get the warm and fuzzy's from him at first but he really is a good doctor. He has so many years of experience and knows what he is doing.
I am one week post op and I have no regrets! I am soo soo happy I did this. It has been worth every penny and amount of pain. One good thing about my doctor is that he accepts Care Credit. Check it out.. carecredit.com You can put some of the cost on this credit card and there is no interest if you pay it off within two years. This was a big help as far as cost.
I didn't do this procedure because i am super vain and want to look beautiful. I just seriously didn't want to look pregnant anymore. I got what I wanted. The new belly button looks a little fake but heck... it is fake! I will post more pictures as I continue to heal.
As far as pain goes. I didn't experience anything like most folks on this site describe. I had a c-section with my twins and an emergency hysterectomy the same day. That pain was indescribable. This was pale in comparison to that day. I was up and walking the day of my procedure and have been every day since. The pain is manageable with medicine and taking it easy.
Again... great experience.. no regrets.. worth the money and the pain.
I do have help with me 24/7 and would reccomend that anyone with small children does the same. You really can't lift or stand up straight at first. I would only do this if you have adequate help for your little ones. Good luck to anyone out there considering!

3 Weeks Post Op

I have been on cloud nine b/c I can't believe my results! Pain has been very managable. I feel like my stomach is flat as a whistle. I've been able to stand up straight for a week. I'm also able to do some basic housework and enjoy my kids. I still have help around the clock to ensure I don't lift anything. I am still taking over the counter pain meds occasionally. But over all I feel great and am very happy with the way my stomach looks.

5 Weeks Post Op - Concerned

I doing a little catching up on my updates. I just wrote my 3 week post op update and now for the 5 week. (I'll actually be 6 weeks post op in 2 days.)
I have been struggling bad for the last 3 weeks. Once I stopped wearing my binder my belly started to bludge out again and doesn't feel like my abdominal wall is much stronger than before surgery. But it's only from my belly button up. Below the belly button is super flat and tight. So what is up with the buldge? I started wearing my binder again and I think it helps. But if I take it off for even 10 mins then the belly is out there. I did see my doc last Friday for a regular check up and mentioned it. He said that I would need to just exercise and get the ab wall tight. He said the pregnancies had done a number on my abdominal wall and that it was up to me to tighten it back up now that the MR is done. I totally would believe this if I wasn't super flat and now big. So I am concerned. I made and appointment for tomorrow. Hoping to get some answers or just reassurance that time will heal and make things better. Anyone else have this happen? Here are some pics to show but they dont' really do it justice. My buldge is bigger than i think the pics show. But you can totally see the difference if you look at my 3 week pics verses these.

Still not flat

I went to see my surgeon today. I did have a pocket of fluid and he drained about 5ml. Not enough to be the reason for such a large stomach after a tummy tuck. He said that maybe the stitches aren't holding good or may have come loose. He wants me to really get aggressive with working out. He could sew my abs back together but can't make then toned without working out. So maybe if I do that then I can get my stomach flat again. I am also thinking that some of the belly buldging could be from swelling. Trying to stay optimistic and hoping the results will come in time. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Still have a bulge. Not getting better

Not too much of an update. Still same as last post. The belly is still large and it's all above my belly button. The Doc wants to see me in three weeks and we will discuss some options if there is no change. I'm going to try to upload photos from my phone.

Updated pics of belly bulge 3 months post op

No new update just adding pics. Still disappointed that I was so flat and now look like this. Contemplating the revision but also want to keep working out and hope for results. My doc wants to wait 3 more months w me working out to schedule a revision. If it weren't for my 2.5 year old twins and 6 year old daughter I would be more open to a revision. But I'm a stay at home mom and it was really hard to get others to fill my shoes while I was out for 8 weeks. Just don't know that I want to do that again. However...this was expensive and we paid for my belly to be flat so IDK what to do.
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

How can he not know what he is doing? He has over 30 years of experience! I trust him completely and think he did a good job. He is very kind and friendly once you pick him as your doctor.

I hate that you're going through this, and yes, I completely understand about the 2.5 year old twins and how tough that was to get help for all those weeks. I truly believe you can kick this bulge's ASS on your own like Greengirl32 did!!!
Oh yes I forgot to mention in my post reply back to you to check out greengirl32 review.
I have. That's actually how I found you! AmyS33 sent me her profile and then I saw your comment to her and found you. So motivating to just exercise like crazy!
:-)
Hey you ... Been thinking of you!!!
I think u look gr8 so far tbh, still only early days, I'm 4months now &still not flat yet :-( but noticing a little less week by week is only a little but. It's getn there slowlys, keep ur chin up x
I had same doctor! You look great! I'm a little behind you...
How neat! I think Dr. Bishop is a really nice man. I've been happy having him as my doc. Who knows... maybe we will be in the waiting room at the same time one day. :)
If you tighten up your belly, like a Mimi crunch, you can feel down the middleofyour belly where he did the MR. You should be able to feel the two ridges of the muscles and there should be very little room between them. My Dr only didMR to the top part of my muscle and I was like, hey, are you sure, and he had me do this very test. When I did. It, my lower muscles (between BB and pubis) were very close together but above my BB, I had a gap of about two inches. BTW, I also had a bulge between my BB and breast bone and it has gone way.
Please tell me more about the bulge between your breast and bb. When did it start? Mine was flat and then after 3 weeks got big. How long did the bulge last? Did anything help to make it go away? I have definatley developed a seroma. Total water pocket at top of abs. Didn't have that until yesterday. Maybe that's part of whats causing this.
and yes. When I do a crunch it feels like everything is stitched together just fine. And I do have pain and it feels tight. I use to be able to stick all 10 fingers between my abdominal wall before surgery and now i can't put any in there. I feel like my abs are stitched good. I'm thinking it's this seroma and maybe just general swelling too. I stopped wearing my binder at 3 weeks and also started being very active (not lifting). but taking care of my kids, etc.. ON my feet a lot all day moving and bending etc...
Ah, good news then, stitching is in tact! Well it sounds like all that activity is definitely adding lots of swelling. I still have swelling days and will wear my CG occasionally. Pharmsales (another Real Self TT gal) had a seroma and so her review would be a great one to reference since she documented her Dr visits. Best of luck!
I have actually communicated with pharmsales too! Did you look at my pictures of the 3 weeks post o flat stomach and then now? Did your belly ever look like the swollen pic i posted? And thanks for your encouragment! I really appreciate it! Btw... you look great!
Mine was almost like a ball. My Dr. determined it was a hematoma (blood), and so he had me aggressively massage it and, in addition, I used a heating pad (not too hot) about 5 times a day for 15-20 minutes each before I massaged. That was what made it go away. That, and I relaxed and kept my feet up for a good week or week and a half and let others take care of things. Thanks for your kind words.
I do believe you are not supposed to work your abs at this point. Did your PS give you clearance? I just started at 5 months and really there is no need i feel so tight! Omg
Thank you hun. Yeah the Seroma was not fun i went on my lunch hours every week and took a different co worker each time for support. I didnt look but heard the needle was quite big! You dont feel it because you're still numb but it not the funnest thing i ever did! LOL
Thats normal i also was so flat the first two weeks and than the swelling started. I'm glad i took pics early on and cant wait to see the end results. Hang in there you look great!
Did you feel like your stomach went down after they drained the seroma? I have def found a water pocket at the top and middle of my abs. Doesn't seem like a ton of fluid but I am so swollen now. I look 4 months pregnant. I wonder if the bulge could all be due to seroma and swelling. Thanks for all of your replies! I am very appreciative.
Hope you're feeling better :-)
Alright, I thought it would be a lot worse (from your email). I see a bulge, but it looks like swelling or bloat. It doesn't look like your MR failed. I'm writing you back....
How are you doing?
Sorry Im slow to respond. I've been terrible and keeping up with my progress on here. I just posted two updates so you can check them out. I'm been reading your updates. I'm heading to the doc in an hour to double check and make sure I don't have some fluid build up or something.
I have twins too! Mine are 3 in December. Like you, I'm thrilled I did it. The girls were my biggest concern; how'd they deal with me not being able to pick them up or take them places, but they have better than I ever could have imagined. You look really great! Are you driving around yet and running errands?
You look great!!! Congrats!
HI! I had my tummy tuck about a week before you and I am a mom to twins too! :) You look great! Things get better (I HATED the first 3 days or so). Stay in touch!