Gettin' My Sexy Back! - Greenville, SC

I am 32 years old and the mother of two. I am...

I am 32 years old and the mother of two. I am actually in nursing school right now, and I have been on a journey of getting myself healthy. Losing weight too, but mainly trying to eat healthier and be more active.

Before I had kids, I was super skinny, could eat what I wanted and no consequences! Now, if I eat a doughnut it shows up on my thighs the next morning! Anyway, I have lost weight since my last baby, but of course as you all know, the flap of skin that hangs down just won't go away!!

Now, after much research (and money saving!) I am ready to do something about it! My husband is super supportive and is taking off a week of work to nurse me. I am sooo excited!!

I will be getting a full TT with lipo of abdomen, upper and lower extremities.

I will post some before pics real soon!

Updated on 20 Nov 2011:
Well I only have 19 more days! I am so glad that I have school to keep me busy or I might just be going crazy. Finals are right after Thanksgiving holidays and I have been studying my tail off!

I am so anxious and I just keep staring at my huge jelly belly in the mirror trying to imagine what it's going to look like! I just want to be the girl I used to be. I feel like I am in somebody else's body! I want to feel sexy and confident again!! It's really sad that this is the price you have to pay to have kids. They are so beautiful and wonderful and my whole world, buy sometimes, I wish I could have my body back!

Hopefully this is the way to get my sexy back!Updated on 25 Nov 2011:14 Days and counting!!! I do not know what I am going to do with myself I am so excited!! Started taking my vitamins today and also starting to get together everything that I will need for recovery. At least I have that to keep me busy! Starting my list today actually, and then shopping next week for supplies.

I say I don't have anything to keep me busy, but we have been trying to do all of our Christmas shopping early so that I don't have to worry about it during recovery. I have a 2 and 4 year old (soon to be 5 next week) and they are spoiled almost rotten! Santa is always very good to them and he didn't slack this year either!

So, I guess I do have plenty to do so I am not just sitting around anxiously awaiting the big day!

I am also posting my before pics today. Yuck! I have never taken pics of my belly before. Didn't realize just how awful it truly was!!Updated on 1 Dec 2011:I have one week till my surgery!! yay! Still very excited, not nervous at all! I guess maybe since I had my gallbladder out last year and being put to sleep didn't bother me, so I'm not really afraid of that part. I'm sure as the week goes on it will get to me! I have been very busy though with school, only one more week to go! Finals are here! Now that I am nervous about! LOLUpdated on 4 Dec 2011:5 more days!!Updated on 7 Dec 2011:Just one more day!!Updated on 8 Dec 2011:Tomorrow is the big day! I have to be there at 7:45 so at least I don't have to wait long!! I'm so excited, but I am keeping busy cleaning and getting last minute stuff from grocery store. My mom is coming today so she can help with the kids, so got lots to keep my mind off of my excitement :) I will post as soon as I can after my surgery to let everyone know how it went! Wish me luck!!Updated on 10 Dec 2011:My TT was at 9 am yesterday morning. When I woke up I was in PAIN and very nauseated. I have had a rough night. But I can tell my tummy is so flat!! I am a lil out of it but I will post more later when I feel up to it :)Updated on 10 Dec 2011:It's 12:30 am and I'm counting down until my next pain pill. 2 percocets e wry 4 hrs. I have a high drug tolerence so the meds only help for about 2 hrs. Went to my first post op this morning. They took off bandages and I was thrilled!! The nurse said I looked great. I'm going to get hubby to take some pics in the morning. I just haven't felt up to it. Just sleeping a lot!!Updated on 11 Dec 2011:Just had my first shower! Felt incredible, now I'm finishing up some soup and crackers and probably a nap. These past 2 days have been pretty rough, but I'm slowly starting to feel better. The nights have been the worst. Trying to sleep and get comfortable when I am so sore. The lipo is what hurts after sitting still for long periods of time. Had to put a pillow under the backs of my legs. That helped a lot. Hubby keeps saying how great it looks! I'm excited :)Updated on 12 Dec 2011:This whole process is such a roller coaster! Today I have been soooo swollen and tight. Very uncomfortable, but the pain is manageable. Just want to lay in my bed and really sleep! But then I just hobble over to the mirror and stare and my flat new tummy and it makes me feel better! This is definitely not easy! I have also been having a lot of gas cramps and nausea. I can't wait to have that first BM cuz I think things will be a lot more comfortable. Been watching netflix and trying to rest, but I'm wide awake. Hopefully I can get to sleep soon!Updated on 13 Dec 2011:I am miserable. Very swollen and tight. And constipated! If I could just go to the bathroom I know I would feel better. Earlier today I was so gassy it was making me nauseous. I cut back on pain pills cuz I know that can slow things down. I am aggressively tackling this situation with lots of water and stool softeners and laxatives! I have got to get through this rough patch cuz its really bringing me down. Don't taking a crap for five days is no fun.Updated on 14 Dec 2011:Well I feel a lot better today. I finally had my first BM and that made a world of difference! But now I have diarrhea. I swear if I could just get my digestive system to work right I would feel tons better!! But I did dress myself for the first time today and I am up and standing up straighter. For 5 days post op I'm not looking to bad. Like I said, the whole tummy trouble that I have had has really taken a file physically and emoitionally. I never thought that would have been my main problem! I am not even taking pain pills either. Just tylenol when needed. My 1 week post op is on Friday morning and I have my fingers crossed about these drains!! They are really not that full lately and very light in color...so maybe.

My hubby has taken some pics I just haven't uploaded them yet. I will get them up soon!Updated on 15 Dec 2011:Feeling great today! Went to my sons xmas program tonight with minimal pain. I am 1 week post op tomorrow! Hoping to get drains out. Lipo of arms and thighs feels really weird! Tender and sore but itchy and tingly at the same time.

At the beginning of the week I thought I was gonna die and I hated this decision...but as u can see I made it!! And I am glad I did this. Tummy looks great and my belly button is gonna look fabulous!! I have been swollen but I expected that.

Will update after drs visit in the morning!!Updated on 16 Dec 2011:Got one of my drains out today!!! Who hoo!!! Nurse said I looked great and she took my sutures out. Was disappointed that both drains didn't get removed but one out is good. I'll take it! Feeling great today. Actually cleaned the kitchen and fixed my daughters lunch. Now I'm resting cuz I'm starting to feel tight and swollen. I hope I didn't overdo it! I did start my period yesterday and that sucks but I can deal.Updated on 16 Dec 2011:New Pics!!Updated on 18 Dec 2011:The past 2 days have been tiring because my hubby went back to work. It's just been me taking care of the kids (2 and 5) and its been a challenge. They are good kids so it hasn't been to bad but getting up and down leaves me exhausted.

I am actually sitting outside on the swing while they play in the backyard. Counting down until nap time. Thank god they both still take naps!

My pain is minimal and the only thing I'm having trouble with is the swelling. I feel like u could pop my tummy with a pin and I would explode!! My back hurts too but that's from trying to stand and fix lunches etc..

Overall I would say things are great. My scar looks pretty good too. Just wish I had this drain out and sleeping in my own bed would be nice too!!Updated on 22 Dec 2011:Just a quick update. I've dropped 10 lbs! I braved the scale today just out of curiosity and I am 10 lbs lighter than the day of surgery. Now I am definitely going to have to remember
and ask how much they cut off!! Last week my nurse told me they took a pic of it! But we forgot about looking at in when the doc came in...now I gotta see it! LOL

I am doing so great in my recovery! Doing light housework, taking care of kids like normal. I even managed to help with bathtime last night. Not taking pain pills at all. Tomorrow is my 2 week post op apointment. Going to get the 2nd drain out! Yay. That thing is a bitch! I will be able to sleep in my bed again. Finally!!

I will take new pics and update after drs appointment tomorrow!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

If you live in Greenville Sc this is the Dr for you! Dr. McFadden was very nice and made me feel comfortable immediately. He did a GREAT job, take a look at my pics and you can see for yourself. I had no idea my tummy could look this way! It turned out much better than I could have even dreamed of! The staff is excellent, and the nurses are super nice. I had all my questions answered and I felt I was treated wonderfully. The office manager is very nice and runs a smooth and professional office. Loved my experience!

You go girl!!!! U look amazing! !!!!
OMG!!! YOU LOOK SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! I WISH MY RESULTS WERE AS GOOD AS YOURS>>>>>>>WOW!!!!
Glad you are feeling so good at 2 weeks. Can't wait to see more pics..you look incredible!
Thanks! It's good to be moving around and I can't wait to get this other drain removed!! The 2nd week is definitely a turning point :)
you look awesome!
I am coming up on wk5, and yes it gets better everyday. weeek one sucked and week two was def a close 2nd for sure :)
im dealing with feeling good, but not being able to work out or be active is driving me nuts. i had a full tt with ab tightened, boob lift and lipo flanks. had my first drain pulled wk 1 then the 2nd drain like wk 3 1/2, and i got a fluid pocket, so stay on massaging your belly from BB to the side to help with lymph draingage:) GL girl, again you look awesome!
Jennicky - can you explain the massge - I am exactly as you with drains - had 30 cc removed with a needle 10 days ago -then another 10cc 4 days ago. How do I massge to help get rid of fluid pockets???
my dr. had me use a paint roller... been rolling since day 2, thats why i was surprised to have a seroma, but they my CG is getting bigger and is not as tight as it should be. Solution, I have been taking a bath towel and folding it over 3 times long ways then wrapping my belly like the CG then putting CG on top of that (at bedtime only been a miracle worker for back swelling from lipo), so that is helping to squeeze. Sorry, the rolling or massage should be done hands flat on tummy close to BB on either side of BB and then with pressure work from BB to flanks/sides. So if you have a paint roller make the roller long ways from middle by BB then roll out to sides. do this for a cpl mins a cpl times a day. it feels good on your swollen areas too, like if u had lipo. i had a massage (bad idea) last friday and come mon morning i woke up and my armpit hurt. I immediately thought, lymphs. called doc and they said my body could be fighting a virus, but I kept thinking the massage had to have been the culprit somehow. went to chiro and they agreed with it being the massage. was extra swollen this week (up 6 -7 pnds ina matter of days, have been dwn 10 since first week of surgery) SOOO massage not a good idea take it from me. we have used the same lady for years, and she even went lighter on me, but i guess it broke up some toxins or something.
WOW!! You look great, what a difference!
Wow! U look great!! I'm having mine feb 2.
Oh you look fantastic!! You have got to be loving that new tummy! Congrats!!
Thanks you! I am very pleased with my results!
Hi... nije job on taking care of your self! You will be so glad that you did this for your self! I am 3 months Post now and STOKED every time I get dressed or undressed..... The recovery takes some time, give yourself as much as you need to heal... the results are well worth it! Enjoy!!!!!
Thanks so much! I can't believe it either!! My PS is a miracle worker!!
OMG LINDSAY!!!! You definitely got your sexy back!!!
VERY impressed talk about a WIN-great job!! :)
Looked again! Is that really you?? LOL really really great (I'm in awe!)
Girl, you look great! I am sure you are pleased with your results. Today is PO 4 for me and I feel okay. I am up and down by myself which is a great improvement! Your tummy and BB looks so good!
u look great! Wishing u a quick recovery ! So happy for u I'm still looking for a dr. hope to get ur results! Take care! Christina
Hey Lindsay, just stopping by to say hello and to see how you are doing! Your PS did an excellent job!
Thanks! I love my PS and I am very pleased with my results!!
Did your Dr put you in a Compression Garment or Binder yet?
No not yet. I will get it next week.
Get to feeling better girl I want to see pictures when u feel up to it! Get some rest and I hope u have an easy recovery!! Take care !
hey! I hope u are recovering well ! Please post pics when u feel up to it! Im sure u will look great !!
Lindsay~ Good luck tomorrow! I know you've got to be anxious but it will be fine. Hey our befores are very similar. I'm 16 weeks now and loving the new me. Just wait and before you know it you'll be saying the same thing!
Good luck tomorrow Lindsay9979! Will be thinking of you...just give us an update when you feel up to it! I'm sure you'll do just fine!