Breast Reconstruction from Lipoma - Greensburg, PA

My name is Michelle and I was diagnosed with a...

My name is Michelle and I was diagnosed with a large Lipoma on my left breast by arecent visit to an Oncologist. The Oncologist felt it was best to see a Plastic Surgeon for removal of the Lipoma because there was a great possibility of my chest going concave. That is when I introduced myself to the Asetique Plastic Surgery and Medispa. Upon calling the office and explaining my situation to the staff they matched me up with Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez. During my consultation I knew that Dr. Clavijo was going to be the Plastic Surgeon for me. My situation was very different and affected me very personally as this also caused a deformation of my breast that made me feel self conscious. Dr. Clavijo listened to me and cared about my feelings and goals I had wanted to achieve thru this surgery. He took the time, sat down with me and explained to me all the possibilities and options of my surgery so nothing was a surprise to me. He made me feel very comfortable as the staff was amazing as well. Everyone made sure all my questions and concerns were answered, before my procedure. On day of my surgery I was greeted by the staff and Dr. Clavijo . While being prepped for my procedure they ALL made sure there were no unanswered questions and that all my concerns were addressed. When the time came for my surgery the anesthesiologist held my hand and led me into the operating room. I was a little nervous just as any individual would be but upon being helped onto the operating table; Dr. Clavijo held one hand and the nurse took my other hand rubbing them gently till I fell asleep. These little measures helped me as an individual know I was in good hands, being cared for by a very compassionate staff. Immediately after my surgery Dr. Clavijo called my family in the waiting room to talk with them about my surgery. The nurses cared for me continuously till I was ready to be discharged. Two days later I had my follow-up appointment. Dr. Clavijo pulled out his camera to showed me exactly how large the mass was that he removed from my breast. I looked at the picture, I looked down and my chest and looked up at him and cried at how wonderful it was to see the amazing work he accomplished with me. Should anyone be considering Cosmetic Surgery for any reason I highly recommend Dr. Clavijo and Aestique for their surgical services. Thank you Dr. Cavijo for helping repair my self esteem and confidence.
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

It's nice you found a doctor you were comfortable with for your surgery. Was the lump large enough that you needed an implant or perhaps fat transfer? Was your other breast affected at all? Glad to hear you are happy and healthy. Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!
Hi Beth. No implant or fat transfer was necessary, breast tissue was used and it went from my left breast all the way over to the middle of my chest. (about 1 inch before It would of reached my right breast) Dr. Clavijo did an amazing job and today was my second follow-up and everything is coming along beautifully! I'm glad to share my story. I know its a rare thing to happen but hopefully it can help someone that may experience the same situation. Thank you for the happy and healthy wishes as they are greatly appreciated!
Oh that's great you didn't need a fat transfer or implant. Sounds like your PS is truly an artist. Do you have any scars you are currently treating? I've noticed most breast surgery scars seem to heal and fade to barely visible. Great news that your follow-up appointment went well!
Hi Beth~ He was a great PS and truly an artist. For the location of the Lipoma being partially located in the middle of my chest he was able to reconstruct and place the scar under the breast itself. Everything is following the healing schedule and I feel great, Thank you! :)
If you're ever feeling brave, feel free to post some photos you're comfortable sharing. It just amazes me what surgeons can do these days!