OMG! Excited but Very Nervous - Greenbelt, MD

Hey everyone I have been reading up on the breast...

Hey everyone I have been reading up on the breast reductions on this site for a while and your stories are really making me feel at ease about this surgery. I've wanted this surgery since I was 19 years old I am now 23 and a 34J (I think lol) and I am only 4'10. I am beyond huge my shoulders and back have taken a real toll I am ready to get the fun bags off my chest. My whole family and my BF have been very supportive I've never had a real surgery before so I am super nervous. My pre-op Is on April 9th it would be great if anyone can give me and type of advice on what I can look forward to and if any of you have lost a substantial amount of weight? I will keep updates for others =)

Sooooo my surgery is exactly 2 weeks from today...

Sooooo my surgery is exactly 2 weeks from today and my pre-op is next Tuesday. I am super excited but still nervous. It's a little weird but I am most nervous about my nipple placement! And getting the feeling back in my nipples.

So i had my Pre-op appointment today! Very excited...

So i had my Pre-op appointment today! Very excited about the change, love the size that ill be! I have soooooooo much going on i need these things off of me now!!!!!!! Dr. Banks is very professional and calm. Her patience made me feel at ease knowing that she takes her time. For those considering her for a surgeon she does 2 breast reduction surgeries a week so I'm confident that she knows what she's doing!

Soooooo my surgery is tomorrow! I'm not nervous at...

Soooooo my surgery is tomorrow! I'm not nervous at all right now. I'm just excited to have small boobies. Just worried about pain and how comfortable I'll be any suggestions!!!!!!!!???

Hey everyone! I am 3 day post op! I am still on...

hey everyone! I am 3 day post op! I am still on bed rest there are a lot of things I cannot do on my own. Today was also the first day I took full shower I have no strength whatsoever... I hate having people do other things for me. Dr. Banks was amazing! I took a look at my breast today they are still swollen ill post some pictures in a couple days but I'm doing great hoping for a speedy recovery!
Washington Plastic Surgeon

Any post opp photos?
Post op pic?
I congratulate you on the procedure, you definitely had some weight on your shoulders. Gosh, I couldn't imaging my breast ever being that size. But kudos to you:)
I'm excited for you, and anxious to see your post-op pics. Dr. Banks performed my tummy tuck in February, and although I couldn't be happier with my flat belly, it actually ACCENTUATED my 38JJ breasts, so I'm even more anxious to get a reduction... keep us posted!
Welcome to the flip side. Rest well, take stool softeners and don't try to be brave about the pain. Take your pain meds when you need them. Happy healing :)
Awesome!!!! Happy Healing to you !!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!
I am in Maryland also and I am soooo happy i found this site, i am also happy for you!!! Trust me I know the struggle all to well, i think im a little bigger than you. Im not nervous but im anxious to get more info from my ps. I look forward to reading your updates and hopefully i get the courage to put up pics. The ladies on this site are awesome, i always felt like i traveled this journey alone so i admire the women who share my story. Again congratulations!!!
Thank you sooo much! Don't worry I was very hesitant too, to post pictures but watching other people made me feel at ease so I'm doing the same in return. I am still healing but I am sooooooooooooo extremely happy that I did it and its done. If you need me I am definitely here for you!
I hope your healing is going well. I just have a few questions, i don't mean to be a nuisance since i know you are still recovering but when you have a second i have these couple of questions based on your experience. I had my consultation on Thursday 4/18 and my ps said he would get me in as soon as possible and he seemed really sincere, my fear and excitement is that he will call me this week, i kn hoow that's probably unrealistic ,
But my question is how long was it from your consultation to you finding out your date to the date of your surgery? Did you have drains put in? Did you have to stay at the hospital overnight? I know i will have to stay overnight, im going to holy cross hospital.
No problem! i had a million question too!I have never been to holy cross hospital but from what I her they treat their patients very well, my cousin was born there my aunt was treated very well. I was originally suppose to have it done at doctors hospital in lanham. I ended up having it at a surgical center Forbes Surgical center to be specific they were soooooooo good to me and extremely patient. It was an in and out surgery took 3 1/2 hours and about a 1 1/2 of recovery and they let me go home. The moment I found out that my surgery was approved I scheduled it the same day which was about 3 weeks from that day. No drains thank goodness! I leaked the day after for a little bit after that I was good unil I took my first my first full shower yesterday the old blood leak from the water ( a bit graphic but giving you everything). Idk if your going through your insurance company but waiting for them is what took the longest which was about a month.
In so excited to see pictures! Hope you get some strength back soon it must be frustrating being so helpless. Chin up, and congrats!
Good luck hope all went well with surgery. Your breast were gi..nor...mous I pray your healing well and super excited out your new breast.
Good luck! Can't wait for updates.
I don't know what time your surgery is, but I'll be thinking of you! I hope it goes well, and can't wait to hear from you afterwards!! :)
thank you soooooooooooooooo much! i will keep you upated =)
Yay!! :)
Ur*
I kno wur probably up. Soo excited. Cant sleep. Hahahaha. Soo happy for you. Please keep us posted on how ur doing
I'll pray that everything goes well and you are happy with the results! Don't be discouraged if they don't seem as small as you want at first because they'll be swollen for a while. Mine are still getting smaller, and I'm about to be at 4 weeks post-op as of tomorrow! Get lots of rest the first couple days (you probably won't really be able to avoid it because I could *not* stay awake for more than a few minutes at a time!). Good luck, and I'm sure everything will go well! :)