Nightmare That is Never Ending - Green Bay, WI

I had Faxel Laser done 7 months ago. I had a great...

I had Faxel Laser done 7 months ago. I had a great complexion except for a little malasma on my checks. I went to Prevea Plastic Surgeon in Green bay, becuase I thought I could trust them talked with them for about a year before I finanaly did it. I was told nothing could go wrong and I would be fine in 7 days, but 7 months later my face is deformed with pimples which I only had 4 in my entire life, and now my face is covered with them, I have lines or wrinkles, huge pore and blotching skin, which I did not have any of these before the procedure. I look horrid and haven't left the house since I had this done except to got to work. I'm extremely depressed and can't look in the mirror. After everything that could go wrong, went wrong I was told I shouldn't be mad at the person who performed the precedure, because she was impropperly trained by the head of the clinic and was asked to seek a second opinion. All my questions were answered with I don't know, and they did not want to help me in any way. Please don't do it!

Prevea Plastic Surgeons in Green Bay

Troll
I wake up everyday to more damage and my skin ages before my eyes. I have decided I will have a face lift or end my life which ever one comes first. I can't take it anymore. I have had no life in 11 months since the procedure. Prevea Plastic Surgeons in Green Bay Wisconsin ruined my face and my life for money. I am sick of wanting to die everyday, since they have deformed me and having everyone stare at me with pitty because I was lied to by them and now suffer from the decision I made from those lies told to me. Please think hard and long before taking the chance of having your face ruined and having to spend money you don't have to fix the damage, because it will cost you more than you can imagine. Try everything before getting Fraxel done, because it will destroy not only your face also your life and you think your doctor will care, we'll mine didn't he still sleeps at night. Maybe yours will, but don't chance it. I thought my doctor would but after the procedure, he didn't want to care for me any longer, and wanted me to see another plastic surgeon in Milwaukee, which is a 2 hour drive. I had wasted all my vacation, and took numerous sick days already. There are a lot of wonderful other doctors in Green Bay, so why did he want me to see one in Milwaukee. He just wanted to get rid of me like a piece of garbage, and didn't want to treat me anymore, because he damage my face so bad. Please don't ruin your life and have fraxel, the damage gets worst with time. I am living proof of that.
It is really hard for me to get out of bed everyday to face the world like this. I totally feel your pain. Just do not give up! I really used to be a pretty girl, and I still have a beautiful soul.You do too.Do whatever it takes to try and make it better . I am interviewing FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEONS who only work on and do tons of different kinds of facelifts and have GOOD RESULTS .I am extremely aware there is no guarantee, but at this point we have to try. I think maybe some muscle tightening and alignment will help a lot with bringing our natural looks in place.I know the scarring is hard though. I have panic attacks every day. WE ARE WORTH IT!!!
11 months now and it just gets worst, and I have become more isolated everyday, and more self concience. I hate my life more and more everday, and my face just gets worst. I know I will never trust doctors anymore after what Prevea Plastic Surgeons did to me, and all the lie they told me and how they treated me after they ruined my face. Counseling did not help, it might help others, but not me, because I have to look in the mirror everyday. This is the biggest mistake of my life. I use to be pretty, now I am do ugly. I use to exercise 5 days a week, always ate healthy and dressed nice, never went to a tanning booth or very seldom laid in the sun. Now I live in jogging suites, don't care how I look anymore. I very seldom even get a haircut, because I don't want anyone to see me anymore. I go to work come home and take a sleeping, then go to bed. This is my life now. I do eat healthy yet, but I really don't think my face will ever be the same, very depressed and it gets worst everyday. I now am taking strong anti-depressants, but they don't seem to be helping. I think the only thing that will help me is if someone can fix my face, but so far after seeing numerous doctors, no one seems to be able to help, My life is over, I died that day, and will no longer be that same person again.
I also was deformed by fraxel dual in July 2012. I have complete facial fat loss , white melted scarring , the lower part of my face dropped from the fat loss and I look long, stretched out, jowls. NO midface left.COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY AND FLATTENED. I look alien like. The ironic and most horrible thing is, the beginning of 2012, I was so happy, good looking, and now.... I don't feel like I can make it most days. Also have been recommended a face-lift. Am 42 and everyone said you look 32.Now I look 62 and deformed.
I am so sorry this happened to you. I am in the same situation, I look 10 to fifteen years younger before I had fraxel now I have aged 20 years older. My face is so badly scarred and deformed also.I only go to work now, have no social life, and very depressed and unhappy. My life was destroyed along with my face, and Prevea Plastic Surgeons don't care and continue to let the 1 year beauty school person called an aestitician use lasers. I hope you find help, for me most days I have given up hope.
I look in the mirror everyday and my complexion just gets worst, and my skin is aging. I hate what those doctors did to my face. I am no longer the person I was, they killed that person on November 21st, 2011. Megan, the doctors nurse told me about a month after the procedure, just think how bad you would like if you would of been in a car accident, I went home and cried. What a comment a nurse could make to someone who is already so upset about what they had done to my face, and she calls herself a nurse. 3 months went I went to see the doctor he suggested I have a face lift, and right before the procedure he stated I looked great for my age, and wouldn't need any work done, and this procedure would take care of my malasma. How could they do and say the things they did to me, these are doctors and nurses. This was a nightmare that is not ending, I feel so bad for everyone who is going through this, and hope someday we can all get our lives back, because right now I don't have a life. I go to work come home, take a sleeping pill, go to sleep, get up go to work again. I don't exercise anymore, I use to 5 to 6 days a week, I use to socialize with friends and family, I don't do that anymore, I use to go shopping, because I cared about how I looked, now I'm so ugly, I wear the same things day after day, I use to go get my hair done at the beauty shop, now I cut it myself because I can't stand people starring at me, I use to smile and laugh and have fun, I don't even know how to do that anymore, I use to work in my garden and sit in my gazebo, wouldn't even think about going outside anymore. They killed that person, I only wish someday, which I'm losing hope, will I ever be again. As more time passes, I have just become this very distant, shy, lonely, depressed person, with nothing to look forward to. This is what Fraxel laser and the doctors at Prevea Plastic Surgeons did to me and my life, if you can call it a life, I feel like I'm only living to hope for death now. I hate doctors and won't ever trust them again. I can't believe there is nothing that can help me or any of us. I have prayed and payed. How can these laser companies and doctors live within themselves knowing this is what there doing to people, or yes there getting rich over it, greed. I wish someone could help get my face back so I can have a life again, but like so many people on the internet, it's all a guessing game. I have tried almost every product out there but nothing seems to help, just hurts me financially, which I'm running out or money. I have seen so many doctors, but no one seems to know what to do to help. I just wonder how many people have ended there lives because of laser treatments, and how many more will, maybe someday I will give up hope to, and then just end my too.These doctors should at least try and help there patience, unlike mine, so there life isn't ruined. By all the mean and cruel things Prevea Plastic Surgeons did and said to me should be against the law. No one should ever be treated like I was treated, and this is a doctors office, these people should not be in the medical profession. Maybe god picked me for them to do this to, because I have so many friends, and they can warn everyone to stay away from there. They lied to me, it was just one lie after another, until they could not lie, and I wouldn't listen to there lies anymore, or I wouldn't give them anymore money, because they wanted to charge me $550.00 for a temporary fix, then after 3 months they could charge me another $550.00 for another stem cell procedure, and so on and so on. I didn't trust them after they ruined my face, and a lot of my friends, family and doctors told me this was not a good idea, who knows how much more damage they would do, just to get more money out of you, and good thing I talked with everyone before doing the stem cell, because they lied to me about fraxel, ruined my face and life, and now they wanted more money, to what, who knows, but the way they treated me after, I don't think it was to help me, it was greed. Yes, and stress is horrible for your skin. I know, and I have tried not to be stressed but it is extremely difficult when you look in the mirror and you don't know who your looking at, because that person is really ugly, and I didn't look like that before. I'm not only depressed now, but so angry. I never got angry before, so I really don't know who that person is, but stress yes my life is one big ball of stress. How can a person not be stressed out when there face and there life is destroyed by the lies of a doctor, please tell me. Please if anyone can help, would love to hear from you. .
Thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement. I don't know why my replies are showing up under biggest mistake of my life, Julie Hermann, and I think maybe something else. I not very good on the computer. Please pray for me and others who have had our skin ruined and our lives. I will too.I don't know how much of this I can take, most people could of had faced lifts, and the down time and healing time would have been so much shorter, no wonder the doctors lie about the procedure. How many people would really go through with it knowing how the length of healing the side effects, how much the cost would be to fix your face after, and how it would affect your life, I know I would of run if I would of been told the truth. I know if my face would of turned out good, I would of never looked for this website, but then I don't really like computers. I can't keep on living like this, it's a prison that the doctors put me in. Does anyone know how long you have to stay out of the sun even with sunscreen? I hope it not forever like some are saying, I use to love hiking, and yard work.
I agree with everyone else. I had Fraxel to fix hyperpigmentation and scarring that resulted from a very rare filler complication that caused a compressed blood vessel. The filler was the first big mistake, the second mistake was the suggested Fraxel to repair the damage. I waited for the filler injury to heal over a period of three months before considering Fraxel. The hyperpigmentation was not getting better so I felt I needed to do something. I researched Fraxel thoroughly prior to doing it and I became so frightened by what I've read that I cancelled the appointment. I was haunted by that decision and felt Fraxel was my only fix to normalize the horrible hyperpigmentation and scarring. I rescheduled and did it...and guess what...I regret it. Now I suffer from abnormal orange peel texture, lines, indents. My face is quite a mess...It progresses over time. Trust me, just don't do it.
Also, the hyperpigmentation and scarring never got better. It's hardly effective, certainly not worth the money and permanent skin damage.
Please share w me your original problems that you spought fraxel to fix. They have told me it takes up to a year to see all the results. I have broken capuillaries a nd rosecia or purplish tone on chin and acne scares. There are 4 types of fraxell lazore each goes deeper. My viens are shallow and deep both so they want to use the strongest or deepest.I had the Candella lazor 15 years ago i was BLACK and Blue. 6 mo.s later the capillaries improved some. Now at 51 yrs. Old menopause has wreaked my skin! Broken cap's eveywhere, I cant think i coild look worse. So i want to try Fraxsill but i am also Scared!
Don't do it. You think you look bad now wait until after you have Fraxel.It will ruin your face and your life.I had a slight skin condition called malasma on my cheeks, otherwise my complexion was amazing, now I feel and look deformed, that's what fraxel did for me. My malasma is also worst.My skin have aged about 10 years since I had fraxel, lines, wrinkles, brown spots, huge pores, loss of volume, scars, pimples ( never had a pimple in my life until this procedure, and sagging skin. This is what you will have to look forward to. Please don't ruin your life like I did. Most of the time I feel dead,can't look in the mirror, and have no life, that's what fraxel did to my face and my life. My family hurts and has suffered, because this has changed me and my life, for the worst. Most of the time I'm just really sad and depressed. I ask myself over and over why did I believe those liars, and I'm angry they can get away with doing this to me and to who knows how many others, and feel nothing. It's all about the money at Prevea Plastic Siurgeons, has nothing to do with helping people, or with making people feel good about themselves and making people look good, it's just the money.

My skin was the worst until around 9 months then it slowly got better as far as texture and tone.

Do you mind sharing an update?

11 months and my skin just gets worst. I thought it might get better, but no it just gets worst. Did your skin ever get back to looking good?

Not completely but it did get much better.  I'm doong TCA peels.  I just had one in the beginning of August and I am hopeful.
Thank you. How long ago did you have Fraxel and what are TCA peels?
Thank you. What are TCA peels and how long ago did you have Fraxel?

I've had one peel.  My next one is in a couple of weeks.  I will keep you posted on the progress. I'm 2 years post my last Fraxel.  I chose to wait this long hoping it would heal on its own.
HI,
Where did you have this TCA peel, and how long did you wait before the first one. I'm really depressed today and angry about this whole thing. When will it stop and when will I get my face back. Why did Prevea Plastic Surgeons lie, and how can they live with themselves, and how many more lives will they destroy? I am a person with feelings and did have a life, before they destroyed it. I told some of the doctors, maybe I wouldn't be so depressed if they would of treated me with just a little respect and cared, and tried to help me, but nothing, not even any advice about what I should do. I want people to know if they treated me so poorly for this procedure people should be cautious to go to them for any procedure, because if something goes wrong they won't be there for you, because your not a person just another dollar. They will treat you great before, but hope nothing goes wrong, because if it does, they don't want you there and won't help you in anyway, even if it's only after care advice.Like me you will be lucky if they even return your phone calls, I called numerous times after, and most of the time no one returned my call. You know how they told me I would like someone beat me up, the nurse called me and stated I would look like this for 6 - 8 months, then I tried to ask questions, before she would even answer one question she said got to go and hung up on me. I called back numerous times, which no one returned my call. I called the head of the clinic, and she stated I can't get calling there, and I told her is that how they inform cancer patience and other patience, call them and hang up on them, and not answer any of there questions, and all I want is some questions answered. I finally gave up and had to go to all doctors in the area and other area's for answers, but none of them used the laser, which was more confusing, because all of them told me different things, it was night mare, even though all the other doctors were extremely nice, and couldn't believe how Prevea Clinic has treated me. My regular doctor is at Bellin, and any procedure I had at Bellin they always called me to see how I was doing. I had a simple colonostopy at Bellin and they called me the next day, not once did Prevea call me to see how I was doing. I always received a birthday card from them on my birthday before the procedure, this birthday I received a nasty letter from Dr. Janitch. How could he, I hadn't called there or went there pretty much since this happened and I realized they weren't going to help me. I had all my records transfered and found new doctors. My life was going on, and I was feeling better, but then he had to remind me about this whole nightmare by sending me a nasty letter. After this procedure I went into counseling to help, because everyday I looked in the mirror I really didn't want to live. Dr. Janitch could not understand that because he thought I should just except it and go on, and he calls himself a plastic surgeon. Most people go to a plastic surgeon to look better and feel better about themselves, not to walk out deformed and except it and go on. He is the one who needs help. He needs to go back to school and learn how to treat people, rather than to think that's it's all about the money. I had other people listen to some of my phone calls with them, when they called me back in the first two months of this procedure, and no one could believe the way they talked to me and the way they treated me. After that I just gave up and started going to other doctors. Everyone in the clinic I believed is trained to lie to all the patience, because afterwards, I caught the nurses, the people at the front desk, Cindy the facial person, all in lies, and the Doctor. If they would of told me the truth about this procedure, I would have not have done it, but that's why they had to lie, because if they would tell the truth about this procedure no one would do it, that's what one doctor said to me, and need to pay for the laser. It all made sense to me. There are a lot of plastic surgeons out there that care about there patience, and will tell you the truth, because they don't want there patience lives to be ruined like Prevea ruined mine. I just don't want anyone else to go through what I am going through. It's terrible to have to live like this, and no one seems to know what to do to help, or if or when we will ever get our faces back and our lives. 10 months seems like forever in prison in my home, and every time I look in the mirror it's torture. they not only ruined my face my life, but it has affected my family, friends, co-workers,and job. How could they do this to me over money, they robbed me of my life. I have a lot of friends, a lot of them wealthy and do these kind of procedure, so at least I can spread the word about this procedure and Prevea, and all of them know by looking at what they did to my face and my life, that they want to warn people, so they don't ruin anymore faces or lives.If anyone can help please Help.

Please list your concerns from highest to lowest so I can help you address them.  Please look at my posts.  I've corresponded with so many people on here. I truly believe you will see improvement but anxiety and stress will make things worse.  I know that is easier said than done but PLEASE try to relax, sleep and eat as best as you can.  Lots of fruits and veggies.  List your concerns and I will try my best to help you.  I'm praying for you!!
wrinkles, large pores, sagging skin, scars, discoloration, creepy looking skin around mouth, loss of volume. Thank you, I need all the help I can get. I just want my face, skin, and life back. Please Help!!!

Addressing....wrinkles, large pores, discoloration and crepey skin:  I have seen great improvement with Cetaphil (wash), Exfoderm (Obagi) and Sunscreen (any with high SPF) in the am then Blender (Obagi) with Retin A (prescription) in the pm.  I was red as a beet for 6 months but I saw improvement.  I had to stop in the summer because my kids play lots of outdoor sports.  I had a TCA peel in August with good results.  I will need a few more but I am hopeful.  I wash with Cetaphil then sunscreen in the am then a hydroquinone and Retin A (doctor compound) at night.  When I go back for my second peel, I am going to ask about adding an acid in the am or Vitamin C.

Since you are still early in you damage, I would address the texture then the sagging.  I believe healing takes a lot longer than they claim and you would still see skin firming up.  Read this review.  http://www.realself.com/review/spain-fraxel-laser-scarred6-weeks-post-fraxel-restore  According to her settings, she had a very light treatment.  If you treatment was agressive then it would take longer.

I am sorry you had such a horrible experience:(   But we thank you for sharing your story with us.  I hope that some how you are able to find some help to turn this around for you.

Hang in there and know you have support here on RealSelf.

Thank you I need all the support I can get. I hope someday I will find something also to help my face, but I'm losing hope. No one seems to know how to correct the damage this laser can do, even the doctors office Prevea Plastic Surgeons in Green Bay, but then I don't think they cared. It was all about the money, never the person who's life they ruin. On my birthday instead of sending me a birthday card, Dr. Janitch at Prevea Plastic surgeons sent me a nasty letter, more or less saying I was in non-compliance, because I refused to pay him $550.00 for a stem cell procedure that would temporary help for about 3 months, then my face would go back to what it was ruined. It also stated he no longer wanted to see me, but that I should get another plastic surgeon, which I did about 6 weeks after the procedure, because they were rude, nasty and mean, had no answers for any of my questions ( example can I exercise ) ( there answer I don't know, which was the answer for all my questions). While taking to them about the procedure before, and being told nothing could go wrong, they were very nice, but once they got my money everything changed. After the procedure, they wanted me to see another plastic surgeon, which all the other doctors recommended I don;t go see that surgeon he recommended. Please don't ever do anything stupid like this. Thank you so much for your support.