Not Worth the Pain, Time or Money!!!! - Greece

I had this procedure done by a certified plastic...

I had this procedure done by a certified plastic surgeon. I am of fit and of normal weight. I do not have a lot of excess fat. I had it done because I wanted to tighten my skin and get rid of cellulite. I though I would try it on one area first to see if it works before doing other areas of the body. Unfortunately I was convinced by the doctor that I would be very happy. He told me that he always had amazing results. Like a fool I when ahead.

I had my chin, triceps, back, oblique, buttocks, inner and outer thighs and knees done. I wore compression garment for 2 months. I started walking at first and increased my cardio and weights from one and a half hours a day 4 times a week to 2+ hours 5 times a week. The only change to my body has been more muscle from the increased exercise. Absolutely no benefit from the smart lip. In fact my chin is worse then it was before the procedure.

I would defiantly not recommend it to my family or friends

7,500 was in Euro

7,500 was in Euro

The problem for me Sharon is I did not have much fat to take out. I had it done for skin firming and cellulite. The doctor told me that is what smartlipo works well on. It did nothing for me!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the RealSelf web site. It is very informative.
I am going to see a doctor for Lasik. Thanks to all the comments, I now know what to ask and expect. I wish I had found this site before I had the smartlipo.

I'm kind of at a loss of what to say. I'm not a doctor, and I wouldn't like to pretend I know more than your doc, but the whole situation sounds strange. I've only heard of Smart Lipo MPX for skin tightening, and I'm pretty sure that includes actually removing the fat too. I can't wrap my head around it...

Have you thought about posting on the Doctor Q&A Forum? I'm sure it'll make better sense to them and they can let you know their opinions on your lack of results.

Thanks for the kind words about RealSelf btw. :) I've been debating Lasik for years, and all the stories here have really helped me get over my fear of it.

Thanks. I will post the questions.

He should have let me do 1 area given it enough time to see if I had results before going on. He gave me a written guarantee that after 6 months if I did not obtain satisfactory results, he would redo the area. Before having the procedure done, he responded to my emails and answered my questions right away. After the 6 months, I have sent him many emails informing him that there has been no improvement to the areas. He is not responding. I did not go back to the office as it is 4 hours away. Nor have I tried to reach him by phone. What’s the point? I could try holding him to the guarantee but why go through the pain again when it does not work!