27 Year Old with Thunder Thighs for Days - Great Neck, NY

Well, I finally bit the bullet and went in for...

Well, I finally bit the bullet and went in for surgery that I had been longing for, for years. I found a lifebooker deal for $2,200 plus $100 for the compression garment and I jumped on the deal. I'm only 3 days post op but loving the results so far. My doctor removed 1600cc of fat which equals 3.5 pounds, and I couldn't be happier.

SO swollen!

I'm just a day shy of being a week post op and my legs are bigger than they were before surgery. They are incredibly sensitive and it is still fairly uncomfortable to do any standing or walking for more than 10 to 15 minutes.
I must say, after three breast enhancement surgeries, two nose jobs, and multiple other procedures, this is by far the worst.
The incision wounds are healing up nicely as well as the bruising. It's hardly noticeable and already a light yellow.

Day 6 pic update

Day 6

Huge difference in your pictures. Did you just have inner thighs done?
Thank you! I did just have my inner thighs done. Thankfully my doctor was aggressive with the fat removal, so once this swelling goes down I should see a drastic difference.
Thanks for sharing.  What about this recovery makes it worse than the breast and nose surgeries?  The swelling and discomfort?

Looking good!

You don't look like you have a lot of bruising. I had my surgery on the 27th Feb and the I am extremely bruised. Interesting to see your photos and I totally understand what you mean about the pain.
The compression garment sounds very uncomfortable, especially getting in and out of it after surgery.  Are things getting better?

I've been bad about wearing my compression garment...

But, I feel fantastic. I'm still really swollen and now my thighs have gone from a soft, mushy consistency to firm and bumpy. I've have noticed a considerable amount of skin tightening though, which I'm thrilled about. After years of yo-yo dieting my skin on my inner thighs was so saggy and now it's as if it had always been this way. I honestly can't even believe how much of a difference this has made. Although this has been the worst recovery wise, I would recommend this to anyone considering it. I know I have a long ways to go, but I am so happy with the results so far.
Were you asleep during the procedure?
No, sadly not! It was the first of my surgeries that I was not put all the way under and in all honesty, it was awful. I'm not describing this well I'm sure, but to administer the numbing agent or whatever is used, the doctor must already be under your skin. So first some numbing agent is injected, then 20 minutes later the doctor cuts open your incision wounds and starts piercing through your fat with the liposuction spear. It was absolutely horrifying. I don't want to scare you, I just would have liked to know that before going in. Initially I did feel it and it hurt like hell, though after about 10 minutes of painful prodding, all I felt was pressure.
The photos I have put up are my before photos. I am just going to write a bit more and add more photos now. Very bruised, you will see in the new pics.

Massage! Massage! Massage!

So last night after feeling and seeing how bumpy I was I got out some lotion and sat and massaged my legs for a good hour. It was a bit painful, but by the time I was done they already looked and felt 100% better. I was also sure to sleep with my compression garment on last night and upon waking up, my legs felt and looked amazing. They still feel weirdly firm, yet it's a solid firm. No more unsightly bumps! I will now be super diligent to massage every night after seeing the results of just doing it once.
Sorry I know this will probably be hard to explain but how did you massage, flat hand or with your knuckles, or did you use something to do it? Also are you going to get any professional massages?
Hey Jay, It sounds a little weird, but I leaned back on my couch with my legs straight up in the air and either with my thumb or fingers made small circular motions working down my legs. I used plenty of coco butter while doing this to make sure my hands glided smoothly over my skin. After several rounds of working down each leg, I then focused on a few of the areas that had pronounced bumps. Again, I used my fingers to kind of knead out the bumps then went over my entire legs a few more times. You'll feel the difference immediately after. They felt SO MUCH better. This morning when I woke up they looked great and only had a few slight bumps that I rubbed out after my shower. I don't plan on going for massages from a professional. I've read mixed reviews on the true effectiveness of lymphatic massages and such, and quite frankly after seeing the results that I can accomplish by myself, I'd rather save the money.
Thanks for the info. I still have bruising coming out and extremely painful so will try your method in another 5-7 days when the pain settles a bit more.

Quick recommendation for shapewear!

I purchased these Naomi & Nicole Sheer Derriere Lift Capris and I wanted to share how great they are. Most shapewear cuts off at the thigh, and those of you with big thighs understand how uncomfortable that is. These are perfect for when you transition to only wearing your heavy duty compression garment at night. It keeps your entire leg feeling snug without the sausage feeling. I got mine at Macy's, but the sell them at Kohls as well.
Not only do they make your legs look amazing, they give your butt a lifted look too!
Thanks so much for that. Spent all day trying to find something online. Will try Macy's website this morning.
Sounds like you have come upon the key. Taking the time to do it right yourself and a lubricant so the message glides. Thanks for the info.
Mine was done under local and I am glad to say I did not have the same experience. My decision was made because of the effects the generals have on me.

Almost three weeks!

I'm feeling almost 100% except when I try to squat down, I still feel some pulling. I've been wearing my garment less and less and have not felt terribly swollen. My legs have not made too much progress from week 2, but I definitely notice when I walk there is no "chub rub", it's the best thing. My legs have also gone from super firm to almost normal feeling with just one or two firm spots I rub daily.
I can see a difference between your pre-op and most recent pics.  Congrats!!!
You sound like your doing really well. I'm 2 weeks today and still really sore but your post gives me hops that in a week I'll be much better. I have tried your massage technique a few days back and will do it again today. Too sore to do it everyday at this stage. Thanks so much for your reviews, very helpful!

Headed away on vacation and I finally it!

Today is my three week mark and I am so happy! I was sitting at the airport waiting to board my flight not paying attention with my legs propped up, and I looked down and saw what I always wanted. . . The gap! What a great way to start this trip!
Thank you for sharing your story! I'll be having the same thing on Feb 28th, and it's just like you said....the dream of no "chub rub". I am feeling more confident after reading your story, and seeing your pics. THANK YOU!!!!
Your sooo lucky. I'm still waiting to see I difference. I know I will as how can they remove 3000ml's and there not be a difference but its hard waiting!

Love, love, love!!!

So it's been about 5 and a 1/2 weeks since my surgery and my legs keep getting better and better. I just returned from a few weeks on vacation, and for the first time in my life felt confident in a bathing suit.
I do notice some irregularities and divots, but I also have not been massaging at all and I'm sure that's expected. I had read somewhere that taking out over a pound of fat from your inner thighs is the max recommended and my doctor took out 3.5. Honestly, if the mild lumps and bumps never go away, I wouldn't mind. I've never worn shorts or skirts before the surgery because of my unsightly thighs and I don't need to start. They look so fantastic while clothed now, this is all I've ever wanted.
My only regret with this surgery is not doing it 5 years sooner! I'm already thinking about a second procedure for my upper arms.
I'm 4 months post op. Does your inner thighs have any deep bruising?
Nope. It was honestly strange how little I bruised at all. I'm the type where if I as so much a bump my leg, I'll have a grapefruit size bruise and it'll stay weeks. My bruises from my procedure were nearly gone after only one week. I really couldn't believe it.
that's great.

A little lumpy but no regrets

It's been a few months since my surgery and as expected with such aggressive fat removal, there are irregularities. It's only noticeable when I'm not clothed so, I'm not terribly bothered by it. Hopefully I'll see some more skin tightening as months go by, either way though, I am still in love with my new legs.
I was wanting to go to dr Marciano for my abdomen do u think shes good?
I have a few irregularities as well. But over all I'm happy.
What u r saying is exactly what I have and what I think. Very, very pleased with sleek lines with my clothes on.

Lumps and bumps!

Super lumpy and uneven. I did say "no regrets" and I still stand firmly by that. I just wanted to post an update of my legs to show anyone who's interested. I have a few deep gouges in my thighs. I wear yoga pants and they can actually be seen through them if you're looking for them. I'm sure no one else notices. My skin has tightened up a bit closer to my crotch, so that's great it no longer sags. All in all, I'd do it again still taking out so much.
I will be speaking with my doctor about what can be done at my 6 month mark.
Wow! Thank you for sharing your journey. Your legs look wonderful. I am a little nervous about the swelling in my inner and outer thighs. I am 8 days post and definitely do not see the difference as your 8 day photos indicate. What did you decide at your 6 month talk with your Doc?
HI! I was wondering how you are doing now? Are you happy with your results? I think your thighs look fabulous! would you post some new pics? I am having thigh lipo in about 3 weeks.
Congrats on your progress! Did you have regular Lipo or Smart Lipo done? I just stumbled upon your profile and enjoyed how informative your updates have been. I've always been a sceptic of thigh SL due to reports of "uneven skin/lumps and bumps 6 months po. However, reading the steps you took during the first few weeks, has changed my mind. So, thank you :-) Keep up with your massaging and keep the CG on. It seems to have don't the trick. Happy recovery and looking forward to reading from you :-)
Dr. Deborah Marciano

So far so good. . . I'll update with how my procedures results are as I heal more.