27 Year Old with Thunder Thighs for Days - Great Neck, NY

Well, I finally bit the bullet and went in for...

Well, I finally bit the bullet and went in for surgery that I had been longing for, for years. I found a lifebooker deal for $2,200 plus $100 for the compression garment and I jumped on the deal. I'm only 3 days post op but loving the results so far. My doctor removed 1600cc of fat which equals 3.5 pounds, and I couldn't be happier.

SO swollen!

I'm just a day shy of being a week post op and my legs are bigger than they were before surgery. They are incredibly sensitive and it is still fairly uncomfortable to do any standing or walking for more than 10 to 15 minutes.
I must say, after three breast enhancement surgeries, two nose jobs, and multiple other procedures, this is by far the worst.
The incision wounds are healing up nicely as well as the bruising. It's hardly noticeable and already a light yellow.

Day 6 pic update

Day 6

Looking good!

I've been bad about wearing my compression garment...

But, I feel fantastic. I'm still really swollen and now my thighs have gone from a soft, mushy consistency to firm and bumpy. I've have noticed a considerable amount of skin tightening though, which I'm thrilled about. After years of yo-yo dieting my skin on my inner thighs was so saggy and now it's as if it had always been this way. I honestly can't even believe how much of a difference this has made. Although this has been the worst recovery wise, I would recommend this to anyone considering it. I know I have a long ways to go, but I am so happy with the results so far.

Massage! Massage! Massage!

So last night after feeling and seeing how bumpy I was I got out some lotion and sat and massaged my legs for a good hour. It was a bit painful, but by the time I was done they already looked and felt 100% better. I was also sure to sleep with my compression garment on last night and upon waking up, my legs felt and looked amazing. They still feel weirdly firm, yet it's a solid firm. No more unsightly bumps! I will now be super diligent to massage every night after seeing the results of just doing it once.

Quick recommendation for shapewear!

I purchased these Naomi & Nicole Sheer Derriere Lift Capris and I wanted to share how great they are. Most shapewear cuts off at the thigh, and those of you with big thighs understand how uncomfortable that is. These are perfect for when you transition to only wearing your heavy duty compression garment at night. It keeps your entire leg feeling snug without the sausage feeling. I got mine at Macy's, but the sell them at Kohls as well.
Not only do they make your legs look amazing, they give your butt a lifted look too!

Almost three weeks!

I'm feeling almost 100% except when I try to squat down, I still feel some pulling. I've been wearing my garment less and less and have not felt terribly swollen. My legs have not made too much progress from week 2, but I definitely notice when I walk there is no "chub rub", it's the best thing. My legs have also gone from super firm to almost normal feeling with just one or two firm spots I rub daily.

Headed away on vacation and I finally it!

Today is my three week mark and I am so happy! I was sitting at the airport waiting to board my flight not paying attention with my legs propped up, and I looked down and saw what I always wanted. . . The gap! What a great way to start this trip!

Love, love, love!!!

So it's been about 5 and a 1/2 weeks since my surgery and my legs keep getting better and better. I just returned from a few weeks on vacation, and for the first time in my life felt confident in a bathing suit.
I do notice some irregularities and divots, but I also have not been massaging at all and I'm sure that's expected. I had read somewhere that taking out over a pound of fat from your inner thighs is the max recommended and my doctor took out 3.5. Honestly, if the mild lumps and bumps never go away, I wouldn't mind. I've never worn shorts or skirts before the surgery because of my unsightly thighs and I don't need to start. They look so fantastic while clothed now, this is all I've ever wanted.
My only regret with this surgery is not doing it 5 years sooner! I'm already thinking about a second procedure for my upper arms.

A little lumpy but no regrets

It's been a few months since my surgery and as expected with such aggressive fat removal, there are irregularities. It's only noticeable when I'm not clothed so, I'm not terribly bothered by it. Hopefully I'll see some more skin tightening as months go by, either way though, I am still in love with my new legs.

Lumps and bumps!

Super lumpy and uneven. I did say "no regrets" and I still stand firmly by that. I just wanted to post an update of my legs to show anyone who's interested. I have a few deep gouges in my thighs. I wear yoga pants and they can actually be seen through them if you're looking for them. I'm sure no one else notices. My skin has tightened up a bit closer to my crotch, so that's great it no longer sags. All in all, I'd do it again still taking out so much.
I will be speaking with my doctor about what can be done at my 6 month mark.
Dr. Deborah Marciano

So far so good. . . I'll update with how my procedures results are as I heal more.

Wow! Thank you for sharing your journey. Your legs look wonderful. I am a little nervous about the swelling in my inner and outer thighs. I am 8 days post and definitely do not see the difference as your 8 day photos indicate. What did you decide at your 6 month talk with your Doc?
HI! I was wondering how you are doing now? Are you happy with your results? I think your thighs look fabulous! would you post some new pics? I am having thigh lipo in about 3 weeks.
Congrats on your progress! Did you have regular Lipo or Smart Lipo done? I just stumbled upon your profile and enjoyed how informative your updates have been. I've always been a sceptic of thigh SL due to reports of "uneven skin/lumps and bumps 6 months po. However, reading the steps you took during the first few weeks, has changed my mind. So, thank you :-) Keep up with your massaging and keep the CG on. It seems to have don't the trick. Happy recovery and looking forward to reading from you :-)
Hey darlin, I had Smart Lipo. As mentioned in my post, my legs are quite lumpy. I'm not thrilled with the results because seen without clothing, it's pretty noticeable. I'm not one to ever show my legs off though so all I can say is I'm happy. Had I gone with another doctor, they'd have not removed so much fat, and I'm sure I'd be more unhappy with that then the lumpy thighs.
I have a few lumps 2. My dr is going to only work on the lumps. He told me if he takes anymore from my thighs my legs would not look rt. Can you dr only do just the lumps?
I have to see. . . I don't live in her area and it's about a 3 hour drive. I have not reached out yet because I know the standard reply from a doctor is to wait one year until revision surgery.
Your rt mine wont do any thing until a yr either.
I believe they can. I had a few areas on the outer thighs- not quite full, even 'saddle bags' but just a few odd pockets of fat... While I'm still swollen and don't know the results my Doc marked those areas specifically during my procedure.
Im 7months in just a few days. My legs have very small irregular areas but you have to look close to see them. What has your dr said about your legs? Do you think you would do a revision or just let them be?
Sorry for the delay with getting back to you. Honestly, I have not contacted my doctor yet. I know that she is going to tell me it'll take 6 months to a year to get the full results so I'm holding off. I'll probably have them revised at some point, probably not with her though.
Let us know what the Dr says about ur abs at six months. Good luck.
I was wanting to go to dr Marciano for my abdomen do u think shes good?
So sorry for the delay! I wound not go to her for a stomach revision. She is far to aggressive in fat removal and I feel you'd be left with an uneven stomach. If you take a look at my leg pictures you can see the divots left on my legs. They are easy to hide, your stomach not so much.
I have a few irregularities as well. But over all I'm happy.
What u r saying is exactly what I have and what I think. Very, very pleased with sleek lines with my clothes on.
Do u think you will ever ask for a revision/touch up?
I would prefer to try a non- evasive solution. Is there anything that would work without doing another lipo?
Im not sure. I talked to my dr about it. He said he wont do anything for at least a yr. But if he decided its not necessary then he wont touch up. But if he agrees then I have to pay some $ again for the surgery room. My hubby says no way lol but I'm on the fence.
I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I am hoping I will not have to make that decision because everything has resolved itself to my satisfaction.
My doctor said to wait to the one year mark also.
I'm hoping the same thing :)
They looking wonderfull, so nice and sleek.
I'm 4 months post op. Does your inner thighs have any deep bruising?
Nope. It was honestly strange how little I bruised at all. I'm the type where if I as so much a bump my leg, I'll have a grapefruit size bruise and it'll stay weeks. My bruises from my procedure were nearly gone after only one week. I really couldn't believe it.
that's great.