24 and Frustrated - Great Neck, NY

Hi guys im Maria, im gonna try to keep this short...

Hi guys im Maria, im gonna try to keep this short lol. im 5'10 approx. 210lbs. I use to weigh 260+. The lowest ive ever been was 168 but I was literally eating a cracker a day I was like 19-20 at the time. so naturally I gained it all back! but as a I got older I started to go to the gym 4x a week but I could never get rid of my pudgy stomach it just hangs there! I wear my pants over it so I get that bulge and I absolutely HATE that im so self conscious about it I always have been! so I started researching and found out about smart lipo! I found Dr. Marciano in my area and she seems to have awesome reviews and her patients have great results! now the only thing I have to do is go for a consult but im scared! idk if shes going to tell me to lose weight because from what ive researched they want you to be like no more than 10-15lbs from your ideal weight! to be honest idk what my ideal weight is because at 168 I looked anorexic like because of my height, I think its somewhere around 170-175 that's when I was most comfortable besides my stomach. anyways do you guys think this would be the idea route for me? have any of you gone to Dr. Marciano are her results really as good as ive heard? I just don't want to go and have her tell me I have to lose weight because right now its hard I was injured at work back in February of this year and that's why ive gained about 15+ pounds ive lost some because im eating beter but I cant do any exercise which has me going insane! please advise!! Thank you :))

Pictures of my fatness

Moving along!!

Ok ladies!!! so today at 9am I went for my consult with my awesome new friend! to see Dr. Marciano and let me tell you all she is extremely lovely! she was very well informed and had detailed answers to all of my questions! Her office is quite small but i liked it for the cleanliness and homie feel it had to it anyways so let me tell you guys a little about her, she is trained and certified to do the SmartLipo and shes VERY good at it from the results i saw. She takes her time with patients she did not rush me AT ALL and let me tell you guys i had alot of "Ummmm..." moments lol we giggled and got down to talking about what had to be done. She is very honest and tells you her personal opinion about what should be done and what does not have to be! She suggests but also takes what you want into consideration she gave me the price of $4500 for my upper and lower abdomen and I was sold especially after seeing her before and after pictures. She also takes her time doing the procedure she informed me that she'll for example start at 9am and be done by 2pm so she does take her time! She will only do 4 procedures a day and I like that because i know she'll do a good job! So anyways i have not booked my procedure date yet as I am still gathering the money for the procedure but i will keep you guys updated on whats to come!! :)
Dr. Marciano

Shes extremely sweet, takes her time with you does not rush you. answers all questions thoroughly and shes honest which is what i like!

Good luck and keep us posted
I was going to go to Dr. Marciano but when I did my basic research to find out if she's board certified- turns out she is but in Pediatrics! Canceled and found Dr. Breitbart which is in the same area as well. In Manhasset /Great Neck. He's a board certified plastic surgeon with excellent credentials.
I tried getting a consiult with him but my schedule is tight. What did he charge u?
Well, it depends on what time of anesthesia you choose and what areas you want to have lipo on.
*type
Ooh ok , so when is ur procedure scheduled?!
June 2nd. I'm very nervous.
Awww just look forward to a improved u! Omg please post plenty pics of ur progress! :D , i'm gnna see if he has any consults for this week
Hope I'm still alive lol. I'm a nervous wreck now because I never had surgery in my life.
Oh ok, i understand don't worry u will be great! Long as u know to expect pain after & being un comfy for a little bit u will do good. But i dont see much pics of his work here so keep us posted!
Thanks! Hmm I don't know about posting pics though lol. I'll think about it :o)
@carolina14 hey the only way for us all to really know what were in for is if you share your experience! lol friday is my appt so im super excited as soon as i get all my info ill keep u ladies posted!
Iol I know, I know. Good luck Domiqbenmami!
dr. Marciano is not board certified in plastic surgery! She's board certified in Pediatrics!
I have an appointment with her this Fri at 9am.. YIKES!!!!! This is not good at all.
U can still go i guess but try getting a consult with dr.breitbart
Wherever you go, just make sure he/she is a board certified plastic surgeon. It's not worth going to spas and getting these procedures at deeply discounted prices with inexperienced professionals that have a weekend course of cosmetic procedures in their agenda. Be careful!
that's for sure, but I think they have those spas to let people that cant afford the "original" prices to get the procedures but given that they are board certified surgeon. Like Dr. Marciano she was a pediatrician but is also certified in plastic surgery. Not Pediatric plastic surgery. I did more research on her so I found out.
Hmm. I learned that she wasn't board certified this year unless she obtained it recently in a governmental website. Last I checked, in her web page it says she's board certified in Pediatrics and goes on to say she's got hands-on experience in the field of plastic surgery. You're right, those places exist for ppl that seek affordable procedures.
She's probably certified to perform such procedures but not board certified. Big difference.
Check this website out: http://www.certificationmatters.org/about-board-certified-doctors.aspx
I have two appointments set up. One with LaserKlinic tomorrow and the 2nd Fri with Dr. Marciano. I have done my research also. Dr. Deborah Marciano, N.Y.S licensed in Medical Aesthetics and Dermatologic procedures. She's also a member of the National Society of Cosmetic Physicians... She's specialize in pediatrics and plastic and reconstructive surgery and this information I got from the better doctors site. Maria No worries chica. We are in this together. :) When we see her Fri we'll have our questions and take it from there... :)
No question about her not being licensed to perform procedures, she has to be- in order to open a place like such. However, I stand by my statement. She's not board certified in plastic surgery. Simple as that. Good luck to you girls in whoever you choose!!!!! :o)
I went to her today and she is licensed. All questions were asked and answered. I'm very satisfied with my visit today. It is what is it girl. I'm a grown woman and know what I'm doing. Thank you for your comment girl,. The best of luck to you too!!!! :0)
@carolina14 btw I have a question for you, what procedure is it that u had done? or that ur doing? cuz i see that ur good at the research u do but u havent told us much about what ur doing? I appreciate ur input as that is what we are all here for but were also here to learn from our experiences and you havent told us much.