Dr Andrew Jacono BAD Facelift and Eye Surgery - Great Neck, NY

This Doctor told me he would do a very non...

This Doctor told me he would do a very non invasive surgery which would be very subtle and give me a refreshed look. He said it would take a very short time to recover. When I woke up alarmed immediately after surgery it was because I was totally swollen beyond belief as he proceeded to cruelly say, "Sweetheart, stop it ! I just ripped the all muscles off the bones of your face. This will take a while to heal"

I now have extreme nerve damage, asymmetry, cannot eat without getting food stuck in between the top of my gumline and the the top of my entire mouth because it's completely numb..........Jacono cut through my mouth all along the gum line (without concent) My nose twithes, my one nostril flares and twitches. I have had extensive physical therapy on my face. People have asked if I was in an accident. He left my eyes asymmetrical. I have white showing at the bottom of my eyes.

I'm not sure how this man is still in business. Because of this experience, my confidence has totally plummeted. I was a a beautiful 55 year old woman who just wanted to look refreshed. I do not recommend this Doctor at all. In fact, please tell everyone to stay away !

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
There are no malpractice suits against Dr. Jacono? I cant find any.
Sfiala....I know people that are in a malpractice lawsuit right now with Dr Jacono. There are at least 10 people who have contacted me saying their face is ruined. I have suffered every day since Dr. Jacono ripped my face apart. He lied and did way more surgery that was unnecessary. He damaged nerves and placed my facial muscles in new area which now distorts my smile and my nose. I had a horrible experience and would highly recommend telling everyone to stay far away from this Doctor who advertises himself too much. Go to word of mouth Doctors. Great Plastic Surgeons do not have to advertise. Dr. Jacono goes out of his way to advertise and you don't even know if you will have him or an intern experimenting on your face. Again: Please don't go through what I went through. It will destroy a big part of your life. To have a face that feels deformed is devastating.
Thank you so much. I am sorry that I had to find out thru other's pain such as yourself. God Bless You...
Does anyone have any comments on Dr. Lyle Leipziger? Thank you
Thank you so much for posting this.So sorry that you are having all of these problems. I was actually ready to have a mid face lift , brow lift, and lower eye lid taper from him. Now I'm not. My search is on for a good surgeon.....
Has anyone had any experiences with Dr. Lyle L. across the street from him?
sfiala - Thank you .....My life/pain has not been in vain. I can't tell you how happy I am to know I saved another woman from ruining her life. May you truly find the right surgeon. Be sure to find a "word of mouth" one - someone who is extremely reputable. Make sure he is board certified in Plastic Surgery. Don't go for the ones who advertise everywhere like Dr. Jacono does. I cannot this Doctor he is still in business. If there is a God who is just, he will be reprimanded soon. I've never heard of Dr. Lyle Leipziger.
Thank you so much and God Bless You.....
Sorry, it just occurred to me that the white showing under your eyes might not be from laxity of the tissue there, it might be because too much skin was removed. So I take back my prior comment, where I said it could be relatively easy to repair. I don't know. I hope yours is fixable.
OMG, I am so so sorry for you and what he did to you. I have met some people on here that he ruined, and luckily for me I read these before I went to him. I too had a botched surgery in Florida and am looking to have it corrected, Jacono was someone I was considering. The way he described my surgery seemed very non invasive (2 holes in my temple area) no big deal , but since then, I have been on more consults with many doctors and they all say the same thing "That would be the worst way to correct your problem" that way would have made me worse plus screw up my hairline which is compromised due to hair loss there to begin with. I am thankful for finding this sight because I have already been traumatized by this horrific doctor in Florida, I cannot go through this again it is too heartbreaking. Also, out of all the doctors, including the top docs in NYC Jacone was the MOST expensive!! He wanted like $ 10,000.00 more than Baker! Can you even imagine?
LaRubiaNY You have captured Jacono perfectly. In addition he sounds so confident-I've done hundreds of these procedures. You ask about risks and he says nothing- he is so confident there will be none. These are all the things that draw you in but are things you must be aware of. I wish these posts had been up when I was considering Jacono- I would have run the other way. I hope people take these posts seriously- we are real people.
So sorry to hear about your bad outcome. Hope you have the means to fix the white showing beneath your eye. From research, I've learned that's relatively simple to do. The nerve damage, not so much. I bet you wouldn't have undergone the surgery if you had been given an inkling during the initial consult that nerve damage was a possibility. I guess if you were sold on "noninvasive", you wouldn't imagine this might be the outcome. Another bait and switch of our messed up society. My heart truly goes out to you. Meanwhile, I think part of the reason this surgeon stays in business is because he has promoted his charitable surgery up the ying yang (not knocking the fact that he does the charity work, that's a great thing) so people are bamboozled and figure if he's good at repairing cleft lips and making scars disappear, then he naturally must be good at any surgical procedure. The problem is, he may not be the best at nose jobs and blephs and face lifts. Also, he's very personable and the ladies like him so they come for fillers and then rave to their friends about him. One thing leads to another, and boom, you have another patient signing up for a non-invasive lift.
It's been 24 hours since I read your post and I have not been able to get you out of my mind. Unless someone has experienced plastic surgery that has gone drastically wrong, it is so hard for them to understand not just the physical but emotional trauma of it all. The humiliation, the shame, the isolation, the confusion. I could go on and on. A life that just stopped. I had a muscle liplift with a different doctor that left me with many of the same complications that you are describing. The physical trauma of bad plastic surgery is addressed everywhere on the internet, but no one talks about what it does to your psyche. My heart is with you.
I am so so terribly sorry for what you have had to endure. Since reading your post you have been in my thoughts and in my prayers - and always will be. It sends shivers down my spine what he said to you and I can totally imagine him saying it. He is so condescending and dishonest (that is putting it mildly) I too made the colossal mistake of trusting him with my lifelong dream of having a nice nose - and now I am paying a heavy price. I can not wrap my mind around HOW and why he stays in business - it truly makes no rational sense. Thank you so very much for speaking out about your horrific experience as it will likely save many women from becoming victims. NO ONE should EVER have to go through this. Sending you much love and healing..
badmidfacelift, I am so sorry for your pain. You should be enjoying your 50s and you are now left with all of this to cope with. I am sorry. Your damage sounds like a couple of others who also had a mid facelift and have posted on other sites. I truly hope you find someone to help you. He should not be a surgeon. I wish you only the best.
Hi Badmidfacelift: I am so very sorry for your experience. This is just awful. He should have never said those words to you, "Sweetheart, stop it! I just ripped all the muscles off the bones of your face." That was not comforting in anyway! That is just so very cruel! I'm sure this scared you even more. This goes to show you what an uncaring person he really is. I am so sorry you had to go through that trauma. This is just so devastating. It is disturbing that he went into your mouth and cut through your gum line without your consent. You should have been told this way in advance and NOT after surgery. I bet you wouldn't have opted for that in a million years. But he said is was non-invasive and you trusted him. I am talking with two other women that suffer the same exact damage as you. Doctors have mentioned that this is what is causing their nerve damage, the cutting of the inside of the mouth. I am so sorry he did this to you. I am sick to hear that you are having trouble eating after this surgery. Getting food stuck in your mouth is just so not right. It is awful. I hope the physical therapy to your face has helped you. How long have you been in therapy for? This information may help others with nerve damage/ paralysis and are trying to help themselves. I didn't have a facelift, but I have the same damage you describe to your eyes. The whites that you have that are now showing is called 'scleral show' This is because he took way too much skin from your lower lids; now your lower lids are pulled down because they cannot support the weight. Asymmetry of the eyes is so upsetting, I feel your pain, I have that too. Thank you so much for having the courage to tell your story. You should be commended. You are doing a public service. You are helping many people that are researching for a competent, trusting, honest, ethical doctor. I wish you nothing but peace and healing. I understand your devastation and pain. Again, thank you for sharing.