Great Results, Geat Staff, Dr May Have Poor Bedside Manner.

I'm not sure about gyne surgery, but I had...

I'm not sure about gyne surgery, but I had breast augmentation with {Dr referenced above to registered users}.

Here's my review:

Let me first say that I had planned to go on three consultations, and Dr -- was my first. I narrowed it down by who had a lot of before/after photos that I really liked, along with the fact that they were Board Certified in Plastic Surgery. When I went to my free consultation, they asked me if I was going to any other consultations. When they gave me my price, they told me that they had had a cancellation, and were offering anyone that could fill the cancellation date (in two weeks!) a $700 discount. So not only would I get a discount, but rather than having my surgery be a few months away, it'd be a few weeks away! The best of both worlds for me, since I really didn't want to wait. Not wanting to lose out on this deal, I booked immediately, putting down my non-refundable $2000 deposit. I now believe that this is a marketing ploy, since they told the same story to my mom when she went in for a consultation, and I've read another review online with the same story. ::)

Dr -- has two offices. One in Brea, one in Beverly Hills. Needless to say, the one in Beverly Hills is MUCH nicer, but they do all of the surgery at the Brea office, which is right across the street from a hospital.

All of the women that work for Dr -- are very very nice and helpful, and you really deal with them MUCH more often that you do Dr --. Which might be a good thing... In my experience with Dr --, he seemed very brusque, and rather rushed every time I spoke to him, and sometimes had a poor attitude/demeanor.

At my consultation, --, the patient coordinator, went over the different types of implants and incision placements, along with the risks and complications. After all of that, Dr -- came in to measure me, and tell me what my options were.

I asked a question that I think is typical of one that EVERY woman about to get breast augmentation asks - about size. "For my frame, how big do you think I can go?" He just told me to try on the sample sizes. Having thoroughly researched it, I had very few questions for him, and so we spent maybe 5 minutes together. Reading online about other people's experience with their PS's, it seems that most of them go over general sizes, and what type of look you're going for, etc.. He didn't. Maybe he just knew he could make pretty much anything look good, and whatever I picked would be fine. I figured he'd spend more time with me at the pre-op.

So I picked a size with --, but later doubted my choice and wanted to change it to a larger size. Having read online about BWD measurements and how you shouldn't go over them, I was worried because the new size I wanted exceeded my measurement by 1.1cm. I wanted to make sure that this was okay, and I wouldn't have any problems because of it or anything.

I went to my pre-op, and didn't see Dr -- at all. It was another nice woman that I dealt with. She didn't seem to get my question, and maybe I phrased it poorly. She called Dr -- in, and he seemed irritated to have been bothered. She told him I had a question about my size. He walked in and said, "Let me see your breasts." Then he opened my folder, looked at the size I had originally picked (without his help), and said, "Yes, that will be good." I said, "Well, I wanted to go up from that to this..." He kinda snapped, "Then that's fine," and kinda looked at me as if, "You want anything else?" and I said okay, and he took off. It's not quite WHAT he said as the tone of voice and manner in which he said it. My husband was with me, and even he said that Dr -- seemed rude, so I know it's not just my perception. Honestly, he acted like a bit of a male thingy.

When I left, I was pretty upset to have been treated so poorly, when I had already paid for my surgery. I went online and looked up reviews for him. Most of them said the same thing that I did, that he was rushed, brusque, and matter-of-fact with a lousy bedside manner... but he does great work. My husband said told me to think of him as a car salesman. Would you rather have the really nice, friendly one that sells you a crappy Yugo, or the not a nice person guy selling Mercedes or something, that knows his stuff speaks for itself, and he doesn't have to bother? That made me feel better. Although your results are really more important than bedside manner, for $7000, I'd like to have the whole package.

Then again, mom went to a consultation with him, and he was nice to her, and she really liked him. Maybe it's because I have lots of tattoos and piercings? I don't know.

Anyway, my breasts turned out FANTASTIC. Everyone I know is jealous that I went from no boobs to gorgeous boobs. People that already have implants have told me they're jealous that mine look better than theirs (after only 6 weeks!), haha. Dr -- DOES do excellent work, and I'm very happy with my results. However, I do have a slight amount of rippling at the bottom/side of each breast, even though I got silicone under the muscle. I can't help but wonder if that's because I went over my BWD. It would have been nice if the Dr had talked to me about the possibility of this occurring. To be fair, it may have happened anyway, because of my thin skin and lack of tissue.

All in all, I WOULD recommend him without a doubt to people - except for his bedside manner. I'm extremely pleased with my results, and I've read in other reviews that he can somehow take any size and make it look natural on you. I believe it! Five stars for everything except his attitude, which he won't neccessarily have with you. It's at least worth going to a free consultation to meet him. If you like him, then definitely go with him! Even if you don't like him, just remember that you mainly deal with the great ladies that work there more than you do with him, so you may want to consider going to him anyway, just to get great results.

Dr Frederic Corbin

more pics u look great
Congradulations!!! Your boobs look great and very natural...
You look great! Love your results. Sorry you felt his attitude was not so nice. I liked the last PS I had a consult with but I felt like he was kinda just going through the motions. He's been doing this for 35 years so has said the same thing over and over to his patients. I wanted to talk about size more but he said a C usually looks good on everyone or small D. That's all I really needed to know cause that's the size I wanted. BUT I was hoping he would talk about the kind of implant he would like the profile, etc.
amazing!!!
I wish I had them right now
i want those breat. Where can I get it done at
By "male thingy" do you mean ...DICK! Lol. Yeah I totally get what you are saying ! My ps had same attitude and I truly feel my ba looks good but not perky. So kinda not loving my boobs:-/. Your look great though
What size did u w pend up picking ?
Beautiful. Your afters are exactly what I am hoping for. Had I seen your pic pre-op I would've printed and brought to PS. Instead I googled salma Hyack boobs and brought that pic with me.
Axiallary is a hard spot to remove a implant if you ever need a removal u will have to use the crease and its not easily found when inserting a implant this way.
Your results are beautiful!
I love your bod, with or without the work done. I must admit, I am partial to the breasts. I just had 400 ccs done last week. Love your after top. Where did you get that? Shows off your results nicely. Well done!
I'm glad yours turned out so great! My PS didn't spend much time discussing size, shape, etc either and I have been really nervous about that, but am assuming he knows what to do to make me look good.

Sorry, I know this is kinda late, and I could have sworn I'd already posted it in the comments section. Maybe it got deleted? Anyway, it was {edited}. I'm two years post-op and have either bottomed out or was over-dissected, and I need a revision. I just saw {edited} yesterday for a consult. They're supposed to call me back with a price.

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider name to the review. Interested users can log in to see your doctor's info. Thanks!
Thanks for the post. I am interested in your doctor, but the name is not showing up. Would you mind posting it in the comments section? Your results are beautiful! -T
I am thankful for your review,for I am experiencing the same issue with the doctor of my first consult.I would just like for one of them to say yes this would fit you or no it would not.Looking good,glad you are happy with your outcome,hoping I will be as lucky as you and pleased as well
Ryli~ I am a registered user & know where to look for the MD's name in these reviews... but alas, it is not on this one unless it has been removed since you commented :(
i just went to him and decided for 400 CC implants. what bra size are you now?
Your new "girls" look fantastic!!!! Like your friends I'd be jaelous too. :) Apparently this review board omits the Doctor's name. Can you tell me who your Dr was?? I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Aleena.
For registers users the doctor's information is located at the top of the review under provider. This requires free registration for an account.
The girls look fantastic! Congratulations :) Thanks for the thorough and informative review.