37 year old with Fat Transfer to Breasts! - Grand Rapids, MI

I decided to begin to share my journey because I...

I decided to begin to share my journey because I have loved reading the experiences of others on here and it has been so helpful to me. I have two children that literally sucked the breasts right off me during breastfeeding. I have always been small chested which I don't mind because I'm very athletic and I think a large chest would get in the way. But, I would like to be filled out again and a little perkier. Also, since having my second child who just turned two I haven't been able to get rid of the love handles and the little bit of tummy, and that bothers me. I typically workout 1 hour five days a week, but these areas continue to be problem areas for me. I am scared about the recovery and about going under general anesthesia because I have never experienced it before. I have rescheduled this procedure three times, but am sticking with it this time, I hope! Most of the reviews I read are very positive and I hope mine will end up being the same!

Getting nervous!

Five days until my procedure. Just got back from a wonderful vacation yesterday and picked up my pain pills and antibiotics today! Nervous still about going under general, but excited because I think all the swimsuits I wore on vacation aren't going to fit me in another week. Can't wait to post my pics. Prayers would be appreciated.

All done!

Had my procedure yesterday, dealing with the pain with the help of some nice narcotics! For some reason my shoulder hurts really bad?! I'm hoping to take a shower this afternoon and will get some pics of the lipo areas and breasts. I'm posting a picture that was taken yesterday at the office.

Three days after procedure.

I started tapering my pain meds today, I feel like they are making me so tired . My bruising seems to be better. I only have two lipo incision spots, even though he performed lipo in several areas, it's nice because they are on the bikini line. My breasts are really hard, and sore , I can't wait until they soften up. I also have a lot of swelling in my legs and stomach from the lipo, I can't wait to see what those areas will look like! I will try to post again in a week. I know I need to be patient, but it's hard!

Three weeks!

I can't believe it's almost been three weeks. I took pictures at two weeks that I will post too, I got really busy and haven't had time to post! I'm feeling amazing. Day 6 seemed to be my turn around day it get much better, easier to move around etc. As of today the only areas that are not back to normal are the tops of my thighs which are still numb and my breasts are still very sensitive. I went bra shopping yesterday because I am going to an event next Wednesday, and even though I've been living in and living my Genie bras I wanted something with a little more support. I tried to get a bargain priced bra because I'm assuming I'm still going to go down some, but after looking at Target, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's, I gave up because I couldn't find any that fit me and went to Victoria's Secret. I tried on about ten different styles, but all the same size 32 DDD!! I also picked up a swimsuit as we are heading to a waterpark this weekend. I'm so happy with my lipo incision sights, they are healing wonderfully, but also amazing because they are completely hidden by my bikini bottoms! I will be super happy when I can stop wearing my compression garmet, one more week! My weight has stayed exactly the same since before the surgery so I can't wait to see what the difference is in my shape once the lipo areas are healed. I will post again at one month!

One Month

I feel like this is a huge milestone! One month out and my bruising is 100% gone, my scars from lipo and the transfer have softened and look like they will completely fade, I have been using scar cream to help as well. I visited Dr. Hammond last week and he was super excited about my results which made me feel great! I'm still extremely glad that I had this procedure, my breasts are soft and natural, I'm am so glad that fat transfer is an option for women! I'm finished wearing my compression garmet and got to go to the gym today for the first time since my procedure, both super exciting for me. I will post again at 6 weeks!

It's been almost four months!

I am still very happy with my choice to have this procedure. It's amazing how you can get used to your new breasts and forget what they looked like before! I keep telling myself this isn't that much of a difference and then I look at my old pre surgery pics and think, oh my goodness! I used to think my old breasts were just fine, and they were, but these are so much more! I had a period of time when I felt like one breast was larger than the other, and they seemed to switch back and forth, and maybe that happens when the fat is being reabsorbed, I don't know. I am still wearing a 32 DDD, it seems a tiny bit lose now, but I went back to Vicky's and tried the DD and that was not going to work. My lipo scars are fantastic and as you can see in one of the pictures, they are completely hidden by my string bikini bottoms, yay! My lipo areas are wonderful, I'm so glad I finally got rid of those love handles. I did have a small dent in my right hip a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure why it developed, but I have been massaging it and it seems to be greatly improved. I haven't had any complications or problems since the procedure. Sorry the pictures are a little crooked, I need to get better at taking those!
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Everything has been great. Dr. Hammond did a great job answering questions and he seemed as excited I was about the procedure which relaxed me. The anesthesiologist was amazing, this part was the worst for me and I had so much anxiety, but he relaxed me and encouraged me through his explanation of the procedure and answering questions. My pre surgery nurse was Joanne and she was wonderful, kind, and very patient. The whole procedure went really well. I can't wait for my follow up appointment!

Wow looks great.
Lola, can you share your weight and height as you look fairly slim to get that much fat out? Did he give you a range of fat or just the 500cc. Did you get any other consults with other ps? How did you decide on dr. Hammond?
I am just under 5'6" and weigh 125. He was only able to get 425cc for each side, I wanted 500. He had to take fat from multiple areas to get that. Some of his other fat transfers online were a little more conservative with the amount of fat used, however after my research and discussing what I wanted he decided I was a good Canidate for more fat. I chose Dr. Hammond because I've had two friends who have used him for other procedures and my sister has worked at his office for over 5 years. I know the staff through going to the office over the last several years to visit my sister, everyone was always so nice. I reviewed Dr. Hammonds credentials and reviews and met with him. I looked at a lot of his work online and was very confident in his work. I did not consult with any other doctors.
Did the dr say how long before your final result? Is it about 3 months and what fat you kept will stay now?
Thanks for reply! Do you know if you retain more than 50%? He only estimated 300cc so I would need to keep more to be worthwhile.
He also told me 50% which I think is conservative. I definitely retained more, I guess close to 80%, but I know it varies case by case and no one really knows why!!
Lola, do you have updated photos? From the lipo sites and your breasts?
I haven't taken any since the June 1 pictures. Nothing has changed. I plan on putting up new pictures and update at my 6 month, which will be August 17.
That would be great. I'm thinking of having a consultation visit to your doctor. Are your lipo sites smooth?
My lipo areas are smooth, every once in a while I get small dents by my hips, but a little massage and they smooth out. It's right where my pants, underwear, sit, and also where all of the only entrance/exit site for all the lipo. I would happily recommend Dr. Hammond to everyone looking at this procedure, he is an amazing surgeon. I will try to get new pics up in the next month.
Lola, just had consult with your doctor. He was very nice. Do you know how long your surgery lasted and how much cc's he took out?
The surgery was 2 hours. It was scheduled for 7:30 and I had to arrive one hour early for prep. I changed into my surgery garb and they had these amazing heated blankets to wrap up in while they started the IV and did the prep. I had my markings done when Dr H got there that morning. I wanted 500cc each side but I only received 425 because that was all the fat that he could get out of me. I'm super excited for you! My results are great, and I'm so happy with the healing in not only the breasts, but the lipo areas. I never even thought that the lipo should be something that I should be worried about before surgery because I was so worried about the breast turning out. Good luck with your decision and procedure!
Looks really good! Congrats
So you didn't even need to use brava? How much of a discount do you think he gave you?
No, I didn't need to use Brava. I probably saved around $3,500-$4000.
You look fantastic! Keep us posted please.
Thank you!!
Hi. Your results are great. Did you do anything post op that you think may have helped with retention? Eg, avoided coffee/alcohol/sugar. Ate raw food or other special diet or Avoided high impact exercise? Any tips welcome. I am 2.5 weeks post op and am hoping to keep where i am at now (wishful i know). I have just been eating/drinking like i normally would as received no asvice to do otherwise. Am now exploring this, poss bit late. Thanks :-)
I didn't receive any instructions about eating a certain way or avoiding certain things either. I was restricted from exercise for 6 weeks for adequate healing from the lipo. I tried not to drink alcohol for one month because of what I read on here (I wasn't perfect, because I went on vacation, but I'm a 1-2 drinks kind of girl) and I don't drink caffeine. I think you're ok!!!!! I think it has more to do with the process your ps used during the procedure than what you do afterwards, but that is purely my opinion based on my results!! Good luck with your healing!!!!
Thanks Lola. I drink coffee once a day and have been having 1-2 glasses of wine on weekend nights. So not a heavy drinker either. Hopefully it's not hindered retention. Am missing running though. Specially as lipoed bum Looks flat! Need to get it moving more thank brisk walks. :-)
The no exercise part was the hardest part for me, but I had to give myself permission to heal. I was so worried that I was going to gain everything back, but the time went by fast and I'm back doing everything now. I still wonder what will happen if I lose any additional weight, but I've maintained about the same weight for the last ten years so I don't think much will change.
Indeed. I wonder also about future weight gain and where it will go. I didn't hav lipo on my tummy as no fat there. Am hoping this doesn't mean future fat will go there first now. Or my arms. Hmmm. Hopefully on the boobs hey!
That would be nice!! I have gained a few pounds because I was really sick and took two weeks off, the fat went right back to the same old trouble spots :(, but I'm back to working out everyday and watching my intake, so I think I should be good soon!!
Ha! Typical hey. Good on you for getting back to working out. Is often hard after a break.
Several on here have wondered about the two entry points for my lipo. The most recent information I received from the office is that it is case by case dependent. Dr. Hammond will use the minimal amount of incisions possible to get the best results. I was a perfect canidate for the two entry points on my hips because I have a very narrow build. Dr. Hammond wants the scars to be as hidden as possible and will do what is best for the patient while obtaining the best results possible. I didn't go to him knowing I would only have two incision sites that are perfectly hidden, but I'm really glad that he is so patient focused that he has found a way to do this.