37 year old with Fat Transfer to Breasts! - Grand Rapids, MI

I decided to begin to share my journey because I...

I decided to begin to share my journey because I have loved reading the experiences of others on here and it has been so helpful to me. I have two children that literally sucked the breasts right off me during breastfeeding. I have always been small chested which I don't mind because I'm very athletic and I think a large chest would get in the way. But, I would like to be filled out again and a little perkier. Also, since having my second child who just turned two I haven't been able to get rid of the love handles and the little bit of tummy, and that bothers me. I typically workout 1 hour five days a week, but these areas continue to be problem areas for me. I am scared about the recovery and about going under general anesthesia because I have never experienced it before. I have rescheduled this procedure three times, but am sticking with it this time, I hope! Most of the reviews I read are very positive and I hope mine will end up being the same!

Getting nervous!

Five days until my procedure. Just got back from a wonderful vacation yesterday and picked up my pain pills and antibiotics today! Nervous still about going under general, but excited because I think all the swimsuits I wore on vacation aren't going to fit me in another week. Can't wait to post my pics. Prayers would be appreciated.

All done!

Had my procedure yesterday, dealing with the pain with the help of some nice narcotics! For some reason my shoulder hurts really bad?! I'm hoping to take a shower this afternoon and will get some pics of the lipo areas and breasts. I'm posting a picture that was taken yesterday at the office.

Three days after procedure.

I started tapering my pain meds today, I feel like they are making me so tired . My bruising seems to be better. I only have two lipo incision spots, even though he performed lipo in several areas, it's nice because they are on the bikini line. My breasts are really hard, and sore , I can't wait until they soften up. I also have a lot of swelling in my legs and stomach from the lipo, I can't wait to see what those areas will look like! I will try to post again in a week. I know I need to be patient, but it's hard!

Three weeks!

I can't believe it's almost been three weeks. I took pictures at two weeks that I will post too, I got really busy and haven't had time to post! I'm feeling amazing. Day 6 seemed to be my turn around day it get much better, easier to move around etc. As of today the only areas that are not back to normal are the tops of my thighs which are still numb and my breasts are still very sensitive. I went bra shopping yesterday because I am going to an event next Wednesday, and even though I've been living in and living my Genie bras I wanted something with a little more support. I tried to get a bargain priced bra because I'm assuming I'm still going to go down some, but after looking at Target, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's, I gave up because I couldn't find any that fit me and went to Victoria's Secret. I tried on about ten different styles, but all the same size 32 DDD!! I also picked up a swimsuit as we are heading to a waterpark this weekend. I'm so happy with my lipo incision sights, they are healing wonderfully, but also amazing because they are completely hidden by my bikini bottoms! I will be super happy when I can stop wearing my compression garmet, one more week! My weight has stayed exactly the same since before the surgery so I can't wait to see what the difference is in my shape once the lipo areas are healed. I will post again at one month!

One Month

I feel like this is a huge milestone! One month out and my bruising is 100% gone, my scars from lipo and the transfer have softened and look like they will completely fade, I have been using scar cream to help as well. I visited Dr. Hammond last week and he was super excited about my results which made me feel great! I'm still extremely glad that I had this procedure, my breasts are soft and natural, I'm am so glad that fat transfer is an option for women! I'm finished wearing my compression garmet and got to go to the gym today for the first time since my procedure, both super exciting for me. I will post again at 6 weeks!
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Everything has been great. Dr. Hammond did a great job answering questions and he seemed as excited I was about the procedure which relaxed me. The anesthesiologist was amazing, this part was the worst for me and I had so much anxiety, but he relaxed me and encouraged me through his explanation of the procedure and answering questions. My pre surgery nurse was Joanne and she was wonderful, kind, and very patient. The whole procedure went really well. I can't wait for my follow up appointment!

You're doing so well. Is the $5,500 for OR and anesthesia and surgeon fee?
It was my total, my sister works for the office so I got a great deal!
Yes you really did get a great deal! Thanks for the info. I'd drive across the state if my results would end up being as good as yours!
I just saw your profile, are you considering having fat transfer? I talked to my sister and she said they do a lot of internet consults and the only requirement after a fat transfer, if your from out of town, is to stay overnight and have a follow up appointment the next day!
It's on my bucket list! I need to pay off my tummy tuck first. I'm not sure if I'll have enough fat. My thighs have enough fat, but that area can really get loose skin and I'm not sure if I have that much skin elasticity at my age. Good to know they do internet consults! Thanks for the info!
Looking good Lola! I know, this procedure is a godsend for those of us w/smaller breasts who want a bit more without dealing w/implants. Glad u r happy! Enjoy, Amelia
Lola, Thanks for posting. You seem to be healing fast and you look great. I am considering fat transfer to breast. I am looking for a doctor in my area (northern California) who has experience with the procedure.
Good luck with your search! I was so apprehensive about having this procedure, but I am so glad I did it . Thank you!!
Do you have lumpy areas in the lipo site? I wish I could get mine larger. But I still need more work on the left one. At this point I would just like the girls to look similar! I have absolutely no cleavage : (
No, I have no lumpy areas, so far they are super smooth. I don't know if that changes as time goes on. I had about 12 different areas lipoed, so not a lot taken out of one area, not sure if that makes a difference. My doctor told me they are very gentle, and I looked at a lot of his work and was very impressed. I am super happy with my results! I'm hoping you can accomplish that too!
You look so good! Thanks for updating. How many cc's did you get put in? And how much was lipoed? What size bra did you wear pre op? Thanks I. Advance!! You are healing well, nice to see
Thank you! I had 470ccs put in each side, I asked for 500, but that was all he could get out. He used everything he took out. I wore a 34B pre surgery,
Thanks for the update! It doesn't look like you are loosing any volume!
Looking great Lola! Thank you very much for continuing to update this great community of women. Amelia
Wow he/she did an amazing job. I'm really considering getting it now. Thanks
I am scheduled for surgery on 3/7...I am only having lipo to my abdomen and flanks...are you experiencing a lot of pain in these areas after surgery?
No, I'm not experiencing any pain in those two areas. Most of my pain is in my legs, which I really didn't want done, but needed in order to get enough fat. And my breasts where the fat was placed. Good luck to you!
Thank you! Reading your posts has helped me sooooooo much!
Your welcome! It's so nice to have a place to ask questions and have people understand!
Wow, your breasts look great! What areas did you have lipoed again? Sorry, I forgot. Please keep us posted. Good to get off pain meds & just take tylenol if needed since it will not constipate you like the pain meds.
Thanks, the bruising is getting so much better! I had my stomach, flanks, back, inner and outer thighs lipoed, it's nice that he only had to do two incisions to get all the areas.
You look great, way better looking than I do and I'm 15 days out. I will be watching your progress, good luck
You look absolutely fantastic!! Please show some after pics of your lipo areas. I leave Monday for my explant plus fat transfer. I hope I look as good as you do!! Enjoy your down time. Don't do too much too soon!
You look great Lola, congrats on making it through. I had 450 & 430 cc's of fat transferred & my before breasts look almost identical to yours (although I removed the before pics). So, your transfer sounds good. You have little bruising like I had. Please post lipo photos when time. The sooner you get off of the narcotics, the better for constipation. Shoulder pain probably from them moving you around & anesthia. Sending you a peaceful & speedy recovery!! Please keep us updated!! Amelia
Thanks! My breast are horribly bruised now, the pic I posted was during the procedure. I'll try to get lipo pics up in the next couple of days. Super woozy yesterday when I took the compression garments off and didn't want to do lipo pics. I started tapering the narcotics today, hopefully I will be off them in the next day or two.