37 year old with Fat Transfer to Breasts! - Grand Rapids, MI

I decided to begin to share my journey because I...

I decided to begin to share my journey because I have loved reading the experiences of others on here and it has been so helpful to me. I have two children that literally sucked the breasts right off me during breastfeeding. I have always been small chested which I don't mind because I'm very athletic and I think a large chest would get in the way. But, I would like to be filled out again and a little perkier. Also, since having my second child who just turned two I haven't been able to get rid of the love handles and the little bit of tummy, and that bothers me. I typically workout 1 hour five days a week, but these areas continue to be problem areas for me. I am scared about the recovery and about going under general anesthesia because I have never experienced it before. I have rescheduled this procedure three times, but am sticking with it this time, I hope! Most of the reviews I read are very positive and I hope mine will end up being the same!

Getting nervous!

Five days until my procedure. Just got back from a wonderful vacation yesterday and picked up my pain pills and antibiotics today! Nervous still about going under general, but excited because I think all the swimsuits I wore on vacation aren't going to fit me in another week. Can't wait to post my pics. Prayers would be appreciated.

All done!

Had my procedure yesterday, dealing with the pain with the help of some nice narcotics! For some reason my shoulder hurts really bad?! I'm hoping to take a shower this afternoon and will get some pics of the lipo areas and breasts. I'm posting a picture that was taken yesterday at the office.

Three days after procedure.

I started tapering my pain meds today, I feel like they are making me so tired . My bruising seems to be better. I only have two lipo incision spots, even though he performed lipo in several areas, it's nice because they are on the bikini line. My breasts are really hard, and sore , I can't wait until they soften up. I also have a lot of swelling in my legs and stomach from the lipo, I can't wait to see what those areas will look like! I will try to post again in a week. I know I need to be patient, but it's hard!

Three weeks!

I can't believe it's almost been three weeks. I took pictures at two weeks that I will post too, I got really busy and haven't had time to post! I'm feeling amazing. Day 6 seemed to be my turn around day it get much better, easier to move around etc. As of today the only areas that are not back to normal are the tops of my thighs which are still numb and my breasts are still very sensitive. I went bra shopping yesterday because I am going to an event next Wednesday, and even though I've been living in and living my Genie bras I wanted something with a little more support. I tried to get a bargain priced bra because I'm assuming I'm still going to go down some, but after looking at Target, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's, I gave up because I couldn't find any that fit me and went to Victoria's Secret. I tried on about ten different styles, but all the same size 32 DDD!! I also picked up a swimsuit as we are heading to a waterpark this weekend. I'm so happy with my lipo incision sights, they are healing wonderfully, but also amazing because they are completely hidden by my bikini bottoms! I will be super happy when I can stop wearing my compression garmet, one more week! My weight has stayed exactly the same since before the surgery so I can't wait to see what the difference is in my shape once the lipo areas are healed. I will post again at one month!

One Month

I feel like this is a huge milestone! One month out and my bruising is 100% gone, my scars from lipo and the transfer have softened and look like they will completely fade, I have been using scar cream to help as well. I visited Dr. Hammond last week and he was super excited about my results which made me feel great! I'm still extremely glad that I had this procedure, my breasts are soft and natural, I'm am so glad that fat transfer is an option for women! I'm finished wearing my compression garmet and got to go to the gym today for the first time since my procedure, both super exciting for me. I will post again at 6 weeks!

It's been almost four months!

I am still very happy with my choice to have this procedure. It's amazing how you can get used to your new breasts and forget what they looked like before! I keep telling myself this isn't that much of a difference and then I look at my old pre surgery pics and think, oh my goodness! I used to think my old breasts were just fine, and they were, but these are so much more! I had a period of time when I felt like one breast was larger than the other, and they seemed to switch back and forth, and maybe that happens when the fat is being reabsorbed, I don't know. I am still wearing a 32 DDD, it seems a tiny bit lose now, but I went back to Vicky's and tried the DD and that was not going to work. My lipo scars are fantastic and as you can see in one of the pictures, they are completely hidden by my string bikini bottoms, yay! My lipo areas are wonderful, I'm so glad I finally got rid of those love handles. I did have a small dent in my right hip a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure why it developed, but I have been massaging it and it seems to be greatly improved. I haven't had any complications or problems since the procedure. Sorry the pictures are a little crooked, I need to get better at taking those!

Six Months!

It is so hard to believe it has been six months! Things are going so well. I am still very happy with my results and have enjoyed the summer in a bikini!! I've always worn bikinis, but I've never felt as good being in one as I did this year. I am still wearing a 32DDD, I'm finding it's hard to find my size. I typically have to order online VS because the store doesn't always have my size. I also found one brand at Macys, but they are quite expensive and only carry a few options in my size. There is a bra boutique here that my mom is taking me to for Christmas where they are made to order, I'm excited to go and get fitted.
My lipo areas are good, still some numbness in the top of my left thigh, but I was told this could take up to a year post surgery to go away and may never be fully gone. The other areas where the numbness was are completely healed. I also still get a bit of an indentation where the entrance sites were, and right where my underware sit, but massage helps.
I haven't been as diligent with my workouts this summer because I spent almost the entire summer at our lake house, and that puts me an hour away from my gym and child care. I was curious where the extra weight would land and was hoping it would land somewhere new, like the breasts, but it still goes to the same trouble spot, my tummy.
I have my six month check up with my ps doctor next week and am excited for his thoughts. At this point the procedure was completely worth the money, pain, recovering and worries.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Everything has been great. Dr. Hammond did a great job answering questions and he seemed as excited I was about the procedure which relaxed me. The anesthesiologist was amazing, this part was the worst for me and I had so much anxiety, but he relaxed me and encouraged me through his explanation of the procedure and answering questions. My pre surgery nurse was Joanne and she was wonderful, kind, and very patient. The whole procedure went really well. I can't wait for my follow up appointment!

Very nice results on the chest. I would probably keep the thigh fat, because it gives a more feminine shape but that's just my preference.
This procedure/fat tranfer seems safer than silicon. Does anyone know if it truely is safer? Thanks.
Because you are using your own fat there is no risk of foreign objects in the body or the other potential risk with implants, ie capsular contraction, ruptures, need for replacement, etc. You still have the risk with general anesthesia, which is the same with implants. The other thing to consider is that lipo suction is not an easy recovery and if you don't have a great doctor you can run into issues with lumps and dimpling.
How do you know that your Dr injected the fat via two injections? I thought he would do it in multiple small injections and fan it out over the breasts. Can you explain more? Thanks again for all your input!
I know because he told me that was the process that he was going to use, and in the picture from the day of surgery you can see the small injection sites, and no needle marks on the breasts. He used a large syringe with more fat injected into each breast through the two sites. I have watched videos online of the two different procedure styles. One is with multiple injections with lots of needles all over the breast and the other procedure is the one my ps used. Hope that helps.
Based on the videos and your knowledge, is one better than the other for retaining fat? I really like Your Dr but with such a small fat amount, I have to make sure I retain more than 50%
I don't know if one procedure is better than the other. My sister and I were talking about retention this afternoon, it's so hard to know what causes people to retain more. Dr. Hammond also told me conservatively 50%, but I know I have retained a lot more.
Hi. Spectacular results, you must be so pleased. Could you tell me what online links you saw the two different injection methods please?
Thanks, I am! I searched fat transfer to breast on you tube. Some of the videos are actual procedures and are pretty graphic.
Lola, is it still retaining at 32DDD? Are lipo spots still good?
Yes, I'm still at a 32DDD! My lipo spots are good. The only area that I have to massage is my left hip near the entry site, I some times get a small indentation from where under garments are, but I massage it and it evens out. All my other areas are great! I'll do six month pics in a couple weeks!
Wow looks great.
Lola, can you share your weight and height as you look fairly slim to get that much fat out? Did he give you a range of fat or just the 500cc. Did you get any other consults with other ps? How did you decide on dr. Hammond?
I am just under 5'6" and weigh 125. He was only able to get 425cc for each side, I wanted 500. He had to take fat from multiple areas to get that. Some of his other fat transfers online were a little more conservative with the amount of fat used, however after my research and discussing what I wanted he decided I was a good Canidate for more fat. I chose Dr. Hammond because I've had two friends who have used him for other procedures and my sister has worked at his office for over 5 years. I know the staff through going to the office over the last several years to visit my sister, everyone was always so nice. I reviewed Dr. Hammonds credentials and reviews and met with him. I looked at a lot of his work online and was very confident in his work. I did not consult with any other doctors.
Did the dr say how long before your final result? Is it about 3 months and what fat you kept will stay now?
I have heard that between 3-4 months post surgery is when you have your final results. My doctor didn't say a definitive date.
I just reread this and I mistakenly said 425cc when it was 470cc
Thanks for reply! Do you know if you retain more than 50%? He only estimated 300cc so I would need to keep more to be worthwhile.
He also told me 50% which I think is conservative. I definitely retained more, I guess close to 80%, but I know it varies case by case and no one really knows why!!
Lola, do you have updated photos? From the lipo sites and your breasts?
I haven't taken any since the June 1 pictures. Nothing has changed. I plan on putting up new pictures and update at my 6 month, which will be August 17.
That would be great. I'm thinking of having a consultation visit to your doctor. Are your lipo sites smooth?
My lipo areas are smooth, every once in a while I get small dents by my hips, but a little massage and they smooth out. It's right where my pants, underwear, sit, and also where all of the only entrance/exit site for all the lipo. I would happily recommend Dr. Hammond to everyone looking at this procedure, he is an amazing surgeon. I will try to get new pics up in the next month.
Lola, just had consult with your doctor. He was very nice. Do you know how long your surgery lasted and how much cc's he took out?
The surgery was 2 hours. It was scheduled for 7:30 and I had to arrive one hour early for prep. I changed into my surgery garb and they had these amazing heated blankets to wrap up in while they started the IV and did the prep. I had my markings done when Dr H got there that morning. I wanted 500cc each side but I only received 425 because that was all the fat that he could get out of me. I'm super excited for you! My results are great, and I'm so happy with the healing in not only the breasts, but the lipo areas. I never even thought that the lipo should be something that I should be worried about before surgery because I was so worried about the breast turning out. Good luck with your decision and procedure!