37 year old with Fat Transfer to Breasts! - Grand Rapids, MI

I decided to begin to share my journey because I...

I decided to begin to share my journey because I have loved reading the experiences of others on here and it has been so helpful to me. I have two children that literally sucked the breasts right off me during breastfeeding. I have always been small chested which I don't mind because I'm very athletic and I think a large chest would get in the way. But, I would like to be filled out again and a little perkier. Also, since having my second child who just turned two I haven't been able to get rid of the love handles and the little bit of tummy, and that bothers me. I typically workout 1 hour five days a week, but these areas continue to be problem areas for me. I am scared about the recovery and about going under general anesthesia because I have never experienced it before. I have rescheduled this procedure three times, but am sticking with it this time, I hope! Most of the reviews I read are very positive and I hope mine will end up being the same!
Keep us updated. I'd love to know how well this works over time.
Congrats and good luck
Good luck!! Let us know how you make out. Tapering in your abs/waist will give your figure a nice hourglass look and then with the new fuller breasts a great look.

Getting nervous!

Five days until my procedure. Just got back from a wonderful vacation yesterday and picked up my pain pills and antibiotics today! Nervous still about going under general, but excited because I think all the swimsuits I wore on vacation aren't going to fit me in another week. Can't wait to post my pics. Prayers would be appreciated.
Keep us posted --- may you get everything you want

All done!

Had my procedure yesterday, dealing with the pain with the help of some nice narcotics! For some reason my shoulder hurts really bad?! I'm hoping to take a shower this afternoon and will get some pics of the lipo areas and breasts. I'm posting a picture that was taken yesterday at the office.
You look great, way better looking than I do and I'm 15 days out. I will be watching your progress, good luck
You look absolutely fantastic!! Please show some after pics of your lipo areas. I leave Monday for my explant plus fat transfer. I hope I look as good as you do!! Enjoy your down time. Don't do too much too soon!
You look great Lola, congrats on making it through. I had 450 & 430 cc's of fat transferred & my before breasts look almost identical to yours (although I removed the before pics). So, your transfer sounds good. You have little bruising like I had. Please post lipo photos when time. The sooner you get off of the narcotics, the better for constipation. Shoulder pain probably from them moving you around & anesthia. Sending you a peaceful & speedy recovery!! Please keep us updated!! Amelia

Three days after procedure.

I started tapering my pain meds today, I feel like they are making me so tired . My bruising seems to be better. I only have two lipo incision spots, even though he performed lipo in several areas, it's nice because they are on the bikini line. My breasts are really hard, and sore , I can't wait until they soften up. I also have a lot of swelling in my legs and stomach from the lipo, I can't wait to see what those areas will look like! I will try to post again in a week. I know I need to be patient, but it's hard!
Wow he/she did an amazing job. I'm really considering getting it now. Thanks
I am scheduled for surgery on 3/7...I am only having lipo to my abdomen and flanks...are you experiencing a lot of pain in these areas after surgery?
No, I'm not experiencing any pain in those two areas. Most of my pain is in my legs, which I really didn't want done, but needed in order to get enough fat. And my breasts where the fat was placed. Good luck to you!

Three weeks!

I can't believe it's almost been three weeks. I took pictures at two weeks that I will post too, I got really busy and haven't had time to post! I'm feeling amazing. Day 6 seemed to be my turn around day it get much better, easier to move around etc. As of today the only areas that are not back to normal are the tops of my thighs which are still numb and my breasts are still very sensitive. I went bra shopping yesterday because I am going to an event next Wednesday, and even though I've been living in and living my Genie bras I wanted something with a little more support. I tried to get a bargain priced bra because I'm assuming I'm still going to go down some, but after looking at Target, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's, I gave up because I couldn't find any that fit me and went to Victoria's Secret. I tried on about ten different styles, but all the same size 32 DDD!! I also picked up a swimsuit as we are heading to a waterpark this weekend. I'm so happy with my lipo incision sights, they are healing wonderfully, but also amazing because they are completely hidden by my bikini bottoms! I will be super happy when I can stop wearing my compression garmet, one more week! My weight has stayed exactly the same since before the surgery so I can't wait to see what the difference is in my shape once the lipo areas are healed. I will post again at one month!
Lola, Thanks for posting. You seem to be healing fast and you look great. I am considering fat transfer to breast. I am looking for a doctor in my area (northern California) who has experience with the procedure.
Good luck with your search! I was so apprehensive about having this procedure, but I am so glad I did it . Thank you!!
Do you have lumpy areas in the lipo site? I wish I could get mine larger. But I still need more work on the left one. At this point I would just like the girls to look similar! I have absolutely no cleavage : (

One Month

I feel like this is a huge milestone! One month out and my bruising is 100% gone, my scars from lipo and the transfer have softened and look like they will completely fade, I have been using scar cream to help as well. I visited Dr. Hammond last week and he was super excited about my results which made me feel great! I'm still extremely glad that I had this procedure, my breasts are soft and natural, I'm am so glad that fat transfer is an option for women! I'm finished wearing my compression garmet and got to go to the gym today for the first time since my procedure, both super exciting for me. I will post again at 6 weeks!
Hey Lola....I was wondering how your breasts feel with fat transfer. I had implants for 4 months and hated them so I had them removed. Considering getting muscle repair, nipple correction on my right side that was messed up from implants and possibly fat transfer. Only thing that scares me about fat transfer is I have read some ppl don't retain it and some have it calcify and it becomes lumpy in your breasts. Can you feel abnormal spots in yours? Your results are absolutely beautiful.
The breast feel great, very soft and natural. I had a small calcification at my first follow up, but that resolved itself. I love the natural feel and am very happy with the fuller size. I have lost some of the fullness, but I'm unsure if that is from the swelling, because they were really big after the procedure, or if it is all fat loss. I haven't done any pictures lately to compare the size. My bras that I purchased at two months post surgery are a little bit looser, but I haven't lost enough to go down a full cup size. Every once in a while I think I feel a small calcification, but it is always gone the next day, I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I will definitely ask about that at my next follow up. Good luck with your decision.
Hi Lola, can you give us an update, how is the fat transferred to your breasts doing? Any more loss since you updated last? How are the liposuction areas healing? Thanks!

It's been almost four months!

I am still very happy with my choice to have this procedure. It's amazing how you can get used to your new breasts and forget what they looked like before! I keep telling myself this isn't that much of a difference and then I look at my old pre surgery pics and think, oh my goodness! I used to think my old breasts were just fine, and they were, but these are so much more! I had a period of time when I felt like one breast was larger than the other, and they seemed to switch back and forth, and maybe that happens when the fat is being reabsorbed, I don't know. I am still wearing a 32 DDD, it seems a tiny bit lose now, but I went back to Vicky's and tried the DD and that was not going to work. My lipo scars are fantastic and as you can see in one of the pictures, they are completely hidden by my string bikini bottoms, yay! My lipo areas are wonderful, I'm so glad I finally got rid of those love handles. I did have a small dent in my right hip a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure why it developed, but I have been massaging it and it seems to be greatly improved. I haven't had any complications or problems since the procedure. Sorry the pictures are a little crooked, I need to get better at taking those!
How do you know that your Dr injected the fat via two injections? I thought he would do it in multiple small injections and fan it out over the breasts. Can you explain more? Thanks again for all your input!
I know because he told me that was the process that he was going to use, and in the picture from the day of surgery you can see the small injection sites, and no needle marks on the breasts. He used a large syringe with more fat injected into each breast through the two sites. I have watched videos online of the two different procedure styles. One is with multiple injections with lots of needles all over the breast and the other procedure is the one my ps used. Hope that helps.
Based on the videos and your knowledge, is one better than the other for retaining fat? I really like Your Dr but with such a small fat amount, I have to make sure I retain more than 50%

Six Months!

It is so hard to believe it has been six months! Things are going so well. I am still very happy with my results and have enjoyed the summer in a bikini!! I've always worn bikinis, but I've never felt as good being in one as I did this year. I am still wearing a 32DDD, I'm finding it's hard to find my size. I typically have to order online VS because the store doesn't always have my size. I also found one brand at Macys, but they are quite expensive and only carry a few options in my size. There is a bra boutique here that my mom is taking me to for Christmas where they are made to order, I'm excited to go and get fitted.
My lipo areas are good, still some numbness in the top of my left thigh, but I was told this could take up to a year post surgery to go away and may never be fully gone. The other areas where the numbness was are completely healed. I also still get a bit of an indentation where the entrance sites were, and right where my underware sit, but massage helps.
I haven't been as diligent with my workouts this summer because I spent almost the entire summer at our lake house, and that puts me an hour away from my gym and child care. I was curious where the extra weight would land and was hoping it would land somewhere new, like the breasts, but it still goes to the same trouble spot, my tummy.
I have my six month check up with my ps doctor next week and am excited for his thoughts. At this point the procedure was completely worth the money, pain, recovering and worries.
Very nice results on the chest. I would probably keep the thigh fat, because it gives a more feminine shape but that's just my preference.
This procedure/fat tranfer seems safer than silicon. Does anyone know if it truely is safer? Thanks.
Because you are using your own fat there is no risk of foreign objects in the body or the other potential risk with implants, ie capsular contraction, ruptures, need for replacement, etc. You still have the risk with general anesthesia, which is the same with implants. The other thing to consider is that lipo suction is not an easy recovery and if you don't have a great doctor you can run into issues with lumps and dimpling.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Everything has been great. Dr. Hammond did a great job answering questions and he seemed as excited I was about the procedure which relaxed me. The anesthesiologist was amazing, this part was the worst for me and I had so much anxiety, but he relaxed me and encouraged me through his explanation of the procedure and answering questions. My pre surgery nurse was Joanne and she was wonderful, kind, and very patient. The whole procedure went really well. I can't wait for my follow up appointment!