Crooked Columella After Rhinoplasty - Grand Rapids, MI

I am one month post-op from my Rhinoplasty and I...

I am one month post-op from my Rhinoplasty and I am not very happy. She only did tip work and raised my columella and my nose still looks big, and my nose is very crooked. It looks like she stitched my columella back on crooked. Also my nostrils look VERY different but at my 1 week post op she said there isn't anything you can do about 2 different sized nostrils.

Dr. Van Pelt

I googled the question, "How to make sure that you have a good cometic surgeon," as I am contemplating a rhinoplasty. I skipped right over your doctor and everyone at her location (I live in Grand Rapids Michigan area too), because they didn't have most of the the qualifications that the articles I found I should look for: ie: Fellowship in the American College of Surgeons (FACS), American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPA), etc... Also look to see where they went to college, where they did their residency, have they ever taught plastic suregry in a college or university, are they on plastic surgery staff at a hospital, have they published medical plastic surgery journal articles, etc. ou ahve to do your research! Look up payirnt reviews too! From what I can find, the best plastic surgeons are Steven Ringler in GR and all of the MALE plastic surgeons at Plastic Surgery Associates in GR. I would try calling on them for a revision if you dont like your results. Good luck!
Regardless u r pretty; I'm not just saying this but I know exactly where u r coming from my big mistake was 3 yrs ago, in which a nose that was too big for my face was turned into a flat nose, which left me w/ a big, flat nose thanks to an old, outdated dr & his archaic methods; take ur time & let ur skin & bones heal; but try to get ur dr to own up to her work, I say this even tho I know how hard it is that these ignorant drs won't own up to their mistakes. Just know in time hopefully things will b ok.., & if u need or consider revision don't rush into it at all
I HAVE THE SAME PROB. DR DONT CARE WHEN DID U DO URS AND WHAT ARE U PLANING TO DO ?
Wow! My nostrils are also crooked...... I hate to spend another 7k on mine. They should have to pay to have this fixed!
you probably still have a lot of swelling after one month. I had tip work done 3 months ago and when I look back at my pictures ( i have a lot because I went on vacation) my tip looked very bulbous at 1 month post op.

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your results. Did you doctor mention that this could still be swelling?

I'm very sorry. Your doctor did a terrible job. I wouldn't be very happy either. I hope it gets better over time.
Oh, this was a disaster :-(, In your profile looks a little upturned! and front the two size nostrils is inhuman! YOu should wait for at least 6months to see full recovery, I Had a surgery in Mexico about 10years ago. My nose was soo bad upturned and fat> I had to pay double to be fix in Beverly hills! worth every penny after that..
good luck,, be a patient.