Finally Perky and Normal Size at 58 Years Old -Grand Rapids, MI

I've thought of having this done for years but...

I've thought of having this done for years but never got up the nerve to talk to my doctor about it. When I talked to her she referred me to Plastic Surgery Associates and Dr. David Alfonso in Grand Rapids, MI. He explained the procedure to me, the woman in charge of insurance was able to get it approved quickly, I had my preop check-up with my family Dr. then had to wait 2-3 weeks for surgery day. Because of my insurance I had to have the surgery done at a local hospital. Everything went well, I think I was sorer and in more pain than I expected. It's been almost 5 months and I absolutely love the fact that I went from a DDD cup to a size C. The surgeon removed approx. 5# total from my breasts. The relief I've felt on my back & shoulders right after surgery was wonderful.

I will post before photos as soon as I get approval. Afraid to jinx it. I want this so bad. Keep us posted on your journey.
Congratulations! Good for you for doing this, and for taking the time to encourage others. I'm so glad that your Dr was on top of things, and they found out about the atypical cells, so now you know to check on that every 6 months. Glad they found out about the infection right away too. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery and you look great! Enjoy your smaller boobies!!! I'm scheduled for BR on April 11th and I can't wait!!!!!! Reading stories like yours, even though you had to overcome some complications, is inspiring and makes me so happy I have decided to do this for myself.
Birch I'm happy for you that you finally made the decision and are following thru. I haven't regretted it for one minute. Keep us all posted.

I went back for a consult with Dr. Alfonso today...

I went back for a consult with Dr. Alfonso today and I'm scheduled for a tunny tuck and liposuction for April 9th. Every since my breast reduction everytime I look down all I see are the rolls of fat that just doesn't go away with any amount of exercise. He explained I'll be cut from hip to hip so they can do the muscle repair inside and all the skin & fat between my belly button and bikini line will be removed, my belly button reset with my skin pulled down tight afer they remove fat from my chest area, sides & back flanks. I found a testimonial (on this site) and pictures of a 58 yr old woman (my age) with more belly fat and probably just as heavey as I am and her after pictures was fabulous. I took her pictures today and said "this is what I want to look like when you're done". I can't wait to show you the after pictures of me with no fat rolls. My "before tummy tuck" pictures are below. Can't wait for the new and improved me!

I'm from Grand Rapids also! I just had my reduction this past Friday with Dr. Dennis Hammond :)
Where is your Dr. located? Dr. Alfonso I go to is on the 7th floor of the Amway Grand. They do all their surgeries (except insurance which requires hospital surgeries) there. I had my BR at Spectrum Health, having this one at their surgical center since I'm paying for this. I'm sure you are enjoying your smaller girls already. It was a life changing surgery for me, no more hiding my large breasts after surgery. Congrats Tara Lynn.
Dr Hammond is at Partners in Plastic Surgery, which is at E. Paris and Lake Dr. Even with insurance, my operation was done in their office, and it was AWESOME- very private and personal. I was his only surgery that day, so I pretty much had my own team of nurses, my own recovery area, and there was no waiting around for anything. I'm very happy with my experience. :) Good luck with your next surgery!

Sometimes I think about this "instant"...

Sometimes I think about this "instant" gratification we have in our society. We look at all the before & after pictures and do not realize the pain & problems we have to go thru to get to the "after" part. That is why I'm so satisfied with this site since there's so many women willing to support and counsel eachother before & after procedures. Good luck to everyone on their way to their "after".

He's an amazing Dr.!!. So kind & he really cares.. I just had a double mastectomy done and he is doing the reconstruction. He has made a hard time in my life so much easier, with his positive personality & he truely cares, along with his staff.
So glad Dr. Alfonso was able to help you at such a difficult time.
Congratulations on your new found perkiness...you look great!

1 Yr after BR

I'm still thrilled with my breast reduction surgery and I'm 4 days short of 1 yr. My scars have gotten very faint and I feel pretty and sexy in cute little bras. Before BR I often felt like a cow since my breasts were so huge (DDD) and heavy. I would hang out of sexy bras and the shoulder straps really cut into my shoulders because of the weight of the BIG girls. I couldn't get comfortable at night since my huge breasts were always in the way. So I took a few updated pictures of my 1 yr 'after'. In the past year I've also had a TT so I don't have so much fat/skin under my breasts.

Yes he has great bedside manner. I'm so glad he's doing your reconstruction.
Dr. David Alfonso

My general practician doctor referred me to them.