50 Year Old with 13 Year Old Implants. Explant and Breast Lift - Gold Coast, AU

Had silicone gel implants put in 13 years ago and...

Had silicone gel implants put in 13 years ago and they slowly got bigger and bigger. I was up to an EE bra and they were so heavy that my posture was getting quite bad. Decided it was time for them to go. It's only been a week but I'm so happy with the difference in size, not having a foreign body in me anymore and feeling so much lighter. Will take another couple of weeks off work to recover but can hardly wait to buy a nice average size bra.

Plaster allergy

I had a really bad allergic reaction to the tape so my doctor has now taken it off.

2 week progress

Had a bad reaction to the tape so the surgeon has now removed it. Still not back at work as I do a lot of heavy lifting so still just taking it easy.
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Dr. scamp is a fantastic surgeon. I had no other surgeon in mind to do this procedure.

I'm having the same procedure in 2 weeks! I'm sorry about your allergic reaction, but you look wonderful! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!
I'm allergic to latex and most adhesives so my ps didn't tape me at all. Hope you are feeling better soon. I ended up being allergic to the pain meds so I know how overwhelming it can all be right now. It's very much so worth it. Just hang in there!
You are looking great Jules! I'm having the same procedure in 6 weeks and it's all I can think about! So excited to be free. I look forward to following your progress as you heal! Best wishes!
Good luck jasjet. Seriously you won't know yourself! The difference I felt was immediate. My breasts were out under my arms and so heavy and uncomfortable and as soon as I came out of the surgery I looked like I'd lost a heap of weight. I'm very happy. Good luck to you. Oh and a tip for you, buy one of those boomerang pillows that wrap around you for bed because you'll need to be supported and elevated.x
You are light and free now! Hooray! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. Please keep us posted as you continue to heal.
Congratulations Jules! I too feel my implants getting heavier and heavier as time goes by, I've been looking into explantation with a lift, you look fantastic! Is the scarring a "lollipop"and then another cut under the breast? Did you have to wear drains? You had plenty of tissue left, I'm afraid when I get mine out everything will be gone but when I have enough money I'm headed to a ps. Thanks for posting keep us updated, I will do same as soon as I get consult
I also notice my posture getting worse and worse from this unnecessary weight!
Hey island girl, yes I had the cut underneath to remove the implant and then up the breast and around the nipple. I have however had a bad reaction to the sticking plaster and have had to have it taken off so I'm not looking so fantastic right now! No I didn't have any drains thank heavens!!:))