Procedure Booked, Excited and Scared! - Glendale, CA

Hello everyone, id like to start off by saying...

Hello everyone, id like to start off by saying that this is the hardest decision ive ever had to make. Im 20 years old and have disliked my profile ever since I was 13. A few months ago I decided I wanted the procedure done(before my 21st in november). im honestly tired of feeling insecure, im tired of hiding my profile from my boyfriend of 5 years, I dont even let him take pictures of me(yes this is how much I hate it). Anyway im hoping itll all change this upcoming month, there was an opening in dr. Grigoryants schedule and I decided I didnt want to wait until march of next year. So here I am, reading up on peoples experiences and thinking about life after surgery :)
I decided to go with dr. Grigoryants because ive heard great things about him. I previously had a consultation with dr. Ghavami of beverly hills but I was not convinced for various reasons. Regardless, dr. Grigoryants gave me a brief summary of what he thought would suit me and his visual was just like dr. ghavamis so it was nice to hear that we were all on the same page. My mom went with me to the consultation and I told him I liked her nose. He told me my mom had a great nose but mine would be much better. I know that was a bit cheesy but I liked his confidence haha
Im very happy, yet scared. Anyway hope to hear from you guys :)

surgery this friday

my surgery is two days away and I'm still excited and STILL scared..
since my last review I've told a couple of coworkers and everyone asked me why? this bewilders me because I feel like its so very obvious. this also makes me nervous because I know I can't turn back now, I'm worried my new nose won't fit my face, I'm worried it'll look "done".
my dad told me not to tell people I'm getting a nose job. I think this will be an issue because it's going to be noticeable for sure ..so I need to think about what I'm going to say when someone asks.
to be completely honest I feel like its impossible not to sound vain when Im paying for plastic surgery and I should be saving for college/ other things..blah!
I also talked to my boyfriend about it and finally told him my insecurities are the reason I never let him snap any pics (unless I take them because I know my angles), and why I always walk on his left side ( I feel like the right side of my nose is the better angle lol), same goes when were at the movies..etc. I basically stay on his left side at all times haha this has been going on for years and he was completely shocked, told me all he saw was beauty. which made me feel better but we all know boyfriends will say things just to make us happy lol anyway..
I'm off tomorrow so I will go get my Meds. I also noticed people recommend taking vitamin c for the swelling and bruising but my doctor said no vitamins or supplements soo I'm wondering if Its safe..

pics

Ive been hesitant about posting pictures but I feel like I should. so here are a few, Dr. grigoryants said he's removing the hump reducing nostril size and taking off a bit from the tip. I honestly don't mind my nose from the front I just hate my profile, I hope it ends up looking okay.

its really happening

I'm laying down waiting to go into surgery at the moment. I'm a nervous wreck, I don't wanna have to deal with the nausea!!, and to make things worse I think my internet was out this morning so who knows if I'll be able to watch Netflix when I get home lol. I really hope everything turns out okay.

day 1

I woke up from surgery with minimal pain, it fluctuated between a 4 and a 6, nothing unbearable. I also haven't felt nauseous at all, a little bit when I tried drinking a strawberry banana smoothie, so I didn't finish it. I've been drinking water but no food since Thursday night.
I also didn't get too bruised, my bridge is swollen from what I can see but it doesn't hurt or anything, I've been sleeping a lot, most likely cause of the pain meds. but yeah, so far so good. ..I cant really see my nose through the cast thingy so it's probably smaller in size. I do have the piggy look, but grigoryants told me this would happen and would eventually drop before he even performed the surgery so I'm not worried. here are some pics: )
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Grigoryants was a bit quiet but I could tell he was confident in his abilities which put me at ease.

Happy healing! Can't wait to see how your new nose will look. You're already so pretty. Question if you don't mind, the day of surgery did you have to take something that zippered infront, slippers or any special clothes?
thank you so much! I took some sweats and a zip up jacket with a bra because i didnt have a button up shirt. this is recommended because you don't wanna mess with your stitches when you get dressed after surgery. you're gonna feel a little woozy and tired so take something that's easy to put back on, you just wanna be comfy. I also took sandals cause I didn't have slip on shoes, the nurses gave me some socks to keep my feet warm. good luck! :)
Thank you. I'll take some sandals too and a sweat suit. The sweater zips up infront so I should be good. What about toe nail polish? They told me no polish on my finger nails but not sure if I should take off my toe nail polish.
I took off the toe nail Polish as well, just in case lol
I think I'll do the same. So excited nervouse. I go in tomorrow morning.
We all fixate on something about ourselves that we don't like but other people may not notice the same things we do. Other people see the whole face when they look at us but we only see what is bothering us.. Good luck with your surgery.
Goodluck Beautiful!
Don't worry, i hd mine 5 days ago and i wasn't nauseous at all. Its the morphine that makes you feel like that so maybe ask for something else. And maybe have an anti sickness before hand. Good luck xx
How did it go?!
I'm on my way there now lol
Don't worry too much, I did when I didn't really need to. It's going to happen so fast and you'll be happy you did it in the end :) Good luck!!!! Xo
Wow it looks really good from the front. Don't do it and save your beautiful face. You trade side angles for the most important one the front. Also it gives you dark bags under your eyes for a long time. Wish I would of known
It's sad but you ll only believe after you see it lol. Good luck though. Not trying to be negative nancy but more of a realistic randy lol
Ah! How cool! I'm 20 years old as well. My rhinoplasty is scheduled for next Wednesday! 11 days before I turn 21 :)
it feels surreal doesn't it haha Congrats!!
Yay! You're only a few days before me with Dr. G! Keep us posted :) Good luck!
will do, thank you!
Congrats on booking your surgery! What an exciting time. You might want to check out this list of supplies for recovery. And please keep us updated here! Less than a month to go.
thank you very much I will look into getting those supplies ASAP!
Hi! It's big decision and I can understand why you are scared and excited at the same time! Good thing you had a couple of different consults. It sounds like you and your mom are comfortable with the physician you chose which is so important. Keep thinking positive thoughts and I am sure everything will work out. I think working these things out at a young age is fantastic, you have your whole life ahead of you and you can enjoy your new nose! I'm much older than you and have noticed age related changes, volume loss especially, so I am going through my research and setting up consults to address those changes. I am scared too!! Please let us know how things go and if comfortable it would be nice to see before and after pics, good luck :)
when did you have your procedure done? I always wondered if the results were permanent. please let me know how everything goes. I will post pictures soon :)