7 Months Update

Hello everyone! I'll chime in with my thoughts and...

Hello everyone! I'll chime in with my thoughts and experience now. It seems people grow self-conscious of their noses at around 12-13, and it's the same with myself. Until a few years ago, I didn't give it much thought aside from pinching it in mirrors just to see how it would appear altered because I thought I'd learn to live with it and/or grow in it. Neither of those have happened, and I'm 23 now. Instead, I feel my youth is passing me by while I plague my mind with the issue. There's a vibrant girl under the low self-esteem itching to shine, but being conscious of conventional beauty standards won't let me do it. Everything is about pictures these days. 1 in 50 will appear good to me, so I stay away from them. The one that does turn out good I feel I am misguiding others about my appearance, and I then I end up feeling bad regardless. Lately, I've been contouring my nose with bronzer, but I don't feel good lying that much about my appearance. Plus, it's disheartening once it comes off again to know it's not what you really look like. I don't want to become a glamour-puss excessively taking pictures of myself or anything, but I do want to have pleasant memories of my life documented to look back on when I'm older. Not just in pictures, but about life, in general. Having someone look at me from the side is another story. I just want it to end and move on with my life.

I started "researching" online about 2-3 years ago, and thoroughly read through a couple forums because landing on realself. I am 95% going to go with Dr. Grigoryants. The alterations I desire are unique to my ethnicity because I have thick skin, a bulbuous/droopy tip, a overprojected nose with a bump on it...going to my nearest PS would be a bigger gamble than undergoing this procedure already is. It seemed like a lot of plastic surgeons couldn't adequately handle ethnic noses looking at before/afters...a lot of noses looked "done" to me. There's a million more now, but when I first looked, there were still a lot of photos on Dr. G's site, and a lot of them were similar to mine before. I'd say 4 out 5 of his pictures up there look amazing to me, and I shed tears of joy when I first found him (corny, I know...but it was a struggle finding a PS who works with a lot of similar cases). Initially, I sent him pictures from all angles, and he returned an insightful e-mail with improvement ideas.

I flew to California for a consultation in December. It was a Saturday, and his lobby was packed (with people with similar noses as myself! Lol I got really excited.) He answered all of my concerns + more I wasn't aware of (breathing issue through one nostril). We basically talked about lifting and refining the tip, creating an ever-so-slight slope, and doing an alar base reduction. Although, he wasn't too keen on de-projecting my nose. Idk. I think it sticks out too far. Ideally, what I would loooooovveee is one that doesn't stick out far from a profile view AND with a tiny bump in it still. This way, my nose will still look like a slope but not super smooth (which I think can give it away). Not to mention, a completely smooth slope will make my face most of its character. Funny I mentioning my face having character when I'm seeking rhinoplasty, but I just don't want THAT much character on it. :D What do you think? Is this request even possible?

It will be a while before I go through with it because I'm a student and scraping up every penny of disposable income into savings for this, which is taking a long time. Until recently, my mother wasn't supportive and thought it's frivolous spending. I broke out crying a few weeks ago because I told her how much I refrain from enjoying life like others because of this, and she saw how unhappy her daughter is. Now, she is supportive and is willing to help pay for some of it. She has a cute nose and a pretty smile and everything, so I can understand why it would be hard for someone like that to relate with someone like me (esp. if it's a mother, who sees beauty in her children irrespective of their appearances). Anyway, that's a sigh of relief! I'll be able to get have it finished much faster now.

As you can also tell, I am optimistic about this. With a 81% satisfactory rate and 19% left for unsatisfied or undecided, however, I am aware the dangers residing and precautions necessary. It would be stupid not to be after the amount of "research" I've done in 2-3 years. Like with many others, however, this means too much for me not to try. The best way to avoid mishaps would be to avoid asking for too much and going with a PS well-versed in what I want.

you're gorgeous. im sure your results will be amazing from looking at all the similar noses on his site. i cant wait to see your results when you decide to get your surgery! i have somewhat similar features and nose..minus the small bump. but the front looks just like mine. I'll be getting a finesse rhino from Dr. G. I love the pics on his site! do you have an idea of about when you'd be getting it done?
EVERYTHING about your story struck home with me: everything. Even the kind of work you want done to your nose (tip, bridge, bump, and alar narrowing) to the mom with a pretty nose. I really hope it work out for both of us!! xoxo
That's interesting because our noses look nothing alike! I can see where you think a rotated tip would benefit you. In your case, you'd benefit the most from finesse rhino - just little tweaks here and there in the areas you're seeking refinement. Regardless, you are model gorgeous and should get into the field if you haven't already. :) Are you set on Ciardullo?

So I had to use some of my saved rhino money for...

So I had to use some of my saved rhino money for emergency school costs. :( It put a bit of a dent in the funds, and it's discouraging. Borderline depressing, but I won't say that because I don't want anyone to tell me I exhibit signs of BDD. :D

Do any of you play around with your nose is the mirror? I always do and took a pic this time. How I wish the bridge were really that smooth (check out the new pic)! Couldn't get the tip in because I'm pinching it, but if it really came together like that how great it would look! My entire face looks so harmonious minus my hand in the way.

Silly pic, I know, but looking at it will keep me motivated to continue saving.

Haha great story and pics! I totally played with my nose too! I photoshopped dozens of pics and even taped it up to get an idea :) looking forward to following your progress, beautiful! :) xo
Thanks. I like your taping idea, but I think the skin on my tip is too thick for any tape to hold down, lol. It would be nose to see without a hand squeezing it in the way.
Ps. I totally play (well 'played' now!) with my nose in the mirror all the time! Good luck saving up, although you look gorgeous already!

I'm open to suggestions about what to improve. A...

I'm open to suggestions about what to improve. A new pic has been added (yikes!).

Yes, our noses are kind of similar from the front - I think your side view is better than mine tho. (lol)
You are a very pretty girl already. I think a slightly narrower nose with smaller, more defined tip, and slightly more shapely bridge from the profile view would be nice. Your morph looks amazing so it looks like your doctor knows what he's talking about! Other things to consider besides cost are breathing issues (can your doctor fix them if you have them?), short term recovery time (do you have someone to help you take it easy the first week?), and long term recovery time (sometimes swelling takes a while to subside and it can take up to a year to see full results -- not always though! Just something to think about).
Hey gorgeous! How have you been? Have you had any consultations yet? I know what you mean by your nose taking up a lot of your face. I feel the same way with close ups too! It totally distracts from the rest of my face! You are beautiful as you are but i totally understand the desire to get it done! ;) I hope it happens soon for both of us! I have another consult March 14th! I cannot wait! I keep calling to see if I can get in earlier but he is booked! haha I am SO impatient! :)

I am pretty sure it may happen this summer. Can...

I am pretty sure it may happen this summer. Can someone give me a detailed breakdown of the downtime I'll need afterward? How long before venturing out in public sans tape/discoloring/stitches, breathing through the nose again, for MOST of the swelling to go away, etc.?

You are absolutely gorgeous! And don't worry my bf always used to laugh at me when i pinched my nose up and always wished it would look like that lol and now it does i can't believe it every time i walk past a mirror lol so all i can say is go with your gut feeling and make sure you go with a reputable surgeon! You'll need 2 weeks off work/school. The first few days are the worst, it doesn't really hurt, it's just more veryyy uncomfortable! If you type in youtube "rhinoplasty diaries" you can see ladies day to day experience through it all, it's better than me trying to explain it, coz keep in mind everyones experiences are different. Some ppl told me it was the most painful thing ever and some ppl said it was fine. It was fine for me i hardly bruised or swelled, but it depends with everyone. Good luck with it all, and i hope you can do it sooner than later, i wished i did it earlier! lol :)
Hi!! How are you doing? Any news about scheduling your surgery? For the money part of it, I'm saving at least half of it, and I have a CC with 0% interest for a year, for the rest. Also, I just got a second job to help me save the money! You can make it happen :)!!
It's easy to take out a loan from GE called "Care Credit" and very affordable, that's what helped me :) I recovered from my surgery in less than a week (I made a video journal on youtube you can see if you look at my review :) I highly highly recommend rhinoplasty though and think you would look amazing after also! :)

The latest picture of me with the tip of my nose...

The latest picture of me with the tip of my nose contoured on the tip. How it makes a difference psychologically and physically for me! I can only image what a rhinoplasty would do.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

That last pic is THE only side of my face I'm okay...

That last pic is THE only side of my face I'm okay having a picture taken. Also, I think a longer nose like Irina Shayk's nose will suit me the best. I love her button tip and feel we have similar face structure.

I would do that all the time! suck in my nostrils to see how I would look with a thinner nose. hahah
Yours came out so perfect! :) Congrats.
I

Just got off the phone from booking a date...

...and I don't know what I want changed anymore. It's all blurred now. I've been so confident in what I would want and didn't want this whole time, but the moment I hang up my phone I started thinking about how to make it even more precise to my doctor what I do and don't want. I'm going to make a collage of do's and don't's in the next couple of months to take with me to my pre-surgery (the day before since I'll be flying in).

I mean, what else is there to do now? Anyone?

Suggestions on improvements and how to more adequately communicate what I want with my PS are very welcome.

After reading your story I am So happy for you that you're booked! I agree with Tiger123, the way you perceive yourself when you look into a mirror DOES matter, especially if it affects your confidence. And as long as you're not compromising feeding your children or something crazy for the sake of rhinoplasty I agree that it's not frivolous! All the best with your journey and I look forward to hearing more about it as we get closer to the time. Maybe I'll even bump into you since our surgeries are only a few days apart! I'm planning on taking morphs to my pre-op with Dr. G as well as a few pictures of what I Don't want when it comes to noses similar to mine, and then discussing everything with him then. Lol I seriously plan on not leaving that office until I'm really confident that we're on the same page (poor guy!), especially as I only have the one appointment with him in person and then I'm in surgery the next day.. eek! My pre-op appointment is at 5:30 pm so hopefully there's not too many people scheduled for after me coz I have a feeling I am going to wreck his brains haha :p but all in all I'm very confident that we've chosen a great doctor with a huge amount of experience :)
Awesome!! You are booked! My surgery was yesterday, and trust me, it comes so quickly!! Listen to your doctor's recommendations, you don't want to come back for a second rhino wishing you had done more! Good luck and keep us updated!
Will do! Thanks for the well wishes and advice.

Realistic morph?

I'm in love in Angelina Jolie's nose but know it probably won't be feasible for me (I wish, though). So in my morph, I made it as close to her nose as possible without making myself look like an alien.

It's crunch time now with the date booked. My bump looks increasingly atrocious these days.

Wow i cant wait to see your results!! I have kind of the same nose as you and really like this doctor...he is just too far from my country and I still dont know what to do..I can go to the PS in my country or just fly all away to America..this is crazy. Wishing you all the best and hoping everything is gona turn out good :))
I love your morph! It's feminine & refined and doesn't detract from your facial balance. I do agree with lmj123 however about not getting too caught up with the morphed images (haha, rich coming from me!! I feel like I'm becoming borderline obsessed these days as September gets nearer!). Obviously Dr.G has good reason for not being a huge fan of imaging and I know when I asked him about it he said that its often not the best determinant of the final outcome. That said, I completely understand the need to have a visual reference to share with your doctor. I'm planning on taking my 'morphs' into my consult with Dr.G myself. You already have beautiful features and I think u are going to have an amazing result :) So excited that we're only a few days apart so we'll get to go through this together!
in my honest opinion, the morph is nice but a rounder tip would be more natural. but i know lots of people like the sexy sharp features so thats all ill say! either way, very nice

Compiling a list of materials for post-op

Hey ladies and gentlemen! The day is inching closer, and it all seems surreal. Here is what I've conjured up as a list of must-haves below. Feel free to add more you've found useful for your own recovery. :)

-U shaped pillow
-yogurt
-petroleum jelly
-biotene for a dry throat
-q-tips
-arnica gel/pills
-absolutely NO foods high in sodium (haha)
-face wipes
-what other foods are convenient?

I don't have any idea how I will bruise and am thinking about getting Dermablend foundation from Macy's because I'll need to be out and about right after I fly back home.

Also, should I just go to my regular doctor to get my blood report done?

You are already SO pretty! I hope you get exactly the result you are hoping for! As for foods to add to your list, I vote for popsicles! Everyone seems to complain of a sore throat afterwards and who doesn't want an excuse to stock up on frozen treats?!
To add to your list I really liked having the baby food pouches on hand when I was weak and too tired to eat anything else. You can get them at any grocery store pretty much! Also I have these pills called Mag 07 im planning on taking after I take all the anti biotics to cleanse my digestive system :) You can buy them online!
Like others said, I think you are very pretty. I like the morph photo, it really suits your face. All the best.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to my grocery list!! 8-)

It has been pretty helpful!

I'm a month and a half away from surgery and am just waiting. Playing with morphs is fun so I did another one. I tried to bring the radix down and maintain some level of bumpiness on my nose to make it look natural. I also "retouched" the nose wall (the shiny part in the "before" picture) so that it appears like it is taken in like my PS said he would do. The tip is hard to get just the way I want, but this will have to do until the surgery. You can tell I altered the tip immensely as it will help in improving my appearance the most. Excuse my face in this picture. It looks like I'm about to cry in it, but it's a clear pic.

How exciting! My surgery is Sept 4th so i'll be about two weeks post op when you are going in for yours! I'm super nervous but also excited. From what I've seen on this forum you are have a fantastic surgeon. All the best - can't wait to see your result! xx
for list of things to eat/have.. i kind of lived off mashed potatoes. i couldnt chew anything cos i had so much tip work done and mashed potatoes really hit the spot hahah. soup felt a little too liquidy, sometimes you need "solids" also make sure you get a LOT of qtips, i went through like 2 boxes of 100s cos its all i used to clean my nose. and definitely dont forget saline spray after the first week. aaaanddd try and get those gel eyepad things you can freeze in the freezer... that felt so good cos your eyes get sore kinda fast. oh and last but not least, i invested in lollipops/candies to suck on to keep your throat from drying up.
I like the morph you created. Very elegant nose. Which app are you using snd do I get it?

Supra tip makes it look natural

Super smooth profiles are suspicious (to me, at least) so I was thinking about emphasizing having one. What about a straight front view?

Also, I'm going in for blood tests and making the payment soon. It's less than a month away!

Straight front view

Your so gorgeous! Read my recent blog post. Putting it on hold till I find a good dr. Might do it nex yr!
That is my birthday! So God bless you with much success on your big day! I had my surgery on the 13th August and I'm in recovery mode. Best wishes...I hope it comes out perfect.
Not long now!

I completed and turned in my blood work report last week

I'm pretty nervous, to say the least. 1.5 weeks left, and my face will be changed. What if this is a horrible mistake, and it looks awful? F*ck.

It's almost Tuesday!!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see updates!
Good luck doll.. Not sure if you saw my recent blog post. Im back in school now, i'll be looking for a better doctor early next year. nd going thru with the surgery in the summer of nex yr. you were right.. this isnt something to rush. i hope your surgery goes well xox
ahhhh SOOOO close now!!

About to get up and shower for my flight

This is going to change my life either for the better or for the worst. So much planning and money is going into this, and it's making me nervous. I just have bad visions inside my head for some reason. I trust my surgeon, but I know I'll be devastated if things don't go accordingly especially after all the persuasion for my mom and costs.

You're going to look AMAZING girly! Don't even worry. I know it's hard though. Just relax and trust your amazing and cute surgeon! lol I can't wait to see your results! You and I started this thing around the same time a long time ago. So I am totally excited to see you go through this! woo hoo!!!
good luck! You are a pretty girl to start with so I am sure you will look amazing after!
Good luck! I'm sure everything will turn out great. Sending good vibes your way. Can't wait to see your results.

Loving all the support on here!

Thank you to everyone who has posted and wished me well for tomorrow. I feel better after having had my pre-op with Dr. G. I'm going to give myself a pedicure right now and then head to bed. Surgery is at 9:30 a.m. and will be two hours long. Wowee! Update soon and good night! :)

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best in your recovery!
hey how did it go!!!!!

My surgery was at 9:30, but things were running a little behind so....

everything wasn't finished until about 2 p.m. I had a rush of emotions I was trying to conceal the entire morning. Once admitted, it was hard for my nurse to find a vein to stick the intravenous in my arm/hand. She ended up missing, and I burst out balling because 1) it hurt and 2) the emotions. Another nurse came over and found a good on on my right wrist.

Make sure you tell your nurse if you're on your period. It's just my luck I happened to be on mine right now. The paperwork did ask, but no one told me I couldn't be wearing a tampon. I assumed there might be a higher risk of TSS in case one forgets after coming off of the anesthesia that day, and I was right. Right before I went under, I mentioned it to the operating room nurse, and she gave me a maxi pad to use, instead.

The time elapsing from being admitted to when I was administered the anesthesia seemed like eternity. Dr. G came in and reiterated what he was about to do and then left. My anesthesiologist and operating room nurse were sweet ladies and made me feel comfortable. Right before I was wheeled into the OP room, the anesthesiologist slipped in the drug. It hit me before we even entered the room, which was less than 100 feet away.

The next thing I remember is going in and out of sleep in recovery. I was fed jello at some point with the nurse and my brother on my side. My eyes weren't open for most of this time. The next thing I remember was being wheeled in our car outside with the assistance of another, young man. I slept during the car ride (30 minutes) and only remember walking into the room.

By the time I woke up, it was 5 p.m. I took my meds (an antibiotic and Vicodin), drank water, ate some more jello, and crashed again. I can breathe through my nose, but I'm trying not to do it so I'm not disturbing the blood clots trying to form in there. It was 7 p.m. before I woke up again. This time after eating some strawberry applesauce and drinking water, I vomited blood. It didn't hurt my nose at all. The bruising was significantly more under my right eye, but it has now spread to the left side. So far, swelling in only prevalent around my eye sockets. I try not to make sudden movements (like getting up or walking to fast) because it makes me feel nauseous. I ended up passing out again, took another round of meds at around 12 a.m. and 1 a.m., and now I'm on here at 4 a.m.

Thought of u yesterday!!! Hope all is well!! Cant wait to see ur new nose
Thank you! I'll keep you updated.
Yesterday you were in thoughts and prayers. Before I went to bed I checked to see if you had updated. I am glad all went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery and great results.

Bleeding a lot on to the drip gauze.

The California heat probably has to do with it. I look the same as I did yesterday. The swelling has not increased, and the bruising is the same. I hope it stays this way. I've been icing 20 mins on and off often, and I had put some Arnica gel on my face. Idk if that helped, but it didn't hurt to try. Also, I avoided foods high in sodium for a few days prior to surgery (and now, too) to help minimize swelling. My throat didn't and doesn't feel sore at all. However, my lips are dry from breathing through my mouth.

I've been taking the Vicodin this entire time. I don't like "feeling" my nose, if you know what I mean. My drip gauze has been changed about 5 or 6 times already, but I hope I don't have to use it tomorrow. The toughest part is remembering to breathe through my mouth. Sometimes, I use my nose and I'm sure it slows down the blood clotting process, which means I'll need to have this drip gauze on longer.

I've been sleeping in 2-3 hour increments and consuming jello, applesauce, water, and juice. I'm ready for something warm, like oatmeal, today.

Oh, and Dr. G called last night to check up on how I'm doing and to also tell me he found and fixed a deviated septum while he was in there.

Thank you so much for your review! I'm an out of towner and I'm terrified of spending time away from my family and money on traveling only to be shuffled in and out so quickly for a consult! But his noses are amazing... :) The more reviews I read, the more brave I become regarding scheduling a consult!!
Definitely learn to be pushy with time if you want more. Don't leave until you have everything you covered, and don't feel bad about it.
Do you feel like Dr. G spent enough time with you during your consult and prep? Congrats on it being over!! Happy heeling!

This sucks

The inside of my nose is all taken up by crusty blood and guck, and I can only breathe through my mouth now. Is this how it's supposed to be?! I feel really uncomfortable. Am I supposed to go to cast-off with my nose full of that stuff on Monday?! The swelling isn't major. There was some around the eyes earlier, but now it has gone done/moved a little downward.

Super excited for u...can't wait to see ur new nose :) I have my surgery scheduled in November with Dr.G....but I'm having second thoughts....did ur nose tilt to the side??

I'm looking like a chipmunk with the inflated cheeks today

I probably won't upload any pictures until after my cast removal because I feel ugly.

Yesterday was the worst day. The combination of Vicodin and swelling caused me to tear up and revolt against eating. I was also regretting my decision. Really, it was the meds. My brother's flight back was for later in the evening, and he felt bad leaving me like that so I tried my best to improve myself before he left because he was such a doll the entire time. He took really good care of me. I couldn't even give him a big, bear hug before he left because I felt so weak, but I will do that when I get back! I switched to Tylenol for the pain, and it has helped a lot!

He brought me a pizza from CFK the night before, and I ate it all yesterday night. Yummy. Now I'm back to eating jello and applesauce because I can't breathe through my nose at all, and eating solids requires airway passage through it.

I'm still having to change my drip pad every hour or so. I emailed Dr. G yesterday, and he told me not to touch it. However, I feel like I shouldn't have to wear the drip pad on Day 3, right?!

Finally gave myself a bubble bath today. The shower head in the place I'm staying spurts everywhere, and I'm not sure how I'll wash my hair. There's a lot of danger of it going on to my face. The shower head in my home lets out water very cleanly and even detaches. Has anyone washed their hair in the kitchen or bathroom sinks? If so, how was it for your nose for you head to be held in that position?

As for the nose, it looks shorter. The tip looks smaller, and the bump is gone. I just want to clean the guck in my nose sooooooo bad!!!!! :(

I've been seeing a lot of reviews of Dr. G about the nurse who is giving the IV. All of them saying that she is always having trouble finding a vein! Making it very painful and even making some patients cry. This concerns me a lot cause I was thinking of going to Dr. G, but I don't want to have to go through the whole IV pain. Maybe that nurse should not be the one to give the IV.
Really? Thank goodness because I was beginning to think I'm a sissy. The attemptd spot on my wrist is still bruised and, while there is a vein there, the area has been bruised so bad that the knuckle that vein attaches too is sensitive to when I push down on it.
Ouch! I'm sorry that happened/: Someone should tell Dr G about that nurse so no one else gets hurt!

Turning point

I had a friend over yesterday and decided to get ready, which restored confidence in myself because I had been living in sweats and pajamas the whole time after surgery. I cleaned my place up, WASHED MY HAIR, and did my makeup. Even with the cast on, I wasn't self-conscious about looking to the side. I hope to God the result underneath measures up to my aspiration so I can grab life by the horns and give it a whirl. The only thing that stopped me last night from doing so was the cast. :)

Good Luck Today :)
How did it go?
good luck with the cast removal! so excited to see it and hope youre feeling well :)

Here it is

I had a late appointment, and then decided to go shopping in Beverly Hills before shops closed so I didn't get a chance to take many pictures today. I also have a full day tomorrow with my last day in southern California and flying back the next day so I'll try my best to upload more pics a-sap. I took this one in the bathroom waiting for my taxi after cast removal. Full details to come! Unless, of course, you don't care for them and just want to see the pics. ;)

It's obviously swollen (especially between the eyebrows), and the tip will drop. I won't say it's a dream come true quite yet in fear of jinxing it.

are u ok?
Have not heard from you...hope you are doing ok.
Wow! I can't believe how good it looks already and that it's all done! Incredible!

Sorry, everyone! I've had an extremely hectic couple days back!

I'm okay, and thank you for the concerns. :)

This is how the post-op went: I took half a Vicodin beforehand to prepare myself for the discomfort. I arrived, and it began. Oh man! Pulling those dried up, bloody and boogery crusties off of a sensitive area made me tear up and wince like a big baby. When he pulled the splints off and out, it felt liberating. I went from not being able to breathe through my nose to being able to do it completely save a few crusties still being lodged up there. Dr. G said not to pick at them, and to either them run their natural course of use olive oil to soften them. I've been doing that the last couple of nights. That one nostril of mine that wasn't performing well before was up and running great now, too. I propped up and looked at myself in the mirror. WOWZERS!!!! It was me, but a prettier version! My nose looked so teeny tiny and cute albeit some swelling.

As you can see in the immediate post-op pic, my nose was taped up before I headed out, and I was advised to do so every night to minimize the swelling. So far, my nose looks pretty slender in the mornings and inflates throughout the day. It doesn't help that I'm in warm environments all day and run around a lot for school/work, either. Oh well. I'm so thrilled with he profile view that I don't even care about the swelling. It does mimic my old nose from the front when it's swollen, but I keep in mind how much smaller and cuter it looks with the tape on and in the mornings, and that keeps my concern at bay.

I went shopping in Beverly Center right after the cast removal. The tape was on my nose, of course, and a lady stopped me in the rest room and asked if I had had a nose job. She told me her daughter had it done, and that mine came out really pretty. I was smiling ear-to-ear the entire time. That evening, I ate real food for the first time in a week. Interestingly enough, I started to get that funky smell in my nose, which made me lose my appetite. However, sitting in that restaurant without a care in the world about how my profile looks was a spirit elevating experience. I lost 7 lbs during recovery because I ate only jello and applesauce the entire time.

I've also bumped it a few times. It hurt a lot once. This is most likely why there is a lot of swelling in the tip.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Yes, thank you. I had to came back to reality in full speed immediately. My plane landed home at 10 pm. The next two mornings were early starts and late finishes. I wanted to take pics and post earlier, but I either looked too tired or felt too tired to type up everything.
And I'm back!

I forgot to mention...

that there is still a little bit of bruising underneath my right eye and on my right eye lid. Also, after Dr. G had me look in the mirror in side view, my jaw dropped in awe. I couldn't believe my eyes. I gave him a big hug. :)

I bought Afrin for the plane ride home in case of nose bleeds with changing elevations, but I didn't need it. My nose was dripping blood and clear stuff consistently up until Day 8. It sucked, but I just kept a packet of gauze with me and wiped as needed.

Wow I love your nose! Looks great even swollen!
Your nose is looking good already even with the evening swelling - that's amazing! Congratulations!
I knew you'd look fabulous! :) congrats on your new beautiful nose. Its soo natural and suits you well. I remember you were contemplating a lot of different looks and pics to show dr. G. Which pic did u pick or what did you tell him you wanted? Or did you end up just letting dr g do his thing...what he thinks looks good?

A front view with tape on

I'm getting ready for bed and took a pic. There are tiny bruises under my right eye and on the right eyelid. The fluctuation in tip swelling is amazing. I've had the tape on for a couple hours now so my nose looks relatively slim, but boy does it fatten up without it! I'm still ecstatic. Tomorrow, I will post more pics from various angles. Sorry about the no makeup in this pic.

Update please! How are you doing?
You are looking so great! I'm sure the final results will be amazing.
Wow beautiful! Congrats! :)

An update

With a frontal pic. I tried to take a pic when the tip was at its thinnest (early in the day). I still tape my nose every night and whenever I'm home for long periods of time. It helps! I was anticipating not retrieving sensitivity in my tip for a long time, but it's pretty much back to normal. It kind of hurts a little when I push up from under, though. That will be gone soon enough, I hope Since the side walls were taken in, they were extremely tender for a while but aren't so much anymore.

I'm still using gauze and Q-tips to clean out my nose every day. Regular tissue still feels rough. If I don't get those wet, stringy boogers out every morning then I'm sniffling the rest of the day. My smile is also back to normal!

I was visiting my friend yesterday, and her hyperactive dog bumped into my nose from below. It was painful, and there was (is) a little bit of swelling around one nostril. In general, my nostrils looks pretty even, which I'm happy about. It's easy for me to keep myself occupied enough to the point in which I'm not obsessing over minute, day-to-day changes...so the days are flying by quick! Overall, I'm still pretty ecstatic about the result of my surgery. Not being able to blow my nose is a bit of a downfall, but I'll manage. :)

Also, my confidence level has had an exponential hike since the surgery. I can't tell if people are smiling more toward me because I look prettier or because I'm radiating confidence and happiness. Whichever one of those it is, I'm loving it. I can't believe I did it and that it has turned out as pleasant as it has. I hope no one casts an evil eye on my happiness!!

Heyy dont worry, mine is getting smaller everyday, i can see it changing. It will get better, im on my 7th week and the swelling is improving heaps. You look hot!!! Cant wait to see more pics!!
FR, it looks great! I just had a revision 3 wks ago. This one went well- thank goodness!! After the cast were you told to put tape on it like some people are told to do? I don't do that and was wondering if your dr told you to put tape on at night or anything? I don't think that matters, but wondering why some folks are told to do that?
Supposedly, the tape minimizes formation of scar tissue by compressing it. As a result, it will cover less area and result in a smaller result. It can't do me any harm so I do it nightly. My doctor advised me to do it for the first month, but I'm going to continue doing it until I stop seeing major fluctuations in swelling. Congrats on your revision, and I hope that you love your end result this time.

Swelling is getting to my head

I know it hasn't even been a month, yet, but the way the tip gets round bothers me. The swelling begins at the supratip. In other words, it reminds me of my old tip. :(

Update on how my nose feels: The bridge feels pretty normal, and there isn't any swelling there anymore. The tip is another story, however. The tippy tip feels normal to sensation, but underneath (between the nostrils) still hurts when I push up on it. I'm not "aware" of my nose anymore like I was the first 2-3 weeks. I can tell the insides are still sensitive because it borderline hurts when I yawn and step into the cold, though. I'm still taping and thoroughly cleaning boogers with my gauze and Q-tips nightly, which I don't mind because it's kind of fun. I'll add pictures in a couple of days!

It looks great already! And you're beautiful!! Thanks for sharing, and keep us updated! :)
Gorgeous!
Everything you are going through is the same with my nose so I guess it's normal. I guess it is just a waiting game. :-(

Had my pictures taken this weekend...

I had pictures taken this past weekend, and I didn't not like any of them like I always did before! I actually let myself be tagged in them on facebook!! I'm looking forward to not having to rely on selfies as my only source of pictures. This is the biggest relief to me. Please, oh please, let there only be improvement from here and no one cast an evil eye on my happiness. :) Yes, I know I look completely different when I smile, lol.

For some reason, the areas underneath my eyes that bruised after surgery have become darker. For this reason, I'm having to use more concealer than I'm used to. It looks obvious in the pic. I read it having happened to others and that it goes away in a few more weeks.

Your results are astonishing. Your new nose is beautiful. You look great :-)
Have u seen your nose in a 3-way mirror yet? (: Just saw mine in one for the first time in months and nearly died!!!
Yes, I was at a clothing store yesterday and saw it. It looks nice because the bump is gone, but it can look better without the tip swelling. Thank you for following my review!

Nothing new.

Same pattern of swelling, and everything else is the same.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I forgot to include the picture.

Wowww!! From pretty to gorgeous! You have inspired me. Ive been doing research and wanting a rhino w dr g for such a long time. This time im going to stop being a chicken and go for it lol
Hi! You look abs terrific. It looks so perfect in these pics. I cannot even imagine it looking better because it is already perfect. wow. And p.s. do you have a supra tip break already? It looks that way! very nice.
wow ... very, very pretty

Thank you everyone...

for your kind words and support! :) There are just so many of you to thank for following my review. It warms my heart!

Hello there! You have a very active page with many peeps having rhinoplasties. Great info! Yay! It is 8 weeks now and my dr says that I it is ok to start wearing glasses again. However, I am super scared to mess anything up! I love my result and don't want to cause harm (of course!), but need my reading glasses tons!!! I have my glasses rigged up on a headband so that don't press my bridge... but, if it's ok- I love to ditch the headband gizmo. Other dr.'s on this site seem to even say sooner was okay, but I did see one doctor say 6 mos ???!!!!! omg What do you think? or, what do any of you believe to be okay? -so, ready to ditch the headband ordeal.... :) thank you tons
How do you remove pics?
y u removed the pics,, it was so helpful..i decided to go to dr G only after i saw ur pics & saw haw our noses are similar,, wish u will post ur pics after the swelling ends

3 Month Update

The winter cold is keeping the tip swelling down. I still tape it at nights 2-3 times a week, but it isn't so bad if I don't do it, either. Every part of it feels normal except the tip. It's so hard. I still have to e-mail my PS update pics.

I love it, though. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Sorry for the weird filter on the pic.

Very pretty! Thank you for updating us. Looking forward to hearing from you ;)
You look very beautiful with your new nose. Happy NY! Thanx for the update.
Thank you.

I feel beautiful these days.

No fabrications or lies. Gosh, I'm glad I unburdened myself of low self esteem.

If you are having doubts, I would recommend do it (given you research the surgeon well).

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Decided to add a picture.

Thank you for your review! Gorgeous girl.
You look beautiful, your nose fits you well
Looking good! How have people around you adjusted to it?

7 month update

I get a lot of compliments on my face now, and it makes me feel guilty for having "cheated" to obtain them. :( I always have that little thought inside me telling me I paid for it.

I look about the same, and I feel confident about myself. Swelling is obnoxious, though. I'm hoping it vanishes 1 year post-op. It's what happens to those with thicker skin, I guess.

I plan on getting my rhinoplasty done with Dr. Grigoryants and I would love to see some pictures of your nose :). I was also wondering if I could ask you some questions about your experience with Dr. G?
Sure! Ask away. I will be posting 1 year post-op pics here soon.
Seriously, after reading your review about Dr.Grigoryants made me more confident and comfortable to get my surgery done with him.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon