Cast off. Tip swollen but cute- Glendale, CA

I am like every other person here who has grown up...

I am like every other person here who has grown up hating there nose. My nose is huge and bulbous. I have been told that I have thick skin but not too bad.

The main thing that makes me nervous is that my Dr. seems a little overworked and in a hurry. But I love his results, the pictures I have seen. I met him today for my pre op and he seems confident in being able to deliver the results I want. My main concern is the swelling, most of the reviews I've read say the tip swells up bigger than before the surgery. I just really hope it doesn't get too bad since that is what I really don't like about my nose.

I am 22, have been wanting this for at least 9 years. I hope it makes me look more proportioned. Many people have asked me throughout my life if I plan on getting rhinoplasty so I know its not just me.

So less than a week to go and I feel excited, have...

So less than a week to go and I feel excited, have finals so I need to FOCUS!! but I keep coming on here and reading other peoples experiences and hoping for the best.

So I have to be in the hospital by 6am. I am so...

So I have to be in the hospital by 6am. I am so nervous, more than I thought I would be. I had finals until today so have not really had time to prepare emotionally I guess. I have had this booked since June but it was so far away so I pushed it aside, and know it is the night before and I am SCARED! I have never had surgery before and knowing my nose is going to get broken is scary!!

Thank you to everyone who has posted their experience, if not for reading them I would not know what to expect. I am most afraid of having uneven nostrils, I know there is no guarantees and this makes me hesitant. I look in the mirror and kinda start to like my nose, but then I look at pictures and I know I want to go through with this lol.

I am also scared of looking like a pig if its too upturned. I am just thinking of the bad things and not the good which I usually do. I have bought plenty of soups and frozen foods.

I just feel a lot of anxiety toward the outcome, I pretty much know the recovery is hardest the first week but I have three weeks off so hopefully I wont have too much of a hard time. We will see how it goes!

Had it don't yesterday at 8am, I think it was...

Had it don't yesterday at 8am, I think it was 3hours long. I woke up in horrible pain, my septum felt like it was stabbed over and over again lol. And before I went in to the OR I got this nurse that couldn't get the needle into my hand so I have three holes which made the pain start sooner than the operation. At least it is all over!!!

I haven't really been able to breathe through my nose and having to be sitting up to sleep so this is very uncomfortable for me since I usually sleep almost flat.

It's hard to tell what it looks like know but I like the tip not droopy like before. I had to change gauze a lot yesterday due to my nose bleeding, still bleeding does anyone know how long it last?

Today is worst day so far. I took Tylenol pm...

Today is worst day so far. I took Tylenol pm because I haven't slept in two days and I actually slept which is good. My nose is still 'leaking' blood from one side and more mucus from the other. I am starting to feel nauseous and my eyes are so swollen, I am just uncomfortable and feel slight pain nothing excruciating. I don't regret it but too uncomfortable to look at my nose or think about it, I just want to feel normal again lol. My nose is taped and has a splint, which makes it look really upturned, well compared to old droopy nose. I will have to get use to all the space between my upper lip and nose, as it looks strange to me right now. But I'm looking forward to seeing it after a month or two. I have to wait until the 26th to get the splint removed, the good things is I don't have to go back to work until January 7 :)

So its 3 days after surgery and I have been...

So its 3 days after surgery and I have been getting nauseous lately. I have been primarily living off of crackers and water and making it my goal not to puke since I can't breathe through my nose, it already feels like I'm going to drown when I'm drinking water. My parents and boyfriend have been taking care of me, I already ran out of gauze so I needed my bf to get me some more. I have thick bloody mucus still coming out of my nose, I think it's worse at night but not sure. I took Tylenol pm last night to help me sleep and I think it's the Tylenol making me nauseous.
My cheeks are swollen so that's good, it means it's healing. I will ask my bf or dad to take pics and post them later.
I am just glad my dad is supportive, when I first told him he got angry, he is more conservative religious, but I explained to him that I needed his support and he has been awesome, my bf too because he was not happy that I was doing it but I wanted it for a long time.

The recovery is worse than I thought but not bad at all. I thought I would be ready to go to store 4 days after but I look SCARY so I'm staying home until I get the splint removed, glad I don't have any Christmas parties to go to or anything.

Day 5 post op. Swelling getting lower on face. I...

Day 5 post op. Swelling getting lower on face. I feel better, more back to normal. My nose still is dripping blood/mucus mix but it is decreasing in amount. I finished the antibiotics which is good because I won't have to wake up in the morning to take them. My nose is getting itchy, at night i went to touch it semi conscience and my eyes started tearing up and it hurt!! The worst is over! (i hope) i have plastic in my norstil along my septum and it looks stitch in there. It just looks painful to remove!!

Day 5 post op. Swelling getting lower on face. I...

Day 6 post op and I still have to wait two more...

Day 6 post op and I still have to wait two more days for splint removal. I hate the feeling if it, my nose is taped underneath so it feels so tight and my face also has tape. Nose still leaking mucus with a slight red tint to it but mostly clear but it's definitely a lot less than before. Bruising and swelling almost gone and I don't feel pain other than the sting I feel when my stitches get pulled. My doctor is really busy so instead of getting my splint removed in 5-7 days i have to wait 8. I know not a huge difference but its another full day of this uncomfortable cast and looks when i walk my dog. As long as i like my nose this will all be worth it, it is hard to tell what it looks like and the splint is uneven so my nostrils look uneven.

I finally got the splint removed about an hour ago...

I finally got the splint removed about an hour ago. I like it already just the tip is really swollen I hope it goes down a lot. I have to tape it at nights and I have an appointment to go in to see doctor in two weeks. While I was there there were about 5 people maybe 6 getting their splint removed too! He does a lot of rhinoplasties, so that is good!

So the tip is swollen to about twice its size...

So the tip is swollen to about twice its size since the splint the removal, I did a lot of shopping get yesterday so that probably did not help. I have to sleep slightly elevated about 30 degrees in order to get all the swelling in my face and nose to go away. I am happy with the results from what I saw yesterday. One nostril is slightly bigger than the other but that's probably due to swelling.

The funniest thing is that my bf was upset and not very supportive when I told him I wanted to do this. He did take care of me and during his lunch he would come home to walk the dog so he has been great. Now he keeps looking at me saying my nose looks great! Worth It! I need to remember I was looking for an improvement and not perfection. But I think it is as close to perfect as a doctor can get and it is a HUGE improvement!! My bf says I haven't looked this happy and a while, I just feel more confident. I use to be called squidward in school and that's what I always thought of when I saw my face in the mirror, now I love looking!

It's about 12 days post op and from the front its...

It's about 12 days post op and from the front its really swollen and I love the profile. i am happy overall i loved it after the splint was removed and it got swollen. I knew it would. But cute and smaller than before. I feel more confident
:-)
Dr. Vladimir Grigoryants

I found him online and loved his before and after pictures.

How do you feel today with results? I'm taking my daughter for a consult for revision next Saturday and would love to hear some feedback
Congrats! Any update??
Updated picts would be great!

How are you feeling now that you're 9 months post op? We'd love an update!

An update with picts would be great!
Hi Lucy, It would be awesome to get on update on how you are doing. All the best!
Updated photos of how great you look now would be awesome! And, really helpful for others trying to make their decisions. Thanks!!
Hello! How are you doing? can you post new pics? :)
You look AMAZING!!! Best of luck and happy healing! :D
You're adorable!
Congrats Lucy, you are looking so beautiful :)
I see a great improvement in your post op pictures! I'm going on day 10 and my frontal isn't too pleasing yet to me because of swelling. Not that I want you to have the same problem but its reassuring that like everyone says...this is normal and it will get much better with time. How much time is probably running through your head as it is mine. :) I think I'll have another pineapple now :)
Again your last post helped sooth my fear. ;) I took the splint off myself yesterday (Saturday) as my Dr. said I could do it on Thursday or Friday. I wanted to wait for him next wk, but at 10 days post-op it was really starting to peel & smell, yuck. The smell is not unlike anything else that has been casted for a while. I did email him to ask if there were any harm & if it would compromise my nose I'd deal with the smell & wait. He said as long as I was gentle after running water over it in the shower it should be fine. Came off easily. I love the new narrow shape, but the tip was pretty swollen compared to the rest that I got a little panicky. I expected swelling, but was so hoping the tip would not stay bulbous compared the rest of my nose. I wasn't prepared for that much swelling still, so reading your post in that you are experiencing it too helped calm my fears. ;) I have to remember this is part of the process. I look forward to hear what day you notice even more swelling to go down. Are you allowed to gently put any cold compresses on any section of it? Any other advise they gave you for the swelling besides sleeping elevated? Thanks!!
They just told me to sleep at about 30 degrees, I just use two pillows I just finished physics is don't want to think about angle lol. I work for a Dr. And she told me that ice would help with the swelling so I have peas in a glove with the hand on my forehead and fingers along the sides. I also am taking árnica and bromelain, not consistently though which I should. I have read by 3 months 80 percent of the swelling is gone but there is no evidence just doctors opinions on some blogs.
My doctor said the same thing about swelling going down that much in that time frame. I am taking Arnica too. I will try the glove thing. Good idea! Thanks!
Lucy, you look great, and as the swelling goes down, you'll be even happier, I'm sure! Congrats girl !!
I meant "looks" lol
Look so good! :)
Thank you a lot better than before!!
Hi! I was wondering how you are doing and how the healing is going? can you post some more recent pictures? thanks :)
I am back to normal and happier than before. My nose is still swollen and a little uneven with the nostrils but I'm sure it is due to more swelling on one side. Don't worry about the surgery, day 2 & 3 are the worst just because it is uncomfortable but it's worth it. And the surgery everyone talks to you and gets your mind off of it until they inject you and your out. It was so easy, I woke up with pain but they gave me injection pain medication and it was better within a minute or two. I only took the vicodin the first 3 or 4 days to make sure I didn't feel in pain. But really a lot easier than I thought it would be. It was worth it for me, you will see my pictures it is still swollen but for me it is still smaller than before. Just to let you know, no one will notice after. I have seen family even family I told I was doing it forgot and did not notice when I saw them. So if you do it for yourself it is worth it but no one else will notice I guarantee you. I love my profile from the front its is swollen but it only last a year to fully heal so for the rest of my life I will be good hopefully ^_^
I know its swollen from the front but I still love it! The funny thing is I'm sure people that didnt know you had something done, wont even notice the swelling! Your nose fits your face so well and it def looks like the nose you meant to have! :)
Hi Lucy. Sounds like you are doing good. :) I was wondering if there are pros and cons to doing closed rhinoplasty instead of open? Do you know anything about that? I am still really interested in Dr. Grigoryants and want to know more about him. ;)
As far as I know open is longer healing time and your nose drops more from the tip. I had a huge nose but wanted closed, it is harder for the surgeon But easier in recovery which is good for us the patients. My healing was fast and i am really glad i had closed, i have the stitches inside my nostrils. If you live in the area i really like dr.g even though he doesnt have the time to call after surgery like some other doctors he does have alot of experience and there are no negative reviews that i could find. I have a cute nose i was told by others that due to my skin thickness i would not be able to get. I am very happy i choose him so far, and i am only about 12 days post op.
Thank you for your reply. I'm starting to think that closed might be better too. I look at before and afters with closed and open and with the open ones I can somewhat see the droop in the tip. Not a TON but still a difference compared to the closed pictures. :) I'm trying to decide between a few different doctors but I love that Dr. G has plenty of before and after pics to review as others don't and make it harder for me to choose them.